If Guinevere was a playable character, who would she support with?

Jotari

So I'm making a hack that puts Guinevere into Sword of Seals. Well, she's already in the game, but you have to beat the game nine freaking times before you can use her on trial maps, so screw that noise. But because of that, slotting her in as a playable character is rather easy. The only question I have left are who she should support with. Miledy is the most obvious one, but who else do you think her character would work well bouncing off? And what do you think would be good topics to talk about? I think at least one character should hold some resentment towards her for the actions of her brother.

Not sure if the fan projects forum is better than here for this particular thread. I definitely am making this with a project in mind, but I figure people might like to discuss the idea more in general too.

Roy, Miledy, Zeiss, and Elen are obvious possibilities.  

For less obvious ones... maybe Cecilia?  She spent quite a bit of time with her while Roy was serving as Etruria's errand boy Western Isles.  

Percival might be a choice, person who was initially unsure about turning on his king and someone who put the right thingTM ahead of her brother's ideas.  

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Roy, Miledy, Zeiss, and Elen are obvious possibilities.  

For less obvious ones... maybe Cecilia?  She spent quite a bit of time with her while Roy was serving as Etruria's errand boy Western Isles.  

Percival might be a choice, person who was initially unsure about turning on his king and someone who put the right thingTM ahead of her brother's ideas.  

The problem with Roy (and Lilina) is that his support pool is already at the maximum capacity for the game. So he'd need to overwrite an existing support to get a new one. 

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The problem with Roy (and Lilina) is that his support pool is already at the maximum capacity for the game. So he'd need to overwrite an existing support to get a new one. 

Well, nobody seems to like Roy/Larum... Right.  I suppose their friendship can be left to the main plot, expanding it could make said plot less barebones, I suppose.  

12 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Zephiel that killed Lilina's father

I'm playing through Binding Blade rn and I don't think that happened - he died of wounds sustained in battle with Narshen and Brunya, and was put in a castle dungeon for a while so he didn't get medical attention.

But as for the topic itself: I feel like there should be an "unexpected" character she supports with, someone who she wouldn't otherwise interact with if she weren't in the Lycian Alliance, so someone like Gonzales or Sue would be my pick. Otherwise, she should obviously support Elen and Mileday, and probably Zeiss as well. Don't know if there are any other Bernese playables in FE6.

If you want a suggestion, then you could include any of Marcus/Bartre/Karel, and insert Blazing Sword references. If you want to go that route. I would've included Merlinus, but he has no supports, and can't be added to him, if I recall. Could be wrong on that one, perhaps.

1 hour ago, Alistair said:

But as for the topic itself: I feel like there should be an "unexpected" character she supports with, someone who she wouldn't otherwise interact with if she weren't in the Lycian Alliance, so someone like Gonzales or Sue would be my pick. Otherwise, she should obviously support Elen and Mileday, and probably Zeiss as well. Don't know if there are any other Bernese playables in FE6.

Rutger is half-Bernese, he could be the "random" option, since he's the only one of the bunch without some sort of connection to her.

Or, if it's not random enough, then... Saul, for the sheer absurdness of the idea?

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rutger would be an interesting option. Rutger has sworn revenge on Bern, and him confronting the Bernese princess would herald interesting results and let us see deeper into how Guinevere deals with those who rightfully hate Bern, and how Rutger can learn to fight besides the Bernese princess.

• 1 month later...

It would be intresting to see her Support with Rutger. He would hate her at first and blame her for what happend to his tribe, but he would eventually see that not all the people of Bern are as cold hearted as Zephiel.