Choose Your Legends 2018 (Arrival of the Brave): August 21 ~

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

None of them really scream "pick me" this time, it's fairly even. Of course, Celica being infantry pretty much knocks her on the head straight away, but I have no real preference between the remaining three. Wonder which one will be most useful for F2P strats?

Ephraim is, to me, just a better Amelia, and would be a 1:1 replacement by simply providing Armor March and being able to auto-double instead of relying on speed. However, just like Amelia, he lacks DC.

Hector, likewise, is just a better Hardin if the latter is given a QR seal. Doubling in both phases and DC, same schtick, but obviously should do so a fair bit better.

Veronica is on a horse. I use horses a lot. I also don't have any Razzle Dazzle horses at the moment so her having it out of the box is very appealing. On the downside, being able to build a Razzle Dazzle horse is something I'd eventually be able to do anyway with any of the horse healers.

Veronica will be godlike in a Team with Gunnthra.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... not only is it Windfire Balm, but it's Windfire Balm+... are improved Balm specials on the way? Will healers finally get 500 SP skills, or at least something more than 200? I wonder if this one would be inheritable too.

I'd guess that since only Ike and Lyn had unique B skills, only Double Lion and Ostian Counter are exclusive.

I'll go with either Celica (favorite out of the four) or Hector (need more blue armors). 

I prefer the brave hero art from last year. As much as I like Sachiko Wada's work, Ephraim looks off to me especially his neutral art and color palette. Celica's art is a disappointment as it looks ugly and bland. Even more so when she could have had her Rigain outfit. 

Special Fighter 3 looks very powerful. Since it has 3 after it, can we say it's not exclusive? Armored units have another strong B skill to choose from then.

And Hector comes with Res Wave, what does this mean???

To be honest, I'm ready for all of them. Celica got me the least excited, but statlines might change that.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is Celica supposed to be referencing her Gaiden artwork? Odd choice.

But it means this baby can one day be brought back to life!

Image result for nes marth

Oh wait it's Marth silly! He is not getting that. Only Smash treats him well with that lovely tipper mechanic and all.

So Ephraim does have Garm, well as long as Duessel gets it or in a 2.0 form, I can bear the spite. Celica brings Alm's old sword? Strange but okay! Veronica I have zero interest in and am completely neutral towards. Hector bringing the Maltet means all but Aureola and Apocalypse of the Divine Weapons have appeared in Heroes, get the remaining two in and they can finally point the way to Idunn (the Saint's Staff isn't one).

I guess I'll spend my freebie on Hector, as predicted, it wasn't very likely to change anyhow. But I won't summon on this. I'll leave everyone here arguing over whether the new power creeps end up making this game worth my time or not in the future.

Huh... think they'll replace the logo on Alm's Forged Falchion with the official Double Lion logo?

By the way, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THE WORLD HAS BEEN UPTURNED TO THE FURY AND WRATH OF THE BRAVE HEROES ONCE AGAIN.

Shouldn't be surprised that we're getting even more OP armors, or that when last year the dominating force were Horsies, this year the dominating force is Armors and also Cavalry healers.

I'm honestly torn between Veronica and Hector. Hector, on the one hand, will be a deathly Arena force with Ostian Counter (Seriously, Distant Counter AND Sturdy Stance all in one?), but Veronica, from what I can tell from the small snippits we get to see the unit stats, has a pretty good spread for an offensive Staff, and even comes with Wrathful Staff...

Uuuuurgh... I'm glad my new job's pay schedule will fit perfectly with how long this banner will last, but it still hurts that I don't know who to go for... please let there be a Tempest Trials in the future whose banner is also a copy-paste of the Brave Heroes banner...

Edited by Xenomata

So if they went to the trouble of not giving Brave Weapons refines because they were too strong, why did they make Death Blow 4?

15 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

I really hope this means that Hidari will do more art for Heroes. I really love their work and it would be a shame for it to be only a one time thing!

Guess it depends on how busy he is.

They had to plan ahead just to get him for Echoes in the first place, so it sounds like he's in pretty high demand.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So if they went to the trouble of not giving Brave Weapons refines because they were too strong, why did they make Death Blow 4?

A new excuse to continue to not give Brave weapons refines.

With Hector's base kit, he doesn't need anything else, just a Sacred Seal. But Distant Counter isn't really effective on a blue unit as to the current meta (as I know).

Ephraim is reliant on Armor March/Boots and visible buffs for his weapon, and the new Fighter Skill is Heavy Blade+Guard.

Celica I can pass. I don't need another sword unit, even if she has DeathBlow4.

Veronica... I don't really use staves. But Wrazzle Dazzle on default kit is nice.

I will wait till the legendary banner till I do my actual pulls. But my free summon is between Hector and Ephraim. Help me choose between the two.

Edited by riccochet

I am going with Veronica. Her weapon is great, and her New special will combo pretty well with Fortify Cavalry in horse emblem teams, or Def Tactic and Res Tactic C-skill+Seal combo in mixed teams. I would prefer Restore+ for Assist skill, so maybe I can kill a Nanna for it.

My 2nd choice is Hector, then Celica and finally Ephraim.

And now we know that Lv 4 skills and Double Stats Balm skills are coming in the future.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

because it would add too much bulk to them. I just think about Effie now with Brave Lance, Death Blow 4 and Special Fighter 3 in an Ostia Pulse Team running galeforce... Opponent wont even kill her, because he wont even get enough charges for their special...

OMG will defiant skills tier 4 finally be USEFULL!!! BLASPHEMY!

Edited by Hilda

I can't believe Hector is cheating on Armads like that. For shame!

3 minutes ago, riccochet said:

I will wait till the legendary banner till I do my actual pulls. But my free summon is between Hector and Ephraim. Help me choose between the two.

With their default kit, Ephraim seems more defensive with Close Def and a Guard effect, whereas Hector is more counter-offensive with his A skill. Both have an auto-double on both phases effect so they're very similar.