CYL3 winners predictions

Midnox

Yeah, I guess many of you wanna take a break from anything related to brave heroes until you have finished trying out strategies for this year batch of Brave Heroes. However, since Brave Heroes are my favorite aspect of FEH, I'd figure it'd be fun to speculate who could be chosen to gain such honor next year, and why. My picks for the strongest contenders are:

-Laegjarn: this strong and beautiful woman has won many of us for her antagonistic, but still respectful and honorable foe, so it's a no brainer, specially since the fanbase has showed a strong interest in having FEH OCs in the Brave Hero roster, having most of them over the 20th position, and Veronica's surprising victory this last CYL

-Laventain: she got into a high position this last CYL by design alone, as she hasn't shown any strong character back then. However, her recent chemistry and love for her older sister will undoubtedly gain her a boost next year, possibly a spot within the BH

-Loki: her sixth place this year is a testament that she's very likely to win a spot next year, now that is clear she has an agenda, and is probably even more dangerous than Surtr

-Camilla: much to my dismay, she's still very likely to get a strong support. Not going to bother finding out why :dry:

Honorable mentions (females): this is more a possibility of them boosting in position due to the current meta, but I see them less likely to reach top 2, but I think the likes of Ayra, Myrrh, Karla, and Gunnthra belong here

On the dudes side, I think it's safer to debate which character will gain ONE position next CYL, as I expect Marth to get his well deserved spot next year

-Hrid: unless he becomes playable before next year, he got his spot. With the "Everyone is gay for Hrid" reception he got, plus his previous offscreen feats of badassery, gave him a big chance

-Reinhardt: I think he's mostly for the memes by now, as I rarely see him in arena nowadays

-Zelgius: by now, all of us realize how threatening Zelgius is in the meta, with not many guaranteeing an easy victory. His main obstacle lies in split votes between Black Knight, and Zelgius

-Male Robin: he may get a boost next CYL thanks to fallen Robin. The issue I see with his chances is that, despite the game advertising him as Robin, the fanbase pretty much sees him as Grima

-Bruno/Zacharias: we all wanted that guy to be playable from the beginning. With Brave Veronica's focus in searching him may boost his chances

Edited by Midnox

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Marth? He lost only because his votes were split. :/

Anyway, can we actually see if a CYL3 is going to happen first? I kinda don't want it to, as adding more and more CYL heroes is going to make them feel less special.

I am hoping for Laegjarn, Laevatein, and Loki too. I want the villains to be playable, or at least give us an alt, like Veronica.

I do not mind Camilla and other popular waifus too, but I want our villains to get some love.

Other than that, I guess my personal favorite would be Anna. It would be an honor to have the Goddess of Apotheosis grace the battlefield and stomp on me.

As for the guys, I want Reinhardt. He should be a flier with Firesweep Dire Thunder.

It would also be cool to have Bruno, Zacharias, Surtr, Helbindi, Hrid, and other original characters in the game.

I would like some Muspel units, and Camilla (Because I like her PERSONALITY not her because of her body) but if I had to predict the winners I would say Selkie, Loki, Alm, and Reinhardt (Or Marth). Selkie and Alm being first of their gender.

Edited by Drakhis
Spelling mistake

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

As for the guys, I want Reinhardt. He should be a flier with Firesweep Dire Thunder.

Meme-o-theosis on another level will ensue. Seriously. :XD:

Edited by Karimlan

I think that micaiah does stand a chance, being one of the best meta counters in the game and she has consistently gotten in the top ten, her only problem is a lack of sex appeal,if she did win, we could be looking at micaiah dressed as altina with Alondite and Ragnell which has distant counter and the meisterscherwert effect.

nino's meme status doesn't really net her any wins in my opinion.

as for camilla, it is fairly up in the air, with celica and veronica winning there is also a good chance that a lower number of those votes would be allocated to camilla than one could expect.

I would get a real kick out of marth losing again, though I doubt that will happen, this loss will only rally support, I expect him to get first outright.

as for any of the guys, really all we are left with is too many characters that I don't give a crap about, I may throw a few votes at zelgius because he is stupid good and one of my favorite fire emblem characters, healer zelgius dressed as sephrain would be great or maybe daien soldier zelgius from before he left to work for sephrain would be more suitable.

I wonder about rein, I don't think memes are enough to compensate for outright popularity and I just don't think rein is all that genuinely popular personally.

as for chrom as a possibility, his popularity has plummeted since CYL 1, that was his highest placement against his worst possible rival (Ike), then CYL 2 came along and he went lower against even weaker opposition (ephraim and hector), after that I don't see him getting to the top 2.

my primary prediction is that I will not have any of my favored characters get in, mist's fan base is composed of like 2 people, micaiah's boobs aren't big enough and zelgius doesn't really have genuine popularity.

Eirika will win since her position was quite close to Camilla and Veronica in spite of her receiving an alt on the third day of voting IIRC. There's also the fact that Celica fans are more likely to flock towards Eirika than any other candidate. Sure Veronica voters might go for Loki or another OG character but Celica had more voters so they are a stronger force. 

Second spot might be Camilla, Loki or Micaiah. The fan service ladies still haven't had a top contender so there are a lot of choices still remaining among them so I think the fact that Micaiah and Eirika are the only female lords remaining mean that they have less competition and are more likely to get the support of female lord voters who are more numerous in quantity than fanservice voters. 

Marth should win pretty easily at this point because he has far more votes than any competition and due to the lack of Marth alts and being screwed over by split votes which guarantee sympathy votes. The other candidate is a tough call. I'd say Alm and Chrom have decent chances but a dark horse like Eliwood may spring up since FE7 fans might vote for the last remaining lord. 

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think that micaiah does stand a chance, being one of the best meta counters in the game and she has consistently gotten in the top ten, her only problem is a lack of sex appeal,if she did win, we could be looking at micaiah dressed as altina with Alondite and Ragnell which has distant counter and the meisterscherwert effect.

my primary prediction is that I will not have any of my favored characters get in, mist's fan base is composed of like 2 people, micaiah's boobs aren't big enough and zelgius doesn't really have genuine popularity.

That didn't stop Lucina from winning CYL1. Maybe if Micaiah gets her Light Priestess version added, that could entice some of those types of voters. 

Edited by Icelerate

Spoiler

I don't know about the females, but for the males, Glade and Bloom are shoo-ins.

Predictions:

Males

-Reinhardt(memes)

-Alm(popularity)

Females

-Camilla(again, popularity)

-Laevatein(growing popularity, plus Veronica showed us that villains can win)

Edited by MageKillerMudkip
Removing possibly offending content

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No Marth? He lost only because his votes were split. :/

Anyway, can we actually see if a CYL3 is going to happen first? I kinda don't want it to, as adding more and more CYL heroes is going to make them feel less special.

Nah, you've misunderstood. Those guys I've taken my time to describe are for ONE spot for the males, as...

58 minutes ago, Midnox said:

On the dudes side, I think it's safer to debate which character will gain ONE position next CYL, as I expect Marth to get his well deserved spot next year

I exclaim that arguing about Marth's chances for wining a spot in CYL3 is pointless because I pretty much guarantee he'll get his spot. Although the wording can be interpreted that he'll instead get it in CYL4, which is not what I've meant

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Nah, you've misunderstood. Those guys I've taken my time to describe are for ONE spot for the males, as...

I exclaim that arguing about Marth's chances for wining a spot in CYL3 is pointless because I pretty much guarantee he'll get his spot. Although the wording can be interpreted that he'll instead get it in CYL4, which is not what I've meant

Oh, sorry, my bad.

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I exclaim that arguing about Marth's chances for wining a spot in CYL3 is pointless because I pretty much guarantee he'll get his spot. 

I personally feel that Marth won't win, because people will assume he's going to win, and instead push for their favorites, leading to Marth not getting enough support.

Camilla will depend partly on whether she gets an alt relatively close to CYL3. I don't think that is likely though, since her most recent alt was only done out of popularity and ease of creation owing to Fates already inventing the design. Loki being unplayable presently and being a similar character in appearances might lead her to take from Camilla though.

The CYL concept though is going to feel a little boring by its third iteration. But this is an outlier whose opinion that can be easily ignored though. And with non-Seasonal alts becoming a nuisance, "wasting" a New Heroes on four pseudo-democratically chosen alts feels like just that, a waste.

3 minutes ago, MageKillerMudkip said:

I personally feel that Marth won't win, because people will assume he's going to win, and instead push for their favorites, leading to Marth not getting enough support.

If they do a halftime report again and it turns out Marth is lagging, I'm sure he could get a pity rally thereafter.

But since we still have many months to go until January/February, there is time for new additions to affect the desires for who to Brave.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, MageKillerMudkip said:

I agree, and divided votes will not help. Even if I do not want him to win in front of Alm, seeing him second would not bother me.

49 minutes ago, MageKillerMudkip said:

I wouldn't be so sure on his defeat. The only conceivable way I see for him losing is getting second place in mid finals, with an OC close to him, like what happened with Camilla and Veronica this year. His fans are understandably upset for his defeat this year, so I don't think they'll leave it like this

54 minutes ago, MageKillerMudkip said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know about the females, but for the males, Glade and Bloom are shoo-ins.

-Alm(popularity)

)

Ya sure? I fear Alm will instead be forgotten due to how FEH seems to be pushing aside Echoes lately. Seriously, start making seasonals and legendaries for them instead of more Awakening and Fates already :dry:

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think that micaiah does stand a chance, being one of the best meta counters in the game and she has consistently gotten in the top ten, her only problem is a lack of sex appeal.

:rolleyes:

latest?cb=20170612235705

Spoiler

b84.jpeg

Here's your sexy waifu Micaiah. Enjoy ;):

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I do not mind Camilla and other popular waifus too, but I want our villains to get some love.

Other than that, I guess my personal favorite would be Anna. It would be an honor to have the Goddess of Apotheosis grace the battlefield and stomp on me.

It would also be cool to have Bruno, Zacharias, Surtr, Helbindi, Hrid, and other original characters in the game.

I don't mind waifus either, problem I have with Camilla personally is that the games mostly focus on the fandervice, and that can be seen with her alts in FEH. All I find the arguments about her personality rather poor because: Fates are more by the book anime cliches for what I've seen, is known for it's bad writing, and how exactly her personality and backstory is so mind blowing compared to the likes of Elincia, Julia, Eirika, Ninian, Micaiah, etc? 

I'd like Brave COMMANDER Anna as well, but she never got top 10, not to mention with these three new OCs are some real competition 

Thanks for reminding me Bruno/Zacharias, I knew I've forgot one of the dudes I think stand a chance from start

Edited by Midnox

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

Thanks for reminding me Bruno/Zacharias, I knew I've forgot one of the dudes I think stand a chance from start

It will be even more awesome if "they" got second and first place. We never had an alt and the original on a Focus before, unless I am forgetting one of the Legendary Hero Foci or something.

Realistic predictions:

Males: 1st is probably Marth, easily. Even if he gets split votes again people are probably going to support him through it. He still placed 3rd even with the split, after all. 2nd is hard to say. Rein is less meta now than he was for the first year of the game, so his meme popularity may dwindle. Alm and Celica got the boost from Echoes being the most recent game, but I think Echoes characters could drop down some. Alm could still hold popularity just from people wanting him to get a CYL to match Celica, though. If Alm or Rein manage to drop enough, Chrom could see 2nd place, since he still did pretty well. I don't see any OC males having much chance unless Hrid suddenly becomes a big part of the story throughout the rest of this year, AND is not put on a legendary banner to be made playable first. Bruno seems somewhat forgotten by most.

Females: 1st is probably Camilla. Unlike Tharja, despite her hatebase she carried over strong support from CYL1 to CYL2. If not for Echoes boosting Celica or a lot of people bandwagoning to Veronica to make her playable, she probably would have won or gotten second. Similarly Eirika would have gotten likely gotten second if Celica and Veronica weren't present. I don't think her alt's release hurt her much either. (people actually dropping voting for her just for that even if she's their favorite were likely a small minority)

It's possible Loki could push up into 1st or 2nd too. She's the second most-voted for OC from CYL2 already, so time will tell if she gets more or less popular by CYL3. Veronica was the OC face of the game for the majority of the first year and main antagonist. Loki's still kind of on and off in the story still, but we do still see her more often than any of the other antagonists and she has that fanservice design to make her stand out too.

Edited by Alkaid

If Alm doesn't get an alt before CYL voting, I can see him getting 2nd place.Reinhardt being such a meme might put up a good fight. 

As for the female side, Camilla and Eirika probably. Eirika mainly got shafted since her alt got released in the middle of voting. 

Both Marths get first place for the men's division : )

In all seriousness. Marth, Alm, Eirika and Loki. As for their outfits? Pantsless Marth, Alm with Mycen's armor, Eirika in Lyon's outfit, Loki in Muspell attire

I think we’re way too early for this. I still remember people saying that Camilla and Tharja had this in the bag and look what happened. Who knows how many more alts will they throw at us between now and CYL3 voting time. They could easily pull another Eirika2 and throw, let’s say...one of the gyaru sisters or a Micaiah alt while the voting is still going on. 

As for personal and very biased “predictions”, I’ll go with these:

Males: Eliwood and Marth

- Hector and Lyn got their “Brave” alts one after the other, with Eliwood just getting a welfare as well as for the sake of completing the FE7 Lord set, Eliwood should be next in line to get a “Brave” alt. I can see the Japanese pushing for Marth and Eliwood. Eliwood can take after Elbert, wield Apocalypse and voila, we now have a rather dapper magic user. Other potential candidates would be Reinhardt and Alm. 

Females: Camilla and Nino, Micaiah, a gyaru, Tharja or Cordelia.

Sure, it depends on whether Three Houses, TMS#FE or Warriors get added to the voting options and if FEH introduces more new female characters. 

27 minutes ago, Midnox said:

:rolleyes:

How dare you remind of that atrocity! And that wasn't actually Micaiah. Einherjar are the work of trained artists, the life they contain can be given by the artists who paint them, but not always, the the roles can be separated.

That Einherjar representing Micaiah happened when a student artist of mediocre talent was copying the work of one of his teachers in class. Unfortunately he only got the head done before the class was over. His teacher examined the student's work and deemed it hideous, knocking it onto the ground. The student was disheartened and dropped out of school, after patching up the face blurred by the fall, he went to a pub to ease his sorrows and decided he continue painting for a living, as a purveyor of cheap knockoff works. Bringing some paint and the unfinished card with him, he having forgot what the body of his teacher's painting of Micaiah looked like, he instead borrowed and adapted the body off a painting hanging in the sleazy tavern where he drowning out his future. Later, after having being sold many times, the card finally ended up the hands of Einherjarist who infused it with an interpretation of Micaiah's personality and history.

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

If Alm doesn't get an alt before CYL voting, I can see him getting 2nd place.Reinhardt being such a meme might put up a good fight. 

As for the female side, Camilla and Eirika probably. Eirika mainly got shafted since her alt got released in the middle of voting. 

With her brother win last year, I really think she will have trouble to get there. Camilla, as much as I want her, have her community leaning toward Loki.

Marth seems like the obvious choice to win the male division, especially since he was shafted by the split votes this last time and can't seem to catch a break in terms of actually getting some alts. For second, I think Chrom and Alm are the most likely options, but I'll just guess Chrom for now.

For the female division, I think Camilla's time has come, I think she'll secure first place. Now, for second, I think there are some other interesting possibilities. Eirika is an obvious possibility, sure, but I think there are some other serious contenders. If CYL 3 voting rolls around and there still are no beast units in the game, I think there's a distinct possibility that a good portion of the player base will push IS's hand and rally around Selkie. She made a serious showing last time, just slightly underperforming Leif. Leif scored so high because he was a hold-out lord. The desire for Veronica to be playable also pushed her high to the list. I think something similar could happen with beast units, and Selkie seems the obvious choice, given how well she's done already.

With that in mind, I also think Loki could put up a serious fight as well, if she's not playable by then. There could be a good push for her like there was for Veronica.

Well, in any case, that sums up my thoughts for now. My prediction will go with Marth & Chrom for men, and Camilla & Selkie for women.

I feel like it is too early for predictions since plenty can change people's mind between now and January 2019 but here goes...

Males: Marth will probably get first this time. Second place is trickier because it could depend on a lot of things. Chrom could get it assuming he gets no more alts between now and CYL3 voting time plus Smash Ultimate could boost his popularity, Alm could also get it if he doesn't get a Legendary alt and the people who voted Celica last time flock to him. Other but less likely options are Robin, Takumi and Reinhardt.

Females: I think this is tougher to predict but personally I would want Eirika and Azura to win together for CYL3 but realistically Eirika would get first and either Camilla or Loki will get second. Other contenders are Micaiah and Corrin but their chances are not as likely.

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

IYa sure? I fear Alm will instead be forgotten due to how FEH seems to be pushing aside Echoes lately. Seriously, start making seasonals and legendaries for them instead of more Awakening and Fates already :dry:

I don't mind waifus either, problem I have with Camilla personally is that the games mostly focus on the fandervice, and that can be seen with her alts in FEH. All I find the arguments about her personality rather poor because: Fates are more by the book anime cliches for what I've seen, is known for it's bad writing, and how exactly her personality and backstory is so mind blowing compared to the likes of Elincia, Julia, Eirika, Ninian, Micaiah, etc?

I wouldn't hold your breath on Echoes alts. FEH is "pushing aside" Echoes because it isn't that popular. If you don't believe me, go back out to the Serenes Forest forums mainpage and take a look at the number of posts for that game compared to Awakening/Fates.

It may surprise you but a lot of people like Camilla's personality! You don't, that's fine, but you don't have to whine about it. Also a lot of people don't agree that Fates has bad writing, at least where its characters are concerned, which is why they do so well in CYL.

---

Anyway, thoughts on who we're likely to see:

Women

Camilla: I really hope she wins this time after just missing twice. I think she will in a fair contest, but her hatebase is strong (see: even some posts in this thread!) and I won't be totally stunned if her haters rally around the halftime #3 again.

Eirika: Might have won CYL2 if she hadn't just gotten an alt, who knows? She's certainly comparable to Ephraim at worst, and one of the few remainining female mains.

Corrin and Micaiah: I don't think they're as popular as Eirika but they're the other remaining female mains, so I do think they've got a shot too.

Some villain OC, maybe Loki?: It's been said. People want to get these characters in the game and so far this seems the only way it'll happen. I don't think Bruno or Surtr are popular, but Loki or one of the sisters seems possible.

Men

Marth: He's a shoe-in if they finally combine his votes. If not I won't be stunned if he's left out again... he's that guy that most people seem to think "should" be in but doesn't have a large dedicated fanbase that will make it happen.

Chrom: Smash will help here, I think? Awakening dropped off a lot between CYL1 and CYL2 for some reason and it's a bit of a wildcard in terms of CYL3, but Chrom is legit popular.

Alm: Maybe, if Celica's voters do indeed transfer over. I'm a bit skeptical but if he has no alts at all by CYL3 voting it could create the perfect storm for him.

Eliwood: As Alm, he's relying on votes for his game's more popular lord(s) to transfer over to him. I don't think it'll happen; Eliwood just isn't that popular.

Robin-M: Like Chrom, depends a bit on where Awakening's general popularity is. I feel like Robin himself has waned, but Grima was a big success... but again, dunno how much of that will carry over.