Bound Hero Battle: Micaiah & Sothe

Ginko

@mampfoid Nice as always! It was interesting to not let Cherche see some action but then again she'll be more useful for extra hard content. 

- - -

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

Man, college just started so I won't be able to post these early like I used to (unless one of these maps comes on a Friday/Saturday). Anyways, this was a blind clear as you can see by the ! in the map.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@Ginko I was a little concerned between all the mages (especially Micaiah) and trench tiles, but your team got it done! Great job with your Shiro tanking that mage; his speed always surprises me.

@Hilda A+ music choice first of all. Second of all, great Askr trio clear! It's always nice to see them making even infernal content look easy.

@mampfoid I wondered how you going to manage between the trench tiles and Micaiah's guard/miracle and I gotta say savage blowing her health below that threshold was a brilliant way to deal with that. I'm curious though how this would've been affected if Micaiah's miracle started just one charge lower.

@riccochet Very nice theme clear (even if it does hurt my heart a little). Soren shrugged off so much, I can tell you've put a lot of work into him.

@Nanima Great Takumi+Sakura team! Fallen Takumi's bulk is truly impressive, and awesome job getting Sakura to finish the job.

I actually really disliked the lance fighter here, mainly because he threw off my initial plan from lunatic thanks to his skillset and positioning. Took a wee bit of skill inheritance (including New Years Corrin for Spur Def/Res 2 on Micaiah but I'm okay with that since I'll never use him, there's nothing else I would've really wanted from him, and it's a skill I'm sure I'll use again in the future), but ultimately I'm happy with how it turned out

The first time I cleared it Marisa was the one to take out Micaiah, but I wanted to find a way for Micaiah to be the one to do it. It actually worked out a bit better this way since I ended up avoiding Micaiah's Miracle (thanks for doing the hard work for me haha).

Soren is my first completed merge project. So yeah you can say I put a lot of work on him. Without his Chill Res, miracle wouldn't have activated and it would have taken another two hits.

Wow, this one was indeed pretty easy. Beat Infernal with my usual Horse team Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/BLyn. Basically OHKOing everyone while making good use of Reposition. Cecilia also managed to tank two Micaiah hits. Pretty impressive.

14 hours ago, Hilda said:

Well here it is. Aksr trio vs Micaiah. Little SI used, no crazy skills used or so.

Ahhh, that was satisfying to watch, if only because you show that the AT is plenty viable.

Also, those music tracks.  Shazam refuses to recognize them.  My soul cannot rest until I know!

Beat it with Ike, Soren, Oscar, and F!Grima, my main Earth team.  Took a few tries, but it didn't take me long.  I wouldn't mind higher difficulties on these- need more challenges!  Infernal was almost easier than the previous level thanks to that lance fighter, like others have said.

Hard and Lunatic cleared with M!Robin, Lancina, Canas and Sonya.

Infernal cleared with armours: LALyn, Hunktor, Tharmas and Vamp Henry. For this clear, took Lyn on the far right to take out Sothe and the red mage, pulled her back and pushed Henry and Hunktor up to tank Michiah (who Hunktor 1-shots) and the green mage, then have Henry beat the lance unit while Lyn pulls back up to kill the sword infantry, ending the map.

Man this took longer than most of you, I kind of ragequit when Sothe fucked up M!Robin's day.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you have any hard evidence to support this?

The article I linked describes that.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, okay. I'd rather read an article than spend time recording videos anyway. Thanks.

Same! I usually find reading to be a more productive use of my time when it comes to things like that, since it's easy to find the information I want. Videos aren't always the best at conveying the specifics of a rule.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice strategy. I didn't try to replicate that, but wouldn't be a healer like Lissa with dazzling refinement (but without Wrathful) instead of Genny enough? Wrazzle/Dazzle is still rare, even with the addition of Maribelle. 

Glad you liked it! (just tell me if you want a tag next time)

The trench above starting position #2 would have been truly evil if moved 1 tile up and 1 right.

Thanks! Actually, yes, with some minor tweaking to the strategy, it can be done with just a Dazzling Refine, no Wrathful Staff needed. Turns out that Fjorm can just tank and kill both Micaiah and the green cav mage on turn 3, which makes the process simpler.

Edit: I updated the strategy to remove the use of Wrathful Staff, so now there's just the Dazzling refine. No Razzle Dazzle needed! That should be make it even more accessible. Oh, and feel free to tag me.

Edited by Astellius

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Nice as usual! It's always interesting to see full PP clears on this maps, since I usually end up just having Camilla absorb half the units on enemy phase instead. (which is exactly what happened again this time)

Thanks! PP is usually my first choice, as ranged units would mean to bring also a ranged unit or at least a DC unit to kill on EP. And it's more fun on PP. 

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

And congrats on Cordelia! Now that she and Cherche are maxed out, you just need them to rerun CYL1 to get some more Roy copies.

Thanks again, it was about time I finish both. 

Yeah, I really miss the CYL1 banner today. Hopefully they'll rerun the banner on its first anniversary. 

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Nice as always! It was interesting to not let Cherche see some action but then again she'll be more useful for extra hard content. 

Thank you. I really wanted to let Cherche participate more, but it wasn't possible this time. 

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Man, college just started so I won't be able to post these early like I used to (unless one of these maps comes on a Friday/Saturday). Anyways, this was a blind clear as you can see by the ! in the map.

Then let this be a good college year for you, good luck! 

Your clear was pretty good, I wouldn't have noticed it was a blind clear. Sothe and Micaiah aren't used to deal so few damage, that wasn't too hard for Eirika. Congrats! 

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid Interesting. We did basically the exact same thing again, right down to the use of Savage Blow to circumvent Guard.

Yeah, the map design doesn't allow many alternatives. Perhaps two: You could quad Micaiah with HB on A and QP on S. My only HB unit is Cherche who would have killed her too fast. The other way would have been to involve DC, but that's more your specialty. 

Interesting choice with Azura, even if her sing wasn't needed. 

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

More "apply buffs and wait for Caeda to win" shenanigans:

I wonder if it would have been possible for you to take the same route if Sothe attacked first, AI is strange. The rest was no big deal for your Caeda (like you wrote: buff her and win), congratulations! 

6 hours ago, Astellius said:

Edit: I updated the strategy to remove the use of Wrathful Staff, so now there's just the Dazzling refine. No Razzle Dazzle needed! That should be make it even more accessible. Oh, and feel free to tag me.

Cool, I guess that makes it pretty useful for others. 

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The Team is complete: Veronica finally joins the Askr Trio in their quest to stop Muspell and find Bruno!

Free Veronica? Good choice. 

Also good usage of her new special, +6 ATK will be useful in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Only skill inheritance used: swap on Alfonse and swap on Anna.

You mean Swap on Alfonse and Sharena? Those close tunnels really cry for that skill. 

@mampfoid@LordFrigid It's interesting how you guys came up with nearly identical strategies using completely different units! It's also cool to see Azura be so offensively competent! I'm used to dancers not being great fighters, and I'm often reluctant to let my Azura get attacked if I can avoid it. It looks like I should try letting her flex her muscle more, though!

@riccochet Cool idea with the themed clear! Seeing Micaiah and Sothe get taken down effortlessly by the Greil Mercenaries is certainly true to the source material! I love Radiant Dawn, despite all of it's balance issues.

For my clear, I finally made use of all of the supports I've been building (Julia and Morgan haven't reached S yet, but they will eventually). Spur and Drive skills could have achieved the same effect, to be fair, but I liked how everything fell into place here. Morgan doesn't get to do much besides give Julia the speed she needed to double the Green Cavalier, but let's just pretend that she's doing tactician things and telling everyone where to go from atop her pegasus.

15 minutes ago, Radiant Dragon said:

@mampfoid@LordFrigid It's interesting how you guys came up with nearly identical strategies using completely different units!

Well, the map layout doesn't allow much variance. We could have tried to proc Galeforce against Micaiah with a Brave/Heavy Blade/QP unit or to kill some of the units on EP. Problem is to proc Galeforce and take damage at the same time to allow the other units to beam in via WoM. Too many ranged units here (not to speak of Firesweep nonsense). 

18 minutes ago, Radiant Dragon said:

For my clear, I finally made use of all of the supports I've been building (Julia and Morgan haven't reached S yet, but they will eventually).

Nice support show-case. Julia is pretty rare (especially SPD stacked) in these clears (and absent in my roster), a welcome change. 

This map wasn't too hard. My brave bow Gordin could one shot most of the map and Julius could tank all the mages the map. A dancer to support Gordin and Siegbert to steamroll whoever was nearby made this a easy finish.

I did have to do a little dance to have Julius avoid the lance unit, but it was still not very threatening.

@Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents-   @Ginko  @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @Poimagic @eclipse

Team is +Def/-Spd Sanaki, +HP/-Spd Brave Ike, +Spd/-Atk Ike and neutral NY!Azura (pretend she's a flying Heron dancer)

Music is In Spite of One's Age ~Ver Immortal~from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match soundtrack

Used classic Ike so he gets more spotlight again, plus with Fury his Def/Res is basically L!Ike's stats anyway. Plus he has 1 more HP and is a lot speedier with his boon and Fury. Distant Defense is so Micaiah's AI would go left to target Sanaki instead.

Airzura had to tank a few hits, and Close Def is so she doesn't lose too much health since the green mage targets her. Also lucky the green cav blocked Micaiah from targeting Ike! B!Ike was mostly baiting the red mage at the start but then stepped up to defend the team when I was being cornered. Sanaki also did well to hang on with 1 HP.

---

@NanimaNice use of a tanky angry Takumi there! Sakura's Physic is useful for tight map spaces like these

@mampfoid I like how Oscar was used in a Tellius BHB. Nice use of Savage blow, a very clean clear!

@Ginko Great clear, your team just works really well. Trenches are no problem if Roy can target at range.

@mcsilas Impressive clear! Looks like we both had some close calls on this map. Getting cornered also made things more suspensful to watch, and your units work it out nicely.

It's also nice to see classic Ike here, since most people have him replaced by his Legendary.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid I like how Oscar was used in a Tellius BHB. Nice use of Savage blow, a very clean clear!

Thanks! Bringing Oscar was coincidental, he was the only one able to reach the Lance, kill him and to take enough damage in the process. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Def/-Spd Sanaki, +HP/-Spd Brave Ike, +Spd/-Atk Ike and neutral NY!Azura (pretend she's a flying Heron dancer)

Nice clear, fitting theme. I like the music (could listen to it at home this time), the track matches the pace of your clear. 

Most of your team gets their HP pretty low, big retreat until Brave Ike gets to do his work. Trenches and map design helped to delay the mage Cav enough, smart AI manipulation from the start. 

Congrats! 

@mcsilas How can Ike survive that turn? Lance and Micaiah should kill him!! GG anyways and sorry that's I didn't comment on your clear for a long time. Nice that you use Path of Radiance Ike again. Mine run Steady Breath but still can't find any good chance for him.

@Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 and special guest for this clear @Rezzy

Last time that I use Tellius team was Legendary Ryoma and I think this map is a good chance for them to shine again. But this time is different, where is Azura?

Cheers ^^

Edited by Ginko

@Ginko Wow, I guess we are seeing some favorites of yours. Cool Telius team.

That trap you laid out on turn 2 was crucial, you had three perfect matchups at once. Only OG Micaiah would need QR instead of Brash Assault to kill the red mage directly. I guess you let him live one last round to apply Peshkatz' Buffs/Debuffs before Sothes mirror showdown? 

Ike showed no mercy to Micaiah and Sothe to himself. The rest was cleanup, Congratulations! 

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I guess you let him live one last round to apply Peshkatz' Buffs/Debuffs before Sothes mirror showdown? 

Yep, Sothe will not survive without his debuff and support bond with OG Micaiah.

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

@mcsilas How can Ike survive that turn? Lance and Micaiah should kill him!! GG anyways and sorry that's I didn't comment on your clear for a long time. Nice that you use Path of Radiance Ike again. Mine run Steady Breath but still can't find any good chance for him.

@Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 and special quest for this clear @Rezzy

Last time that I use Tellius team was Legendary Ryoma and I think this map is a good chance for them to shine again. But this time is different, where is Azura?

Cheers ^^

Nice to see Sothe's harem in action.  Not only does Sothe have his two girlfriends but also the father of his children.

@mampfoid @Zeo @mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria

Yay! For once I’m doing this in a timely fashion.

Ok before I continue, let me impart some quick backstory to this first clear. So I saw the map, looked like a pain (especially that Micaiah and Green Mage Cav), my first thought was I should use Odin with an AoE special to deal the most damage to everyone and go from there. Priscilla would have to be benched in exchange for a dancer but I was interested enough to see how to things would turn out that I did so anyway. Before that though I figured I should do a test run to see if Odin could even survive a round of combat to pull it off. Otherwise it would just be time wasted sp grinding for skills and...

This has been the fastest clear I have ever done. Even faster than any clear back when I didn’t include animations.

Now obviously that wasn’t the original test run since I don’t record blind but gosh do I wish I had decided to that this time around.

Once I saw that Odin took care of everyone sans Firesweep Sword on the first turn I just blankly stared at the screen for few minutes to process what just happened. Heck, I had two redo my first recording of this because I did that again in the middle of it.

The only thing that changed between this and the test run was swapping of Spur Spd on Air Ninian to Drive Atk for I guess a smoother clear.

Funny enough, the lack of the infernal enemy in lunatic makes this strategy impossible and lead to me having to find a different way of doing it.

With my curiosity out of the way, I decided to go back and do this with Priscilla back on board. Special Guest Lector stays because Ostia’s Pulse is what helps Astra activate at just the right moment. The map proved to still not be very difficult and the only thing stopping this from being an Odin solo is lack of Drag Back on Marth. Still found it fun to record though and Lector gets a chance to show off his sweet axe spinning animation.

I really have no excuse to this third clear. I just dug up this old team of mine which was the team I used to heavily rely on for just about everything. GHBs, Tempest, Chain Challenges, Arena, etc., and well basically, I just wanted to see how they would be able to handle some of the newer content since they’ve stopped seeing regular use from me (as a team anyway). If you really want to stretch it could kinda be a themed clear of people that belonged to their own independent groups (Lyndis’s Legion/Greil Mercenaries/unnamed band of thieves/ The Deliverance/ Dawn Brigade).

Anyway, this was the most head-scratching clear of the bunch. Ike and Lyn hold the Western side of the map no problem but the East was a bit troublesome with both the big bads coming over to that side.

The first order of business was to adjust Camus’s and Niles’s positionals in a way that lets Camus bypass the trenches.

Next although not immediately obvious, it was necessary to take off atk/res bond on Niles and get rid of his support with Camus. By doing this he is able to reach the exact hp threshold needed to activate Escape Route 3. Niles also needs spd +3 to be able to double the mage cav. This lets him save Camus from a certain demise at the hands of Micaiah.

Camus needs Triangle Adept and Distant Defense to keep his Daggerbreaker active. He also needed a low cooldown special (I had him inherit moonbow before realizing he already had glimmer learned, oh well) to deal with Sothe. Everything after that was peaches and gravy.

——————————

@mcsilas I thought you had left Ike for dead when I saw you leave him in Micaiah’s range but then the mage cave attacking Heron!Azura first and blocking Micaiah was so out of the left field. And then later when Sanaki and Ike are brought down to 1hp meanwhile Azura is pretty low herself within the same turn was pretty intense. You’re team sure impressed by being able to turn the tables despite being seemingly cornered.

@mampfoid Wow. Those trenches and pillars might as well not be there. All you really needed was the reposition and voila! problem solved. I’m sure you’ll get plenty of opportunities to use Cherche in future clears so don’t let this one let you down.