Sleep is a waste of time

indigoasis

On 9/8/2018 at 1:46 AM, Captain Karnage said:

It's 8 hours a day I don't have to live with my thoughts. 

Have you actually given them a chance, though? I notice most people seem to think the solution is just to distract themselves...same people that go to bed at night and face existential dread/crisis. That was me, by the way.

Sleep is underrated, by the way. People only recommend 7-8, but that's more of a healthy minimum to me. It's incredible how much of a difference good, quality sleep makes in someone's life:

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

If your point was "some things take time but are necessary" then yes. If it was "foreplay is a waste of time and not needed" then no.

Also how amusing is it that Slumber is posting in a thread about slumbering lol.

I was getting to the former. 

Some things in life that seem like wasted time are actually pretty crucial in actually enjoying life. 

And being such a fan of sleep, I take special interest in it. 

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

If your point was "some things take time but are necessary" then yes. If it was "foreplay is a waste of time and not needed" then no.

Also how amusing is it that Slumber is posting in a thread about slumbering lol.

I think the point was that sleep actually is necessary, or at least as necessary as foreplay. Going without it seems practical and efficient but in truth leads to grouchness, dissatisfaction and chafing.

9 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Sleep is underrated, by the way. People only recommend 7-8, but that's more of a healthy minimum to me. It's incredible how much of a difference good, quality sleep makes in someone's life:

Oversleeping can actually lead to serious mental health problems though..or maybe mental health problems leads to oversleeping. Could be one of those vicious cycles.

Edited by Jotari

11 hours ago, Slumber said:

I was getting to the former. 

Some things in life that seem like wasted time are actually pretty crucial in actually enjoying life. 

And being such a fan of sleep, I take special interest in it. 

I'll be honest

your implication behind that post was so vague that people aren't going to look at it and think "oh, well I guess some time wasting steps are actually important after all" but rather "that man ain't ever getting laid"

2 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

I'll be honest

your implication behind that post was so vague that people aren't going to look at it and think "oh, well I guess some time wasting steps are actually important after all" but rather "that man ain't ever getting laid"

"Thing A that is very obviously important is a waste of time. Thing B that is also pretty obviously important is also a waste of time. Sometimes we need to not think about things and enjoy like."

IDK, the intent seemed pretty clear to me. Unless you think Slumber is under the impression that sleep isn't important. I mean, were all on the same page here. Jokes aside, everyone acknowledges that sleep legitimately important for functioning, right?

Edited by Jotari

I tend not to go to sleep until past midnight, often owing to the blue light me being on this website late at night emits, but I've gotten a little better with it.

Sleep is okay, it gets one peacefully through the darkest hours. But truly, if humanity could do without it with no repercussions, I'd like that.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sleep is okay, it gets one peacefully through the darkest hours.

I'm rather nocturnal and quite antisocial so I actually feel much more relaxed during those hours. Sunlight occasionally hurts and one of my friends' parents joked I'm a vampire.

At least... I hope it was a joke.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

"Thing A that is very obviously important is a waste of time. Thing B that is also pretty obviously important is also a waste of time. Sometimes we need to not think about things and enjoy like."

IDK, the intent seemed pretty clear to me. Unless you think Slumber is under the impression that sleep isn't important. I mean, were all on the same page here. Jokes aside, everyone acknowledges that sleep legitimately important for functioning, right?

I thought so, too, but at least two people got the opposite impression, so I don't know. 

Edited by Slumber

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oversleeping can actually lead to serious mental health problems though..or maybe mental health problems leads to oversleeping. Could be one of those vicious cycles.

Define "oversleep". I consistently sleep 10-11 hours and I'm more happy than most people. Being happy for "no reason" feels good; people should try it.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm not questioning the logic they're getting at (at least it seems like you think I am, otherwise you probably wouldn't have tried explaining it to me), I'm saying that the first post lacked so much context that it's stupid easy to misinterpret until Slumber explained himself. I found it funny

but apparently you got it straight away, so congrats!!

7 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Define "oversleep". I consistently sleep 10-11 hours and I'm more happy than most people. Being happy for "no reason" feels good; people should try it.

7 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I slept 16 hours. :[

If that's truly the case, then I legitimately think you should see a doctor. Because even if you're not suffering from depression, there's a whole host of other, serious, problemsersleeping can result in. Not saying you definitely do have a problem, but still, see a Doctor to make sure. It's also help you with your inability to get laid if you can but an extra four hours or so of effort on that front 

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/physical-side-effects-oversleeping

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Can someone express a sentiment that shows when people can't read the subtext?

you're turning into a meme.

and on topic, I like my sleep. I can sometimes control my actions in my dreams and occasionally write down stuff that I've dreamt of.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, Junkhead said:

I'm having trouble taking that word seriously considering people use to replace half their vocabulary.

Can we start a petition to make saying "meme" illegal if it's out of context?

2 hours ago, indigospace said:

Can we start a petition to make saying "meme" illegal if it's out of context?

You know that feeling when Charles Xavier told Magneto he wasn't alone in X-men: First Class? I'm Magneto.