Shiny Pokémon

Ronnie

How many do you guys have? Which was your first? Which are your favorites?

I have a couple. My first shiny was Volbeat in Sapphire. I was a kid who was ignorant to shinies and thought it was a cool color glitch and caught it. I lost that cartridge though so it's gone forever. My favorite shiny is good ol' black Charizard. I also really like Aegislash's shiny.

Also... why does no one notice that shiny Sceptile looks like Feraligatr? (color wise)
AmWhus9.jpg

I really like the way shiny Ponyta looks. Definitely one of my favs. Shiny Charizard is cool too.

The first shiny I got was a Kricketune in Platinum. But I no longer have it. Others I've gotten, not counting events:

FireRed: Rattata

Emerald: Aron (which is now an Aggron that I transferred all the way to X)

HeartGold: Zubat

Platinum: Pidgey (gotta transfer the resulting Pidgeot to a 3DS game and Mega evolve it!)

Diamond: Fearow

Black: Vullaby

X: Lickitung

And now all my GO shinies (note, some of these screenshots are from my old phone while some are from my current one):

Spoiler

jTii9Td.pngNBewSLU.png

UICjPNC.pngVDacuZG.png

UY2s9t1.png

Umbreon is also one of my favorite shinies, so I'm so glad I waited before evolving an Eevee into one with the nickname trick!

Edited by Anacybele

Gyrados aside I only got two shiny pokemon so far.

My first one is a shiny Drifblim. Its my favourite since its my first normal shiny Pokemon, but I also find the yellow/gold colour looks good on it. The fact that it was the star player of my online team (no I wasn't that good) helped matters too.

The second shiny I got was a shiny baltoy/claydol. Its ok. The yellow eyes make an obvious changes, but other then that its mostly unchanged. Its not something that made it super amazing, but its also not a shiny that ruins the Pokemon. Its fine.

Might be favorite Pokemon bias, but I love Shiny Zorua. It's so good, it's just a shame that Zoroark turns the blue into purple. Not a good purple, just a bad, boring purple.

Nothing in Gens 2-3, haven't played 2 and 3 I just never found anything.
In Gen 4, I found a Shiny Drowsee and a Shiny Geodude. Both of which I lost. I then got a Shiny Chikorita in Soul Silver as my starter (Was purposefully SRing for it, but it happened super quickly) which I still have.
For Gen 5, I have a fun story. I was looking for a Cottonee to add to my team in Black. I found one, but I wanted Prankster instead of Infiltrator. I thought to myself, "Man, wouldn't it be cool if I found a Shiny Cottonee?" I found a Shiny Cottonee. Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is. I did eventually remember that in B2W2 I traded something for a Shiny Weavile at one point when I was younger... and it may have been that Cottonee.
Gen 6 is what I actually began specifically hunting for shinies, but I found a Shiny Metapod at random while playing Y. I Poke Radar'd Flabebe (It was White Flower too!) and Furfrou, chain fished Alomomola, Clauncher, and Horsea, did Dexnav for Seedot, and Masuda Method for Carbink.
So far in Gen 7, my only Shiny was a Morelull which I got at random while breeding without Masuda Method, entirely for Wondertrade fodder. I like it a lot, and since its evolution's Shiny is so boring, I'll definitely keep it as is.

Once I buy Pokemon Crystal on Virtual Console, my goal is to SR for Celebi through its event, since it's confirmed to be unlocked for hunting. I'm also going to definitely hunt the Legendaries/Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun once I get the Shiny Charm (I'm close but very lazy), and probably Zorua as well (Although ORAS is good for that too, Dexnav is godly for hunting).

This is the sad story of a person who played all the gens from first to last as they were being released, most of them multiple times and in all their versions, but only ever caught a shiny in an ultra warp hole in Ultra Moon, which is sort of like cheating because it's much easier to get one there. It was a Barbaracle. And a Nuzleaf later on. Only those two in the entirety of my life.

Shinies hate me, they always run away when they see me from the distance :-_-:

I did get a shiny in Black 2 and White 2 but they were given to me, not caught.

I think my first shiny was a Girafarig in Gold. I remember being shocked because I thought only Gyarados could be shiny and at the time, I didn't have the internet.

My favourite is probably a toss up between Milotic and Sylveon. Shiny Milotic looks so elegant with the gold and Sylveon looks great with the inverted blues and pinks.

Nowadays, I can get shinies pretty easily so I don't bother counting. Most of them are from event distributions, but there are dozens I RNG'd or TSV bred to get. So not sure if those count, haha.

There are a few I caught naturally in the wild, but there are so many ways to boost shiny rates now, like SOS chaining or via Ultra Wormholes so I am a bit surprised if nobody has encountered one in recent games ^^

Only Shiny pokemon I caught on a legit cartridge was a shiny Drowzee in my first playthrough of LeafGreen. I thought it was a glitch or something so I caught it and put it in my PC with my like 15 other Drowzees lol

THen my little brother deleted my save :(((((((((

I hope Shiny Drowzee comes back one day

Edited by Pixelman

funny story this, my first shiny was a graveler in pearl i think, and i ACTUALLY DID CATCH IT, its just that i was like 8 and wasn't in the habit of saving my progress, and my ds crashed due to nothing.                                                              yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

lifes good and i'm totally not dying inside at just the memory of it that would be absurd