Bound Hero Battle: Micaiah & Sothe

Ginko

So, I'm just going to say making cavs have to face this map is a dick move. The map's the real villain on this one and if it's supposed to emulate ledges, I don't think it quite works..

Askrtrio and Fjorm cleared pretty decently, with Fjorm only needing QR to deal with Sothe. Positioning was a pain to resolve, but that was the only real issue.

Cav cleared with Titantine, Mathilda, Walhart and SummerLinde. Titania with Hone Cav just takes out the west end, Michiah gets 1-shot by Walhart and the only real issue is ensuring that Sothe dies as he alone takes out most of these units, but I got it sorted out.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got two free male Grimas this year from tickets, so I had to do something with them (especially since also F!Grima came from a free pull): 

Triple Ward dragons and Spur/Drive/Rally SPD to tank Sothe (if Grima was too slow, the mage attacked). Harsh command to deal enough damage to the red mage (M!Grima deals a 100% blow later).

Wow armors are slugs ... I'm happy F!Grima could bring Guidance. 

@mcsilas (headmaster of themed clears) 

@Azuris (didn't see you in the chat for a while) 

@DLNarshen & @Some Jerk (finally I'm bringing my own F!Grima too)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

On 6.3.2019 at 1:34 AM, Landmaster said:

First, the long awaited return of the Dancers~

Finally some dancer action! Sorry it took me so long (no tags?).

I liked the opening with Lene tanking (like a champ, like always) and then everybody beams away ("regroup!"). Nice way to get Micaiah out of the bunch being baited by Minzura. 

Didn't know your Silvia was already +3, good luck getting further copies. 

On 6.3.2019 at 1:34 AM, Landmaster said:

Fates Imoutos didn't have too much trouble, but it did take some attempts~

Was curious who would give the tank for the opening, very surprising that Sakura could eat Sothe's hit. And in the end end she almost tanks everyone in this map. Toasty kitty-tank! 

Congrats! 

8 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Cool clear!  I definitely got to try something like that now that I have at least two units with Ward Dragons (and not a single Ward Flier...). 

Thanks! 

How don't you have Shigure? Also no Minerva/NY!Camilla?

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! 

How don't you have Shigure? Also no Minerva/NY!Camilla?

Most of 2018 I pulled nothing but colorless, leaving little opportunity.  I've actually tried pulling for Minerva a number of times, but have had little luck.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, I got two free male Grimas this year from tickets, so I had to do something with them (especially since also F!Grima came from a free pull): 

Triple Ward dragons and Spur/Drive/Rally SPD to tank Sothe (if Grima was too slow, the mage attacked). Harsh command to deal enough damage to the red mage (M!Grima deals a 100% blow later).

Wow armors are slugs ... I'm happy F!Grima could bring Guidance. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Finally some dancer action! Sorry it took me so long (no tags?).

I liked the opening with Lene tanking (like a champ, like always) and then everybody beams away ("regroup!"). Nice way to get Micaiah out of the bunch being baited by Minzura. 

Didn't know your Silvia was already +3, good luck getting further copies. 

Was curious who would give the tank for the opening, very surprising that Sakura could eat Sothe's hit. And in the end end she almost tanks everyone in this map. Toasty kitty-tank! 

Congrats! 

F!Grima carrying around her M!Grima harem to do work was awesome~ Loved the Harsh Command, too! That's some Ward Stacking~ Really nice Grima Emblem, even with low invested M!Grimas~

OOF, I don't usually tag because I don't usually do anything all that interesting, but I can tag you since you're usually asleep when I post stuff~

Tried for a final Keaton, got 5* Silvia instead, so a nice free merge~ I have a good few manuals, too, so once I get some feathers, she'll be close to +10~

Def Stacking and her own Rogue Dagger buffs did wonders for Kitty Sakura~ Very TOASTY~

@mampfoid Wow that's a lot of Grimas...that puts my Grima Emblem clears to shame since they are all actual Grimas :P. Yes female Grima's Guidance really helps ferry her male counterpart, and I love the use of Harsh Command. Triple Ward Dragons is also funny.

@Landmaster Lolizura puts in some work once again! Always astonishing to see how effective she can be with her weapon. Lene getting 1 damage from Firesweep is funny but then the enemy cheated with Poison Strike which was annoying. Love the warping around as well to retreat. Silvia's Restanking was also great to see. Love the Dancer's Ring healing Lene as well.

Also well done on the Rogue Dagger use in the second clear! Halloween Sakura going to 1 HP was scary. The way Dagger Elise held her dagge was also funny.

@daisy jane @Azuris @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Ginko

A bit late but even if this map's a nice break from the LHB, I did see this as a chance to get a few themed ideas out of the way.

First is a Black Knight Emblem team.

Team is neutral Camus, +HP/-Res Ares, +Atk/-Spd Zelgius and neutral Black Knight

Bk and Helmetless BK is obvious, Ares's title is the Black Knight and Camus is the Sable Knight, which also means Black Knight,

Music is Against the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

-This was actually took me a while because hah, 3 reds against a Micaiah map and all weak to Thani? Also for the longest time I tried to clear this with an unpromotoed Ares since i didn't have a good boon yet, but decided, Ares is rare for me I might as well upgrade him. And boy, did that turn out well, since even without +Atk he is a really great unit. Giving Hone Cav to him to boost Camus also helped massively, since Camus's unbuffed Spd wasn't enough to double Micaiah.

-Speaking of, initially I was banking on Camus's Grani's Shield to help me against Micaiah but in the end, using Camus to attack player phase was the key.

-Been a while since I used BK since his HM maxed out, but Vantage Black Luna is always satisfying to use. He also needed Darting Stance and Drive Spd support from his helmetless self so Sothe will attack instead of the red mage. Also, Zelgius's Warp Powder Swap shenanigans really make life easy when using 2 red armours against a Micaiah map...

-Actually, that Fury Red Mage was the real final boss for this team, as he would always survive any of BK's attacks (even Black Luna), and it was only with the help of Ares's Hone Cav that Camus could deal with him with a timed Bonfire attack.

-----

Next is a Brand Emblem clear.

Team is +HP/-Res Summer Micaiah, +Spd 4* Soren +2,  neutral Black Knight and +Atk/-Spd Zelgius.

Music is Zelgius the Brave from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Ignore the fact that Soren is unpromoted and doesn't have the Wind's Brand, and that I never summoned a normal Micaiah. Tellius players who finished the game will probably understand the Brand theme more.

-Soren was a cheaply built unit that I refused to promote back before his refine was created since he was a lesser Nino, but he did have some cheap skills like Blade tome and Lancebrekaer for AA back then, it's a good thing they were perfect for this run though against the Aegis Lancer.

-The BK duo also put in some work here. This time Zelgius was the one that needed to bait and received some Res support from his more armoured self to weaken the red mage.

-I tried making Summer Micaiah finish enemy Micaiah off but she needed Drive Atk support from someone to even do 1 damage against that high Res and WTD, and I really needed all the seals from the others. (Also lower-charged Miracle is a pain)

------

Now for some rulers in the Tellius series!

Team is +HP/-Def Sanaki, +Atk Elincia +1, +Def/-Res Tibarn and neutral Naesala.

Music is King of the Sky (Tibarn's Battle Theme) from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-So all of these units are rulers in Tellius countries I even gave them crown accessories. The beasts show how beastly they are with the 3 movement. (It's like cavalry but without the trench weakness!)

-Elincia could've finished the lancer by herself after getting Desperation active (Quad Luna is amazing), but I needed Tibarn to attack first with Sturdy Impact, so he could proc Galeforce and deal with Sothe ASAP.

-Sanaki needed Atk/Spd Bond to double the green cavalry. Also Idunn's accessory looks great for a flame mage like her.

----

Finally, a Radiant Dawn clear of units who you could use when you're in the Dawn Brigade part of the story (Act 1 of Radiant Dawn)

Team is +Spd/-Def Summer Micaiah, +Atk/-Def Sothe, neutral Nailah and neutral Black Knight. All units you use in Act 1/The Dawn Brigade portion of FE10.

Music is March from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

-Again try and ignore my lack of blue Micaiah but dancer support is really great with Sothe. Also got to flex Nailah a bit, showing how her Null C-disrupt laughs at the Firesweep swordie.

-Mostly a clear where I had to use Swap strategies precisely, especially with dealing with the BK. Sothe's Peshkatz buffs/debuffs were also key to dealing with his other self.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

@mcsilas lol these were amazing clears.  i love themed ones too
I hear you in refusing to do stuff for the 'knock off unit" ;) (poor soren)

Funny thing, i was actually thinking of promoting him this week for the clear for having more Res than Nino (and Chill Atk tome is nice) but then Lugh’s stats came out and powercreeped him even further so he is pushed further back. While i appreciate his role in his games, I’m neutral to him as a character so no hurry.

also i forgot to tag @Alexmender

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Lolizura puts in some work once again! Always astonishing to see how effective she can be with her weapon. Lene getting 1 damage from Firesweep is funny but then the enemy cheated with Poison Strike which was annoying. Love the warping around as well to retreat. Silvia's Restanking was also great to see. Love the Dancer's Ring healing Lene as well.

Also well done on the Rogue Dagger use in the second clear! Halloween Sakura going to 1 HP was scary. The way Dagger Elise held her dagge was also funny.

A bit late but even if this map's a nice break from the LHB, I did see this as a chance to get a few themed ideas out of the way.

First is a Black Knight Emblem team.

Team is neutral Camus, +HP/-Res Ares, +Atk/-Spd Zelgius and neutral Black Knight

Bk and Helmetless BK is obvious, Ares's title is the Black Knight and Camus is the Sable Knight, which also means Black Knight,

Music is Against the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

-This was actually took me a while because hah, 3 reds against a Micaiah map and all weak to Thani? Also for the longest time I tried to clear this with an unpromotoed Ares since i didn't have a good boon yet, but decided, Ares is rare for me I might as well upgrade him. And boy, did that turn out well, since even without +Atk he is a really great unit. Giving Hone Cav to him to boost Camus also helped massively, since Camus's unbuffed Spd wasn't enough to double Micaiah.

-Speaking of, initially I was banking on Camus's Grani's Shield to help me against Micaiah but in the end, using Camus to attack player phase was the key.

-Been a while since I used BK since his HM maxed out, but Vantage Black Luna is always satisfying to use. He also needed Darting Stance and Drive Spd support from his helmetless self so Sothe will attack instead of the red mage. Also, Zelgius's Warp Powder Swap shenanigans really make life easy when using 2 red armours against a Micaiah map...

-Actually, that Fury Red Mage was the real final boss for this team, as he would always survive any of BK's attacks (even Black Luna), and it was only with the help of Ares's Hone Cav that Camus could deal with him with a timed Bonfire attack.

-----

Next is a Brand Emblem clear.

Team is +HP/-Res Summer Micaiah, +Spd 4* Soren +2,  neutral Black Knight and +Atk/-Spd Zelgius.

Music is Zelgius the Brave from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Ignore the fact that Soren is unpromoted and doesn't have the Wind's Brand, and that I never summoned a normal Micaiah. Tellius players who finished the game will probably understand the Brand theme more.

-Soren was a cheaply built unit that I refused to promote back before his refine was created since he was a lesser Nino, but he did have some cheap skills like Blade tome and Lancebrekaer for AA back then, it's a good thing they were perfect for this run though against the Aegis Lancer.

-The BK duo also put in some work here. This time Zelgius was the one that needed to bait and received some Res support from his more armoured self to weaken the red mage.

-I tried making Summer Micaiah finish enemy Micaiah off but she needed Drive Atk support from someone to even do 1 damage against that high Res and WTD, and I really needed all the seals from the others. (Also lower-charged Miracle is a pain)

------

Now for some rulers in the Tellius series!

Team is +HP/-Def Sanaki, +Atk Elincia +1, +Def/-Res Tibarn and neutral Naesala.

Music is King of the Sky (Tibarn's Battle Theme) from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-So all of these units are rulers in Tellius countries I even gave them crown accessories. The beasts show how beastly they are with the 3 movement. (It's like cavalry but without the trench weakness!)

-Elincia could've finished the lancer by herself after getting Desperation active (Quad Luna is amazing), but I needed Tibarn to attack first with Sturdy Impact, so he could proc Galeforce and deal with Sothe ASAP.

-Sanaki needed Atk/Spd Bond to double the green cavalry. Also Idunn's accessory looks great for a flame mage like her.

----

Finally, a Radiant Dawn clear of units who you could use when you're in the Dawn Brigade part of the story (Act 1 of Radiant Dawn)

Team is +Spd/-Def Summer Micaiah, +Atk/-Def Sothe, neutral Nailah and neutral Black Knight. All units you use in Act 1/The Dawn Brigade portion of FE10.

Music is March from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

-Again try and ignore my lack of blue Micaiah but dancer support is really great with Sothe. Also got to flex Nailah a bit, showing how her Null C-disrupt laughs at the Firesweep swordie.

-Mostly a clear where I had to use Swap strategies precisely, especially with dealing with the BK. Sothe's Peshkatz buffs/debuffs were also key to dealing with his other self.

The warping to retreat was fun, I'm glad it worked out~ Most of the Daggers look funny on Elise, haha~

For your clears:

"Understood!" Emblem was great~ Interesting seeing as they’re all units Micaiah can destroy, but they had no problem dealing with her. Armors took care of the right and the ponies blew everyone on the left away~ Very nice theme~

Was interesting, three Reds again~ Gronnblade Soren is really cool~ Zelgius got more action this time~ I thought it was funny he said “I’ll keep you alive” while throwing 4* Soren to fight a Red unit, but he handled it just fine~ Vantage Black Lunas are always fun to use. It came really close at the end there but those Black Lunas sealed the deal~ Nice work~

Aww the crowns are so cute!~ Sanaki put in so much work~ Tibarn is insane~ I got immense satisfaction seeing Naesala destroy Micaiah in one round; her Miracle is so annoying on this map~ 

Dawn Brigade showed what they’re made of~ Nailah was really impressive here and her Glare helped not get overwhelmed. Loved seeing Sothe take himself out. Final Black Luna obliterating the Lance was hilarious~

On 10.3.2019 at 12:38 AM, DLNarshen said:

Most of 2018 I pulled nothing but colorless, leaving little opportunity.  I've actually tried pulling for Minerva a number of times, but have had little luck.

Ah yes, I remember that episode. You should be stacked with Sothes and Kleins though. 

On 10.3.2019 at 4:59 AM, Landmaster said:

OOF, I don't usually tag because I don't usually do anything all that interesting, but I can tag you since you're usually asleep when I post stuff~

Just tag me if it's not too toasty much extra work. 

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Wow that's a lot of Grimas...that puts my Grima Emblem clears to shame since they are all actual Grimas :P. Yes female Grima's Guidance really helps ferry her male counterpart, and I love the use of Harsh Command. Triple Ward Dragons is also funny.

Haha, never pulled for that guy, but he kept coming so I also could show him off a little. 

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Haha, here I am with one lousy themed clear and you come around with four clears short time later. 

I liked the black Knight emblem, it worked pretty well considering that Micaiah is usually the worst enemy for Cavs/Armors. (Can relate to the fact that the red mage is annoying for an armor team.)

I'm jealous of your Tibarn, I want him for GF stuff. :-/ 

I got a Nailah instead and I need moments like these to remind myself how useful she can be. One-shotting Micaiah in her own map like that. 

Congrats! 

On 9.3.2019 at 11:20 PM, mampfoid said:

(didn't see you in the chat for a while) 

That's because you are always sleeping when I'm there.

That is a really nice clear, yay Grimas!

Looked also quite challenging with only melee, most of them even armor without armor march and all these ranged enemies. But really good use of guidance and even harsh command to make it through with some close kills. Well done!

@mcsilas

The black knight theme is really cool and I like all of them. This map can be really annoying for melee teams against all these ranged units and blocked terrain, so good job for finding a way to make it through. The vantage black luna was great to get rid of annoying Sothe.

Haha Zelgius and BK with the exact same speeches before the battle. Two red armors again, but Micaiah can never make it through. Also nice double Black Luna at the last turn, too bad Miracle denied one kill.

Wow the third team had a lot of offensive power, you really overran them this time, not even Miracle got activated. Yay for the crowns!

Nice Nailah just easily got rid of Micaiah, and Sothe taking care of himself with his weapon and special. Also a nice Black Luna Vantage to finish it off, beautiful.

Really cool themes and clears again. Well done!

On 11.3.2019 at 10:27 PM, Azuris said:

That is a really nice clear, yay Grimas!

Looked also quite challenging with only melee, most of them even armor without armor march and all these ranged enemies. But really good use of guidance and even harsh command to make it through with some close kills. Well done!

Thanks, glad you liked it! Perhaps Grimas will return, but they don't have the best synergy. 

• 11 months later...