What is your ideal pet?

XRay

If you did not already know, I have cute kitty cat as my baby. While she is a good girl and all and I could not imagine living without her, I want something more.

So, what is your ideal pet, disregarding all the ethical and logistical problems? It can be a domestic animal, wild, silly (pet rock), fantastical (unicorns), basically anything you can think of.

For me, if my cat is like maybe four or five times bigger (it is hard to cuddle a small cat), have a more dog like personality, is more cuddly and snuggly, and can talk, then she will be perfect. If she can lay golden eggs and predict lottery numbers, that would be awesome too.

Heh, well, for me it's either a German Shepherd, or a plant. Yeah, you read it right, I've just written plant after the dog. Since I'm about to move into dorm (again) I probably won't have a dog, but I need something that needs me to take care of, so I won't become lazy and negligent. I've always wanted a Venus flytrap since like kindergarten, but something small and green would be enough as well as long as it doesn't have flowers. I like to keep things minimalist.

40 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Heh, well, for me it's either a German Shepherd, or a plant. Yeah, you read it right, I've just written plant after the dog. Since I'm about to move into dorm (again) I probably won't have a dog, but I need something that needs me to take care of, so I won't become lazy and negligent. I've always wanted a Venus flytrap since like kindergarten, but something small and green would be enough as well as long as it doesn't have flowers. I like to keep things minimalist.

Plants are nice, they do not need potty training and generally much cleaner, although they definitely take more effort to take care of than a pet rock.

Do you wish for your pet plant to talk or do some other fantastical things? For me, I want to talk to my cat, but the only thing I am able to understand from her current mewos is when she is hungry or when she wants attention and company.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you wish for your pet plant to talk or do some other fantastical things? For me, I want to talk to my cat, but the only thing I am able to understand from her current mewos is when she is hungry or when she wants attention and company.

I read somewhere that plants react if you talk to them, like growing faster, and being healthier. Now, I'm not 100% sure if it's because of the talking, or something else. Well, I think I will only want mine to not look out of place, and to add an extra flavour to the room overall. It'd be nice if it could communicate with me though, like somehow "tell" me if it needs more water, or something special, like fertilizer and stuff. But I guess I will just have to learn to watch out for the signs it can show so I will be able to keep it alive as long as possible.

5 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I read somewhere that plants react if you talk to them, like growing faster, and being healthier. Now, I'm not 100% sure if it's because of the talking, or something else. Well, I think I will only want mine to not look out of place, and to add an extra flavour to the room overall. It'd be nice if it could communicate with me though, like somehow "tell" me if it needs more water, or something special, like fertilizer and stuff. But I guess I will just have to learn to watch out for the signs it can show so I will be able to keep it alive as long as possible.

I think that might be due to the extra carbon dioxide from your breath, but even then, the concentration is so low once your breath leaves your mouth that I am not sure it will make a difference.

Sounds far fetched to me, but I guess talking never hurts. I talk to my cat anyways, even if she is has no clue what I am saying.

Edited by XRay

If my property manager is not too anal, err, strict about it, I'd get a dog. Not too picky on breeds, although working dogs are a plus (Doberman/German Shepherd/Rottweiler).

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Having a Pokémon around to help with the housework is far less hassle than a real world animal.

Mr. Mime is indeed helpful. I think I would want to have more than one though to speed things up, maybe along with Machamp, Gardevoir, and other humanoid Pokémon.

It would also be nice to have Blissey and Miltank around for free milk and eggs.

Not sure if Garbodor eats trash, but if he does, I would not have to throw out the garbage ever again. Maybe I can even have Muk unclog the toilet and clean the drains by going through it.

21 minutes ago, Inferno lizard said:

Dinosaur or Pokemon.
Edit: Realized even better: Anomalocaris, or Dragon.

You want @Anomalocaris as a pet? Ooooo...kaaayy...I mean, my answer for this would probably have been something like a Slime Girl, so I'm one to talk, but...

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

You want @Anomalocaris as a pet? Ooooo...kaaayy...I mean, my answer for this would probably have been something like a Slime Girl, so I'm one to talk, but...

25 minutes ago, Inferno lizard said:

Dinosaur or Pokemon.
Edit: Realized even better: Anomalocaris, or Dragon.

I'm flattered by the suggestion but I'm quite content being my own master.

Unless being a pet means I get to laze about and eat free food all day, then count me in.

8 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Unless being a pet means I get to laze about and eat free food all day, then count me in.

I think it depends on the master and what kind of pet you are. If you are my cat, than yeah, she basically just eats and sleeps all day, occasionally running around the house and slowly ripping my mom's couch to pieces.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

So, what is your ideal pet, disregarding all the ethical and logistical problems? It can be a domestic animal, wild, silly (pet rock), fantastical (unicorns), basically anything you can think of.

Came here expecting the opposite of this. I'm greatly pleased by this option.

I wouldn't mind a Phoenix. The only problem I can foresee with them is if they die while I'm trying to sleep.

44 minutes ago, Gnome with a Wand of Death said:

I always wanted a pet human

That sounds kind of dirty... Now I am starting to wondering about having a hot cat girl maid...

6 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Came here expecting the opposite of this. I'm greatly pleased by this option.

I wouldn't mind a Phoenix. The only problem I can foresee with them is if they die while I'm trying to sleep.

I thought you can tell when they are about die, like if they look old or something. Or maybe that is just in Harry Potter.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

That sounds kind of dirty... Now I am starting to wondering about having a hot cat girl maid...

I thought you can tell when they are about die, like if they look old or something. Or maybe that is just in Harry Potter.

Dunno. I just don't want the fire keeping me up when I'm trying to sleep.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

why did you ignore the bonny rabbit

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

why did you ignore the bonny rabbit

I think I am just more intrigued by the more fantastical pets.

I guess if you want a cartoon bunny instead of a regular bunny, that would be interesting.

So, do you have a rabbit yourself?

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think I am just more intrigued by the more fantastical pets.

I guess if you want a cartoon bunny instead of a regular bunny, that would be interesting.

So, do you have a rabbit yourself?

That's descrimination against real bunnies.

I want all of them.

22 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

a miserable pile of secrets.

Why not make them happy?

A Giant Panda that wasn't actually giant but pocket size, around 30cm in height would be fine, with the lifespan of a human being, and the capability of adapting to any type of environment.

Oh, I forgot to add: and with the ability to cure any disease with a hug.

Edited by Chopper...