Langrisser 1 & 2 HD, Coming Abroad March 13th to 20th!

I saw it today, Der Langrisser is one of my favorite games, I was incredibly hyped for the remakes and was really worried after the mess that was Re;incarnation that it would not get an overseas release. I have yet to find pre-order options for the limited Edition for mainland Europe though...

I figured there would be at least 1 or 2 people that would appreciate the games here as well 🙂

I also think the old Art ist better but with the options to change it it's kind of a non-issue. Glorious shoulder Pads for all, that is how it should be.

for anyone not familiar with the langrisser series, you can download the demo (with 2 maps) on the Japanese e-shop for a while now and even if you can't read it it's still easy to figure out how to play.

I really do not like what they did with the combat animations in the game (as, if you did not know they affected gameplay) but otherwise it looks and plays like a huge upgrade. Der Langrisser in it's original form was a balance mess anyways.

Edited by Lord of Riva

• 1 month later...

As someone who's never played one of these games before I really dislike the way the eyes and faces look in the old art. It looks like the worst parts of bad 90's anime. The new art has a really unfortunate tendency to remove people's armor though. I'd say that outside the armor thing the only ones I like better in the old art are Bozer (whose face we can't see) and Chaos (who doesn't have a human face). Old Egbert is also amazing, but probably not for the reason the artist intended. I keep laughing my ass off every time I look at him.

• 2 months later...

Official release dates for Langrisser I & II have been announced:

• March 10th for North America
  • March 13th for Europe
  • March 20th for Australia and New Zealand

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/langrisser_i_and_ii_lands_a_2020_release_date_in_the_west

NISA put out an old vs. new graphics comparison trailer too: