Fire emblem 8 ~ GBA Legion 1.01

Jayko04

First of all, sorry for my bad english ( I'm a French little boy, meh)

I've made this hack during the last year, I made it as a crossover between the three GBA games.
Like the last hack I've done (FE7 gba armyr), I've planned a story too but due to lack of motivation and some language issues, I've decide to don't touch any bit of the story (you will find some … strange dialogue..)

The way I see this hack is that it is a "Complete" hack for me. A few things will be patch for sure, but for me the more important things are done and will not be change.

This is what this hack is about:
*3/4 of original cast changes into other GBA FE characters. (The cast is quite... strange..)
*Growth, base and max stats of all classes and characters have changed.
*Changed bosses/enemies places.
*Added a few more bosses and a lot of enemies. (Even if the map are the same as the original games, you will find a few twist which will change the gameplay of it)
*More characters than before. (Try to make them more balance than in my FE7 hack)
*Edited Items and added a few new weapons. (All weapons, exept staff, have a brand new S weapon.)
*Fully complete Eirika Story mode. (Ephraim is up to chapter 13 or 14, but don't try it, nothing interesting)
*The difficulty is higher than the normal game. A good challenge on normal mode, but nothing like Thracia 777 anything like that. You still have access to the Tower for leveling your units if needed.  You can play savestates free. (At least on normal mode, didn't fully test hard mode yet, but I am 99% that it work and its not impossible)

*I have import some class from other FE.
*Changed a few icons made by me or by the Internet. (Thank you very much again Lord Glenn for your amazing ressources)

And now here is what i didn't implement in the Hack:
*Custom story (Like I said before, i planed a big story but im keeping it for something else)

*Custom map.
*Custom event (The bonus character come like in my other hack… what I mean by that is that they come automaticly, no text or anything so they will welcome you in silence.)

*Custom Music (Still have some difficulty for it right now, but i am learning..)

Last version : 1.1

Spoiler

Version:

-----
*Move Scott from the Castle Gate, making him more easy to touch and deal damage to.
*Notify you that the Ephraim route don't work.
*Making Chapter 9 more easy to rescue town before the pirate destroy them in Hard Mode. (Almost all of them attack you instead)
*Fixed enemy monster in the tower/temple having no weapon. (Think its 100% solved but not sure)

-----
*Change map of Chapter 10 slighly, making more easy to save Tethys and Dieck. Also move where
Uther appear. Also fix the not moving enemy.
*Make boss of Chapter 11 slighty easer and the one of chapter 12 slighty harder.
*Change description on few classes and items.
*Changes some ennemies starting place.

-----
*Fix Master bow battle animation bug.
*Brunya do not move anymore.
*Move Boss of chapter 19 to be slighty more easy to target. Also make the Miurge in a chest instead of in a
enemy, in case a NPC decide to kill the enemy.
*Change some description.
*Buff Morva.
*Nerf Mansel, making him less like a immortal god.
*First big change on character stats & growth.

111.png.9f2f5faced5c34448893021dd8e32f3a.png

I didn't have try more than the first 6 chapter in hard mode. From my experience it was quite difficult (Was doing a IronMan run till chapter 6, where I screw everythings up.. :'(  )

But I am pretty sure you can full play it on hard mode, even without save states.

I will male a few patch in a very near futur to remove some bug and still making the gameplay experience better.
I am already on my way to make something more complex and a more full hack right now(with at least some minimum story edit). But I am sharing this to let me know of what you think of it on the gameplay side and some good/bad things and idea I've put on this little patch.

Thanks for your constructive critics and have fun!

Fe8 Tacos 1.1.ups

Edited by Jayko04
add info and change the patch

I'll give it a try, why not?

1 hour ago, Kubson said:

Looks nice, but for some reason I can't patch my rom. What version of rom should you use? My fe8 (australia, usa) rom can't be patched

If you're using NUPS, hit Ignore when patching, and it'll force the patch onto the rom.

2 hours ago, Natsumi~chan said:

I'll give it a try, why not?

If you're using NUPS, hit Ignore when patching, and it'll force the patch onto the rom.

It works thanks a lot!

And as for the hack, aside from the dialouge it's pretty fucking cool, love the idea of getting units from other FE GBA games and the levels are pretty fun so far!

In the last version ( 1.1 ) I've decide to buff some character, here are the note:

Spoiler

##########
-Marcus receive few growth rate buff make him more useful in endgame.
-Karla receive +1base strenght to make her sligthly compensate her low strenght issue.
-Ellen receive +1base speed and slightly increase her hp and def growth.
-Lilina receive +1base con.
-Glen receive almost all stats at least +1 base (and a +2 in luck). I really feel his stats were crap and even
with his good growth he can't really do a decent job due to his late join.
-Gonzales receive +1base skill and luck.
-Fiora receive +1base def and +5% def growth.
-Matthew receive +1base speed and def.
-Selena receive few growth rate buff to make her more usefull.
-Uther growth are way different now, making him look like less of a slighty inferior version of Fado.
He have better growth in skill,speed,res and luck then before and a -5% in hp, str and def.
-Binks receive a lot of growth bonus (+10% in skill, +5% in hp,str,speed and luck)