CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

A little underwhelmed this time, but still good to finally get the announcement.

Veronica seems like the best pick? But I'll probably choose Ephraim for my free pick because favouritism. I'm bummed Celica got the sword and not Seraphim. I voted for her but she's the lowest priority, unfortunately. I'll go for Veronica and Hector and hopefully get at least one of them.

As for designs Veronica and Hector look really nice, Celica is cute with her classic outfit though I feel the art isn't too impressive, and Ephraim looks a little awkward haha. Kinda sad Marth didn't end up getting anything, I was sure they were gonna include him. Hopefully for CYL3 he can benefit from a mass rally effort.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Wow. They powercrept Distant Counter. Just wow. 

Only Hector the true holder of Distant Counter can powercreep Distant Counter lol

I am not sure what to think. Veronica seems to be the best pick for me. Unless you want to go for Arena Score Points, then obviously it would be Hector.

This CYL feels crap, there is too many armorers....

Why do Armorers get busted B Slot skills.... Special Fighter 3 on Ephraim, thats a Guard+ ...

Edited by Hilda

for me it was always going to come down to ephraim and celica, but I don't know for sure, I am really digging ephraim's fado outfit, but I also am not hurting for armored axes, so he would see the bench (I say implying that my primary team will ever change now).

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So powercreep DC is here and now we're getting tier 4 skills, eh?

Uhhh...I don't really like how Celica looks here (mainly the Atk pose, too much neck). Er...I'll wait to see if Hector and Celica get more BST before choosing, if they don't then I'll go for Veronica.

No Ephraim? :P

Seriously though, I'm pleasantly surprised that he's an Armoured unit - he became much more interesting to me than he would have been otherwise. And since he has Armor March, he could replace Amelia in my Armour Emblem. Hmm...

P.S. Anyone else notice that Maltet is Vengeful Fighter with a stat boost? I don't use my Hardin much, so I'm wondering what a Bold/ Vengeful combo would look like...

Edited by DefyingFates

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

>Death Blow 4
>FUCKING DEATH BLOW 4

This is basically how I feel, except I'm not sure what kind of disbelief yours is. Talk about a lazy fucking skill for the number 1 female. Then again, Hector's isn't exactly either, but DC is a lot more impressive and significant of a skill.

Anyway, Celica somehow managed to drop to last place at first glance, but I'm warming up. I really appreciate her art being a nod to her original garb, but I'm not a fan and I really don't need a billionth sword infantry. Still, not nearly as jazzed as I was hoping I'd be.

Ephraim has gorgeous art, which actually makes me almost sort of want him.

Veronica, not a fan of her art, or her in general, but legendary staff horse with built-in dazzling staff seems neat.

Hector is looking like he'll be my free pick since I'm still lacking a blue DC armor, and his art is sweet as hell.

Anyway, I'll wait for the datamine for the stats and whatnot, but right now Hector > Celica = Veronica = Ephraim.

Eh, this was a disappointment overall. Any word on when the update will be out?

After the livestream:

• Classic Celica feels too plain for me.
  • Death Blow 4 seems like a bad idea
  • Healer Veronica seems neat as an offensive healer
  • Don't really care for Ephraim or Hector
  • Distant  Counter 2 eh?
  • No Marth love.

Going for Veronica for my free pull.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Heh, Celica looks like the result of one of those wish ruining threads.

"I wish for a Celica drawn by Hidari.

>Granted, but it's her original Gaiden design"

I didn't catch all the skills but from what I gathered, they seem a bit... conservative? I expected some meta counters like last CYL, not powercrept DC and Deathblow. Ah well, this will require further examination. Hector is the unit I want the most. Celica is...well, not what I had hoped for. Don't really care that much about the other two. I hope there is some exciting skill fodder in there.

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

No Ephraim? :P

Seriously though, I'm pleasantly surprised that he's an Armoured unit - he became much more interesting to me than he would have been otherwise. And since he has Armor March, he could replace Amelia in my Armour Emblem. Hmm...

Never been a big fan of Ephraim, although he looks cool. Doesn't help that I already have a +Def OG!Hector that I won't replace for anything. 

Veronica's art is a bit eh too but damn if her staff doesn't look exciting to use. After all I only have Priscilla and Nanna so I'm lacking in troubadours. Still, better wait until the stats are revealed before going ham.

I'm honestly hoping that Death Blow 4 will be something unique to Celica only, and that Ostian Counter is limited to just this Hector. It'd fit pretty well with last year's giving Ike and Lyn personal skills, but inheriting Ostian Counter to someone not Ostian (which is 99% of the playable cast) just seems silly, and Death Blow 4 is plain stupid.

Lucina and Roy also apparently got cheated, hard.

Edited by Sunwoo

Hector and Ephraim look amazing! I am very happy with how they turned out.

I was not expecting classic Gaiden Celica. I was hoping for her overclass from Echoes, but this is all right too. However, she just seems underwhelming to me. The addition of Death Blow 4 also frustrates me. // Veronica looks all right, but I guess a part of me got influenced by the Xander!Veronica fanarts I've seen floating around.

Overall, I currently say the guys got it better than the girls and I personally will likely get Ephraim or Hector. This may change once the datamines and actual information are out though. I guess I was just expecting something else for Celica and Veronica...

Hector free pick all the way for me and I will be snipping green for Ephraim.  Looks like my armor teams are getting better then ever.  Looks like the GHB remains a ? for now.  I will do my pulls on the banner before I take my free pick just in case I get lucky.  

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm honestly hoping that Death Blow 4 will be something unique to Celica only, and that Ostian Counter is limited to just this Hector. It'd fit pretty well with last year's giving Ike and Lyn personal skills, but inheriting Ostian Counter to someone not Ostian (which is 99% of the playable cast) just seems silly, and Death Blow 4 is plain stupid.

Lucina and Roy also apparently got cheated, hard.

I don't think it'll be exclusive. I went back and looked through the video, and Celica looks like she has a prf B skill. Don't know why they chose to show DB4 over that.

Just now, kirauza343 said:

The trailer itself is up and oh boy I'd take a look at it if I were y'all because I'm very much excited about Celica's Double Lion, especially since her stats are likely going to be amazing 

3ONwf3d.png

In the livestream, her statline seems pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

I don't think it'll be exclusive. I went back and looked through the video, and Celica looks like she has a prf B skill. Don't know why they chose to show DB4 over that.

That just clicked for me, thank you. Oh boy...

P.S. Veronica's staff has the same effect as Peshkatz, correct?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Say, @Integrity can you mod the thread when the time comes for any out of control behavior?

i wish, i only happen to be awake for the moment to see the video myself and then i'm going immediately to sleep checks now

peace

8 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

The trailer itself is up and oh boy I'd take a look at it if I were y'all because I'm very much excited about Celica's Double Lion, especially since her stats are likely going to be amazing 

Yeah, that's pretty exciting. Hello, legendary brave sword Celica. Alm has a buddy now, and he'd also really appreciate DB4. Although, she won't be able to self-sustain with renewal like Alm, unless they plan on releasing a renewal seal. Almost seems like she'd be better off running desperation since she seems to have crazy speed.

Also, now that that seems to not be exclusive, that's not really great, and DB is the one that probably needed it least, but the single-stat blow skills do seem a bit lacking compared to the double-stat ones. Athough, DB4 Reinhardt will be a dream come true :rolleyes:

Anyway, Hector's kit is stupid good, and Celica's art is definitely growing on me.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Oml, I don't know who to choose between Veronica and Ephraim. I'll probably do some summonings and see if I can snag one of the two before I choose my free summon. Ephraim is just straight up insane though, an armor unit that'll always double thanks to his weapon. Celica's art is simple yet very pleasing to look at ❤. 

Fuck, no Marth after all!

So this channel was pretty underwhelming overall.

I was hoping for more than just over powered skills. Very disappointed with Hector, I'm not even sure why he even has Maltet other than Florina being one of his love interest.

I mean why not Rex Hasta?

So, now that I've seen the trailer, here are my thoughts:

1) Veronica has Wrazzledazzle Peshkatz Staff on a horse. That's amazing. And Close Guard too, which is also a nice thing. I want her.

2) Ephraim looks really good, which makes it too bad that I don't really need him at all since I already have Green Armor covered pretty well with LA Hector, TOD Henry and M!Grima. Special Fighter 3 looks sweet tho.

3) I like Celica's Hidari art, but the unit herself, she looked pretty meh in the Feh Channel.
And then I saw that she had Double Lion as a skill on top of Death Blow 4, and she became scary.
Still not gonna bother with her though, she doesn't interest me.

4) Hector doesn't have Armads, but still looks every bit as brokentastic as I'd hoped, between Slaying Effect & Quick Riposte 5 on Maltet, Ostian Counter and Bold Fighter. I want him.

In closing, here's an Oho for the Free Summoning Event, and now I have to decide between Veronica and Hector for that. Not sure how I'm gonna decide that one.