SF's "Write Your Butt Off" II - Return of Writer's Block

Rapier

SF's Write Your Butt Off! II Votals  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which submission will you vote for?

• "The Heart of Dedication"
    • "The Strength Within"
    • "Simply a Hunter"
    • "One More Time"
    • "Perfected"
    • "No One Is Iredeemable"
    • "Going Forward"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2019 at 10:00 PM

58 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah. It wasn't until just after the deadline past I thought of having Master Goodness enact his first idea and hurl a desk at the glass.

It wouldn't have changed anything, I'd end on the same cop out, but it would have been kinda funny when the attack just plooped off the window.

I'm guessing it was not particularly superb enough to steal the Jotari vote royale?

My lips are sealed.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Major issue with this one is that it's just one scene from a larger story. Now that's not necessarily a problem in itself, the issue is that it feels like a larger piece of a different story. The notes you have before the story are basically required to have any sort of grasp as to what's going on 

@SoulWeaver There was something about your story that bugged me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I think Jotari identified it here. Thats my biggest gripe too. 

Don't think I necessarily agree with some of the other criticism's you've gotten about the dialogue. (Though I'm generally hesitant to criticize the way people write dialogue unless its dialogue of characters I'm familiar with + have some baseline understanding of how they're supposed to act. Or unless there's something just mechanically wrong with the basic writing itself)  

As for your concerns of crossing into M-rated territory: definitely don't think that was a problem here, and if you really wanted to you could have pushed the envelope alot further.

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Excellent work here. A subversion of the prompt that also plays it completely straight all the while working off a foundation that had already been built in the canon. No real criticism to speak of here, it was generally great. Unless the last two stories happen to be particularly superb, this one will get my vote.

Not crazy about the title though.

"Subversion of the prompt"--interesting choice of wording, but I think I know what you mean, and yeah. Thats what I was going for.

The title was meant to be a play on that "subversion of the prompt" effect,  riffing off of the "Nobody is perfect" part of Chloey's quote.

Not overly crazy about it myself--but w/e--its what I came up with.

@Emperor_Siegfried 

I think you just got dicked over this round for going with an unfamiliar fandom. 

Like seriously--if you had written a piece to the level of quality you just displayed and it had been a FE fic, you'd probably be leading the pack right now. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Hmmm pushing the envelope that’s probably something I should’ve done to really get my point across. cause as it stands, I don’t think the idea I was trying to convey was as clear as I thought it was. Seems my indecisiveness really did get the better of me this time

Edited by Ottservia

Two days? I thought the round would end today. I wish we could move on and have another theme already.

Also, sure, if no one else manifests, I'm fine with Anonymous keeping up the tradition and hosting in my stead.

Anyway, I think I liked Anacybele's prompt the most, despite dragging a bit near the end and having a few strange character reactions. It'd be nice if it also showed Morgan being more confident and fending off for himself.

Shoblongoo's is simple but I like how the lesson goes back and forth like a boomerang hitting the characters' heads. I'm not entirely sure how it fits in the final scene, though.

EmperorSiegfried's would've been better if it didn't rely so much on in-universe information that others wouldn't know.

SoulWeaver's relies on a separate eight line paragraph info dump to work, and it didn't really seem belieavable that the main conflict was around how a character felt for... having premarital sex. It also relies a lot on past events that it handwaves as the story progresses. Overall, my impression was that it's very wordy while managing to tell very little, but Master Bedroom is my favorite character.

I guess I'll be taking over, then.

Before we get the next prompt and start the next thread, let's talk about what that they thread will be.

Do we want any rule changes?

I am overall satisfied with the current rules, but I would consider loosening or removing Rule 8. Considering the point of the contest is ostensibly to practice and become better, it might be best if we are receiving advice for as long as possible. Also, while our ending judgement do give input on a whole story, it's not as good at getting small things or bits of prose, since not everyone goes over the stories word-by-word. More discussion on those sorts of things would happen this way.

I might add some disclaimer to Rule 3, such that it's really a guideline for wordcount. There aren't many 500 word stories but if someone thinks that's the best format for theirs, well...I don't know.

Those are just my ideas I'm putting forth, though, I'd appreciate some input on them.

Here's the voting site Dragoncat found earlier:

https://rankit.vote/

Here's this week's voting put into the website, so y'all can play around with it and figure out what you think:

https://rcv-app.firebaseapp.com/poll/-L_K-UBfI7KjTNeKp4G9/ballot

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I agree on rule 8, and I admit to have broken it once when I was showing parts of the entry to Ana and she helped me with some characterization I guess.

I agree with rule 8 though I will say keep the advice vague or at the very least simple.

Edit: speaking of feedback, I did some editing to my entry. Now obviously it doesn't count now but if anyone wants to give it a read.

Spoiler

“Now just apply the whetstone to the blade at an angle and then…” A clunk of metal rang into the air as the sword snapped in two. “Gah! Not again! That’s the fifth one that broke!” Severa tossed the broken sword to the side, “Nothing EVER goes right for me!”

A hefty sigh heaved from her lungs. It’s okay just try again. Maybe she held it at the wrong angle or perhaps she applied too much force. One more time just gotta try once more. She looked back at the shelf of swords. She counted six. Six swords left to sharpen. Six more attempts to succeed. Six more chances of failure. She grabbed a sword and laid it down in front of her. She took the whetstone and once again began to try and sharpen. Okay so keep the whetstone at a thirty-degree angle and…

Another clunk scattered to the air as the sword once again snapped in two.

Ugh not again! Stupid swords must be defective or something. She tossed the sword to the side. It’s ok just try again, just try again once more. She grabbed another sword. This time she’ll try going slower. She swiped the whetstone. A small smile crept on her face. It didn’t break. Another swipe and another clunk of metal. She frowned. She tossed the now broken sword to the side and grabbed the third one.

She had to keep trying at least one more time. She placed it on the stone table and swiped at a different angle. Three swipes and once again the two halves of the sword clamor to the ground. She scowled at the sword as she catapulted the now useless weapon across the room.

She had to try one more time.

Another sword, another couple swipes, and another clunk of metal.

One more time.

Severa grabbed another sword. Ever so steadily, she placed the whetstone against the edge of the blade. Two swipes. It didn’t break. She could do this. A third swipe. The sword remained intact. Was this it? Was this the one sword that wasn’t going to break?! With renewed confidence, she went for a fourth swipe. Her smile warped into a glare as the sword unsurprisingly snapped in two. Once again she picked up the broken weapon and tossed it to the side. What the hell was she doing wrong?! She was doing it exactly as she was taught, so then why? Why does she keep failing?! She SHOULDN’T have THIS much trouble just sharpening some stupid swords!!

Oh wow, the great Cordelia’s daughter can’t even sharpen a simple sword!? Who would’ve thought her daughter would be so inept at simple chores? Are you okay? If she can’t do this, then for sure she’ll never be anywhere near the gifted warrior her mother is.

Those words flooded her mind and began to strangle her chest. “Gods just shut up!!” She cried out to no one in particular. A few ragged breaths puffed swiftly from her mouth. She looked back at the shelf of worn down swords. There was just one sword left. She grabbed the sword and held it in front of her. Her reflection seemed to glimmer off the dull blade.

The blade was old rusty and looked as if it could break at the slightest touch. How many battles this weapon has seen. How many times it nearly almost broke in two but still remained in one piece to be swung just one more time. As beaten up as it looked, the blade could still be used. However even this blade has its limits. Who's to say that this will this blade’s final swing? Maybe it’ll just break like all the rest.

Perhaps she should just stop and give up. She could go do some other task that she felt confident she could do. Who was she kidding? She’s already tried everything else and every time it ended in disaster. Dinner was just a smoldering pile of black sludge because she accidentally spilled oil in the fire. Stahl couldn’t fight in the next battle because her hand slipped with an ax. This was all she could at the moment and besides…

She’ll never be as gifted as her mother.

She had to prove them wrong. She had to prove that SHE could do this. She laid the sword out in front of her. She grabbed her whetstone and slathered it in oil. Okay, she could do this. Apply the whetstone to the blade at a thirty-degree angle. Then slowly and steadily swipe it against the edge of the blade. To her relief, the sword remained intact. She could do this now one more time. Another swipe and still intact. One more time. Another swipe and again the sword remained in one piece. A smile curved on her face. She could do this. She continued and after several more swipes, the sword stayed intact. This was it! The only sword that wouldn’t break! She just needed to swipe it one more time and then she’ll be done! One more time. One more time! Severa swiped the whetstone one last time and just like the now broken blade, her heart snapped in two.

Tears welled in her eyes as the whetstone she was using slammed into the floor. Low whimpers began to escape her mouth as her hands covered her face. She was worthless. She couldn’t do anything right. The army would just be better off without her. Who needs just an inferior copy of something they already have?! Perhaps she should just stop breathing and be done with it. She glanced down at the dull rusty blade on the floor. Its jagged edge gleamed into her tear stained eyes. As dull as it was, it may still be sharp enough to…

She grabbed the blade. She felt the cold rusty steel press against her neck. She closed her eyes. One more time. One last breath…

A bright red liquid trickled from her throat.

“Severa? Is everything alright?” The blade stopped as she heard her father’s voice “Oh my what happened in here?” He said as he noticed all the broken sword pieces scattered across the floor.

Severa just sat there in silence. Her bangs draped over her eyes.

He picked up a couple pieces and inspected them, “Geez what a mess and the edges on them are so dull as if an amateur sharpened them”

And just like that, A knife was sent drilling through the white-haired girl’s chest.

He placed a hand on his daughter’s shoulder, “Did you do this?” He asked.

She glanced up at her father and instantly the knife slashed deeper into her heart. The seemingly disappointed look on his face seemed to tighten around her chest and suffocate her lungs. She knew that look all too well. The furrowed brow, the straightened lips, and the narrowed eyes all screamed at her.

She’ll never be the warrior mother was! Are you okay? How could she be the daughter of Cordelia! Her mother never seemed to fail at such simple things! I’m just fine. No problem. Cordelia could do this blindfolded but her daughter can barely do it even with assistance! I’ll just try again I wonder if she’s even trying! Please let me just try again just one more time. Man she’s such a disappointment!

Shemothernotryingonefailurecordelia

Stop! Go away! Shut up! J-Just....

JUST SHUT UP!!!” She cried out as more tears began to pool in her eyes. “It’s not my fault they’re defective!!

“Severa…” Her father began to take a step back.

The young mercenary slapped her father’s hand away. “I’m sorry okay! I’m sorry I’m not perfect like mother! I’m sorry I’m SO STUPID!!” She shot her tear stained face up at him, “I get it I’m useless! You should just drown me in a sack!

“Severa I think you’re overreact…”

I burn everything I try to cook! I just about beheaded a horse while chopping wood! I’m no help to anyone!! I’m just a bunch of lame deadweight!!” Her voice seemed to break as she continued to shout.

I’m nothing but a pale imitation of mother! Everyone thinks so!! Especially you!” She pointed a finger in his face, “You must be so disappointed in your oldest daughter for not being able to do such a simple task!” Quick ragged breaths squeezed through her clenched teeth.

For a moment, her father stood still in utter silence.

“Well?” She looked at him expectantly, “ if you have something to say, then say it!”

“I’m not disappointed, Severa” He finally said, “I couldn’t be happier that you came back to us”

Severa raised a furrowed eyebrow, “Are you mocking me?! All my life every time I’ve messed up, people have ALWAYS compared me to mother!” She pointed at him once again, “and you’re closer to her than anyone! I KNOW you think I don’t measure up!” Once again her voice breaks.

Once again a loud silence washed over the room. Her father looked down as his white hair brushed through the light breeze whistling through the air. She should’ve known. Everything she said was right. No wonder he’s silent. She made a quick glance down to the dull crimson stained blade in her hand.

She took a deep breath, “whatever it’s fine” the words came out light without meaning. “I’m used to it by now…I’ll just…” She hesitated, unsure of what to say. She gripped the blade in her hands as the cut on her throat began to nag at her. “Do something about it like always...just give me some time, you’ll see…”

“Severa” A single tear rolled down his face as he suddenly wrapped his arms around her.

“Hey what are you-”

“You’re your own woman, Severa. I would never compare you to anyone” He said as he brought her closer into the embrace. “You’re my daughter and treasure and I know your mother feels the same”

“Wha..”

“I love you, honey, and I am behind you no matter what happens. No one is perfect… everyone makes mistakes...so don’t be so hard on yourself with all this talk about being disappointed! It makes me feel like I’ve failed you as a father!”

“D-daddy I…”The pit in her chest began to lift as a torrent of tears began to flood from her eyes. “I’m sorry...I…” She wrapped her arms around him.

“Don’t cry. You must be so exhausted after all you’ve been through. I’m sorry I said you needed more hardship before but it’s okay now, I’m here for you”

“Thanks, daddy” Severa said with a smile. It was then that she decided to breathe again just one more time.

I did not change the "generic dad dialogue" mainly because I felt I didn't need to. I felt that didn't really add much to the idea I was trying to convey with this story which was that in light of constant failure and self-destructive thoughts we all need just one person in our lives to tell us that they care. A lot of the stuff I added was stuff I wanted to put in the original but thought it was too "heavy".

Edited by Ottservia

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I guess I'll be taking over, then.

Before we get the next prompt and start the next thread, let's talk about what that they thread will be.

Do we want any rule changes?

I am overall satisfied with the current rules, but I would consider loosening or removing Rule 8. Considering the point of the contest is ostensibly to practice and become better, it might be best if we are receiving advice for as long as possible. Also, while our ending judgement do give input on a whole story, it's not as good at getting small things or bits of prose, since not everyone goes over the stories word-by-word. More discussion on those sorts of things would happen this way.

I might add some disclaimer to Rule 3, such that it's really a guideline for wordcount. There aren't many 500 word stories but if someone thinks that's the best format for theirs, well...I don't know.

Those are just my ideas I'm putting forth, though, I'd appreciate some input on them.

Here's the voting site Dragoncat found earlier:

https://rankit.vote/

Here's this week's voting put into the website, so y'all can play around with it and figure out what you think:

https://rcv-app.firebaseapp.com/poll/-L_K-UBfI7KjTNeKp4G9/ballot

Yeah, I suppose since victory is essentially meaningless, there's no real need for rule 8. I'd also like to remove the minimum word count too. If someone wants to submit a poem, then let them. I think I questioned that back in the day and the response was basically "It's there to stop the competition being spammed with short entries" but entries are entries I say. Better to keep things hot.

I'm fine with getting rid of rule 8, or at least loosening it. As for the minimum word count, I can see it being reduced a bit. Not too much, since while poems are nice and all, if we do away with it I can see some lazy last minute entries occurring.

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

A lot of the stuff I added was stuff I wanted to put in the original but thought it was too "heavy".

Well, Severa trying to kill herself was, well let's say it's a twist that I should've expected but didn't and caught me off guard as a a result.

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

Well, Severa trying to kill herself was, well let's say it's a twist that I should've expected but didn't and caught me off guard as a a result.

Was it too much? I mean she sort of considered it in my original piece and almost attempted it but I cut it off before things could get too explicit. But Severa strikes me as that kind of person, I wouldn’t be surprised if she has attempted in the future. She’s been through a lot after all. I just hope it wasn’t too “edgy” or whatever. Also I hope people understood why I titled this story “One More Time” no one seems to have mentioned my little motif.

Edited by Ottservia

8 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'm fine with getting rid of rule 8, or at least loosening it. As for the minimum word count, I can see it being reduced a bit. Not too much, since while poems are nice and all, if we do away with it I can see some lazy last minute entries occurring.

What's wrong with some lazy last minute entries? If they're short they could add maybe a minute and a half to the overall reading time (or if someone wants they can just outright dismiss them on a short word count). And hey, some of them might actually be good.

Edited by Jotari

The point of rule 8 isn't to guarantee a fair competition, in my opinion. I think it's about influencing participants to do all the work themselves, then submitting their ideas and execution to be reviewed and judged later. I see it more as an incentive to independent work, writing and thinking.

Rule 3 is good to influence people to write more, in my opinion. I can't think of many 500 word stories, but by encouraging others to not settle for few words, it incentives to go further than your comfort zone.

So, I'd say I'm in favor for keeping things as they are. I'm ok with changing the voting system, though.

Oh hey, I'm back! I do apologize for the absence. To explain it more though, let me educate y'all a bit. There are actually two kinds of bans you can end up with on this site (as far as I've seen), as I've learned from my, ah, history. Though I'd honestly hesitate to call one of them a real ban.

The first is the basic thing, you're not allowed to see or post on the forum while logged in, you'll instead see a page telling you your account is suspended for however amount of time and your warn notes to explain why.

The second, and which is what I had for the past ten days, is just more of a restriction of posting. I could log in and view posts and stuff, but I could not post or send PMs. These are short, so that's why someone with this can still log in, they'll be allowed to post again soon enough. The first kind is normally much longer. And because you're not really banned from the forum with a simple posting restriction, I wouldn't call it an actual ban, just a restriction. So in short, I was still able to read everyone's critique and follow things here and such.

But I'm quite amazed at this turn of events. XD I never expected to win one of these contests, nor did I care. I just always hope to get a vote here and there. :P I hope I really did do a great job on my piece though, and some weren't just pitying me for being restricted for ten days or for what I'd said about not feeling like I could get better.

I'm so glad I did well though, regardless! I figured this was a good story for me to do, as I can completely relate to Morgan on his height issue, and I know a thing or two about premature kids since I was friends with one once. And I'm happy to know I wrote Frederick so well, I have to know how to do him given my love for him. <3

And to explain some points of the critique I saw:

- I didn't name Robin Robin because I was obviously using my customized Robin from my game file. I named her Kelli and gave her a teal ponytail and such. So yeah. Why keep the default name when she's her own unique take on Robin? Many fanfic writers do this and it can be done well.

- About Morgan knowing he was born premature. Yeah, FE takes some things from medieval times, but really, it isn't a 100% duplicate of that era, not by a long shot. Magic, dragons, flying horses, candy, innertubes, etc. didn't exist in the medieval ages either, I'm certain. And I feel like the magic in FE could be capable of doing things that were impossible in our medieval times, like finding pregnancies a bit earlier, treating illnesses, etc. Maybe even doing x-rays of people's bodies! It already heals wounds at crazy speed! I think it's perfectly fine for the FE world to know how long a human pregnancy generally lasts and what would constitute an infant as premature. And Kelli and Frederick at this point wouldn't keep the fact that Morgan was a premie a secret. He's old enough to understand. And of course, most premies end up remaining little throughout their lives. As I'd said before, I know one myself and she's still real small! I'm just under 5' and she is shorter than me. That's how small she is. :P

- Yeah, description is probably always going to be my weakness. I do wish I could get better at it.

- Why does it seem like a lot of people here dislike/hate OCs? I mean, yeah, many writers write crappy OCs, sure. But some others do their best to write them well and fit them in the setting. I included Ralph because his personality is basically so kind, that he's too kind. He's been used and taken advantage of for his kindness. Basically, he's kinda like a male Eirika. You might think this odd since I don't like Eirika. But I feel with Eirika, the naiveness and all were taken way too far, and it's less interesting with a female since you see that way more often than naïve super kind males. But anyway, Ralph is kind and cares a lot for Frederick and his family. The two have been close since childhood. They lived in Frederick's village then. So naturally, Ralph would go in and check on Morgan. And as I said before, that line Chloey gave us fit him well enough. And about Polly, she didn't even appear, she only got a mention. And I had Ralph adopt a little girl because it'd totally be him. The idea to make her a taguel just kinda happened, because I like the race as a concept, and wanted to go deeper with them. Annie seems like she didn't really get any complaints, but if you didn't guess, she's my Freddy fan daughter. Before Fates was a thing, I was bummed none of the males not named Chrom didn't get kids of their own tied to them. So with Frederick being my favorite of them by far, he got a little girl of his own. :P Also, I actually didn't even include all the Awakening OCs I created! Missing from here are Frederick's parents and sister as well as Winfrey, another family friend.

Okay, I think this post is long enough, but if anyone wants me to address anything else from critique, let me know.

Oh yeah, and I got you guys' prompt ready for when the contest officially ends. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Welcome back  :^_^:

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

About Morgan knowing he was born premature. Yeah, FE takes some things from medieval times, but really, it isn't a 100% duplicate of that era, not by a long shot.

My take on it: this is something that would bother me and that I would give you shit about if you were writing in one of the pre-GBA, GBA, or Tellius settings. All of which go for a more authentic period setting. 

Awakening and Fates take enough anachronistic liberties that in those settings, I think you can get a way with it and it works fine.  

Yayyyyyyy.

I'll have to second Ana on the OCs because I also have quite the hoard lol. Were you guys looking down on the OCs in hers, and not my Zelda based one, because there are more characters in FE to use? I don't recall her getting the same comments on her Zelda based story so I think this might be the case. Regardless, yeah, some authors do OCs badly, but these are also the authors who do everything else badly for the most part.

Xenoblade's cast is so good that my OCs for that are all the children or spouses of the canons lol. Blood relationship OCs are frowned upon a lot for sure but the above point still applies. If you're a skilled writer you can do it right.

17 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Welcome back  :^_^:

My take on it: this is something that would bother me and that I would give you shit about if you were writing in one of the pre-GBA, GBA, or Tellius settings. All of which go for a more authentic period setting. 

Awakening and Fates take enough anachronistic liberties that in those settings, I think you can get a way with it and it works fine.  

Yet thanks to Heroes, we now know that even Elibe and Tellius have candy! lol And that Archanea has innertubes because little Tiki uses one. If it wasn't for these kinds of things and magic though, I'd agree with you. The FE world can even take pictures now thanks to Anna's snapshot tomes! I think she also has a tome that can make a "movie" too, holy crap. But while it's a bit odd, it works imo. It helps throw some more modern things into this more medievalish world without making it look too out of place. Obviously there will still be others that are a no-go no matter what (such as cars and whatnot, as even shown by when Alfonse asks the summoner about his/her world), but yeah.

And thanks!

16 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I'll have to second Ana on the OCs because I also have quite the hoard lol. Were you guys looking down on the OCs in hers, and not my Zelda based one, because there are more characters in FE to use? I don't recall her getting the same comments on her Zelda based story so I think this might be the case. Regardless, yeah, some authors do OCs badly, but these are also the authors who do everything else badly for the most part.

Xenoblade's cast is so good that my OCs for that are all the children or spouses of the canons lol. Blood relationship OCs are frowned upon a lot for sure but the above point still applies. If you're a skilled writer you can do it right.

Yeah, and I can testify that Dcat here makes some pretty damn good ones. My personal favorite of hers is Merc or Commander Mercury from the Pokémon world, specifically Sinnoh. Though I'm also a bit biased for Sinnoh and Team Galactic in general. xP My favorite of hers from FE is probably Cerai. Even though I now feel like Cerai is also like a weird mix of Minerva and Sully. lol But she's still great.

I don't connect much to the Xenoblade peeps though, because I never played that game and don't really have any interest in it. I do play Xenoblade 2 though, and I like it a lot, so it's possible I might make an OC for Alrest. XD

Most of my own OCs are FE, a majority of which are from the Tellius world, because I just enjoyed Tellius and Ike's fun band of mercenaries that much! I also just really love picturing Ike as a dad and husband. :P I've got a few Zelda ones too though.

Edited by Anacybele

Well I’m just glad you’re back we’re in for some big changes around here. Honestly though it was a really tough pick between your story and shoblongoo’s story. I went with yours cause I prefer that style of writing.

Edited by Ottservia

I see.

Well, plenty of you have provided input on the rule changes, which is appreciated, though if anyone else has anything to say that'd be greatly appreciated as well.

Also, what do people think of the rank voting site linked? Is that something y'all would actually want to use or is it...less so?

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Also, what do people think of the rank voting site linked? Is that something y'all would actually want to use or is it...less so?

I mean, it's neat. Certainly more flashy than plain ol' Forest voting. But it just seems to take our number one spot into account when voting, so it's really not all that different. Maybe that's a setting or something, I dunno, but it just seems like extra work right now. Although interestingly it seems like none of the people who voted Ana have voted in the thing yet, so her piece isn't actually winning in that vote.

Yeah, it does kinda seem like unnecessary extra work. And I see that only four people voted in that thing while we got eleven total votes on SF. So yeah, there are definitely plenty of voters missing from this other thing.

I found that site because people were talking about ranked voting, but I do think I'd prefer just using multiple choice polls here. We can try that, and if we get ties too often, then we try something different or go back to one vote.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I see.

Well, plenty of you have provided input on the rule changes, which is appreciated, though if anyone else has anything to say that'd be greatly appreciated as well.

I like the voting system. Looks like it'll work really well. And while we're at it, maybe we should make a poll to gather exactly how many are in favor of or against changing the two rules. Good old democracy.