Do you like your body hair?

XRay

40 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I actually didn't try hot wax, so I don't know about the smell. The stuff I tried was made of natural ingredients and kind of smelled like honey. I've done lots of research, and I've never seen any complaints about that specifically...but I definitely feel like it could smell awful if you over-microwaved it or something.

Interesting. I never knew there are other types of wax. I wonder if it hurts less.

— — — — — — —

As for the head hair discussion, I am glad I cut my hair short earlier this summer, although it is starting to grow back a bit now.

6 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

If I get too hot, I just feel sick, so sometimes I have I have to take a cold shower if I'm having trouble sleeping.

I did this for the first two years in New York during the summer before I got an AC. Reminds me of the times when I just gave up walking back and forth to the bathroom and just slept in the bathtub.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Someone should draw this.

Seconded.

5 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

When it comes to hair, despite me not liking having "long hair"(my standards at least), I tend to ignore the heat troubles it gives me. I'm starting to feel like I don't get enough haircuts.

I get mine cut every few months. It gets too thick and makes my brain start to melt in winter.

7 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Never played her game(s)? but anime hair gets a pass because magic.

Pretty well all of her abilities are associated with her hair. Her clothes are her hair and all of her summons are channelled through her hair, though you may have noticed this if you've seen her in Smash Bros.

9 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Maybe you're just a hot person. I get hot episodes sometimes too but I think most of the time it's because I'm not treating my body well(not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water etc.) At least that's what I think is triggering them.

I wish. Maybe it's that, but I can't go to sleep if I'm too hot which is a problem because my bedroom seems to trap heat. Great when trying to stay warm in winter... but a 34 Celcius daytime heatwave means I'd expect too much of a drop for a comfortable night's sleep. Man... I hate Summer...

2 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

BTW, guys, does your facial hair match your head hair?

I'm blonde, and any facial hair I grow is black

My hair is brown with natural blonde highlights, but my facial hair grows a coppery red color

5 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

That's the most on-the-nose reply in the thread. Any special reasons or...?

i feel like it's gross and inconvenient and doesn't feel particularly pleasant.  i don't really like body hair in general.  it's also a pain to remove and you have to do it constantly.  it's real bad and i dont see any advantages considering im living in the modern world with clothes and insulated buildings, etc

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I actually don't have much of a problem with the pain. Part of me kind of likes it 'cause it's oddly therapeutic. I've actually never heard of electrolysis though. 

electrolysis is the only method of permanent hair removal. laser doesn't remove hair permanently

electrolysis is basically using some electric and heat current to destroy the hair follicle and then plucking it out

it hurts

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

electrolysis is the only method of permanent hair removal. laser doesn't remove hair permanently

electrolysis is basically using some electric and heat current to destroy the hair follicle and then plucking it out

it hurts

BUT it'd only be done once.

Yes, I wish it would grow thicker but body hair is just one of those things that just kind of keeps growing forever and I'm only 22 so no big deal really. I don't shave or manscape my body and never will. Clean shaven is just not a look I like at all with very few exceptions. Same with beards, though I do actually get mine trimmed from time to time and maintain it more.

58 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

nope. hair grows in cycles, so not all of the hair under the skin is out when you treat it

that's why it takes years

I mean the whole treatment itself wouldn't need to be done once completed. In that sense it's only the once. Which is somewhat convenient.

13 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I mean the whole treatment itself wouldn't need to be done once completed. In that sense it's only the once. Which is somewhat convenient.

yeah, just hope it ends soon

at least my underarm hair is pretty much all gone

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

disgusting

It is only a little hair. I doubt anyone would notice, although I am not exactly a person who notices small details like that so maybe I should not speak for everyone.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

it hurts

Sounds like high heels. There is pain behind every element of beauty.

Do you plan to do electrolysis on all your non-head hair?

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I did this for the first two years in New York during the summer before I got an AC. Reminds me of the times when I just gave up walking back and forth to the bathroom and just slept in the bathtub.

I think this was meant for @Rafiel's Aria but dang, the aches and pains in the morning must have been annoying.

Edited by tobuShogi

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I think this was meant for @Rafiel's Aria but dang, the aches and pains in the morning must have been annoying.

It was not too bad. Felt a little sore, but at least it prevented me from dozing off in class. When I did not have class the next day, I just stayed up the whole night instead and slept during the morning when the humidity and heat dropped to bearable levels.

18 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Sometimes I question how girls/women operate with all of that hair. I just can't do it. My head would be too hot for me to function despite my "long hair" being a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of hair that girls/women grow.  

To be fair, most of the time, tying up your hair fixes a lot of the problems associated with heat unless you've got incredibly thick hair. I've got a LOT of hair, but it's pretty thin, so tying it in a ponytail or French braid gets it of of my neck, and it doesn't feel too different from my current pixie cut...except when it bounces around which is super fun! But at the same time, tying up my hair everyday was damaging it pretty badly. 

18 hours ago, XRay said:

Interesting. I never knew there are other types of wax. I wonder if it hurts less.

I'm not sure. I know there are "painless" waxes advertised, but I've never tried them. From what I've seen of beauty guru reviews, they seem to be thinner, so when you apply them, they don't always come off in one go. Which makes it hurt way more. But yeah there are tons of waxes. 

13 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

it hurts

I feel like I need this in my life now. This would make my life considerably easier... 

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I feel like I need this in my life now. This would make my life considerably easier... 

It's expensive and time-consuming. I've used literally thousands of dollars over the course of two years. At least this is mostly done...

Just like my wallet! Ha ha!

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's expensive and time-consuming. I've used literally thousands of dollars over the course of two years. At least this is mostly done...

Just like my wallet! Ha ha!

Ouch. My wallet is sobbing already. But I mean...I'd probably pay thousands of dollars not to have to deal with razor burn. >.>

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ouch. My wallet is sobbing already. But I mean...I'd probably pay thousands of dollars not to have to deal with razor burn. >.>

Yeah, it's definitely worth it. I just have to make sacrifices with my money and not use it on other things that I want. You should definitely look into it. I probably won't do it on my legs at the moment because zapping those hairs would take forever. I never have to shave my underarms anymore, at least :D There are still some hairs from time to time, but it's not that visible.

26 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

One time I tried a homemade wax thing. Burnt myself -_-

Lemon juice and sugar heated to melting point is what I remember.

Ouch. That's like...basically pouring caramel on yourself. I'm not sure how effective that would be...