What other franchise would you like to have a crossover with FE?

Chopper...

As in, a Fire Emblem crossover with what other videogame franchise, since we already have Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fire Emblem Warriors.

I'd like a Fire Emblem x Octopath Traveler crossover (weird, I know :P:), because for some reason I think they could blend really well gameplay wise, since FE is not just tactical but has rpg elements, while OT has a good number of protagonists rather than the usual quantity showed in JRPGs; and story wise, because of the medieval fantasy setting they both have. Even some of the character classes are shared by the two, like cleric, dancer, knight, and thief. But mostly I'd like it because OT has such interesting mechanics it could add to FE.

What about you :lol:?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once read somewhere that a Fire Emblem x Pokemon was once considered. That would be pretty interesting to see. Pokemon Conquest does comes close, but it's not exactly the same iirc.

4 minutes ago, SuperDK said:

I feel like a FE game that plays similarly to The Legend of Zelda would be pretty cool. 

Agreed. In the past I've tossed around some ideas for a fan game that would play a bit like BotW in hindsight (originally I had SoV, Warriors, and Minecraft in mind). I definitely got to get around to it once I get coding and game development completely learned

Edited by Arcphoenix

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zelda, definitely. It'd be cool to see some FE characters battle evil alongside Link and Zelda and them!

Agreed. This would be cool. 

A crossover would be a great way to get a real-time FE game like that wii game concept that was scrapped. In that regard, I think a crossover with Legend of Zelda, or especially Xenoblade Chronicles would be really cool and would enable IS to finally make that real-time FE game.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles would be better in that regard, as its team combat system, affinity system & heart-to-hearts, ensemble cast, etc., would be far easier to integrate with FE's gameplay mechanics for a game like that scrapped concept. The only downside I can see is that Xenoblade Chronicles games have been terrible at camera angles when it comes to fighting large enemies, and a crossover with FE would inevitably have dragons. So, they better not let Monolift Soft be in charge of the camera for the boss fights. But Monolift Soft could bring in some great worldbuilding and story potential while IS brings some real strategy and tactics into the combat (one thing I found lacking in Xenoblade games was that, while the combat was rich in complexity, it was not rich in actual strategy), as well as maybe some layered level-design. If there's going to be a crossover, I want to be able to do things that utilize the layout, like ordering my archers and mages to stand on a ledge and fire down on the enemies while my melee units defend the way to the ledge.

If we're talking about crossovers with games outside of Nintendo, then there is a game series that, unlikely as it is that they would ever make a crossover between it and FE, could actually potentially make a great crossover with FE: Dragon Age. The team-based combat and tactical view, approval system and character customization can all be easily integrated with FE's strategic combat, support system, and avatar respectively. I think the odds of a crossover between the two series is unlikely to happen, but I would like to see it happen if Bioware survives the next couple of years...

Fire Emblem x Wild Arms

I don't know why, but a part of me would love to see this one.  I don't think the lore between the two games would conflict much at all.  I would also like to see what kind of gameplay the developers would come up with as long as the strategy elements are handled more by Intelligent Systems.  XF's gameplay wasn't very good from my memory.  I would also love to see a few Fire Emblem characters get fantasy wild west themed designs/alternate costumes. 

9 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I once read somewhere that a Fire Emblem x Pokemon was once considered. That would be pretty interesting to see. Pokemon Conquest does comes close, but it's not exactly the same iirc.

I second the notion of Fire Emblem x Pokemon despite Pokemon Conquest existing.  Pokemon Conquest was fun but it needed some refining, and I would be super curious to see what Intelligent Systems would do with a Pokemon crossover.

15 hours ago, SuperDK said:

I feel like a FE game that plays similarly to The Legend of Zelda would be pretty cool. 

15 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Agreed. In the past I've tossed around some ideas for a fan game that would play a bit like BotW in hindsight (originally I had SoV, Warriors, and Minecraft in mind). I definitely got to get around to it once I get coding and game development completely learned

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Zelda, definitely. It'd be cool to see some FE characters battle evil alongside Link and Zelda and them!

I agree with the three of you, 100%. Two of my favorite videogame series in a crossover, I'd never ask for anything ever again :wub:. I also like the crossover idea with Pokemon, a well-made strategy rpg game with Pokemon would be amazing, Pokemon Conquest was just okay for me, I didn't really enjoy it that much even though it was a strategy game.

------------------

13 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I think Xenoblade Chronicles would be better in that regard, as its team combat system, affinity system & heart-to-hearts, ensemble cast, etc., would be far easier to integrate with FE's gameplay mechanics for a game like that scrapped concept.

Interesting, I've never thought about Xenoblade for a crossover with FE, but now that you mention it and explain it like that, it could really make for an excellent game. And it doesn't sound far fetched, I could see this happening in the future, not minding the studios and whatever internal issues they may have.

-----------

5 hours ago, Spoiler Alert said:

Fire Emblem x Wild Arms

I don't know why, but a part of me would love to see this one.  I don't think the lore between the two games would conflict much at all.  I would also like to see what kind of gameplay the developers would come up with as long as the strategy elements are handled more by Intelligent Systems.  XF's gameplay wasn't very good from my memory.  I would also love to see a few Fire Emblem characters get fantasy wild west themed designs/alternate costumes.

Haha, now this sounds really fun. Now that Tokyo Mirage Sessions exists, that they brought a series with a medieval fantasy setting into the modern world, an old west theme Fire Emblem doesn't look too crazy. I would definitely play it.

----------

Another one I'd die to see but I know will never happen: a Fire Emblem x Golden Sun crossover.

Edited by Chopper...

FE and Pokemon will unfortunately never happen though, as IS already stated that they considered it, but decided Conquest was too similar.

Edited by Anacybele

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

FE and Pokemon will unfortunately never happen though, as IS already stated that they considered it, but decided Conquest was too similar.

Never? Pokémon Conquest was made a long time ago, and I think it’s a possibility should there be a noticeable demand for it. If Mario and the Rabbids of all things can have a collaboration, Fire Emblem and Pokémon certainly can. 

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Never? Pokémon Conquest was made a long time ago, and I think it’s a possibility should there be a noticeable demand for it. If Mario and the Rabbids of all things can have a collaboration, Fire Emblem and Pokémon certainly can. 

Like I said, IS said no already. ...Or was it GameFreak? I know one of them said no because of Conquest. So yeah, never.

I'll echo the Legend of Zelda X Fire Emblem crossover. Admittedly, I don't have many ideas for what it could combine off the top of my head, but I can definitely see multiple ways it could work.

For Fire Emblem Heroes, I can quite honestly see a crossover with Blustone successfully happening. Both games use the "chibi artwork for gameplay, detailed artwork elsewhere" style, as well as a rock-paper-scissors system that isn't too hard to adjust to fit either game. There are enough characters from Blustone that wield traditional Fire Emblem weaponry (although they might have to count blunt weapons as axes, but that isn't much of a stretch) that they can go the safe route with who they choose, and almost everyone uses elemental attacks in their special moves, so some characters could count as melee magic units if they wish to balance things out. It would still be interesting, however, to see how they'd handle some of the less traditional weapons (as some characters use their fists, all the ranged fighters have unique firearms, and the more nonsensical weapons aren't wielded by joke characters) as well as how the healers would work, as all of them are melee fighters (and they include a cook, a botanist, and a cleaner). About the only downside is that there would be no mounted units, and almost everyone would be a melee fighter.

As for the Blustone side of things, I could maybe see them adding two to three Fire Emblem characters. They tend to release one to two characters every month. Unlike Heroes, Blustone has several more animations to take account of, as well as designing a super-move (and they've recently been using 2-D animation to do so, which obviously takes time), and having to write several conversations. This isn't even bringing in which characters to choose, and what class and element they would use (as the triangle in Blustone is ice beats fire, fire beats electricity, and electricity beats ice. These elements aren't always common in Fire Emblem). Still, I could see them adding two or three characters to Blustone if a crossover would occur.

Never going to happen, but as I think mentioned long ago, I want something with Super Robot Wars. Sounds quite "out there", but it's not really that weird. Medieval setting with mechas has happened, just look at shows like Aura Battler Dunbine. So having, say, a FE character piloting one (once learning how, of course) wouldn't be tha wierd. At least to me.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like I said, IS said no already. ...Or was it GameFreak? I know one of them said no because of Conquest. So yeah, never.

Don't be so deterministic. People sometimes say something that soudns definite, only to change somewhere down the road. For a video game example, I remember the Villager was stated to never made it into Smash, I think by Sakurai himself. Yet one game later, it happened. Just have some hope they can change their minds.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't be so deterministic. People sometimes say something that soudns definite, only to change somewhere down the road. For a video game example, I remember the Villager was stated to never made it into Smash, I think by Sakurai himself. Yet one game later, it happened. Just have some hope they can change their minds.

That's Sakurai, not GF or IS. The latter two stick to their word more often.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎18 at 12:39 AM, Chopper... said:

Interesting, I've never thought about Xenoblade for a crossover with FE, but now that you mention it and explain it like that, it could really make for an excellent game. And it doesn't sound far fetched, I could see this happening in the future, not minding the studios and whatever internal issues they may have.

Yeah; let's just hope that a crossover between FE and Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't have double the fanservice of both games.

Edited by vanguard333

17 hours ago, Chopper... said:

Haha, now this sounds really fun. Now that Tokyo Mirage Sessions exists, that they brought a series with a medieval fantasy setting into the modern world, an old west theme Fire Emblem doesn't look too crazy. I would definitely play it.

I had a hard time articulating it in my last post, but I think Fire Emblem would work surprisingly well with Wild Arms.  Despite Wild Arms being a bit more modern (old west to Fire Emblem's medieval) with some sci-fi elements and characters using guns, there are still characters who are known for using swords and magic.  Later games in the Wild Arms series used something called the 'hex' system during battles.  Multiple characters could stand on a single hexagon tile and use devastating combo attacks against an enemy and use group healing, but all characters would take damage if an enemy targeted their hex on it's turn, and vice versa.  I think those combos and the more recent Pair-Up and Stances mechanics from Fire Emblem could work well together.  Maybe even Rescue as well depending on how it's all implemented.

IIRC, Wild Arms XF changed the combination arts of 4 and 5 to something that was based on character positioning, called formation arts.  That could easily allow Fire Emblem's triangle attack to return as a possible formation.  Ugh, thinking about it hurts because I know it will probably never happen, but it sounds so fun.

17 hours ago, Chopper... said:

Another one I'd die to see but I know will never happen: a Fire Emblem x Golden Sun crossover.

Me too.  I wonder how Adepts and Fire Emblem's magic users would work together.  It could make for some interesting crossover lore.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's Sakurai, not GF or IS. The latter two stick to their word more often.

I don't think it matters.  When it comes to games, never say never.  I personally mentioned Fire Emblem x Pokemon because I want to see it happen regardless of how possible it actually is.

A Star Wars or Mass Effect game that played like a FE game would be dope for me. I'd love having and excuse to compare Jedi, Sith, etc classes, skills, growths etc. 

It also puts FE mechanics into a scifi setting without it being reminiscent of XCOM. 

Alternatively, a game like KOTOR 1/2 or Deus Ex (very different games) set in one of the FE worlds could be really cool for immersion and whatnot. 

Edited by Mandokarla

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Never going to happen, but as I think mentioned long ago, I want something with Super Robot Wars. Sounds quite "out there", but it's not really that weird. Medieval setting with mechas has happened, just look at shows like Aura Battler Dunbine. So having, say, a FE character piloting one (once learning how, of course) wouldn't be tha wierd. At least to me.

What if the Fire Emblem characters were the mecha?

I'm a big fan of "that's absolutely ridiculous, I love it" kind of ideas, so I'd like to put forth Fire Emblem x Splatoon.

Turn-based tile-based tactical ink combat featuring ink management instead of weapon uses and instead of having mounted units you put Swim Speed Up on people. It's like Splatoon, but turn-based and tile-based.

Consider this: Splatoon has four players on each team. Fire Emblem Heroes has four players on each team.

Fire Emblem x Splatoon confirmed, my boys.

I'd love to see a crossover event between Fire Emblem Heroes and Fate/Grand Order. Pretty much all the Fire Emblem characters would make fitting servants in classes like Saber, Caster, and Berserker, and many of the Fate servants look like they'd fit in perfectly with the Fire Emblem universe. Imagine being able to summon Ike as a 5-star Saber, Sigurd as a 5-star Rider, and other prominent Fire Emblem characters in a feature Fire Emblem banner in Fate/GO. Then imagine being able to summon a 5-star Infantry Blue mage Tamamo, a 5-star Infantry Lance unit Cu Chulainn, and other major Fate servants in Fire Emblem Heroes. That'd be really cool!

Alas, I can only dream...

Advance Wars gameplay with Fire Emblem characters and aesthetics. Considering that most units in AW attack at melee range, even if they use guns, it would be seamless to swap them for melee classes in Fire Emblem. It would be really interesting to see what sort of specialties each character acting as a CO would have. Takumi with extra range on his archer and ballista units, Minerva with extra attack power on all fliers, Hector who has really strong armored units, etc.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Fire Emblem Vs Smash Bros. Go on Nintendo, just do it, make half the roster Fire Emblem characters and own the shit out of that decision.

Unironically, I think a Smash Bros style game with all FE characters would be pretty cool. Featuring the Super Marth Bros, Marth Marth and Red Marth

21 hours ago, Erureido said:

I'd love to see a crossover event between Fire Emblem Heroes and Fate/Grand Order. Pretty much all the Fire Emblem characters would make fitting servants in classes like Saber, Caster, and Berserker, and many of the Fate servants look like they'd fit in perfectly with the Fire Emblem universe. Imagine being able to summon Ike as a 5-star Saber, Sigurd as a 5-star Rider, and other prominent Fire Emblem characters in a feature Fire Emblem banner in Fate/GO. Then imagine being able to summon a 5-star Infantry Blue mage Tamamo, a 5-star Infantry Lance unit Cu Chulainn, and other major Fate servants in Fire Emblem Heroes. That'd be really cool!

Alas, I can only dream...

This is an excellent idea, they do fit together surprisingly well. I don't think it impossible either, let's hope for a bright future :P:

20 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Advance Wars gameplay with Fire Emblem characters and aesthetics. Considering that most units in AW attack at melee range, even if they use guns, it would be seamless to swap them for melee classes in Fire Emblem. It would be really interesting to see what sort of specialties each character acting as a CO would have. Takumi with extra range on his archer and ballista units, Minerva with extra attack power on all fliers, Hector who has really strong armored units, etc.

As a fan of Advance Wars (what a painful thing), I've wanted this too for a long time. That's the reason I'm very interested in Wargroove, this new game that'll arrive on the Switch, because it's a combination of AW and FE. I think it's the closest we'll get to a FE with AW mechanics for now. And I say for now, because IntSys did actually try it before, a long time ago, but complications arrived.

On 18/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

What if the Fire Emblem characters were the mecha?

Hopefully not like Evangelion, hahaha.

---

Anyway, not out of crazy and unlikely crossover ideas, let's actually go with the cliché High School setting... and then slap Earthbound in there too. What I mean is, that I would totally want to see FE involved with something like Adventures of Hourai High. The game actually has plot elements that wouldn't be out of place in FE, so I think it wouldn't be a bad fit... but I mostly would want to see the wacky hijinxes.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully not like Evangelion, hahaha.

I've never watched Evangelion. I think there are penguins in it? Penguins would probably enhance this game. What I really meant though was having like a giant robot Marth or a giant robot Micaiah that shoots magical missiles of light or whatever.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I've never watched Evangelion. I think there are penguins in it? Penguins would probably enhance this game. What I really meant though was having like a giant robot Marth or a giant robot Micaiah that shoots magical missiles of light or whatever.

Just one penguin, though I think more appear during flashbacks to a certain event. Anyway, hmm, I see. Just as mecha designs. Not a bad idea, but I'd prefer it if actual FE characters show up.