Choose Your Legends 2018 (Arrival of the Brave): August 21 ~

Coolmanio

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ughhh

I am feeling conflicted about all this. The truth is, I don't really need any of these units. For Axe Armour, no one can replace my Christmas Lissa, who I just recently gave Distant Counter to. For Lance Armour, I already have Hardin. The only Staves I ever plan on using are Sakura and Maribelle. Veronica could have had a chance if she had been armoured or something other, but she ain't stealing Maribelle's spot like that. As for player phase swords, something I had actually been looking for until recently, I only just pulled a +Atk Ayra 2 days ago. 

Yes, I know a these units will be "better" in some shape or form, but I just hate replacing good units for new and shiny one unless the replacing unit happens to be a top face. All that considered I should probably just pull Veronica and hand her Wrathful Staff B-Skill to Sakura.

But that feels like something of a waste for a freebe unit. I think I'll go with Celica, since I adore her art and I haven't invested too hard into Ayra yet or O could find my uses for both. There's always a use for infantry swords for me, whereas I don't care enough for armours to have more than a single team of them. 

DB4 is kind of lazy and bullshit though. Give the whales yet more exclusive skills to hand out to everyone while the F2Ps look old with their boring DB3.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

So that GHB

Hide contents

Dammit they know what they're doing. I'm going to have to not spend all my orbs on CYL because what if Lewyn is coming right after?

I doubt it, because we know gunthura will be back on the next banner. In fact, we know the next hero must be red because of who has been confirmed to return. I highly dought he would be a red hero.

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

That GHB is great, waiting for it. Does this mean a Genealogy banner coming up?

Stats look really nice all around, Veronica has bad defense though.

doesnt matter when you dont get counterattacked by annyone. She dethroned Maribelle rather quickly (or Elise for that matter), besides you could actually count +8 to her RES and DEF because thats the difference her legendary staff will make once she attacks. so she is infact bulkier then those 2

Edited by Hilda

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I never played this unit game, so I don't know what to expect from this GHB...

They are

Spoiler

A Prince of Verdane- the forested, barbarian kingdom of Jugdral, which lacks Holy Blood.

He disagrees with his brothers and father, who invade Grannvale while it is busy on the Issach Campaign. The attack on Grannvale was because Jamke's father was being manipulated by the Loptyr Cult (who also orchestrated the Issach Campaign in the first place

Jamke sets free lady Edain, daughter of Grannvale's Duke Ring of Jungby, who was captured in Chapter 1. He assigns the boy thief Dew to protect Edain while he plans to convince his father to stop.

Failing to do this, he is forced to fight as an enemy of Sigurd, who is now in response invading Verdane for Grannvale's safety and to rescue Edain. Edain convinces Jamke to join Sigurd's crew, and that ends his plot importance.

Jamke is one of the two most "canon-ish" husbands for Edain, between having backstory together and being good for her son Lester, she even can give him a Brave Bow after marriage.

Jamke started as an Axe Fighter, but Kaga the director of FE grew to like him and changed him into a Bow Fighter.

Jamke has a Killer Bow and very good stats and growths outside of Skill, Mag, and Res, and has great skills too. Being Bow and Infantry are his only issues.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

doesnt matter when you dont get counterattacked by annyone. She dethroned Maribelle rather quickly (or Elise for that matter), besides you could actually count +8 to her RES and DEF because thats the difference her legendary staff will make once she attacks. so she is infact bulkier then those 2

Spoiler

Can't Ploy worth shit, though.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

she doesnt need to ploy when she can just do it with her staff!

I prefer to not have to attack to inflict debuffs not called Gravity.

EDIT: Come to think of it, having to run Hlidskjalf means she isn't running Gravity+.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Spoiler

We live in the worst timeline. Reinhardt actually uses expensive skills that make his offense better

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Do cavalries still relevant tho. That and there's still ranged unit BST penalty too. 

Spoiler

He can still reach a decent score with CC as he's in the gen 1 infantry mage BST bin and has a prf for extra scoring. But now DB4. Yuck

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I prefer to not have to attack to inflict debuffs not called Gravity.

That depends on the Team composition entirely. I will run her with Gunnthra or with Legendary Lucina. Gunnthra will one shot any threat that is left and Lucina can get her out of harms way and finish off whats left... if there is even something left. I mean Legendary Lucina can prolly ORKO most units that arent gren with +4 buffs to all her stats and -4 debuffs to all enemy stats.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Do cavalries still relevant tho. That and there's still ranged unit BST penalty too. 

Two stat bins is only worth 1 point per match, or 5 points over the full run.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

We live in the worst timeline. Reinhardt actually uses expensive skills that make his offense better

There was already a case for him using chill res, and spring catria is pretty expensive.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Two stat bins is only worth 1 point per match, or 5 points over the full run.

I mean, arena points are pretty much entirely relative until you reach the point cap, meaning:

Before the point cap, cavalry will be exactly as good (or rather, as bad) as they ever were compared to other unit type options.

After the point cap, point affecting factors basically don't matter, since you're capped.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, arena points are pretty much entirely relative until you reach the point cap, meaning:

You missed the point.

One Arena point is less than the average variance in scores you get match to match. It really only matters if you're right next to a tier cutoff and only if it boosts the maximum value in your match-up range.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Well. It's kind of too bad we're getting Ephraim and Hector at the same time, since that means I have to choose. I'll be going with Hector, but am looking forward to getting that Ephraim someday. Plus, Ephraim now has tried out almost every movement type. Maybe he can borrow a Pegasus from Frelia or something so we can have flier Ephraim to complete the set. The script for that could be funny, too. Like, to get the peg/wyvern (since apparently Frelia has access to wyverns because of Wyvern Knight Tana and Summer Ines), he would've had to beat Ines in a competition of some sort or something.

While Celica has the worst art, IMO, it's much more preferable to if she had been a Staff Unit so I will take what I can get~ Besides, I don't have a Celica yet so no reason not to grab her (not that I have Hector or Ephraim either but I'll wait until I'm lucking enough to get Lance!Ephraim)~

Veronica, Hector, and Ephraim look great, I'm so glad Kita Senri drew Hector *^* I was hoping at least one would be drawn by Kita~

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

also 

Hide contents

Jamke is a cavalry bow? Where did the information he's cavalry come from? 

Because it's canon