CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping they don't mess up any of them in terms of artwork, stats or whatever. Free pull, which is basically guaranteed at this point, will probably still be Ephraim unless they screw up badly.

A little sick of this whole reveal the units less than 24 hours before they're actually released. Like at that point, why even bother having the trailers? Just release an info video along with the banner. But eh, I'm not in marketing.

18 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I really hope Celica doesn't end up as a dagger or staff. Both of them are the weakest weapon type in the game and it might just be me but it seems unfitting for someone who scored second (and number one for females) to be saddled with one of those weapon type without making the weapon effect super op or something. I never really cared about CYL and Celica is the only character I somewhat care about from this event so I really hope she ends up good regardless of what weapon she wields. Hopefully they let us pick one for free again because I'm not really planning on throwing orbs at this banner.

What? Wrazzle dazzle is ridiculously good.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I agree that axe cav Ephraim would be great, I have just been trying to come up with a good "theme" that makes sense and a mentor one is hard to do since neither girl really has one.  I am trying to keep my hopes low since I would rather be surprised then have my hopes dashed.  

My issue with the sibling theme is that there'd almost certainly be at least some color overlap. Celica would almost certainly be blue, Eph red, Veronica blue, and Hector either blue or green. At best, two are sharing a color, potentially three. I'd been leaning toward a mentors/guardians theme with red tome cav Xander-inspired Veronica with a Siegfried tome, green axe cav Duessel Ephraim with Garm, blue lance armor Uther/Oswin Hector with Rex Hasta or Maltet, and gray staff infantry Nomah Celica who'd have the first playable legendary staff, say Mila Staff or something. I could also see lance armor Fado Ephraim and axe armor Uther Hector, though I feel like there'd be riots if Hector got a 4th axe armor incarnation. I'm surprised to see how many people don't want a staff user as one of the CYL heroes. I think it'd be really cool and certainly unique as far as playable characters go.

As for the free pick, it'll depend on how they turn out, but I'm strongly leaning toward Celica. If somehow she ends up terrible it's a tossup between Hector and Veronica. Ephraim is in hardcore last unless he somehow manages to be beyond broken.

Vanilla Veronica seems like a good choice for the GHB, though at this point she feels a little disappointing after the last few GHBs. They were all anywhere from very solid (Walhart) to bordering on great (Linus and Kana). Veronica's stats aren't bad, but they're not amazing, and her tome is rather mediocre at this point anymore. Hopefully if they do, they'll release a refinement for it alongside her or shortly after.

Marth would be cool as a TT or Forging Bonds reward, but I'm not holding my breath. Sticking to my theme though, I'm not super sure what he'd be. Jagen is definitely the best fit, but Marth in super-spike purple armor seems a little out there. Maybe Gotoh since he aids Marth along the way and helps mentor and guide him. Cornelius or Anri seem like possibilities too, but they're stretching the theme to varying degrees since Anri was long dead and IIRC Marth and his father didn't have a great relationship.

Actually, another theme could be standing rulers. So all of them after they've officially taken the throne. Lodestar Marth would fit quite well, as would queen Celica, but old-man Hector, as much as I'd love that, seems unlikely, and Ephraim might be tricky to differentiate from his legendary version and have him still be recognizable. Veronica is an open book so she doesn't seem like she'd be too terrible to come up with.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Want I want to see

• Sword Hector (bonus points if not armored)
  • armor knight Ephriam 
  • green tome Celica
  • something interesting for Veronica 
  • some Marth love

Want I don't want to see

• Armads hector 
  • Siegmund Ephraim
  • red Celica
  • BST creep
  • overpowered skills (strong as bold fighter) 
  • no Marth love

It would be funny if CYL!Hector actually makes a reference about his alts all having Armads and that people are tired of it.

Something like...”I kept hearing these voices telling me over and over not to bring Armads...”, “No more Armads, they said!” 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Realistically in my personal opinion.

• Ephraim will be red. 
  • Hector will be blue.
  • Veronica will remain green (and be the sole magic unit).
  • Celica will be colorless (flying staff or infantry dagger with Golden Dagger cause trolling @Vaximillian is fun even though I'm actually being serious.).

@bottlegnomes If Veronica is the Grand Hero Battle (and I'm kind of expecting that), then I expect that they'll raise her stats up a little and upgrade Elivagar to have a better (and maybe altogether different from its current post-combat Panic application) effect.

@Lord-Zero Yeah, that would be pretty funny. Especially if this is the one Hector that doesn't have Armads and he says something along the lines of the second quote there.

As for what I expect/hope for:

1) Red Tome Veronica with a Close Counter Tome because I love setting myself up for disappointment

2) Green Axe Ephraim with some sort of Garm.

3) Colorless Dagger Celica with Golden Dagger, possibly with Mila's Turnwheel in some capacity (maybe as a Miracle-type Special that also healed Celica a bit after it triggered?).

4) Blue Lance Hector with Rex Hasta or a made-up lance because they did that with Lucina last time, and the Distant Counter skill because he always has that.

5) Choose Your Legends 1 vs. 2 Voting Gauntlet

6) Veronica: Emblian Princess Grand Hero Battle announcement.

7) Legendary Marth reveal.

If I'm right on even two of these I'll be happy. And I probably won't be right on even two of these. But I'll probably still be happy.

this is hard to guess because Ephraim is lance only, but I might as well try for fun; these are guesses from intuition, i admit they make no sense

Hector - Green Axe Cavalry

Celica - Colorless Staff Flier

Ephraim - Blue Lance Armor

Veronica - Red Tome Armor

I'm getting pretty excited, as long as Veronica isn't a non-flying red sword, I don't see myself getting disappointed

I'm really excited to see the artwork. The first CYL had a really great concept/designs. Hopefully this time is just as good though the theme is trickier. I think the one I'd like the most is having them as their teachers. Ephraim as Duessel, Celica as Nomah, Veronica as Xander, and Hector as Uther (?), and if Marth is in he could be dressed as Gotoh. As long as they're good units and have nice designs though I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

It would be funny if CYL!Hector actually makes a reference about his alts all having Armads and that people are tired of it.

Something like...”I kept hearing these voices telling me over and over not to bring Armads...”, “No more Armads, they said!” 

Knowing IS, they’re totally capable to do that. Only 15 mins left

Fuck... Now I can't pick any of them.

Ephraim has an axe like I hoped, but no horse. I have too many axe/green armors, so he's effectively useless to me. I don't care about the other three, even if Celica does look cute in that classic look in the Echoes art style.

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't expect Celica to have her old design, interesting! Veronica looks (a bit more) grown up and has our first Legendary Staff (and inbuilt Razzle Dazzle), Feh acknowledged the Armads meme and that some people summon on the wrong colours and Ephraim is an armoured unit? Wow!

It looks like every one of them has a unique skill, not just the first place winners. I look forward to the full trailer so we see what the rest of them do!

P.S. It looks like we're not getting Marth, unless he's a surprise cameo in the upcoming trailer. I guess the extra two minutes were just for Forging Bonds after all~

Edited by DefyingFates

So...no Marth, huh? I can't be disappointed since he wasn't deemed one of the winners, but still. As for everyone else, I have NO idea who to pick. Is Hector another armored unit? I mean...I dunno. Will he outperform Reinhardt on my main team? And Ephraim doesn't look as amazing as I'd hoped, honestly. Celica, though, they gave her DEATH BLOW 4. WHAT.

So powercreep DC is here and now we're getting tier 4 skills, eh?

Uhhh...I don't really like how Celica looks here (mainly the Atk pose, too much neck). Er...I'll wait to see if Hector and Celica get more BST before choosing, if they don't then I'll go for Veronica.

Also, I don't like the powercrept Death Blow and DC. These are just asking for trouble.

I'm now thinking of ditching one of my green armors and pick Ephraim anyway. Sheena's pretty useless, I think I'll get rid of her. Either send her home or give her axe to someone since she has killer axe which can become slaying axe.