About the FE Characters...

DMan64

If you wanted to see another FE Rep, how would you want to see one?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on FE reps down the line?

• Yes, doesn't matter who or when.
    • Yes, just don't use a sword.
    • Yes, just DLC down the line.
    • Yes, but has to not use a sword, and should be DLC.
    • Undecided.
    • No, not until next game.
    • No more FE reps, if anything take some away/replace them.
    • Assist Trophies and items will do good from here on out.
    • Maybe as an Echo Fighter

8 hours ago, DMan64 said:

Yeah, like I said, these aren't necessarily characters that I want, nor would that be how I would want them, especially in regards to Hector.  I just feel like it is a possibility to be taken into account.  I definitely feel Hector should be more unique if he gets in somehow, but I do think people are using the fact that he uses an ax to meaning he would definitely play different than the others, when he could just as easily be made into Ike with an ax (again, not something I would want for him, as if that were to happen, I'd rather not have him, but I could see it happening).

To clear things up, I'm not angry at your suggestion or your idea. I'm more angry with Sakurai's track record with Fire Emblem. It's pretty spotty even with Chrom's Final Smash being accurate to the source material.

And your Kana idea does make sense now that you put it out there, so I can't see why they can't be echoes anymore.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zangetsu  I understand your sentiments.  At the same time, I can't say I can't be mad at Sakurai.  I feel that Sakurai wants to deviate away from Sword users, given the reason Robin was chosen over Chrom initially was because he was more unique; the only reason Lucina got in was essentially just a happy accident.  Heck, even though Sakurai was initially hesitant on including Corrin, he allowed the character to be in the game due to her unique dragon abilities.  So, not only does he have to chose a character important to their respective game in some form, but he has to make them unique.  Even with Roy coming back in Smash 4, he went out of his way to try and make him stand out from Marth, redefining his play style around his hilt mechanic.  Now, I'd much rather have characters be chosen based on weapon variety, for sure, but again, if they aren't that important to the game, chances are they won't be in the game, and unfortunately, most main FE characters, use swords.  That's why I'm really holding out hope for Edelgard as DLC, because not only is she an ax wielding magic user, but she is a main character in an upcoming major release who has already proven to be quite popular with a good amount of people.

If this roster were to get a complete revamp in a future game, or DLC down the line, I think Sakurai would do his best to get away from sword-users as much as possible given his track-record with recent FE newcomers (with the exception of Echo Fighters).

@DMan64

For all my anger & frustration to Sakurai & his team, my excitement far exceeds my  complaints. If I'm being frank, I still think Sakurai & his team are only human. Over 70 characters & the vast majority of them are quite faithful to their depiction, so it's not that surprising that someone got the short end of the stick. It's just annoying that it happens to be my favorite character.

I wish I can be more open minded about Edelgard's inclusion especially since that's I what did with Corrin, but I just can't when there are other lords that should have just as much right as she does.