SRPG Studio -- Changing Ally to Playable?

BlueLeafeon

I know the actual full program hasn't been released yet, but seeing as how the demo is out, and allows for quite a lot of customization, surely someone has figured this out already.

I have been trying to figure out how to make an allied unit recruit. I know the sample game does it , but I can't figure out how. I've added the Talk conversation and a global switch but when I put my character near the allied unit, no extra options appear.

So did you make sure that the Source was the playable unit you want to be able to recruit the NPC, and the NPC was listed as the Destination?  And that the String was left as "Talk"?

Also, is the Global Switch set to On when you are trying to activate the conversation?  Remember that in order to activate a switch, you must do something in-game (and to that end you need to tie it to some sort of event, whether that's initiating a conversation or defeating an enemy).  If you just make a switch and you don't give it an event to switch it on/don't fulfill the event requirements within your test, then that talk option will never show up.

Edited by Ertrick36

The official website has help pages that are incredible even on google translate I suggest giving them an over look.

This page in particular

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://srpgstudio.com/lecture/ally.html&xid=17259,15700023,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700190,15700201,15700208&usg=ALkJrhho3TruurkVRGP_qvk3jlPoyN0kxw

But for my personal instructions, basically you need to already have info of the unit in the Player Tab, then on the map go Unit Mode -> Ally Placement Mode -> Create Player as Ally. Go to the map's Talk Event and create the event. I'd use the Battle Event Command "Unit Affiliation" to change them to Player and the allied unit in the same map will become playable and then the next chapters they'll be available. Their stats and parameters as the "ally" unit will also override their default stats and parameters.

*edit*

here's an english link

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1465103169

Edited by Atticus Lee

Thanks for the help, guys!

I didn't realize steam's community was already open for this thing. Nice!

Now if only I could figure out why this map doesn't have any playable units despite the fact that it should.