Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

20 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I used Pheonixmaster1's guide for Marth's Abyssal map, and I substituted my Elise for Veronica because I haven't gotten around to pulling her yet.

I've tried similar for Grima Robin's Abyssal map, but my setup didn't work, as like I said, the AI kept behaving differently.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've tried similar for Grima Robin's Abyssal map, but my setup didn't work, as like I said, the AI kept behaving differently.

That's why you need to figure out why they do that so you can make adjustment to your units or adjust the strategy to make it work.

Sometimes just putting a Stat +1/2/3 seal on a character will fix things.

And like I said, there are people who will try to help you as much as they can.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, armor mages do not have reliable enough mobility to make the cut in a regular Player Phase team. I guess you can still make Dance/Sing-Reposition work by running Armor March on the other armor unit and have it tag along, but that makes the formation more complicated and unwieldy, and I am not sure that will work on more cramped maps.

A regular nuke does not have that problem and they can use Dance/Sing-Reposition in a more efficient manner.

I literally never use Dance-Reposition because I rarely run dancers at all in competitive and challenge maps and do perfectly fine with my player-phase teams. Only my melee flier Arena Assault team (Palla, Cordelia, Minerva, and New Year Azura) has a dancer on it.

I'd rather have four competent units (or three competent units and anyone with a staff) than three competent units and a dancer. Azura is actually only there because I don't have another built competent melee flier that isn't already on another team or fully redundant with an existing member (i.e. isn't blue).

Otherwise, there is pretty much no difference between a player-phase armor team and a dancerless player-phase infantry team.

And if anyone has any qualms about a player-phase infantry team these days with no dancer, I had pretty much zero trouble doing all of the Voting Gauntlet Arena mission runs with my infantry Lyn team (Lyn, Legendary Lucina, Legendary Lyn, Bride Lyn) in the 730+ range (divided by 2 because no bonus unit) that runs only 1 and a half functional C skills (Legendary Lyn's Spd Tactic doesn't work on this team and Bride Lyn's C slot was empty).

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

That's why you need to figure out why they do that so you can make adjustment to your units or adjust the strategy to make it work.

Sometimes just putting a Stat +1/2/3 seal on a character will fix things.

And like I said, there are people who will try to help you as much as they can.

I tried that too, but it just fucked with the AI in a different way instead.

29 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This past Arena cycle was the easiest for me since the Arena change. Ephraim was able to bait and kill (or initiate if needed) every single enemy with ease. And that was with no merges or Armor Ward stacking. Just Atk, Def, and Res Tactics support.

Tactics support is equivalent to 1.5 stacks of Ward Armor.

And if you score high enough, all you are going to face are fellow armor units posing little to no threat. Score low enough and you will face ranged ponies and Firesweep nukes that will have a much easier time ruining your win streak. I highly doubt AOTB!Ephraim can do the same if he is constantly facing Firesweep nukes.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

730+ range

That is not a range where units built with performance or obnoxiousness resides. Ayras and dragons are a joke compared to Reinhardt and Firesweep ponies. Even at my range in 720-730, lots of units run SP maximizing builds and hardly pose any challenge remotely resembling last year's pony teams.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is not a range where units built with performance or obnoxiousness resides. Ayras and dragons are a joke compared to Reinhardt and Firesweep ponies. Even at my range in 720-730, lots of units run SP maximizing builds and hardly pose any challenge remotely resembling last year's pony teams.

That is close enough to the Tier 19.5 range, though, which Gamepedia is currently putting at 714-724, and I honestly don't see any real chance of performance or obnoxiousness giving my team trouble. Pretty much everything that falls under obnoxiousness is a ranged attacker, and that happens to be Legendary Lyn's specialty (I'll admit she's not really a player-phase unit, but having someone who can reliably bait ranged is a good thing to have on any team). Even eating hits from Veronica isn't a problem (though that might partly be because Lucina can shrug off debuffs with Future Vision).

Actually, I think the only thing that gave me any trouble was Brave Hector, who I was pretty much forced to cheese to death with Candlelight. Cavalry and infantry were just sitting ducks because they don't have enough bulk, and red and green armors drop dead to Lucina and Lyn, respectively.

19 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, that reminds me

When I was looking at the leaderboard for team Ike on Saturday (yes, that was several days ago, I know) the number 10 ranked person had an Eirika lead and was named "VALTER NO". Number 11 person had a Valter lead and was named "VALTER YES".

That made me laugh and I had to take a screenshot.

The real question, late though it is, is will you share the screenshot?

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, we lost?

Congratulations to Ephraims team. 

Yeah, RIP. Thanks for the FC, though, I got you a couple times and yo boi performed beautifully. Incidentally, I managed to forget to add @Garlyle, are you still fine if I add you or are you one of those guys who purges their Friend List after every Gauntlet?

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

The real question, late though it is, is will you share the screenshot?

Yeah, RIP. Thanks for the FC, though, I got you a couple times and yo boi performed beautifully. Incidentally, I managed to forget to add @Garlyle, are you still fine if I add you or are you one of those guys who purges their Friend List after every Gauntlet?

Feel free, half my friendlist capacity is still empty.