CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

Coloured staves would be great, if only because now all the framework is there for them to completely abolish colourless units. However, I would prefer staves be merged into tomes instead, with all staves converted into tomes, and all staff users being converted into tome users.

Colourless tomes on the other hand, have no reason to exist, they're staves with a different icon. There is absolutely no mechanical difference to a staff user besides the 50% damage penalty. Then again, there is absolutely no practical difference between bows and daggers, so who knows? Really, both are 2-range physical damage. There's not even the flier effectiveness to fall back on, since the flier effectiveness is attached to the weapon, not the class. If they implemented all the daggers as bows that have no flier effectiveness, nothing would change.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finally! After months of ruminating, round 2 of the Braves will be coming to light. What the theme is, we'll finally know!

Will Hector be toting Armads again?

Will Vax be ticked off by Golden Dagger Celica?

How will Veronica be handled? Just her normal villain stats and weapon? Or something else?

How good will be Ephraim's Garm? Or will I and Duessel not be besmirched by such a thing?

Regardless of what it is, I won't be summoning beyond the expected choose your freebie for this one.

If there is to be color balance, like with CYL1, well Hector = Armads, Ephraim = Garm, and Veronica = Elivagar, cannot happen.

• Colorless: Celica going Golden Dagger sounds like an easy way of getting a Colorless. Brave Veronica as a Staff unit might happen as my second guess. Latona on Ephraim sounds too ridiculous, and the same for the Saint Staff on Hector. Nidhogg Ephraim?
  • Red: If not Armads for Hector, then Durandal (b/c Great Lord Hector can tote swords), would let him go Red. Forblaze or Apocalypse Hector seems too comical to happen. Ephraim with Audhulma or Eirika's Sieglinde don't seem incredible enough to me.
  • Blue: Maltet Hector is possible- we still don't have that Divine Weapon in yet and Hector is a General in FE6. Alternatively, Ephraim keeps his Siegmund or grabs the Vidofnir. Or Celica goes Light with Seraphim.
  • Green: Veronica with her Elivagar. Armads on Hector. Garm on Ephraim. Or even Sacred Excalibur for Ephraim, or Gigascalibur on Hector, or Echoes+ Excalibur on Celica are all possibilities.

They could invent legendary weapons out of the ether like they've done for Lucina twice now, once for her Brave self. But I'm not sure they'll have done this again for anyone else.

I'm pretty sure CYL Celica probably going to be Colorless Healer like her late mother since the CYL 1 units were using the weapons and outfits from their fathers and I don't think Celica going for her late father since she did mentioned she doesn't want to think Lima IV as her father.

I do agree that I'm pretty sure CYL Hector will might possibly stop using the Axe weapons and have the Armads since he did have three variations that used Axes and Armads. I don't know what weapons did Hector's parents used before The Blazing Blade happened? (I'm pretty sure Hector's father possibly used Armads) I don't know if Hector will might use Magic like his daughter or just use the Sword?

I don't know about Emphriam's weapon type, I could see he could go for Armored unit like his father Fado or possibly horse unit that Dussel taught him before the war started that he might going to use an another weapon type since Legendary Hero Emphriam already used Lance.

I don't know what weapon that Veronica will might use? We don't know about her father and what weapon he might have used, I'm pretty sure he could have been a tome user since she and Bruno are Mage units.

Edited by King Marth 64
I forgot that Lyn does have Blue Mage Armored attire.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The banner runs for 3 weeks. I'm sure anyone on the fence will have plenty of time.

I though a month was enough time to obtain Summer Young Tiki. I was deeply disappointed. 

32 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

What if a colorless tome is added for the first time and it’s given to Veronica or Celica? I think that would be a decent possibility.

Fem Grima is a colorless Melee dragon and she kicks a lot of ass. Having a skill like nullify (eg special damage, spurs,) would make it interesting.  

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Fem Grima is a colorless Melee dragon and she kicks a lot of ass. Having a skill like nullify (eg special damage, spurs,) would make it interesting.  

Yeah, if implemented correctly, a colorless tome would be amazing offensively. No worries about color disadvantage or whatnot, nor worrying about those stupid staff bst penalties.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Only thing that bothers me about this is that it'll probably be a paralogue, and therefore we'll get 8 fewer orbs.

I wouldn't say that's too likely actually, ever since Book 2 began Paralogues have been exclusively seasonals and all "New Hero" banners have been Main Story Chapters.

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

I wouldn't say that's too likely actually, ever since Book 2 began Paralogues have been exclusively seasonals and all "New Hero" banners have been Main Story Chapters.

Sure, and it's not really a major issue. I'm a pretty patient dude regardless

I think the theme of this year's CYL will be siblings. So Hector can use a lance like Uther presumably does. Ephraim can use a sword like Eirika. Veronica uses whatever tome Bruno uses and Celica can use a lance like Conrad. 

7 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Yeah, if implemented correctly, a colorless tome would be amazing offensively. No worries about color disadvantage or whatnot, nor worrying about those stupid staff bst penalties.

The game still lacks a flying staff. We have already received horse and flying daggers. That would be a good opportunity to introduce one.

I don't know. CYL's "Brave Heroes" were presented as something that was rather independent to the main story last year, wasn't it? I guess I could see it integrated with the currently running story in that Brave Heroes were randomly appearing in Nifl and the Askr party had to get them on their side, but it seems easier to just have it be its own contained subplot. Like last year.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also the last years cyl feh channel was 6 minutes, what could be accomplished with the 2 additional minutes? Just in case, I have 487 orbs saved up. For the possibly for a strong desire of wanting an unit or their skills.

Got over 600. I doubt I'd be spending on this banner tho

8 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

5:30 am again... SIGH

Enjoy this. Winter Time will have it go back to 4:30 am for us Central Europeans.

Anyway, I am glad this is happening now after I just wasted all my orbs on the festival banner. I've been planning on taking my freebe (either Celica or Ephraim, whoever is more op) and bail anyway, so this is convenient timing. Also this means people will finally stop asking "Is it CYL??!" for every upcoming banner since April. That really got on my nerves after a while.

21 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Good, that means it will line up with the forging bonds too, I expect some sibling talk, Ephraim hating Veronica, and maybe they'll finally explain what the heroes get from contracts.

Also likely means Veronica hat accessory and Armads hat too.

Nah, we're gonna get an Armads hairpin, I'm calling it now. Along with Veronica's crown.

As for how they could justify the CYL2 units showing up in-story, I have a couple of possibilities that are stupid:

1) Loki summons the CYL2 Heroes because she can do that, and that's all the justification you get.

2) The Askrans run into the CYL2 Heroes and fight them, and they're here because Veronica summoned them to help her escape from Muspell before she suffers Death By Surtr and attacked you either because the Askrans got in the way of Veronica's escape unintentionally and they're removing you from the path just to be safe or because you're the Askrans and thus still Veronica's enemies even if you aren't Muspell. After beating everyone up, the Askrans temporarily form a truce with Veronica to deal with Muspell.

Also, random thought: Is it bad that I half-expect CYL2 Hector to be a Blue Tome Armor using Armads to lightning people from afar and have Close Counter as his A Skill?

32 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

We don't have Blue Tome Armor Unit yet since we had Red Tome Armored Unit for Christmas Tharja and Green Tome Armored Unit for Halloween Henry. I think CYL Hector should be Blue Tome Armored Unit.

Yeah we do, we have Love Abounds Lyn.

People seem to have forgotten that Rex Hasta exists and it could be CYL!Hector’s weapon. Maybe even mention Darin as well. 

As for what it could possibly be that I would like to see: 

- Red, Colorless Dagger (Golden Dagger), lance or staff for Celica. Infantry or cav.

- Sword, green dagger or lance for Hector. Infantry or armor. Hector isn’t a book man so no tomes. 

- Axe (Garm) for Ephraim. Cav or infantry. 

- Siegfried, a variant of Siegfried or anything else for Veronica. Flier, cav or armor. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Will Vax be ticked off by Golden Dagger Celica?

oh nooooooo

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I swear they had better not make Brave Marth a Grand Hero Battle. Free units are great but come ON. I'll definitely send some very negative feedback if that happens.

Yeah. I already mentioned it in a different thread but it feels like a continuous shitting down on Marth fans, however tiny their amount is.

1 hour ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Anyway, what do I think Feh would predict?  Maybe...she, he, it, whatever?!..

Feh is a girl owl.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

They OK'd colored daggers, so colored staves only seem like the next progressive step for IS and their shitty decision making.

Where can we rewind time before coloured bows and daggers were a thing, and when we actually got new archers and thieves? Our last new archer was Innes more than a year ago (15th of August, 2017).

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

The CYL 1 units were using the weapons and outfits from their fathers…

There is no guarantee they will reuse the theme. One occasion is not yet a trend.

32 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

People seem to have forgotten that Rex Hasta exists and it could be CYL!Hector’s weapon. Maybe even mention Darin as well. 

As for what it could possibly be that I would like to see: 

- Red, Colorless Dagger (Golden Dagger), lance or staff for Celica. Infantry or cav.

- Sword, green dagger or lance for Hector. Infantry or armor. Hector isn’t a book man so no tomes. 

- Axe (Garm) for Ephraim. Cav or infantry. 

- Siegfried, a variant of Siegfried or anything else for Veronica. Flier, cav or armor. 

I never forgot! It's what I guessed he could have when I was building potential CYL2s in the Create-A-Hero thread a while back because I figured they wouldn't make four versions of Armads. Thinking about it now, I think they'll probably give him Armads #4 anyway because I think they just really like the idea of Hector only using Armads for some reason.

Garm seems a safe bet for Ephraim. I'm kinda hoping it ends up as an 11-MT Brave Axe with no SPD penalty (to reference the +5 SPD Garm had in Sacred Stones), just because it would be neat (well, it would be neat if he had an adequate SPD stat that could be buffed to a place that would let him quad, which I'm not sure would happen), but I don't expect anything like that.
I bet on Golden Dagger for Celica too, probably Infantry. Ragnarok Omega is also a possibility, but I'd like to see Golden Dagger instead.
Veronica I'm betting will end up with a tome come on Close Counter weapon come on Close Counter weapon I know it won't happen but just let me keep believing until my hopes are dashed once again, but Seigfried and possibly a Xander-cosplay would be cute, and I'm a sucker for cute shit so I'd like to see that. She could really get anything though, since they can just make something up to justify whatever they give her.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

At first glance I was just disappointed with this. 1) I was expecting to see a trailer this morning so I could finally know if I need to spend orbs on this or not, 2) FeH channel continues to be on unreasonable times for Europe, 3) Because it's so late I won't even be able to see the channel before the banner is already out, I do prefer some thinking time before a banner releases.

But ok, if we get a free unit again that would be great, as I only have a sad 30 orbs at this moment (how do people save to 400???). Kinda expecting Veronica to be the GHB, iirc most (if not all) villains have been GHBs so far? So it would fit her. I would only accept that if we still get a free choice of the other three too though, cause if it's just the Veronica GHB we can't choose at all and she'll only come at 4* at most, too.

Ugh it's so cruel of them to make us wait yet another day for this banner :(

Why is there salt in this thread when the video hasn't even been released?  Like, I can understand not being too hyped, but starting out disappointed isn't helpful, either!

This is a really inconvenient time for me, so I'll just look for the video online whenever I get home (5:30 PM HST).

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why is there salt in this thread when the video hasn't even been released?  Like, I can understand not being too hyped, but starting out disappointed isn't helpful, either!

This is a really inconvenient time for me, so I'll just look for the video online whenever I get home (5:30 PM HST).

I think many people have become annoyed at the idea of alts these days. I don't really mind, as long as the unit seems good.

11:30 PM kinda sucks for me actually as I've been going to bed and getting up early recently, but I'll probably just watch it when I wake up the following morning.

As for the announcement, I was kinda hoping that CYL2 would be the first or second banner of September. Still, if it is Monday's banner, I'll have around 50 orbs come the day of, which is 50 more than I had for CYL1. Unless Veronica and Celica really catch my eye (looking at a new meta colorless dagger Celica) I'll likely just go for Ephraim and Hector. Everyone wants Hector to not be a green unit again and here I am wishing for an Infantry Wolf Beil Hector. 

Either way, CYL was a game changing event that not only influenced but reshaped the meta as we know it and defines the meta even to this day as Brave Ike remains the only recipient of Steady Breath. Hopefully CYL2 doesn't disappoint, but it's got a lot to live up to. Something like a flying staff Veronica could make an impression. But something like Dagger Celica on the other hand would raise eyebrows. I'm honestly stumped as to how you could make a dagger unit meta. Built in Close Counter would be great, but it's simply not enough.

Looking forward to the FEH Channel. Hopefully we get a free unit instead of CYL Marth as a GHB as I'm wholly uninterested in him. Sorry folks.