CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah we do, we have Love Abounds Lyn.

Whoops I forgot about that Lyn has a Armored Blue Magic attire. I think Hector should probably get Sword or Magic instead of reusing Axes for CYL Round 2 theme.

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back at last year, the CYL heroes first reappeared on a banner in November, albeit still at 3%. Lyn then appeared later that month in the first Legendary banner. So I'll guess that at the very latest, we'll see the CYL2 heroes begin to reappear this November, if not earlier because Legendary banners didn't exist for September and October that year. With that in mind, I feel it's a fairly easy skip.

The dream is that they throw us a bone and have CYL2 be like a Hero Fest banner and have 5/3%. Doubt it though as they're probably betting on people exhausting their orb stashes/credit limits for the new units.

I really hope Celica doesn't end up as a dagger or staff. Both of them are the weakest weapon type in the game and it might just be me but it seems unfitting for someone who scored second (and number one for females) to be saddled with one of those weapon type without making the weapon effect super op or something. I never really cared about CYL and Celica is the only character I somewhat care about from this event so I really hope she ends up good regardless of what weapon she wields. Hopefully they let us pick one for free again because I'm not really planning on throwing orbs at this banner.

21 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

So why does everyone think that Marth will be getting some sort of representation??

He was included among the winners on the main page of the event for some reason:
cyl.jpg

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't be so glum! :):

And if this is about Marth. Well I'm not his biggest fan at all, but he is the original FE main character. A bit blasé, but he was the first to be that way, so it isn't such a problem for him.

Even so, he has had only two variants so far, despite Japanese popularity and Smash popularity. He is the star of the game that invented the franchise, which is just as important as being in the game that exported the franchise (Hector, Lyn), and the game that saved the franchise (Lucina), and yet he trails massively behind those three in alts, having had a meager one.

You do know I'm rooting for Marth being a part of the CYL, right?

I still think Marth has the least to lose out of all lords & characters in this franchise if he's not an alt, but it's not fair for his fans to get shafted like that when he's technically 2nd place. Although, I'm sure you already know all that. Doesn't change that there's too many double standards when it come to Heroes now.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

cyl.jpg

Photographer: Hey everybody! Let's take a photo to celebrate the CYL 2 results. Everybody make a cool pose.

Veronica: Meh...

Also, I want a FEH Manga where the Order of Heroes is trying to summon a new hero to fight against the Emblian Empire and then they summon Veronica.

Just now, Tenzen12 said:

You probably could make argument for axe Ephraim, but sword Hector make no sense. For sword it would have to be Iron one, for spear he have two legendaries that make sense for him.

We could have a version of Ephraim based on his father, King Fado. Fado has access to sword, lance and axe. But I still believe Ephraim will continue to be a lance unit.

Things I don't want to see:

Armoured hector 

Green hector 

Lance Ephriam 

Red Celica 

Green Veronica 

Marth as a GHB

P.S- this is also my bingo list for things I expect

Edited by Mackc2

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

You do know I'm rooting for Marth being a part of the CYL, right?

I still think Marth has the least to lose out of all lords & characters in this franchise if he's not an alt, but it's not fair for his fans to get shafted like that when he's technically 2nd place. Although, I'm sure you already know all that. Doesn't change that there's too many double standards when it come to Heroes now.

Marth  has the least stuff lore-wise to make him of another variety, but I think IS are creative enough to give him an alternate class and weapon to justify his possible Brave version. He should be there, kind of a dick move of what happened to his fans. The fact that today’s FEH channel is about 2 mins longer than the one last year hints about a Brave Marth

I'm over 100 orbs already, but I though this would be later than it is. Anyways, if it is next banner, we'll see, I think it's too short a banner for it and the next one is extended.

As for guesses on colour:

C: Honestly open season here. Anyone could be fine here, though for instance Celica could be very likely here imo.

R: Ephraim (An upgraded Naglafr or Niddhog, could see him having those or something new here as well.) > Veronica (With Xander as her father figure, I think something here could happen) > Hector (REALLY SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED BY NOW) > Celica (Red alt number three would be dumb). I think a Red bow would make sense here honestly, or a red dagger (..... Oh no, what if it's Celica after all?).

B: Veronica (Could take after her brother, could use something else. There's dragon blood too, which could work across all types. Does she have enough to count?) > Hector (Maltet suggestion does fit, could also just use an invented lance referring to BB) > Celica (She had Seraphim and Thunder magic, would probably be Seraphim) >> Ephraim (He has two lances already). Could be any type honestly.

G: Ephraim (There's the Garm option, possibility of mage Ephraim, I could see him as green as well.) > Celica (She can use Excaliber...) > Veronica (Evaliger would be boring) >>> Hector (THEY BETTER NOT MAKE ARMADS EMBLEM). Anything's possible likely barring the dagger, no idea what for sure though.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Where can we rewind time before coloured bows and daggers were a thing, and when we actually got new archers and thieves? Our last new archer was Innes more than a year ago (15th of August, 2017).

Thank you for this tidbit, Innes shall now become a new cudgel to be brought up every time an NH lacks an archer (that isn't an alt) for the time being. Like Binding Blade.

Although on the Thieves front, there are only so many options. 21 if I'm right.:

Spoiler
  1. Julian
  2. Rickard
  3. Divine Dew
  4. Pattycakes (please use the Treasure art as a base!)
  5. Daisycakes
  6. Lifis (I need him for reasons)
  7. Lara (canonical Dagger Dancer!)
  8. Perne
  9. Chad
  10. Astolfo
  11. Cath
  12. Colm
  13. Rennac
  14. PoR Sothe
  15. Volke
  16. Heather
  17. Awakening Anna
  18. Gangrel
  19. Asugi
  20. Flora
  21. Yukimura

Actually, let me list the Archer options while I'm at it:

Spoiler

Infantry (I'm leaving off Warriors, Generals, Ballisticians and the like):

1. Ryan
  2. Norne
  3. Jamke
  4. Brigid
  5. Febail
  6. Asaello
  7. Tanya
  8. Ronan
  9. Wolt
  10. Dorothy
  11. Igrene
  12. Wil
  13. Louise
  14. Rolf
  15. Shinon
  16. Leonardo
  17. Shura

Cavalry/Infantry who could be Cavalry (excludes natural Swordies like Gerik and Severa):

1. Castor
  2. Wolf
  3. Sedgar
  4. Warren
  5. Beck
  6. Roberto
  7. Midir
  8. Lester
  9. Deimne
  10. Selphina
  11. Robert
  12. Sue
  13. Sin
  14. Dayan
  15. Rath
  16. Neimi
  17. Astrid
  18. Hayden
  19. Noire
  20. Midori
  21. Nina
  22. Kiragi
  23. Fates Anna
  24. Python

So 41 total? Who did I miss, if anyone?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Forgot Midori and Python

contains echos and heroes spoiler

Spoiler

i just realized how odd it is that Veronica and Celica both have brothers that wear masks and are illegitamate heirs to the throne

my gut tells me they are going to do a sibling theme.

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

You probably could make argument for axe Ephraim, but sword Hector make no sense. For sword it would have to be Iron one, for spear he have two legendaries that make sense for him.

Actually, if the first Brave Heroes set is anything to go by, sword Hector makes a lot of sense. All previous Brave Heroes, sans Brave Roy, use weapon types that they gain the ability to use upon promotion. However, things could be different this time around as we have seen non-seasonals using weapon types and classes not being canonically possible otherwise

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Guess I'm pulling free Celica or Marth~

There will be Ephraim Hector Veronica and Celica. Marth can at most be a BHB unit if I'm not wrong. I'm going to pull Veronica cause I really want her, but I hope that I get here on my free summon before I choose who to pick.

Edited by Drakhis
spelling

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

There will be Ephraim Hector Veronica and Celica. Marth can at most be a GHB unit if i'm not wrong. I'm going to pull Veronica cause I really want her, exept if she is my free pull.

LIT, going for Celica then~

I'm hoping that they'll use this opportunity to go with non-canon movement types for these characters:

Hector - Great Knight with Armads

Ephraim - Wyvern Knight with Siegmund

Veronica - Wyvern red tome

Celica - Pegasus rider with Staff

Marth - Armored unit with Falchion and Lodestar appearance

Edited by Etheus

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

contains echos and heroes spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

i just realized how odd it is that Veronica and Celica both have brothers that wear masks and are illegitamate heirs to the throne

my gut tells me they are going to do a sibling theme.

Ephraim doesn't have a brother though, so it wouldn't work. And if Marth is going to be a part of this, he doesn't have one either. And I highly doubt IS would make them wear a skirt/dress.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ephraim doesn't have a brother though, so it wouldn't work. And if Marth is going to be a part of this, he doesn't have one either. And I highly doubt IS would make them wear a skirt/dress.

reminder that there's only flimsy evidence Marth will have anything to do with this, this pic didn't mean anything for Corrin or Micaiah

Marth was probably added to both just to fill empty space.

3401a4c523401b01f626a209520cfd3e.png

Just now, Lemmy said:

reminder that there's only flimsy evidence Marth will have anything to do with this, this pic didn't mean anything for Corrin or Micaiah

Marth was probably added to both just to fill empty space.

3401a4c523401b01f626a209520cfd3e.png

Neither Micaiah nor Corrin were third placers though, while Marth was in this case. This first banner also lacks Roy and Lucina, the original second place winners. The new banner has all four actual winners plus Marth.

However, I do agree that it's flimsy evidence anyway, so I'm not getting my hopes up.