CYL 2 FEH Channel Announced - Aug 20, 8:30 PM

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

In the trailer it shows that Celica is able to quad despite not using a Brave Sword. Does her B skill give her a Brave effect then?

Celica's B Skill is Double Lion, Alm's Falchion-skill-refinement that gave him essentially a Brave Sword when at full HP in exchange for taking a bit of damage after combat. So yes, Celica's B Skill gives her a Brave effect, though only when she's at full HP.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I was hoping for more than just over powered skills. Very disappointed with Hector, I'm not even sure why he even has Maltet other than Florina being one of his love interest.

I mean why not Rex Hasta?

I was thinking about Rex Hasta too. Maltet is a Binding Blade exclusive lance that can only be obtained on the Ilia route.

Which could be a hint for some shippers. Sorry Lyn, but she cost him a lot of money.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Rex Hasta has no background behind it, it just exists in FE7. Maltet as a Divine Weapon was so powerful it radically changed a continent's climate and wrecked havoc against dragons. Why didn't Lyn get Rienfleche? She never comes within a hundred miles of the Mugalir in FE7.

And I assume there was no theme to this CYL group. Just whatever weapons and designs?

6 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Celica's B Skill is Double Lion, Alm's Falchion-skill-refinement that gave him essentially a Brave Sword when at full HP in exchange for taking a bit of damage after combat. So yes, Celica's B Skill gives her a Brave effect, though only when she's at full HP.

Huh, I knew it let Alm have a guaranteed follow up attack but I didn't know it was a Brave effect. (Probably because I've never fought an Alm fast enough to quad any characters).

Celica sure looks like she'll be scary to face.

Edited by NekoKnight

19 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Huh, I knew it let Alm have a guaranteed follow up attack but I didn't know it was a Brave effect. (Probably because I've never fought an Alm fast enough to quad any characters).

Celica sure looks like she'll be scary to face.

Eh, unless I missed something, unlike Alm she's one-and-done, though that one will ruin someone's day. She doesn't look to be able to heal without support or a special since her weapon doesn't have renewal unlike Falchion and the skill takes her B slot. Maybe not an issue in shorter maps, but still Alm probably does it better.

Does anyone else feel like where last year CYL tried to mitigate meta at least somewhat with Lyns negating map buffs and Ike's deflect, this year just went whole hog on playing into it?

Edited by bottlegnomes

If Eliwood somehow becomes a light magic user, I suppose that wouldn't be the weirdest thing that's happened in Heroes.

It looks like everyone gets a unique skill this time around. Hector looks kind of tempting to me but I think I will just take my free Celica and get out. Anyone else feel like Brave Celica is what Legendary Alm (or any alt of him) could have been? I always imagined Alm getting an alt wielding Royal Sword so it is surprising seeing Celica wielding it instead. Unfortunately this makes all current versions of her red infantry.

@bottlegnomes IDK, I feel like the AI gets more out of Wazzle Dazzle than I do especially if it is an enemy troubadour.

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

IAnyone else feel like Brave Celica is what Legendary Alm (or any alt of him) could have been? I always imagined Alm getting an alt wielding Royal Sword so it is surprising seeing Celica wielding it instead. Unfortunately this makes all current versions of her red infantry.

Yep, I always thought Royal Sword would be saved for Alm and Celica would get Beloved Zofia

But I can take this in the hopes that one day I'll get Regain Celica with Beloved Zofia

A bit disappointed that Hector wasn’t a red armored mage with Forblaze or Apocalypse like I was hoping but this Hector still looks broken as all hell on top of that beautiful artwork. He’ll definitely be the free summon.

Really bummed about Celica. I don’t see why IS felt the need of having her steal Alm’s niche refinement with her B skill and power creep it in the process. Also why use Alm’s weapon instead of doing something with Seraphim or Golden Dagger? Infantry sword is the last thing I need also but I guess it’ll be good free sword users for any new players. Dead last in priority for me.

Ephraim actually looks really cool and I would totally aim for him if I didn’t already have two versions of Hector + Amelia.

Veronica! I’m really excited for her! First staff prf to be on a summonable unit and it actually has a pretty amazing effect. Close Guard is also nifty. Her art looked a bit off but still good. I’ll try my luck on getting her on the banner.

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Eh, unless I missed something, unlike Alm she's one-and-done, though that one will ruin someone's day. She doesn't look to be able to heal without support or a special since her weapon doesn't have renewal unlike Falchion and the skill takes her B slot. Maybe not an issue in shorter maps, but still Alm probably does it better.

Assuming she has the atk stat to reliably use heavy blade, she can probably just run Aether to heal that way. That seems like a more reliable heal than just waiting on renewal to activate every other turn.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Veronica looks very much like Bruno, just some accent changes and the cape color changed

Celica looks like her original version

Epraims looks like his father Fado

Hectors cape at least reminds me of his brother Uther

anyone see differently?

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Yep, I always thought Royal Sword would be saved for Alm and Celica would get Beloved Zofia

But I can take this in the hopes that one day I'll get Regain Celica with Beloved Zofia

Celica already has an alt with Beloved Zofia though...kinda, as a witch anyways. Though really at this point since they are using Royal Sword as Celica's brave alt I am kind of expecting Alm or Celica (preferably Alm) in their overclass as our Legendary Red Bow unit.

Edited by NSSKG151

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That would still leave Apocalypse unclaimed. Lyn again or Nino 3?

Hmm...with Canas out of the competition and both Raigh and Sophia screwed over by launch-tier stats, yes, Nino’s popularity will be enough to get her that tome unless they feel like bringing Niime. 

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Celica already has an alt with Beloved Zofia though...kinda, as a witch anyways. Though really at this point since they are using Royal Sword as Celica's brave alt I am kind of expecting Alm or Celica (preferably Alm) in their overclass as our Legendary Red Bow unit.

But it's not ReGaIn!!

Probably Alm since he canonically uses Bows, I wouldn't mind it~

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If Eliwood somehow becomes a light magic user, I suppose that wouldn't be the weirdest thing that's happened in Heroes.

Out of the 3 FE7 lords, Eliwood is the most magic-inclined. Godly res for a lord and his mother was displayed with a female bishop sprite. Just give him the ceremonial garb he used for the epilogue and he’s good to go. 

28 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I was thinking about Rex Hasta too. Maltet is a Binding Blade exclusive lance that can only be obtained on the Ilia route.

Which could be a hint for some shippers. Sorry Lyn, but she cost him a lot of money.

That was the only connection I could make. I mean there's also Farina, but who pair them together? I mean do

I don't get the Lyn joke.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rex Hasta has no background behind it, it just exists in FE7. Maltet as a Divine Weapon was so powerful it radically changed a continent's climate and wrecked havoc against dragons. Why didn't Lyn get Rienfleche? She never comes within a hundred miles of the Mugalir in FE7.

Yea, but Mulagir is strongly associate with Sacae. Not that I would be complaining if she got Rienfleche. Although she totally should have Rienfleche as her legendary alt.

I figure when Eliwood gets his alt it should be Maltet considering his relationship Ninian regardless if they're lovers or not.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I assume there was no theme to this CYL group. Just whatever weapons and designs?

With the exception of Celica, isn't it supposed to be a sibling theme?

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That was the only connection I could make. I mean there's also Farina, but who pair them together? I mean do

So do I, you aren't alone.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I figure when Eliwood gets his alt it should be Maltet considering his relationship Ninian regardless if they're lovers or not.

Beta FE7 Eliwood might have been a lance lord, I'd be fine with this.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beta FE7 Eliwood might have been a lance lord, I'd be fine with this.

Beta? Does that have to do with his promotion, because that's why I suggest it to begin with.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Fuck, no Marth after all!

So this channel was pretty underwhelming overall.

I was hoping for more than just over powered skills. Very disappointed with Hector, I'm not even sure why he even has Maltet other than Florina being one of his love interest.

Because Rax Hasta is F7 weapon and Hector doesn't use Lance in FE7. That's why I was also calling Malted being his weapon since forever. 

Florina doesn't have any relation to it either, as she doesn't appear in FE6. 

Anyway Will roll colorless and Blue and pick friebie Veronica or Hector based on who I get first. 

Edited by Tenzen12

So I got three predictions right: Gaiden!Celica, otherworldly Veronica, and Garm!Ephraim.

However, the rest I pretty much got wrong. This isn't at all what I had expected, and to be honest I'm not sure I like it. Ephraim feels better than Celica even though he came second in the poll. We're just getting more powerful armors rather than meta counters unlike the first CYL, so this feels like just more of the same. Not helped by the fact that Hector has already gotten two alts this year and they've all been armors.

I've got no blue units I want of a lower rarity so I'll free pick Hector, but I only really want Veronica from this batch. And Death Blow 4 for Reinhardt I guess.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

With the exception of Celica, isn't it supposed to be a sibling theme?

You could still say the theme is people related to the characters. Hector and Veronica is based on their brothers, Ephraim is based on his father and Celica well...she is referencing Alm through Royal Sword instead of art design and they are related as well considering the ending of Gaiden/Echoes?

Edited by NSSKG151

15 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

You could still say the theme is people related to the characters. Hector and Veronica is based on their brothers, Ephraim is based on his father and Celica well...she is referencing Alm through Royal Sword instead of art design and they are related as well considering the ending of Gaiden/Echoes?

That's a pretty loose theme, isn't it? "People using things associated with other things". Ephraim and Hector are dressed like family members but use weapons from different countries. Veronica has the same movement class as her brother and Celica is just herself with her husband's sword...eh.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hmm...with Canas out of the competition and both Raigh and Sophia screwed over by launch-tier stats, yes, Nino’s popularity will be enough to get her that tome unless they feel like bringing Niime. 

Unless they go way left field and bring in youthful Niime because Nino has no real sex appeal

4 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Unless they go way left field and bring in youthful Niime because Nino has no real sex appeal

Older Nino, older Delthea, and older Sanaki banner. PLEASE INTSYS MAKE IT HAPPEN