Bound Hero Battle: Micaiah & Sothe

Ginko

Finally, it's time for Radiant Dawn special map.

Infernal Difficulty (Only)

Units Stat

Micaiah

Spoiler

HP 57

Atk 52

Spd 31

Def 19

Res 41

Sothe

Spoiler

HP 63

Atk 58

Spd 41

Def 19

Res 18

Red Mage

Spoiler

HP 52

Atk 50 

Spd 38

Def 25

Res 34

Green Mage Cav.

Spoiler

HP 45

Atk 53

Spd 31

Def 21

Res 40

Sword Fighter

Spoiler

HP 61

Atk 49

Spd 34

Def 33

Res 24

Lance Fighter

Spoiler

HP 61

Atk 48

Spd 34

Def 33 

Res 24

Edited by Ginko
map photo deleted for more attachment space

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With trench tiles, it's not problem for Roy and Siegbert at all. Easy!!

Even I clear it on first try, I have to think carefully for team positioning. One mistake, if Micaiah reach Roy or Siegbert, it's game over. 

But it's fun for me this time because there are a lot of mages in this map but Shiro still shine his best.

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid @kirauza343 

I hope you all 4 understand me that it's kind of boring for me with those rerun maps so I didn't post my clear and reply to all of you. But for new map I'm active.

As always, enjoy the show ^^

Edited by Ginko

I actually ended up using both versions of Sanaki, normal Micaiah, and Sothe for all three difficulty levels. Thanks to that one lance fighter exclusive to infernal, I actually had a bit of an easier time drawing out the enemies on that mode ... although I'm not 100% sure what happened on my successful clear! I think an earlier failed run had Sothe take two hits and die, whereas in the successful one I don't think that happened. Positioning details, I guess.

Micaiah & Sothe Infernal in one turn:

This wasn't too hard, a little sad I couldn't show off Cherche with her final merge and new skills in action. She would have killed Micaiah too fast and for the first attack I needed a Cav. But there is a surprise: Also Cordelia got her final merge today, with my free pull from the BHB banner! Fittingly she takes care of Sothe. 

The biggest difficulty was to proc GF against Micaiah, I had to bring her below the HP treshold of Guard with some Savage blows. Again only 1 unit to take damage from, the Lance Fighter. 

Clears so far:

Spoiler

LHB - Robin: Fell Vessel

Discussion Link - Video Link

LHB - Lyn: Lady of the Wind

LHB - Ryoma: Surpreme Samurai

LHB - Hector: Marquess of Ostia

LHB - Lucina: Glorious Archer

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican

GHB - Ursula: Blue Crow

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword

GHB - Zephiel: The Liberator

GHB - Xander: Paragon Knight

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf

GHB - Camus: Sable Knight

GHB - Legion: Masked Maniac

GHB - Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark

GHB - Berkut: Prideful Prince

GHB - Valter: Dark Moonstone

GHB - Arvis: Emperor of Flame

GHB - Oliver: Admirer of Beauty

GHB - Lyon: Shadow Prince

GHB - Takumi: Empty Vessel

GHB - Saias: Bishop of Flame

GHB - Kana: Dragon Spawn

GHB - Julius: Scion of Darkness

GHB - Linus: Mad Dog

GHB - Walhart: The Conqueror

BHB - Alm & Celica

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Cecilia & Lilina

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ephraim & Eirika

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ninian & Hawkeye

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Minerva & Maria

BHB - Takumi & Hinoka

BHB - Amelia & Tana

BHB - Raven & Lucius

BHB - Corrin & Azura

BHB - Chrom & Lissa

BHB - Tiki & Nowi

BHB - Seliph & Julia

BHB - Matthew & Hector

Discussion Link - Video Link, Alternate Video Link

BHB - Leo & Elise

BHB - Micaiah & Sothe

@Ginko No problems for your crew, they dance through the trenches. Shiro and Siegbert become mage tanks, but otherwise Siegbert doesn't get much to do. Congrats! 

@Hilda That worked pretty well, even with minimum SI. Sol helped to meet the Breaker requirement.  Congratulations! 

Edited by mampfoid

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Shiro and Siegbert become mage tanks, but otherwise Siegbert doesn't get much to do. Congrats! 

They are not meant to be used that way but I have no choice anyways lol.

Siegbert can get some kill if I want him to, but It won't be fair for Roy who has nothing to do but just walking in Hector's map. So this time I choose to nerve Siegbert >_<

For you team, it's nice combination of 2 Fliers and 2 Horses. Nice use of Savage Blow too. Lastly, congrats for +10 Cordelia.

Edited by Ginko

19 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Siegbert can get some kill if I want him to, but It won't be fair for Roy who has nothing to do but just walking in Hector's map. So this time I choose to nerve Siegbert >_<

Yeah it's always difficult to distribute kills among the team. At least you keep an eye on who needs to get more employment over the maps. ^^ 

20 minutes ago, Ginko said:

For you team, it's nice combination of 2 Fliers and 2 Horses. Nice use of Savage Blow too. Lastly, congrats for +10 Cordelia.

Thanks! She deserved the merges, even if I wanted to keep one copy in reserve for emergency GF fodder. 

I'm really shocked anyone is saying this is easy. This is the hardest BHB in a long time. We don't need another difficulty at all imo. I can't even beat it on lunatic.

Though I think the map is really really bad. Too many walls and trenches that discourage the use of horses. Why does IS seem to hate horses so much? They're strong on maps without those things, but not too strong. And they seem to prefer making new fliers, infantry, and armors over horses.

I prefer using horses, so I'd like maps that don't give them a huge disadvantage like that. I definitely know other players like running horse teams too.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm really shocked anyone is saying this is easy. This is the hardest BHB in a long time. We don't need another difficulty at all imo. I can't even beat it on lunatic.

Though I think the map is really really bad. Too many walls and trenches that discourage the use of horses. Why does IS seem to hate horses so much? They're strong on maps without those things, but not too strong. And they seem to prefer making new fliers, infantry, and armors over horses.

I prefer using horses, so I'd like maps that don't give them a huge disadvantage like that. I definitely know other players like running horse teams too.

I mean I purposefully did it with my horse team since I wanted to give L!Ephraim some more HM and the trenches just weren't really a problem. The AI is just too easy to manipulate and take out one by one. I'd hate to see how easy it is to bring a flying team or an infantry team. Even armoured wouldn't be overly hard, Micaiah struggles against the three Hectors and Grima. What team were you trying? I had Galeforce L!Ephraim, Siegbert, Gunnthra and a dancer. 

2 minutes ago, Noir said:

I mean I purposefully did it with my horse team since I wanted to give L!Ephraim some more HM and the trenches just weren't really a problem. The AI is just too easy to manipulate and take out one by one. I'd hate to see how easy it is to bring a flying team or an infantry team. Even armoured wouldn't be overly hard, Micaiah struggles against the three Hectors and Grima. What team were you trying? I had Galeforce L!Ephraim, Siegbert, Gunnthra and a dancer. 

Manipulating the AI? People still think that can be done? I've never found any way to actually do this. There are too many variables. Enemies will move differently at the slightest stat or skill difference.

And if manipulating AI was a thing and is easy, how would a new difficulty help that? Higher difficulties just improve stats and skills, not the actual AI.

Anyway, my horse team is Frederick, legend Ephraim, Reinhardt, and Sigurd. But the trenches and walls prevent me from doing much at all with them.

@mampfoid Wow, this went quite smoothly for you. I thought for sure the pillars would cause some headaches but I guess not. Congrats!

This BHB was surprisingly easier than I thought it was going to be. Pillars are fine but I always dread trenches but luckily that didn't really pose a problem. Camus need the Distant Defense 3 seal to survive the green mage cavalier but other than that, things went pretty smoothly.

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

Wow, this went quite smoothly for you. I thought for sure the pillars would cause some headaches but I guess not. Congrats!

Thanks!

Pillars and trenches were no big deal here. If it's possible to reach 1 opponent, then the rest can beam in via WoM. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

This BHB was surprisingly easier than I thought it was going to be.

Not much to do for Roy, but nice idea to go against WTA with Camus to charge his special for a Vantage trap. Congrats! 

Edited by mampfoid

I went with Fliers on this (NY!Azura/Caeda/Cherche/Summer Camilla). Careful positioning was definitely key here, as I wanted to isolate the green cavalier mage as my last kill. Caeda was good for tanking ranged magic after a quick swap to the DD3 seal, and she had enough muscle to dispatch Sothe and the red cavalier mage (DC equipped on A).

I threw my Tempest Trials team at the map. They beat it on the first try.

+8 Masked Marth [=] (Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Speed +3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live to Serve 3) [Wind]

Legendary Lyn tanked the first turn, surviving with 2 HP remaining, killing Sothe and the green knight and leaving Micaiah at 1 HP due to Miracle. Lucina snipes the red mage and sword fighter, and Lyn takes out the lance fighter after it is weakened by a Marth bait. Bride Lyn only needs to be a warm body to activate Laws of Sacae on the first turn.

I can also switch things up and leave the red mage to Lyn, too, letting Lucina take both of the melee units instead.

Lyn is pretty amazing at shutting down ranged units. I kind of want to sacrifice my spare Lucina to Bride Lyn for another stack of Distant Guard, but I'll wait until I get more copies.

I used PM1's f2p video to cheese this and it went smoothly even with my units having merges and different IVs.  I will have 40 orbs for the CYL banner tomorrow which is good, I just hope I am able to get both guys.

Holy cow, was it just me or was the Infernal Map even EASIER than the Lunatic for once? That extra lancer only made things easier for me to take advantage of the AI with my Flier Emblem team.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+8 Masked Marth [=] (Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Speed +3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live to Serve 3) [Wind]

... Damn you! A +10 Legendary LUCINA?! 

@mcsilas @mampfoid 

Here's my clear with the Takusquad:

Didn't take too long to figure out once more. I feel like BHB are generally easier than the current LHB. Or maybe that's just because of the lack of annoying reinforcements. Skadikumi being so tanky helped me out once again. I was really happy I managed to give Sakura the finishing blow against Micaiah's sky-high Res here. Girl is coming along nicely, even if she still has ways to go before hitting +10.

Edited by Nanima

That was ... really easy! Idk why some Infernal ones murder me and others are like 2-3 times to figure it out. I didn't feel AS accomplished beating it though, because it was so easy, but hey, orbs are orbs, so you won't hear ME complaining.

This one was my newly merged Joshua (+2), and then my classics of PA!Azura, M!Robin and B!Ike. And they all contributed, M!Robin taking out the bulk and surviving on literally 1HP.

@Ginko I was a little concerned between all the mages (especially Micaiah) and trench tiles, but your team got it done! Great job with your Shiro tanking that mage; his speed always surprises me.

@Hilda A+ music choice first of all. Second of all, great Askr trio clear! It's always nice to see them making even infernal content look easy.

@mampfoid I wondered how you going to manage between the trench tiles and Micaiah's guard/miracle and I gotta say savage blowing her health below that threshold was a brilliant way to deal with that. I'm curious though how this would've been affected if Micaiah's miracle started just one charge lower.

@riccochet Very nice theme clear (even if it does hurt my heart a little). Soren shrugged off so much, I can tell you've put a lot of work into him.

@Nanima Great Takumi+Sakura team! Fallen Takumi's bulk is truly impressive, and awesome job getting Sakura to finish the job.

I actually really disliked the lance fighter here, mainly because he threw off my initial plan from lunatic thanks to his skillset and positioning. Took a wee bit of skill inheritance (including New Years Corrin for Spur Def/Res 2 on Micaiah but I'm okay with that since I'll never use him, there's nothing else I would've really wanted from him, and it's a skill I'm sure I'll use again in the future), but ultimately I'm happy with how it turned out

The first time I cleared it Marisa was the one to take out Micaiah, but I wanted to find a way for Micaiah to be the one to do it. It actually worked out a bit better this way since I ended up avoiding Micaiah's Miracle (thanks for doing the hard work for me haha).

Sothe was terrifying.

Did it with (strikethrough indicates it doesn't matter/ended up a non-factor):

Fjorm (+Spd/-Res) +1, Base kit + Reposition and Distant Def 3 seal 

Regular Nino (+Atk/-Def), Gronnblade+/Draw Back/Iceburg/Darting Blow 3/Desperation 3/Hone Atk 3/Flashing Blade 3 seal

Yukata Micaiah (+Def/-Spd), base kit with WoM instead of Fireflood, Iceburg, and Quick Riposte 3 seal

Priscilla (+Spd/-HP), Dazzling Pain +, Rehabilitate +, Imbue, Speed + 3, Live to Serve 2, and double Savage Blow 3

Turn 1: The starting positions, from left to right are Fjorm, Nino, Micaiah, Priscilla.  Nino moves to attack the lance guy, gets danced by Micaiah and moves back where she started.  Priscilla moves to Micaiah's old spot.  Nino has to not kill the lance guy so Micaiah will use Sacrifice on him and bring herself to 1 HP.

Turn 2: Nino uses draw back to bring Priscilla onto the trench.  Fjorm moves to where Nino had just stood, then Micaiah to where Fjorm was.  Micaiah should kill the cav on EP.

Turn 3: Fjorm attacks the FS sword, then Micaiah attacks and kills him from directly below Fjorm.  Priscilla moves left of Nino out of Sothe's range (he's since been separated from the rest of the enemies, being on the right while everyone else is near the middle).

Turn 4: Priscilla attacks Sothe from the square southeast of the lowermost trench, then Nino kills him with Iceburg from said trench.  Micaiah kills Micaiah, from the position where Fjorm started.  Fjorm repositions Micaiah from where Nino started, and gets attacked by the red mage on EP.

Turn 5: Fjorm kills the red mage who attacked her last turn, then Nino attacks lance guy, gets danced by Micaiah, and kills Lance guy.