Are there any other classic designs you'd like to see?

Jotari

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

What’s wrong with Lachesis’ design (not talking about Miwabe’s style here)? Her Heroes design was very obviously based on her design from the Genealogy manual in the colour scheme and the overall construction of her outfit. The TCG and subsequently Cipher went with the all-pink approach for her, while Heroes returned to the roots, so to speak. The “classic design”, if you may.

What I am referring to is her design from treasure with the orange dress.

latest?cb=20160810124135

15 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Not quite so battle-ready, but I do like it. The arrangement of Lachesis with everyone else on that particular page is like a family portrait, albeit with Lachesis seeming more like Eldigan's wife than Grayne is due to her standing closer to him. Treasure's arrangements of the individual artworks in groups was rather well thought out.

I do like a lot of the Treasure designs. I hope Patty is based on her Treasure (or TCG S3) self with pants, over the actual ingame and Super Tactics book (which is of the same style as the Manual artwork) appearance of a short skirt.

Yet it seems FEH, and the Awakening EInherjar, ignored the Treasure artwork for the TCG Series 2 and 3 stuff, and the original Manual/Super Tactics stuff (although Manual Sigurd is very good).

For those who wish to follow what I mean, here, here, and here on SF provides it all.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Oh yeah, that looks pretty cool. I could definitely see that in Heroes if IS remember it exists.

53 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

In addition to FE1 Marth and FE2 Alm, either hood up, no pants Merric or his Bishop version based on unique FE3 sprite.

Navarre looked pretty damn different in FE3 but I think FE11 design suits him better and purple goes to Ayra and her relatives. 

What could potentially be funny is if they add Samuel to the game, but completely ignore his design in favor of using Nabarl's FE1 portrait. Then we'd have someone who purports to look identical to Nabarl, yet doesn't look the slightest bit like him yet at the same time actually does look just like him.

Edited by Jotari

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What could potentially be funny is if they add Samuel to the game, but completely ignore his design in favor of using Nabarl's FE1 portrait. Then we'd have someone who purports to look identical to Nabarl, yet doesn't look the slightest bit like him yet at the same time actually does look just like him.

Samuel would be good for around April Fools Day. A "GHB" that is intentionally real easy because the character on it is an imposter of a much fiercer one. Just make it great for grinding or something else to compensate.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Wasn't Michalis Navarre recolor in FE1?

By the way, FE12 was confusing because they didn't even bother updating Samuel's design to match new Navarre's darker hair and red clothes. At least their FE3 portraits shared color scheme. Now it's easier to mistake Caesar for Jeorge than Samuel for Navarre. 

I’d actually to see Maria in a touched up version of this. She looked like this in FE1.

993D671F-E7E1-4346-9D24-D28D29F7738F.png.8a3a2bd009c2acfef004756255ad60e2.png

The blue dress actually looks quite unique and appealing compared to the somewhat bland white dress she wears of now. It helps that blue is my second favorite color.

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is this Linde?

It is. You can find it on SF unlike some of the other classic artwork shown in that post (I'm certain I never saw that manly Julian before).

Those TCG characters with dual weapons is stranger to me, the swords don't even look right. And how do Hardin and Cain dual wield on horseback? Rely on the might of their thighs and glutes to stay on and steer their swift sterling stallions?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 28/08/2018 at 11:18 PM, SpenyEX said:

image.png.6205ac4af2c158677f378969ec4e8a3a.pngimage.png.4a5e65c57c5eed658b621eb65d798dc9.pngimage.png.abebb669b4d4f6587f5012c33332bd4a.png

Holy shoulder pads of doom, batman. But I'd love to see an Meric alt with this design, there's something cool about the old school mage look. And poncho+wings Tiki is adorable.

Caeda's armor would look weird if it made it into the game now, it looks pretty much like a more simple or lower ranked version of Minerva's... though an outfit swap banner could be fun :P:

5 hours ago, Kori said:

Holy shoulder pads of doom, batman. But I'd love to see an Meric alt with this design, there's something cool about the old school mage look. And poncho+wings Tiki is adorable.

Caeda's armor would look weird if it made it into the game now, it looks pretty much like a more simple or lower ranked version of Minerva's... though an outfit swap banner could be fun :P:

Outfit swap banner sounds like a great idea. Imagine Ike wearing the Black Knight armour or Chrom donning the Marth cosplay.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Outfit swap banner sounds like a great idea. Imagine Ike wearing the Black Knight armour or Chrom donning the Marth cosplay.

I'd pull for that. Especially if it means either Lucina or Marth is wearing Chrom's onesie, and one of their castle quotes is something like "please don't ask why I only have one sleeve."

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Not bad, but could we do without the big names? I'm okay with referencing them through dress, but I'd rather Effie in Elise, than Elise in Effie. And Bantu in Child Tiki's garb. Or a Priscilla and Raven swap.