Langrisser 1 & 2 HD, Coming Abroad March 13th to 20th!

langrisser 1&2

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/22/langrisser-1-and-2-remakes-sports-modernized-character-designs-by-ar-tonelico-artist-ryo-nagi/

No word on if they're leaving Japan yet. More is to be announced on August 29th. They are presently about 50% of the way through development.

I've never played a Langrisser game before, only the first one ever came aboard and that was a long time ago, but they're SRPGs right? Hence I post this here on a fansite for another SRPG franchise.

As the link says, the old art, which some love, has been replaced by the artist for the Ar Tonelico series (which I've never played). And they are also updating the UIs, doing other little things, and toning down the difficulty a little. 

I have heard mostly ill of the 3DS Langrisser game, so this sets my expectations low, but I'll be looking at the reviews if the game does come aboard.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I keep mistaking Growlanser with Langrisser. The later is the one with old games released to the Mega Drive and SNES, iirc. If so, then yes, it reminds us a lot of Fire Emblem gameplay-wise.

Here's to hope they leave Japan, at the very least, then I can worry about them eventually getting a PC port.

Saw this coming when they said langrisser news was on the way a while back.

Anyway, the art is whatever I guess. My only want is that they be based on the dramatic editions

Also toning down the difficulty, ew

45 minutes ago, Zera said:

I heard the 3DS Langrisser was not-so-good.
Are the originals good, and if so, why?

They actually have a level of care and polish put into them. 

Just look at the 3DS game. You'll immediately notice something wrong. 

@Zera Yep, I & II are both superior to the 3DS release. They are fairly similar in Fire Emblem as grid-based combat goes but it had characters that you were interested in. The Incarnation Tensei on 3DS has uninteresting generic characters and a generic world. The battles are on maps that may be entirely too large with so many enemies for your cast of 8 characters that the combat simply gets drawn out far too long. It has severe pacing issues which are the least of its problems. The art doesn't help matters much either. It certainly is a change for the worse considering the Fire Emblem art style on 3DS look gorgeous. The last good Langrisser was part IV which was on PS1. 

Interesting I heard the Langrissers comparison with Three Houses and was planing on checking out the series. If these make it overseas then I'll have to give them a try.

Edited by Modamy

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/29/langrisser-i-ii-remake-launches-february-7-2019-with-new-scenario-new-heroine-and-more/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/29/satoshi-urushiharas-artwork-is-still-alive-in-langrisser-i-ii-remake-along-with-some-new-work/

Well they revealed more today as they said they would, but no international release has been announced yet. No de-confirmation either, we'll just have to see.

• The Japanese release date is February 7th 2019. Not bad, if you understand rising sun runes, it'd be perfect timing for comparing with FE3H. Given this is only an HD remake, being presently at 50% doesn't mean they're rushing things.
  • There will be voice acting- I have my doubts if we got it they'd have the money for English VAs, but I'm just pointing this out.
  • A new scenario, it doesn't say in which of Langrisser I or II it'll take place or how long it'll be, is being added. It features a new heroine named Betty. 
  • The original composer for the Langrisser games, Noriyuki Iwadare, is coming back to remix the old soundtrack for the games.
  • The original artist, Satoshi Urushihara, will apparently be doing the artwork for the box of the limited edition of the game.
  • More importantly, as DLC, there will be a Classic Mode that allows you to use Iwadare's original BGM and Urushihara's original character illustrations.

For a comparison of the styles of the old and new artists, artwork of the new heroine Betty, the first by Urushihara, the second by the Ar Tornelico artist:

Spoiler

DlwduetU4AAvq_gDlwdsZWUUAAi_GA

It's been officially announced that Langrisser I & II is leaving Japan!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/langrisser_i_and_ii_switch_remakes_secure_western_release

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/03/langrisser-i-ii-will-come-to-the-nintendo-switch-playstation-4-and-pc-in-2020/

The release date will be an unspecified "early 2020". It will be available on Switch, PS4, and PC.

The publisher, and unfortunately presumed English translator, is NIS America. But better something than nothing unless you plan to learn Japanese.

Preorder the game for Switch or PS4 on the NISA online store for $79.99, and all of this can be yours'.:

le.900x.jpg

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Went straight to the preorders!

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'll be buying this for sure. Never played a Langrisser, but more SRPGs are welcome.

i generally despise mobile phone games.. But the Langrisser mobile game was actually very entertaining. IMO much more in depth than FE heroes

"Father, what are saying", nice fail. 😛

Guess who's hyped ? Guess who is going to betray many people ? Guess who's going to buy it when I can ? That's a me.
Man, while thinking about it, I really do miss the old artstyle, but eh...

3 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Man, while thinking about it, I really do miss the old artstyle, but eh...

You can spend a little extra for DLC to swap the portraits and BGM, if you didn't see that in one of the earlier posts.

An old & new comparison of many characters:

https://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/01/langrisser-i-iis-original-characters-by-satoshi-urushihara-compared-to-modern-new-looks/

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can spend a little extra for DLC to swap the portraits and BGM, if you didn't see that in one of the earlier posts.

An old & new comparison of many characters:

https://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/01/langrisser-i-iis-original-characters-by-satoshi-urushihara-compared-to-modern-new-looks/

Hey thanks pal !
Though now that I'm looking at it... what they did to Erwin and Leon is heresy. The same face syndrome doesn't help... and uh, cleavage and nakedness i guess ?
Some of the older design make more sense than the new, which is funny when you consider that the original artist was a hentai artist or something.

Yeah nope, to me the older is better. Less shenigans and stupidity... never though I'll say this actually. Weird.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm pretty sure that isn't dlc. Or at the very least, it definitely wasn't in the JP version, as I understand it

Unless that changes for the overseas version because nisa is nisa

On 7/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, JoeyW001 said:

Went straight to the preorders!

i generally despise mobile phone games.. But the Langrisser mobile game was actually very entertaining. IMO much more in depth than FE heroes

I have no opinion on that. I tried to branch out into Dragalia, but I eventually determined that I only have time/willingness to play one mobile game (alongside all of the singleplayer/multiplayer JRPGs, SRPGs, and ARPGs I spend most of my gaming time on), and my investment and brand loyalty makes that FEH. 

I'm just happy to pick up the mainline titles here because it might help branch out my mainline gaming experience.

21 hours ago, Magical CC said:

Man. It's not like I like the old art in anyway but the new art is a mile inferior in term of design, quality and details. Basically it's inferior in every single way. 

Very true, but I also feel bad for the person who had to redraw all the insane Satoshi Urushiara armor, lol. though it looks fine in mobile >_>

Leon in particular looks nothing like his character should. Shame

2 hours ago, Gemma said:

Very true, but I also feel bad for the person who had to redraw all the insane Satoshi Urushiara armor, lol. though it looks fine in mobile >_>

Leon in particular looks nothing like his character should. Shame

The thing is, there are a lot of good artists, better than Satoshi even, and they have to choose someone so.....bland like that to do the new artwork. I have seen much better indie artists than that.