New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The "Anew" skill would be a good skill for a Legendary Staff Hero.

The problem is that refresh and heal are both assists, so you can't have both in any smart way. Either it always does both which is problematic (e.g. healing people out of desperation range), or you simply choose one or the other. Of course, it's perfectly possible to just have a staff unit that *doesn't* heal, and just refreshes and does damage/debuffs with their staff. The game mechanics already support that as-is. Whether they would they do that, I don't know, given the ingrained association people have formed that staves = heals.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The problem is that refresh and heal are both assists, so you can't have both in any smart way. Either it always does both which is problematic (e.g. healing people out of desperation range), or you simply choose one or the other. Of course, it's perfectly possible to just have a staff unit that *doesn't* heal, and just refreshes and does damage/debuffs with their staff. The game mechanics already support that as-is. Whether they would they do that, I don't know, given the ingrained association people have formed that staves = heals.

Yeah... that's would not work very well... even if the refresh become a B-skill for healers, for a exemple, we would have a unit that can use Physic to refresh allies. a Range 2 dancer would be a chaos in the arena, although healers don't score that high.

12 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I gave Close Counter to my LA! Roy, and with his Guard Bow and Close Def seal, he is a great unit reaching 36 Def/Res during enemy phase, 42 if he has access to Fortify Cavalry, 48 with Nanna's Ward Cavalry and because she is LA!Roy's Support. Others units I would probably give Close Counter would be Halloween Jakob and maybe Faye. If Faye was a 4* unit, I would +10 her.

I am gonna try for Halloween Jakob so I'll try to hold on to Takumi for a while in case I'm lucky with my pulls~ Sounds like an awesome Roy build, too~ 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I am gonna try for Halloween Jakob so I'll try to hold on to Takumi for a while in case I'm lucky with my pulls~ Sounds like an awesome Roy build, too~ 

LA!Roy is great. Sadly, he is a seasonal unit, so I don't know when I will have another chance to get him again...

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

A refresh that has a cooldown isn't going to happen. I suspect they'd take the easiest route, with Anew just being a Dance/Sing clone with no special effect, then giving her a B skill that heals whenever dance is used. And everyone would unequip it for WoM because uncontrolled healing is bad.

As for the general topic I don't mind the non-canonicity of FEH implementation of heroes. I think it's fantastic that units such as Raven got converted over to cover for the glaring fast-axe niche for example, and I have no problem with Archer Faye. What matters though is that they should use the opportunity to make interesting units, and Tobin 100% fails that test. More conversions please. Leif really needed something else.

Just to be clear, I don't think necessarily it's bad that they changed units (well except Narcian as he was actually filling a niche in his own game), just weird, and the weirdness is exacerbated when they include their original weapon in the artwork for some reason, as is the case with Raven (and Linus).

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Just to be clear, I don't think necessarily it's bad that they changed units (well except Narcian as he was actually filling a niche in his own game), just weird, and the weirdness is exacerbated when they include their original weapon in the artwork for some reason, as is the case with Raven (and Linus).

I don't think it's weird at all for someone to carry multiple weapons on their person. Especially because swords are among the easiest weapons to carry without getting in the way of using another weapon.

As I already mentioned, there are a lot of characters in this game that have only a sword in their idle art and do not use it. Heck, Dire Thunder Reinhardt doesn't have Dire Thunder in his idle art (and has a sword instead), but Meisterschwert Reinhardt does.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As I already mentioned, there are a lot of characters in this game that have only a sword in their idle art and do not use it. Heck, Dire Thunder Reinhardt doesn't have Dire Thunder in his idle art (and has a sword instead), but Meisterschwert Reinhardt does.

I mean Dire Thunder is the main reason Reinhardt got so popular so might as well just draw it in sword Reinhardt's art to acknowledge it

2 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

@Anacybele I have a random question that I thought about when facing a Frederick in TT. With the new dancer Micaiah are you worried any about your Frederick? I know he has like insane defense but I wasn't sure how his res was. Just curious :)

Frederick shouldn't be getting attacked by red tomes in the first place?

56 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

@Anacybele I have a random question that I thought about when facing a Frederick in TT. With the new dancer Micaiah are you worried any about your Frederick? I know he has like insane defense but I wasn't sure how his res was. Just curious :)

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Frederick shouldn't be getting attacked by red tomes in the first place?

Yeah, this. And I have Reinhardt or another blue take care of those. Besides, not like Micaiah is the only threat. xP

13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Healing damaged nukes is fine. In my opinion, the actual problem is that we do not have enough access to Atk/Spd Push to take advantage of that situation

Currently, our two most popular types of nukes are Desperation nukes and Firesweep nukes. Desperation nukes are cheap to build but need some set up if they want to go against more dangerous foes. Firesweep nukes are basically the cure to cancer like Vantage and Wary Fighter-Quick Riposte Hector, with their primary drawback being lower killing performance.

Atk/Spd Push nukes (I prefer Renewal nukes since it is shorter to type) have even better first round performance than Desperation nukes by being able to utilize their full bulk to take counter attacks, and healing themselves back up over time. If Dance/Sing-Heal combo became a thing, it would make Renewal nukes more viable by shortening their healing downtime.

I finally got a new unit from this banner: Elincia. I used the orbs from quests, log-in bonus and Tempest Trial  trying to get her or Micaiah. I would prefer Micaiha, but I am happy with Elincia. Now, this banner is dead to me. Bye bye "Festival in Hoshido" banner... until next year or at least until your units appear in a Legendary Banner.

Speaking of banners... today I got my last free summon in the daily banners. What were my results?

Weapon Triangle: 3* Roy
Vantage: 3* Fir
Fury: 4* Sothe
Hone Atk: 5* Leo (+Res/-Def).
Quick Riposte: 3* Hinata
Life and Death: 4* Saizo
Blade Skills: 4* Frederick
Threaten Def: 4* Oboro
Death Blow: 3* Olivia
Threaten Spd: 3* Clarisse
Flier Boost Skills: 4* Oboro
Death Blow 2: 4* Legault
Powerful Specials: 3* Frederick
Weapons to Refine: 4* Laslow
Weapons to Refine 2: 4* Raven

I got one 5* units in the free summons, and the units was not a focus unit. I will probably use Leo to give QR to someone else...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I-I got Xander!!! I completed Xander Team!!!
(But my orbs for the CYL2 was sacrifice...)

FAQ~

-- Why you spend your saved orbs for the CYL in Xander?
R. I love Hector and I too want his brave version, but... I prefered Xander, he dances me!!

-- Is Xander your husband?
R. No, he isn't. My husband of Fates is Saizo....
But he hasn't alt... I wanted to see Saizo in yukata.... (I remembered his change the clothes in his support with Oboro... I hope him has a alt soon...)

Well I forgot to post here but I managed to get both Xander and Ryoma so I am done with this banner.  I have to say I am enjoying using Ryoma in arena this week.