Could Fateslandia be on the other side of Elibe's Dragon's gate?

Arcphoenix

I had a crazy headcanon the other day and wanted to see what SF thought about it.

Occasionally, I find myself wondering what the other side of the Dragon's Gate looks like. We never actually get to see the other side of it. BUT there is one other location in the series that we know of called the Dragon's Gate: The one in Fateslandia. What if Fates is set in the future on the other side of Elibe's Dragon's Gate. We do know that both Dragons and Humans lived past the Dragon's Gate which matches up with Fates' world. The Dragon's Gate exists in both Elibe and Fateslandia, and Fateslandia - as far as we know - lacks any other ties to other places (save for dimensional travel).

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Thoughts they could add to this? This possibility blew my mind when I thought of it, even if it is just strung together by a few coincidences.

I really wasn't sure which section to put this in, but figured I'd put it here given that there are two distinct Elibean games to pull from vs Fate's three variations.

beyond the dragons gate was arcadia which was a land inhabited only by dragons, the dragon's gate also seemed to be a direct link between elibe and arcadia, in fates it could take you to any number of places not just elibe, it's a pretty flimsy argument at best and if true ruins elibe entirely, fateslandia exists in a vacuum and I think we should keep it that way.

The Dragon's Gate doesn't lead to Arcadia, that's the village in Nabata. It leads to an unnamed realm where there's some humans. It could be Fateslandia if the Elibean dragons migrate there post-Fates, but the thriving dragon civilization Nils describes doesn't mesh well with Fates' backstory, in which there seem to be twelve and only twelve dragons of note throughout the land. I tend to favor the Elibean dragons settling in an otherwise unexplored world, but if it is somewhere we've seen in other games I'd say that the best fit is prehistoric Archanea.

13 minutes ago, Fëanen said:

The Dragon's Gate doesn't lead to Arcadia, that's the village in Nabata. It leads to an unnamed realm where there's some humans. It could be Fateslandia if the Elibean dragons migrate there post-Fates, but the thriving dragon civilization Nils describes doesn't mesh well with Fates' backstory, in which there seem to be twelve and only twelve dragons of note throughout the land. I tend to favor the Elibean dragons settling in an otherwise unexplored world, but if it is somewhere we've seen in other games I'd say that the best fit is prehistoric Archanea.

oh, I guess that goes to show how little I care for the elibe lore, my closing remark still stands, let's not ruin elibe with a fates association.

Personally, I think this thread should go under the "General Fire Emblem" section considering it covers the lore of about 3-5 games (depending on how you count Fates' routes). 

I'm also unsure about the likelihood of the headcanon because it seems that the Elibean humans had parity with the Dragons when that wasn't really the case with Fateslandia, given the god-like powers Anankos has and the other eleven were implied to have. For example, the fact that humans could create reality-warping weapons while at war with most of the dragonkin seems to imply a level of technological advancement that's not present in Fateslandia even by the time of the games. 

interesting head-canon, but i doubt it, mostly due to the burden of proof being on you in this case, but also due to the fact that we never see and ice dragon, a fire dragon, a divine dragon, a demon dragon, etc. in fates, not even one of them. 

eh. not like there's any evidence other than confirmation bias, but whatever. you do you my guy.

The name of the Fates Dragon's Gate is likely an FE7 reference, however, that does mean it connects to the Elibe dimension. It's a reference without lore substance. 

FE7 came out looooooonnnnnggg before Fates, so there is no way FE7 could have been written with FE14 in mind.

And if FE14 was the place on the other side of the Dragon's Gate, then shouldn't the game have dropped some palpable hints this was the case? FE4 makes it pretty clear that its connected to Archanea, and the Whitewings showed up in Gaiden. Why would a game that comes so much later in the history of FE not drop a few very implicit clues?

I think this theory could be interesting. All that's really being suggested is that each game's Dragon's Gate is connected to the other. Fateslandia could be at a point in time WAY before anything we know of the world's history, but at the very least civilized enough to the point where the connections pointed out make sense, or WAY in the future where everything of the past has been forgotten. The point in time doesn't really matter as long as it's not during the events of Fates or its backstory.

It was also mentioned earlier how Fates' Dragon's Gate connected to several different worlds and Elibe's only connected to one. Elibe and Fateslandia are two different worlds and are bound to have different technologies developed, like how Elibe has world-breaking weapons and Fateslandia... not so much, but has a dimension-hopping gate that can lead to many different places.

Say what you will, but those are just my thoughts. There are probably plenty of holes that can be poked, so don't yell at me about it.

I think if the Elibe games were remade, the Dragon's Gate would probably function like the Fates one. So it would allow access to multiple realms and time periods.

But when looking at the current Blazing Blade, there isn't really a lot of evidence for it connecting to Fates. Rather, I think it's more likely that the other realm was Archanea due to the similar dragon species.

Fateslandia's Gate is connected to Archanea, unless Severa and the others used a different method of interdimensional travel. The Awakening DLC also implies all the worlds are connected in some way.

In any case, the world Nils describes is most similar to Archanea when dragons were the dominant species.