What Arena Crowns can be used for?

Jingle Jangle

With the newest update, there is another item added to the game Arena Crowns. I wonder in the future what will be the purpose of this one? Considering that potentially is going to be the rarest collectibles in the game.  For me I'm unsure for the purpose of them, since a minority of players can have gain them. But it must be something grand for the amount of effort put in.

55 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It would be cool if you could exchange them for Arena medals (1:1).

it's like exchanging dirt from your backyard for dirt from "Roswell", nothing is achieved, you still have dirt.

Let's ignore the obvious mutant tomatoes and cancer from roswell dirt.

It's bragging rights, nothing more. That's why they can accumulate, so those people can brag about being Tier 21 every week since its inception

Well, they get an extra orb. That's something, right?

Even though most people that reach that status are probably whales so it doesn't even matter.

Seriously though, if it doesn't reward you then all that effort to be at the top is pointless, but if it does reward you, then it's only benefiting players at the very top which is a big middle finger to casuals (ergo, 90% of the playerbase). There's no winning here. They really should have just not bothered.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Well, they get an extra orb. That's something, right?

Even though most people that reach that status are probably whales so it doesn't even matter.

Seriously though, if it doesn't reward you then all that effort to be at the top is pointless, but if it does reward you, then it's only benefiting players at the very top which is a big middle finger to casuals (ergo, 90% of the playerbase). There's no winning here. They really should have just not bothered.

people seem to forget that this change is freeing up alot of slots in T20... and therefor in T19 and therefor in T18...

7 minutes ago, Usana said:

They should be an accessory that you can put on your heroes heads. That will be extra bragging.

I like this idea have it so you can use them for special hats.  That way people get something for them but people like me who aren't whales don't miss out on much.

I don't think the crowns are going to be for anything other than aesthetics/bragging rights. I don't know much about mobile games and business/whatnot, but introducing a valuable resource that only a very small percentage already at the top can obtain doesn't seem like it would earn the game any money. The folks capable of getting the rewards are already spending money on the game and probably have their +10 armors all ready to go. There's the percentage of people who are borderline between tier 20 and tier 21 that might be encouraged to spend more, but that still doesn't seem like it'd be super profitable. If the crowns did provide "benefits," I honestly think it would upset players more than encourage them to spend to get to the top.

All other resources in the game are attainable through other means even if they're in a smaller quantity. Blessings were pretty exclusive when first introduced since you could really only get them through summoning, but now, we get a free one every week and another free one every time there's a LHB. Folks who summon exclusively for legendary heroes will obviously have more, but if you're actively working to get those resources...you probably deserve them. And they're even bringing back the old TT characters now, so while those resources are limited, they're not SUPER exclusive anymore.

I honestly think tier 21 was introduced to try and clean out some of the crowding in the other tiers.