Jump to content
Coolmanio

Choose Your Legends 2018 (Arrival of the Brave): August 21 ~

Recommended Posts

Grabbed Veronica, which was my plan from the start. Her lines are pretty boring.

The other three all have some interesting skills, but nothing attention-grabbing enough for me to want to spend orbs on characters I already have. Plus, I already have Hardin, Amelia, and plenty of sword infantry, including Fallen Celica. Odds are, I'll eventually get one or two from a legendary banner or regular summon at some point anyway.

Sitting on a 400 orb stockpile, which is nice since I haven't been bothering with as many free orbs lately. Hoping to snag Hrid at the end of the month, so that's one thing to use them on, assuming he shows up.

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

And if we ignore Veronica's Prf she's just another horse healer---we have those growing on trees.

I don't exactly have an Elise or Maribelle in barrack either.

 

Still, it does make it easier to decide so thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celica's stand-out artwork caught me by surprise. IMO it's the best art she has in hereos right now. The transition from Echoes into Gaiden artwise, shows how talented Hidari is (I really do hope he shows up for more artwork and the next Echoes title).

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ah ah ah. I was pulling since I can't choose between Veronica, Ephraim or Hector for the free pull banner. Got Veronica +Atk -Res as free pull ! Yay !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Every time Celica mentions Alm adds 10 years to my lifespan

You're gonna be immortal then. 

Its interesting how Celica is the only one not aping a relative. Hector and Veronica got their bro's, Ephraim has his dad but Celica has her boyfriend instead of her bro. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnt 129 orbs for:

2 Brave Celicas. +Hp -Spd and +Hp -Res
Brave Veronica +Atk -Res
And a pitybreaker Julia +atk -Res

No regrets. Plus another Soleil for merge project (I can do +6 now). My Veronica looks like a near perfect IV.

Hector was my free

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, looks like they went with Celica's classic design. I was disapointed at first because I really wanted Rigain Celica, but I'm actually digging this look with her more modern face. It also makes the possibility of Pantless Marth that much more likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

They should have made a 9-charge special for Celica instead of DB4. :P

What would that special do? Double Galeforce? Galeforce, Miracle and Aether combined? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What would that special do? Double Galeforce? Galeforce, Miracle and Aether combined? 

Sure, why not. Throw in an AoE that hits the entire map too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Humanoid said:

Sure, why not. Throw in an AoE that hits the entire map too.

You would need 2 maps to charge that special, so why not destroy the third? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

You would need 2 maps to charge that special, so why not destroy the third? 

Celica would charge it simply by quadding someone on turn one and eating one counter. Or am I reading the description wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Celica would charge it simply by quadding someone on turn one and eating one counter. Or am I reading the description wrong?

Yeah you are right.

A DB4/prf quad wouldn't need a damage special though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah you are right.

A DB4/prf quad wouldn't need a damage special though. 

Well after the first round she'll only be doubling with DB4 and 16mt. Not good enough!

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think Garn Ephraim might be holding Duessel  back in the future since he's wielding the axe that Duessel likely would have gotten. If Eirika could have killed Knoll to steal his tome then her twin might have killed poor Duessel for his axe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well after the first round she'll only be doubling with DB4 and 16mt. Not good enough!

Try a Brave sword with that B-Skill .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slept through the midnight hype, but I'm excited regardless.

Funny thing about the free summon...

I know that I should go with Veronica by virtue of her being a colorless unit, plus she has wrathful staff built into her weapon, that or one of the armor units because of their BST, but...

Dammit, Celica just looks too good!  Gaiden artwork, AND any weapon can become a brave weapon with that Double Lion B-slot?!  No way I can resist that level of arson awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Try a Brave sword with that B-Skill .... 

The wording is a bit ambiguous, but the "does not stack" description on Double Lion apparently means it can't be used with Brave weapons. And someone has indeed tested it on the subreddit, I see.

EDIT: Tests with both Firesweep and Brave swords here.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I thought this event would take place in early September. I don't want to know which dark spirits went through my head to make me think that.

Anyways I'm out of orbs because I burnt all for trying to get Micaiah. Ended with Elincia instead.

Maybe I can do 3-4 full circles from this banner because it still lasts for three weeks, but I dunno to earn much. If I pulled one focus at least with whatever natures, I'd be absolutely happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my opinion.

I confess CYL 2 didn't excited me at the same level CYL 1 did. We have 1 year of content between both banners, so there are a lot of good units that were released during this period... including the Legendary Heroes. Last year I didn't have a lot of really good units, so all 4 brave heroes were well accepted in any of my teams. Lyn was the first bow knight and she still is a high tier unit, Ike was my first good axe unit, Lucina was a great lance unit in my team, and Roy was part of my cavalry team for months!

This year... the excitement is not happening... I am not saying CYL 2018's units are bad, but I have others units to do their roles. I don't plan to use Brave Ephraim in my teams, outside assault modes. I have others great armored axe units. I know he can double when has access to field buffs but I prefer to use my Legendary Hector, who can double during enemy phase, already has Distant Counter and can prevent foes to double thanks to his weapon. Brave Hector is great, but if I decide to use him, I will need to change my armored team to make Hector work with the others. Brave Celica is a great infantry sword unit, but being a infantry sword unit is her problem for me. Her "Double Lion" skill is great, but if Celica isn't at full HP she basically don't have a b-skill. She need to have a healer on her team or a healing special to have good use of this skill, different from Alm who can heal himself with the Falchion. Veronica is the only one I can see me using, and this is why she is my free unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This is my opinion.

I confess CYL 2 didn't excited me at the same level CYL 1 did. We have 1 year of content between both banners, so there are a lot of good units that were released during this period... including the Legendary Heroes. Last year I didn't have a lot of really good units, so all 4 brave heroes were well accepted in any of my teams. Lyn was the first bow knight and she still is a high tier unit, Ike was my first good axe unit, Lucina was a great lance unit in my team, and Roy was part of my cavalry team for months!

This year... the excitement is not happening... I am not saying CYL 2018's units are bad, but I have others units to do their roles. I don't plan to use Brave Ephraim in my teams, outside assault modes. I have others great armored axe units. I know he can double when has access to field buffs but I prefer to use my Legendary Hector, who can double during enemy phase, already has Distant Counter and can prevent foes to double thanks to his weapon. Brave Hector is great, but if I decide to use him, I will need to change my armored team to make Hector work with the others. Brave Celica is a great infantry sword unit, but being a infantry sword unit is her problem for me. Her "Double Lion" skill is great, but if Celica isn't at full HP she basically don't have a b-skill. She need to have a healer on her team or a healing special to have good use of this skill, different from Alm who can heal himself with the Falchion. Veronica is the only one I can see me using, and this is why she is my free unit.

I actually fully agree! I was really excited, I woke up at 4:30am to catch it, and in the end after not getting a focus unit 200 orbs in and only having my free B!Hector, i'm like "eh...i'm not fussed enough to keep going". They just aren't as meta changing and unique as CYL1 was. Heck, even more recent units have been more meta defining than these guys. 

Armoured units needed something really unique to be different enough, since Grima and Christmas Lissa/Hardin basically changed how armours work, and Hector's been powercreeping himself gradually for a while now anyway. So their unique things being more follow ups/specials/better counters? It's not as unique or as exciting as, say, Steady Breath, or the first Galeforce-abusing Horse, and NONE of them come close to being as meta-changing as Brave Lyn was and still is. I can still run Firesweep Brave Lyn and she still stands as potentially the best unit in the entire game. Brave Ike changed defensive teams forever with the inclusion of the breathes, Brave Lyn and Brave Roy changed horse emblem to a degree we still see today and Brave Lucina...I mean, she was the best blue duelist and buffer for a while. 

These guys...? Eh. Celica has been done before by Swordhart, Elincia and even Alm, she's just a slightly different take on the doubling/quadding. Hector is very similar to Hardin, Ephraim is just another amazing green armour to go with Grima, Hector, LB!Hector and L!Hector. The only unique one here is really Veronica, but her staff is basically Peshkatz support with healing abilities...so Sothe with a staff on a horse. I'll just keep my +7 Watersweep Sothe for support, and if your healer is beating something up rather than healing, you'd probably have been better with another unit, like Medic Sigurd/Medic Maskcina/Micaiah.

I took Hector as my free unit, since that means I can scrap Hardin to feed Bold Fighter to the Black Knight and run Steady Breath/Bold Fighter BK/Grima with B!Hector and a dancer until I get an armoured mage. 

Edited by Noir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. Got pity broke by Ninian and Sanaki. Managed to get Ephraim and Celica spending all my 400 orbs. 

Now I'm torn between Hector and Veronica for my freebie. Veronica being colorless means that I avoid pullin in that color, but Hector looks really good and pairs well with Epharim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...