Ursula's programming in HHM

Heptade

Battle Before Dawn. That dreaded chapter. Jaffar survived through 12 turns. Maxime is dead. In fact, except for Ursula and her Mercenary squad, all enemies are dead. All my units are alive.

I know where Ursula is. She used Bolting exactly once. She has never moved. My level 20/-- Hector being little more than dead weight at this point, I had left him and Nino where the latter was recruited. For at least five turns, they didn't do anything, and no one attacked them. Then suddenly, Ursula moves and one-shots Nino with her Bolting. What prompted that? Is this well-documented? I mean, all my strategy was made thinking Ursula was immobile (which I believe she is in all other modes, unless I always killed her too quickly for her movement to matter). Florina and Rath could probably take her on, but that means Zephiel will be put at risk...

As if a Bolting tome in FoW wasn't bullshit enough...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Heptade said:

Guess I'll either have to kill her or deplete her Bolting before turn 13.

Actually you can use Pent and have him use rescue to... well... rescue zephiel. Here's a video that shows how:

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Actually you can use Pent and have him use rescue to... well... rescue zephiel. Here's a video that shows how:

I had thought about it, but, as far as I know, there is no way to have a Rescue staff at that point. And if there is, I've missed it anyway.

In any case, Ursula herself is no longer much of a threat, as Rath's Brave Bow one-rounds her as long as she doesn't switch to Elfire, and he can survive a Bolting plus the four Mercs.

Now I just have to wait and hope the stars align so that Zephiel and Jaffar both survive.

It's a shame, since it's such a good chapter thematically.

4 minutes ago, Heptade said:

I had thought about it, but, as far as I know, there is no way to have a Rescue staff at that point. And if there is, I've missed it anyway.

The Rescue staff is in one of the chests in this chapter, the left one in the right treasure room.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Rescue staff is in one of the chests in this chapter, the left one in the right treasure room.

Yeah, I figured. 

That was the one chest I had not opened in any of my tries. Anyway, I finally beat the damn chapter, and didn't need the staff. There wasn't a single enemy left alive by the 12th turn (does killing Ursula halt the enemy reinforcements?). All four chests were opened, and Dorcas' speed grew two levels in a row.

15 minutes ago, Heptade said:

There wasn't a single enemy left alive by the 12th turn (does killing Ursula halt the enemy reinforcements?)

I think so, for killing Denning in his chapter does the same for that chapter's reinforcements. Maybe the same happens with the Talons Alight boss as well.