Do you like your body hair?

XRay

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ouch. That's like...basically pouring caramel on yourself. I'm not sure how effective that would be...

I know plucking isn't good if you want to go for electrolysis. Plucking stimulates hair growth more because the body sends more blood to that area, or something.

I'd imagine waxing would have the same effect if you wanted to get permanent hair removal. Plucking is probably why my facial hair took so long to get rid of...

Also I tried a homemade wax before too and it hurt

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I know plucking isn't good if you want to go for electrolysis. Plucking stimulates hair growth more because the body sends more blood to that area, or something.

I'd imagine waxing would have the same effect if you wanted to get permanent hair removal. Plucking is probably why my facial hair took so long to get rid of...

Also I tried a homemade wax before too and it hurt

Interesting... Now that I definitely didn't know. Maybe that's why my stupid eyebrows are so thick.

The more you know. I'll try to stick to shaving for now...

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Interesting... Now that I definitely didn't know. Maybe that's why my stupid eyebrows are so thick.

The more you know. I'll try to stick to shaving for now...

Yeah, I wish I knew that too. I heard it from multiple electrologists and read on many different articles online. I'm not sure if that applies to eyebrows as much as it does to facial hair, though

I only shave my eyebrows anyway :PPPPPPpPppppPppp

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ouch. That's like...basically pouring caramel on yourself. I'm not sure how effective that would be...

Maybe I forgot some of the ingredients but in hindsight yeah, pretty stupid. I think it included corn flour too?

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's expensive and time-consuming. I've used literally thousands of dollars over the course of two years. At least this is mostly done...

honestly this is one of the worst parts of it.  i would definitely consider just going for some electrolysis (and part of me just wants to blast off everything below the eyes), but the cost and going through the whole process stops me pretty hard.  i guess you have more dedication than me though

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

at least u know what to pour on ur enemies now

I can hear countless people screaming in agony as their flesh is rended from their bodies.

NICE!

8 hours ago, Defeatist Elitist said:

honestly this is one of the worst parts of it.  i would definitely consider just going for some electrolysis (and part of me just wants to blast off everything below the eyes), but the cost and going through the whole process stops me pretty hard.  i guess you have more dedication than me though

no i just hate myself

21 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

One time I tried a homemade wax thing. Burnt myself -_-

Lemon juice and sugar heated to melting point is what I remember.

Whhhyyyyyyyy :huh:

Go to a salon and get it done professionally!!!!! 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:09 PM, Rezzy said:

I am gifted with thick red body hair from my Scottish blood. 

Image result for simpsons willie shirtless

My body hair is unremarkable. I have some annoying, unsightly hair growing out the back of my ears--those are the only ones worth complaining about. 

My facial hair I never really learned how to shape or stylize--I just shave it all off every few days to avoid looking like a hobo. I usually at least have the 5 o'clock shadow look going on, but I try not to let it grow TOO far past stubble length.

When I first started shaving I used electric, but I switched to cream and razor. Works better.

The hair on my head, luckily, takes after my mom's side of the family. Men on my dad's side all go bald, and their hair starts falling out in their mid 20s. On my mom's side it stays forever, but they start going grey really early. 

Full head of hair @ 29 with my first grey hairs already starting to come in. Guy who use to cut it was the same guy who cut my maternal grandfather, and he says we have the same hair. (said grandfather is currently 84 years old with a full head of silver hair)

...So I'll probably be completely grey  by the time I'm 40...

But I'm never going to be a baldy. Huzzah. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

33 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Whhhyyyyyyyy :huh:

Go to a salon and get it done professionally!!!!! 

It's called being broke and having no driver's license. Long story.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

When I first started shaving I used electric, but I switched to cream and razor. Works better.

I am actually the opposite. I got lazy so I rather just run the electric shaver back and forth a few times and be done with it. It is not clean shaven smooth, but I am fine with the stubbles.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I am actually the opposite. I got lazy so I rather just run the electric shaver back and forth a few times and be done with it. It is not clean shaven smooth, but I am fine with the stubbles.

Anytime I shave my face, I occasionally use the stubble to scratch an itch on my chest. It's actually rather efficient.

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

Anytime I shave my face, I occasionally use the stubble to scratch an itch on my chest. It's actually rather efficient.

Me too! I use it to scratch my fore arms when driving or cooking.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Me too! I use it to scratch my fore arms when driving or cooking.

Can't be built-in convenience! The only problem is not being able to scratch your back with it if you need to.

Well... not without superpowers anyway. XD

13 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Full head of hair @ 29 with my first grey hairs already starting to come in.

24 here, but I already have some grey hairs...

Funilly enough people always think I'm much younger than I am. A couple of days ago, I got 17

I don't personally like facial hair (beards/moustaches) on men, but all the other body hair is fine.  Stubble is okay.  My fiance has stubble most of the time, but I think he looks best right after shaving.  :wub:

One of the girls mentioned chin hairs.  I get a few random chin hairs too, and I pluck them when I notice them.  I also bleach my upper lip hair every few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

That's what I intend to use since it seems to be cheapest and clearest way.

I actually used to wax it until my mother had enough of it. Said she couldn't bear doing it, saying it hurt her to see it. I would've never had the guts to take it up and learn it myself. You never know how hard to pull.

I just pluck my whiskers at this point, and shave off the rest. I really hate mustache stubble. I feel like an attempt of an adult when I really just look like a teen. I embrace it.