Wait. The map in the trailer.....

Agnar

So, I first posted this on a thread seconds after e3, but I thought I'd make a proper post here. I photoshopped the map of three houses in the trailer, and the map of the tellius games together for comparison, and well well well. Don't they look similar, huh? In the three houses trailer, the blue country is right where crimea is, the yellow is where daein is, and the red is where begnion is. The only thing missing are the laguz. Also, it shows a continent next to the main one. This baffled me for a while, until I realized...... In the tellius games, they spoke of a flood that supposedly wiped out every continent except tellius. Meaning, that'd explain why there is a continent next to the main one in the three houses trailer. I highly think this is a prequel to the tellius games! And if so, I'm so so so so hyped for it!! My elderly mother watched me play path of radiance and radiant dawn years ago, and when I showed her the trailer for three houses, her first response was: "Where are the animal countries?"

Anyways, I want to know what you guys think. What are your thoughts about all this? Do you agree, or disagree? And if so, why is that? 

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.png

There's a missing peninsula, the mountains are in the wrong place, and there's another island off to the northwest in Three Houses.

IMO it's closer to Silesia, but even that's a hell of a stretch.  I'd wait for more info.

this is kind of an old topic but either way, not an unreasonable comparison, one could make the argument that a few earthquakes and some receding oceans could change the landmass enough to get this result, it's a stretch either way but a fun bit of speculation, the change in islands could be explained by oceans changing, and if you want to go for the theory that 3H takes place in tellius (much later though) ashunera would have probably returned by then and undone the flood.

again, not without flaws, but not wholly unreasonable, just mostly, hard to say though, I think the best angle to look at it from is "what would IS do", does anyone think IS is willing to set a game in tellius, personally, I doubt it, I just don't think IS cares about tellius much these days.

Well it's no more a stretch than sayin Ylisse and Magvel are the same but I doubt IS feel like throwing Tellius back at us, I mean if it were to be canonically linked with somewhere it's probably awakening or fates because more people have played that game, but tha map actually resembles Elibe more than Tellius in my opinion but that could just be angles and stuff

This seems like the Mysterious Island topic in the DS Fire Emblem section.

I can see the similarities to both Tellius and to Silesia as well as the differences. But one can argue in favor or not doesn't mean they are not the same. First, do we know when Three Houses happens in the FE Timeline? If Genealogy and Thracia are the first in the timeline, then it can be argued that some time after FE 4 & 5, the landmass shattered into the different lands that we've seen through out the series. Much how Akaneia and Valentia would become Ylisse and Valm in Awakening, it can be said that the Kingdom of Silesia becomes Fódlan and eventully becomes Tellius. If that is the case then if we look at the map of Jugdral, a case can be made that Miletos would become Magvel and Fates would take place in the regions once known as Isaac and the Yied Desert. Grandbell would become Elibe and Agustria and Verdane become Akaneia and Valentia.

However, there is no hard facts so there isn't a reason to jump to a theory and praise it as fact. It's quiet possible that Fódlan and Tellius are the same lands, just hundreds or even thousands of years apart. There is just no way of knowing at this moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe? Could be interesting to go that route, and would make sense to tie back to Tellius with FE making its return to home consoles and all.

It looks a bit rough of a comparison though, there is a similarity there but a lot missing and different for it to be the exact same. Of course I think Awakening and SD's maps were slightly different as well? And its not like changing maps and retconning some things is out of the picture when digging up old games lore and all that years later.

Itll be a wait and see situation either way. Im thinking this will be its own thing, but it would be interesting for there to be some loose ties to Tellius.

• 2 months later...

If you look at all the names on the map, Three Houses focuses heavily on Celtic folklore. If you go from there, you could easily deduce if the continent is something we've seen before, or completely new. Are there any other games that have used tons of Celtic names?

The country of Leicester (where Claude is from) even has several references to King Lear - two cities are named after his daughters, one after the Earl of Gloucester, another after Gloucester's son Edmund, and according to folklore King Lear even founded the city of Leicester. Coincidence? I think not. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/76778904 (I'm the TC of that thread.)

Edited by Beldarius