Choose Your Legends 2018 (Arrival of the Brave): August 21 ~

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm spending too much time thinking about this when I should be doing my TT runs for the day, hah.

Good luck! 

Yeah, Reinhardt is good on mixed teams too, he only needs boosted ATK. I like to ponder out these team compositions. It's one of the reasons I like AA more now. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I know that feeling. Cordelia, Cherche and M!Marth maxed out their merge levels, but I want a red +10 unit.

I've also been thinking of +10'ing a red unit for some time now and I finally decided on Caeda once she decides to grace me with her appearance as +Atk/-Def. I did 5* a Clair for the purpose of dealing with armors and horses in AA but I like Caeda's Japanese voice work better so... Caeda wins. 

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Not that she doesn't do an excellent job already at 4*+10.

At the rate in which my merge projects are going, I'm surprised I pulled enough copies to +10 my Sheena. I personally don't promote 3* units anymore because I'm cheap with feathers so the most 4* copies I've pulled outside of my +10 Sheena would probably go to Roderick at 8 or 9 copies.

The more I look at Maltet's sprite, the more I think its design looks a little off to me. I expected it to have the yellow hook things(sorry, don't know the name for it) near the head and the red "ribbon" wrapping itself around the body of the lance to reference FE6's Maltet weapon sprite.

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

I've also been thinking of +10'ing a red unit for some time now and I finally decided on Caeda once she decides to grace herself with herself on as +Atk/-Def. I did 5* a Clair for the purpose of dealing with armors and horses in AA but I like Caeda's Japanese voice work better so... Caeda wins. 

Good luck getting enough copies and the right nature. I'm content with my +ATK/-HP one so far, I think merging her would be a good decision. Only two to copies to go ... 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck getting enough copies and the right nature. I'm content with my +ATK/-HP one so far, I think merging her would be a good decision. Only two to copies to go ... 

Thanks. I already have five 4* copies of her so I'm just waiting one to show up with the right nature. I might go with +Atk/-HP if one comes my way before the -Def one. The sooner I start, the more barracks space I can free up for pulling units. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

I've also been thinking of +10'ing a red unit for some time now and I finally decided on Caeda once she decides to grace me with her appearance as +Atk/-Def. I did 5* a Clair for the purpose of dealing with armors and horses in AA but I like Caeda's Japanese voice work better so... Caeda wins. 

I envy you. My Caeda's now at +8 as well, and I have enough resources to get her to +10, but that Atk boon eludes me to this day (Mine's boon is Spd).

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

I envy you. My Caeda's now at +8 as well, and I have enough resources to get her to +10, but that Atk boon eludes me to this day (Mine's boon is Spd).

I think you meant to quote @mampfoid, I haven't started building Caeda at all. I only have some 4* copies of her.

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

While that fits on many levels, I wouldn't agree that Veronica will have the same impact. She is very strong and got new skills (and looks cool), but she isn't as different from other Cav healers as Lyn was unique then. 

Full agreement. Aside from Cordelia, Roy and Celica (no Lyn yet), I have built Cherche, BB!Marth, Elincia and Oscar to proc GF as fast as possible to clear Infernal maps in One Turn.

(Attention, shameless self-advertising ahead)

Check out some of my GF shenanigans:

Reveal hidden contents

Infernal One Turn Clears:

LHB - Robin: Fell Vessel

Discussion Link - Video Link

LHB - Lyn: Lady of the Wind

LHB - Ryoma: Surpreme Samurai

LHB - Hector: Marquess of Ostia

LHB - Lucina: Glorious Archer

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican

GHB - Ursula: Blue Crow

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword

GHB - Zephiel: The Liberator

GHB - Xander: Paragon Knight

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf

GHB - Camus: Sable Knight

GHB - Legion: Masked Maniac

GHB - Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark

GHB - Berkut: Prideful Prince

GHB - Valter: Dark Moonstone

GHB - Arvis: Emperor of Flame

GHB - Oliver: Admirer of Beauty

GHB - Lyon: Shadow Prince

GHB - Takumi: Empty Vessel

GHB - Saias: Bishop of Flame

GHB - Kana: Dragon Spawn

GHB - Julius: Scion of Darkness

GHB - Linus: Mad Dog

GHB - Walhart: The Conqueror

BHB - Alm & Celica

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Cecilia & Lilina

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ephraim & Eirika

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ninian & Hawkeye

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Minerva & Maria

BHB - Takumi & Hinoka

BHB - Amelia & Tana

BHB - Raven & Lucius

BHB - Corrin & Azura

BHB - Chrom & Lissa

BHB - Tiki & Nowi

BHB - Seliph & Julia

BHB - Matthew & Hector

Discussion Link - Video Link, Alternate Video Link

BHB - Leo & Elise

BHB - Micaiah & Sothe

Yeah true bow Lyn was a brand new unit/weapon type. However of the CYL2 characters she brings the most new to the table which is why I made the comparison. First PRF staff, new powerful special in a class with terrible ones.

Those galeforce clips are great !

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Hey, also SPD boon is pretty good. Envy you the last two merges though. 

@LordFrigids analysis is definitely worth a read: 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah true bow Lyn was a brand new unit/weapon type. However of the CYL2 characters she brings the most new to the table which is why I made the comparison. First PRF staff, new powerful special in a class with terrible ones.

Like I wrote, the comparison CYL1/Lyn to CYL2/Veronica on many levels, they have many parallels. I also think that she brings some needed updates to the healer class. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Those galeforce clips are great !

Glad you like them! I'm tagging everyone who is interested, in case you fear to miss the next one. ;-)

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I also think that she brings some needed updates to the healer class. 

One thing I'm actually hoping Veronica's release does is prompt the developers to finally implement updates to daggers.

Veronica has literally everything Sothe (the best infantry dagger that can't dance) wished he could have:

• Peshkatz
  • Dazzling Staff
  • Targets Res instead of Def
  • A horse

The only things Sothe has that Veronica doesn't is access to offensive Special skills and access to mobility Assist skills (granted, Veronica's options are definitely just as good for those slots, just different).

The fact that Veronica literally has every player-phase dagger hands down beat into the ground at their own game should hopefully be a wake-up call to finally give daggers some upgrades. I kind of want to hope that Veronica was actually an experiment in what they can get away with giving daggers access to in the future with a few new things for staves shoehorned in.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Veronica has literally everything Sothe (the best infantry dagger that can't dance) wished he could have:

When I wrote Veronicas updated stuff was what healers needed since some time, then I didn't mean the Peshkatz effect, but the improved special and Prf staff in general. 

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A horse

Not Sothe, but at least Linde got a horse. Daggers got one flier in Kagero, but healers not yet (sadly). (yeah, you know that)

So three of your points are spread over three different dagger units (Sothe, Linde and Felicia). Veronica really is better than all of them (not at tanking stuff though). 

Who will be the legendary hero that comes as an armored dazzling CC dagger unit?

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dazzling Staff

I want Firesweep Daggers. My HATF!Kagero and ASS!Linde need it.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

When I wrote Veronicas updated stuff was what healers needed since some time, then I didn't mean the Peshkatz effect, but the improved special and Prf staff in general. 

I know. My focus was that Veronica didn't make as big of waves in the viability of staves as much as she literally behaves as if she were a dagger unit with all of daggers' problems fixed.

Honestly, the addition of a stronger Special skill doesn't really make that huge of a difference for staves. Staves were already superlative in their support capabilities.

However, the fact that she shoplifted perhaps the best dagger in the game and does an absurdly better job at making it work despite having nearly identical stats as its original owner is what I think matters more.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

(not at tanking stuff though). 

She kind of is, though, at least compared to Sothe. Her defensive stats are close enough to Sothe's to be more or less the same, but unlike Sothe, she can initiate combat for free (which is equivalent to infinite bulk for a single round of combat).

Veronica is mildly said god like. She has a good attack spread, she applies debuffs AND buffs and she can actually take a hit and counter kill the opponent with Close Counter and Close Defense (if against melees or dragons) once she debuffed them.  I am using her in AA and Arena and I am fucking amazed at her versatility while still not being broken.

I mean i love my Saizo he is a wall and once he gets his debuffs going there is no stoping him with windsweep. He just cant attack any dragon or mage to save his life... Veronica doesnt do the same thing, she doesnt come close to his physical sturdiness, but all she needs at top is to survive one debuffed battle and counter kill, and she definitly does that very well on top of all the stuff she delivers.

She basicly shows what Healers and Daggers need to be to actually matter in the meta and the game and be a threat.

Edited by Hilda

@Hilda Honestly, Veronica opens up a ton of possibilites for healers. Before Veronica we didn't have a single playable staff unit with a prf staff. I'd love to see something like a prf staff for Serra with high MT and built in Wrathful + Absorb with something like 75% instead of 50%. I don't care if Razzle Dazzle is powerful, both Daggers and Healers deserve more. Felicia is still the only Dagger unit that's been given a new prf and refine and she was arguably one of the best already.

36 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Hilda Honestly, Veronica opens up a ton of possibilites for healers. Before Veronica we didn't have a single playable staff unit with a prf staff. I'd love to see something like a prf staff for Serra with high MT and built in Wrathful + Absorb with something like 75% instead of 50%. I don't care if Razzle Dazzle is powerful, both Daggers and Healers deserve more. Felicia is still the only Dagger unit that's been given a new prf and refine and she was arguably one of the best already.

I don't know how it could possible be implemented, but I'd like to see Elice wielding the Aum staff.

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't know how it could possible be implemented, but I'd like to see Elice wielding the Aum staff.

Heal a unit to full health and/or give them a single charge of the Miracle effect, maybe active even at 1 HP? Actually working like a single unit light's blessing is always possible, but feels like it might be a little OP. Actually, then again, given how GHBs generally work, the 1 HP miracle might be more broken.

Edited by bottlegnomes

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly, the addition of a stronger Special skill doesn't really make that huge of a difference for staves. Staves were already superlative in their support capabilities.

Do you think it's possible the next second gen healer special will debuff, panic or even chill? Veronica wouldn't profit too much since her staff already does that (or something similar), but it would open new possibilities for the rest. They could do their main job (healing) and have an effect on the enemy at the same time. 

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

However, the fact that she shoplifted perhaps the best dagger in the game and does an absurdly better job at making it work despite having nearly identical stats as its original owner is what I think matters more.

Yup, daggers are getting robbed of their niche. At least it's done by the main boss of book I. 

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'd love to see something like a prf staff for Serra with high MT and built in Wrathful + Absorb with something like 75% instead of 50%.

That sounds interesting indeed. Already her CC/Absorb variant is fun to see in action. 

55 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

If there's one thing I like more about CYL2 compared to 1 is that the choices are much better balanced to the point where it's highly debatable which the best pick is. 

That's true. Last year the best choices were Lyn and Ike.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You didn't get her yet?

Last year, I got Brave Lyn as my freebie, and then Brave Lucina was my free summon.

Luckkyyy~ But nope~ I used Lyn as my freebie since there was some message saying she was the most popular pick and it swayed me from the others. >_>

Like realistically, I would have picked any of them over Lyn if I'd thought more about it but meh >_> I've at least pulled Brave Ike since then so I'm not too miffed about it.

Edited by Landmaster

Last year I free picked Lyn, got Roy as my free pull because there were no greens, and then pulled for Ike. I got a second Ike later who ended up as Steady Breath fodder for adult Tiki, but no Lucina.

This year I free picked Veronica. I'm passing on the banner for now, but hoping to get Hector eventually, maybe if I don't end up spending many orbs in the next three weeks.

Do you think it's possible the next second gen healer special will debuff, panic or even chill? Veronica wouldn't profit too much since her staff already does that (or something similar), but it would open new possibilities for the rest. They could do their main job (healing) and have an effect on the enemy at the same time. 

I feel like they're probably going to be rather conservative for a while. We'll probably get a few other dual Balm+ skills and maybe Heavenly Light+ before they start adding other things.

I think an infinite range single stat debuff is possible, though.

Yup, daggers are getting robbed of their niche. At least it's done by the main boss of book I. 

The prospect, though, is that this hopefully means they'll try to add more dagger-exclusive skills to close the gap.