FEE3 2018: Can't stop, won't stop!

Arch

ATTENTION: To all of those who are watching Fire Emblem E3 2018!

Unfortunately, it may not seem like it, but we are quite behind schedule. Due to the sheer number of entries we've had piled on top of issue upon unforeseen issue, I regret to inform all of you that we'll be stalling all remaining projects from being showcased, effective tomorrow, until further notice.

===

Look, I'm not gonna lie to you guys. This year's FEE3 has been an utter mess behind the scenes. Between the decision to have multiple commentators, so many entries, and only 12 days worth of prep time to get everything ready - on top of other problems such as people having technical issues while recording or others having to bail out due to circumstances - I knew this was going to end up being very chaotic.

This has never happened before, and I strongly feel we're guilty of being stuck behind the times - what would have worked for us several years ago has completely thrown us off course this year. FEE3 is a time where we as a whole gather to show off our skills and ideas so that others may get to enjoy them by playing one day, and show them off in a... semi-professional manner, and have good fun along the way. Things have gotten much easier in terms of ROM Hacking these past few years and the skill barrier required for entry has lowered sizably, allowing for opportunities for many folks who want to give it a try. As showrunner and a long-time member of this community, I'm extremely disappointed that we failed to provide for everyone with something up to par.

We still have twelve entries left to receive and two more that are queued to upload. I have nothing left on my end and am waiting for videos to receive to upload. Until I obtain all remaining entries, I feel it's best if we wait and take a breather to get back on track.

Again, my sincerest apologies to everyone, to those who submitted entries for us to showcase, and especially Arch, who's been doing his damnedest to maintain a smooth ride only for it to turn rocky at many a turn.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had an unprecedented number of entries this year, so my apologies. Next year, we'll give more time for recording. Traditionally, that has been enough time for the LPers. With a high number of volunteers, I thought it would be fine. We had some people get assignments and then drop out for unforeseen reasons, which complicated things.

Part of the reason we started the show and back-loaded the unfinished content was to give people a longer period of time, up to 18 days, to fulfill their commitments. Obviously, that still hasn't happened for some of the entries.

We will regroup and see where we're at tomorrow. I'm just going to go ahead and record anything that isn't submitted to me by 5pm PST when I get off of work. This show isn't going to fall through, not on my watch. This is the first time we've had any hiccups in eight years, and as much as I would've liked to keep that streak going the least I can do is make sure that everything we promised gets delivered.

Just wanted to let everyone know and clarify that everything is back on track and proceeding as planned. We just needed a day off to get all of our ducks in a row, that's all.

On with the show!

Edited by Arch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 29/10/2018 at 7:02 PM, Mage Knight 404 said:

Sometimes you don't wanna bother setting up your Randomizer program for another run of your favorite game.

But in all seriousness this is really neat.

Hi guys from Serenes and FE Universe! I used your randomizer and it's really funny! So far some weapons are unusable (upgrade of evil eye, steel bow have 20-ish hit XD), preparations merchants sell amazing stuff (SPOILS - stat boosters, keys and master seals- NO SPOIL) and my Gilliam and Neimi have good growths and Gilliam's bases are awesome.