CYL3 winners predictions

Midnox

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Fxxking DAD MARTH

I would kill to play as Laevatein

And anyone but Camilla, please and thanx~

I don't understand why there is so much hatred towards Camilla, especially with her last alt where she's not mean to be seductive, but rather calm.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on Echoes alts. FEH is "pushing aside" Echoes because it isn't that popular. If you don't believe me, go back out to the Serenes Forest forums mainpage and take a look at the number of posts for that game compared to Awakening/Fates.

It may surprise you but a lot of people like Camilla's personality! You don't, that's fine, but you don't have to whine about it. Also a lot of people don't agree that Fates has bad writing, at least where its characters are concerned, which is why they do so well in CYL.

---

Anyway, thoughts on who we're likely to see:

Women

Camilla: I really hope she wins this time after just missing twice. I think she will in a fair contest, but her hatebase is strong (see: even some posts in this thread!) and I won't be totally stunned if her haters rally around the halftime #3 again.

Eirika: Might have won CYL2 if she hadn't just gotten an alt, who knows? She's certainly comparable to Ephraim at worst, and one of the few remainining female mains.

Corrin and Micaiah: I don't think they're as popular as Eirika but they're the other remaining female mains, so I do think they've got a shot too.

Some villain OC, maybe Loki?: It's been said. People want to get these characters in the game and so far this seems the only way it'll happen. I don't think Bruno or Surtr are popular, but Loki or one of the sisters seems possible.

Men

Marth: He's a shoe-in if they finally combine his votes. If not I won't be stunned if he's left out again... he's that guy that most people seem to think "should" be in but doesn't have a large dedicated fanbase that will make it happen.

Chrom: Smash will help here, I think? Awakening dropped off a lot between CYL1 and CYL2 for some reason and it's a bit of a wildcard in terms of CYL3, but Chrom is legit popular.

Alm: Maybe, if Celica's voters do indeed transfer over. I'm a bit skeptical but if he has no alts at all by CYL3 voting it could create the perfect storm for him.

Eliwood: As Alm, he's relying on votes for his game's more popular lord(s) to transfer over to him. I don't think it'll happen; Eliwood just isn't that popular.

Robin-M: Like Chrom, depends a bit on where Awakening's general popularity is. I feel like Robin himself has waned, but Grima was a big success... but again, dunno how much of that will carry over.

Thank you! So much Thank you! You have summed up the essence of my thought. I don't understand why there is so much hatred towards Camilla, especially with her last alt where she's not mean to be seductive, but rather calm.

Maybe Female Corrin can make it, but I really think that Selkie will win if she's not in the game during the voting.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I don't understand why there is so much hatred towards Camilla, especially with her last alt where she's not mean to be seductive, but rather calm.

1. I don't like Camilla in general.

2. She has plenty of Alts, I'd prefer it if another character could get some attention than someone who already has over 4 versions. As much as I like Lyn, I say the same for her in terms of future units~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

1. I don't like Camilla in general.

2. She has plenty of Alts, I'd prefer it if another character could get some attention than someone who already has over 4 versions. As much as I like Lyn, I say the same for her in terms of future units~

I understand the second point but if she gets voted, then it means that people don't care about her getting a fifth alt, and for the first point I had the same problem with Celica, but I know some people are happy with this so I'm happy for them, even with the fact that Camilla is one of my favorite Fire emblem characters ever. If Loki, Laevatein or Laegjarn I will be happy. If you want to quote my reply, quote the other one, the first is a double posting so I reported it ^^.

19 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Swimsuits are inherently fanservicey.

When you go to the beach IRL, most people are wearing the swimwear they wear due to socio-cultural norms and not to be sexy, but video games aren't RL. And Miss America wasn't RL either, and which has long had an objectionable swimsuit part, for no reason other than females are supposed to be beautiful.

Swimming isn't the only way to celebrate summer, there are plenty of others which FEH could reference. They chose swimming because swimsuits show off a lot of skin, and seeing beautiful people close to naked turns people on. There are games that have swimsuits without sexiness, the only sexy ones in Tales of Symphonia for instance are Sheena's and Zelos's. FEH also doesn't put Child Tiki in anything remotely sexy either- due to her age. But otherwise, swimsuits in FEH are for player arousal, any nonsexual fun and silliness of them is secondary, even if you want it be the primary.

20 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on Echoes alts. FEH is "pushing aside" Echoes because it isn't that popular. If you don't believe me, go back out to the Serenes Forest forums mainpage and take a look at the number of posts for that game compared to Awakening/Fates.

It could also be there just isn't as much to talk about when it comes to SoV. Fewer characters, no breeding shenanigans, less content on the whole. Certainly much less controversy too.

20 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Camilla: I really hope she wins this time after just missing twice. I think she will in a fair contest, but her hatebase is strong (see: even some posts in this thread!) and I won't be totally stunned if her haters rally around the halftime #3 again.

How can haters really rally against her? You can't downvote, and even if all the bashers cooperated, the majority is silent, uncontrollable, has no elite tastes at all, and is not the bashers and have more than enough power to swallow such a petty thing. 

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

I understand the second point but if she gets voted, then it means that people don't care about her getting a fifth alt, and for the first point I had the same problem with Celica, but I know some people are happy with this so I'm happy for them, even with the fact that Camilla is one of my favorite Fire emblem characters ever. If Loki, Laevatein or Laegjarn I will be happy. If you want to quote my reply, quote the other one, the first is a double posting so I reported it ^^.

I understand people don't care about the number of alts (I'm not gonna pretend if there were 18 Nowis that I would be mad about it), I'm just tired of her mainly because I don't like her (same with Cordelia). But I still do prefer if we got a unit that doesn't get as much focus as one that has so many~

I guess on the positive side, if she did end up winning, it would be easier to narrow down which unit I would want for my freebie :P

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It could also be there just isn't as much to talk about when it comes to SoV. Fewer characters, no breeding shenanigans, less content on the whole. Certainly much less controversy too.

The post gap is nearly an order of magnitude apart; I don't think your explanations come close to accounting for that. The game just isn't as popular. Its characters do far less well in CYL too, which perhaps is what I should have cited.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How can haters really rally against her? You can't downvote, and even if all the bashers cooperated, the majority is silent, uncontrollable, has no elite tastes at all, and is not the bashers and have more than enough power to swallow such a petty thing. 

By rallying around the person behind her in the race... like what actually happened in CYL2. It's impossible to say how much of that is people rallying for Veronica and people rallying against Camilla so I don't really want to speculate, but there's more than enough anecdotal evidence of people hating Camilla to make me believe that it's some of both.

I hear a lot of talk that Marth would have won if his vote wasn't split between multiple games so he's a safe bet. Alm also ranked pretty high so he might win as well, I certainly hope he does. If tree houses is already out by the time of the next poll then they might benefit from the hype associated with a new game. 

4 hours ago, Midnox said:

-Laegjarn: this strong and beautiful woman has won many of us for her antagonistic, but still respectful and honorable foe, so it's a no brainer, specially since the fanbase has showed a strong interest in having FEH OCs in the Brave Hero roster, having most of them over the 20th position, and Veronica's surprising victory this last CYL

I see her win a lot of polls but I don't really get it. Not only is she a fairly run of the mill Camus, but the Camus she has most in common with is the much maligned Xander. Its not liker her dad is any better then Garon. 

Marth will continue to have split votes due to his appearance in two games. If neither him or Eliwood get alts between now and January 2019, expect the Japanese to rally behind them. With Chrom already having several alts, the race could very well be between Marth, Eliwood and Alm. 

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its not liker her dad is any better then Garon. 

He's honestly worse than Garon at this point, as up to this point we haven't been given any proof that Surtr wasn't always a murderous despot.

And yeah, Laegjarn is pretty much female Xander yet gets none of the shit that he does. Instead, she's widely loved for reasons I don't understand and do not want to understand.

Before I get to the my answer, I would like to point out that the overall appeal to CYL has downgraded a lot. With the introduction of monthly "legendary heroes" and a safe spot for alts in "new" hero banners, the idea in having a special version of voted character seems less exciting. Take CYL2 for example. Besides new skills, the most wanted character seemed to be Veronica  and that for a good reason. A lot of the hype went straight down the moment IS introduced legendary forms of voted heroes before CYL2. Die- Hardcore- Fans of specific heroes may be satisfied but certainly not the masses at current state. If anything the "Losers" of CYL3 are indication of what people wish from these events (e.g. Laguz / Shapeshifters).

My predictions:

Males: Marth - Alm - OCs

Females: Eirika - Micaiah - Nino - OCs

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

I hope CYL 3 happens, there's still some characters I'd love to see get Brave variants. However, I also feel like it might end up being the last CYL, and I think the winners may be a little easier to predict this time around.

Men: On the men's side of things, there's absolutely no way Marth isn't winning. There's gonna be a massive push for Marth and there'll be so much outrage if he loses again. Marth is winning 1st place. As for 2nd, I think it'll be a tough race between Alm, Eliwood, Reinhardt, and Chrom. Alm and Eliwood because people may want them to go along with Lyn, Hector, and Celica. Chrom because he always seems to do well, and Reinhardt because of the memes.

Women: Similarly to Marth, I think Eirika will get a win here. There are a great many people who feel like she got cheated and that will help her along, plus she'd go with Ephraim. Eirika might not get 1st, but she'll for sure at least get 2nd. The other winner will probably be between Camilla, Tharja, Nino, Loki, and Micaiah. Nino and Micaiah have simply seen a surge in popularity, and the other three will just do well because they're like Chrom and seem to always be near the top.

I'll personally throw my votes towards Marth, Eliwood, and Eirika. And of course Brom because I'll keep voting for him until he's in the darn game!

50 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The post gap is nearly an order of magnitude apart; I don't think your explanations come close to accounting for that. The game just isn't as popular. Its characters do far less well in CYL too, which perhaps is what I should have cited.

I can't deny that popularity is another factor, nor should that SoV was less ambitious and less advertised, and not the first FE of as many players either.

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And yeah, Laegjarn is pretty much female Xander yet gets none of the shit that he does. Instead, she's widely loved for reasons I don't understand and do not want to understand.

She is female, that is why. I'm only aware of one person who has ever criticized Selena Fluorspar.

I wouldn't mind listening to some serious critiquing, but I'll wait until FEH resolves the whole of its present plot before suggesting that be done. How long will that be?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is female and visually like Severa, that is why. I'm only aware of one person who has ever criticized Selena Fluorspar.

The Severa bootleg is her equally overrated sister, not Laegjarn.

This would be right about the time we get more info on Three Houses.  So I'll wait and see what kind of reception it gets before making any predictions.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’ll never understand the hate Xander got in Fates. Like the number one thing I remember everyone saying about him is how he was so dumb for not killing Garon even though he knew his actions were wrong but like who would ever think that someone could commit patricide without hesitation. And even if he tried he would’ve likely joined as one of the many already meaningless deaths that plague Fates because no way one person alone stands a chance against Gooron. Just seems like mostly unwarranted hate.

37 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I hear a lot of talk that Marth would have won if his vote wasn't split between multiple games so he's a safe bet. Alm also ranked pretty high so he might win as well, I certainly hope he does. If tree houses is already out by the time of the next poll then they might benefit from the hype associated with a new game. 

I see her win a lot of polls but I don't really get it. Not only is she a fairly run of the mill Camus, but the Camus she has most in common with is the much maligned Xander. Its not liker her dad is any better then Garon. 

Three Houses is slated for release in Q2 2019, CYL polls have thus far been Q1.

Xander is actually the most popular Camus by far (#42 in CYL1, next highest was Ishtar at #136), so being like him is a point in her favour, not against.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is female and visually like Severa, that is why. I'm only aware of one person who has ever criticized Selena Fluorspar.

Is that me? If not, make it two. Selena's "the emperor was nice to me, so I'll forgive him for trying to resurrect satan" is nonsensical even for a Camus. :-p

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The Severa bootleg is her equally overrated sister, not Laegjarn.

Maybe they are not overrated, but you just don't like them. If there are so many people that like them, then it means that they are good at something. I think that their design is good, and the personality of Laegjarn is a better Xander, with more pride. (I like the Xander of the supports more than the Xander of the story,)

Edited by Drakhis
Incomplete

15 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’ll never understand the hate Xander got in Fates. Like the number one thing I remember everyone saying about him is how he was so dumb for not killing Garon even though he knew his actions were wrong but like who would ever think that someone could commit patricide without hesitation. And even if he tried he would’ve likely joined as one of the many already meaningless deaths that plague Fates because no way one person alone stands a chance against Gooron. Just seems like mostly unwarranted hate.

I never really understood it myself either. Garon may be unique in how terribly written he is, but its not like Shagal, scumbag Grust king or Ashnard are any less obviously evil than Garon. Yet only Xander gets criticised for insisting on staying loyal to the obviously evil scumbag. If anything Xander has the most valid reason to stay loyal because the tyrant is his father and he still remembers a time where he was a good king. That's more than Camus, Eldigan or Shiharim can say. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My mistake. Still, the female part might explain things. And doesn't Female Corrin seem to get less flak than Male Corrin?

Yeah she does, or at the very least is noticeably more popular than him.

19 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Maybe they are not overrated, but you just don't like them. If there are so many people that like them, then it means that they are good at something. I think that their design is good, and the personality of Laegjarn is a better Xander, with more pride.

Oh no, I do very much dislike them both though I dislike all the Heroes OCs equally. I play FEH to see all my favorites from past games intermingle, not for the entirely new schmucks who were made for the plot of a mobile game. 

Also, Laegjarn's supposedly better personality means nothing when she's still blindly following orders from King Flame Hyenard Surtr. In other words, when she's doing the exact same thing that people crucify Xander over.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah she does, or at the very least is noticeably more popular than him.

Oh no, I do very much dislike them both though I dislike all the Heroes OCs equally. I play FEH to see all my favorites from past games intermingle, not for the entirely new schmucks who were made for the plot of a mobile game. 

Also, Laegjarn's supposedly better personality means nothing when she's still blindly following orders from King Flame Hyenard Surtr. In other words, when she's doing the exact same thing that people crucify Xander over.

Garon was once a good man who loved his family, Surtr seems to have always been like this. This makes a HUGE difference for me. Xander believes in an illusion of getting him back. Laegjarn was raised like that, in a country where it was always like this. Her father says she follows the order, but she saved Helbindi despite her father wanting him dead, and she follows the order because she's scared of what will happen to her sister if she betrayal her father.  She has a great personality, and she's certainly the best-written unit from heroes.

30 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Is that me? If not, make it two. Selena's "the emperor was nice to me, so I'll forgive him for trying to resurrect satan" is nonsensical even for a Camus. :-p

Slumber actually.

He called Selena and Eldigan equally bad Camuses. A Camus should have two things in their view- one is a sympathetic backstory/cause, the other... I think he said hesitancy/honorability, I don't remember exactly. Sounds like fine criterion though.

Eldigan hesitates and chafes under Chagal a lot, he really doesn't want to fight Sigurd or Lachesis. If you opt to get the Runesword, you don't even kill him, Chagal does after Eldigan pleads to him one last time. But Chagal is an irredeemable prick, as a result we have no reason to sympathize with Eldigan's dying loyalty to Chagal, to Eldigan's cause. 

Selena has a sad, sympathetic backstory, the good Emperor saved her poor village from starving. However, she never hesitates, the only moment she does is when she hears Duessel has been branded a traitor, but that moment is very brief. Her falling out of favor after the next chapter isn't because she wasn't willing to kill Duessel, but because Valter forced her to withdraw, she would have continued trying to kill Duessel. If you don't hesitate, you aren't a real Camus because you lack an internal struggle.

Not to mention the Selena battle happens after she realizes good Vigarde is gone forever, she fights out of a dead loyalty and wants suicide, even if it means hurting those in the right and those on her own side in the process by not just stabbing herself- which is very selfish.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Garon was once a good man who loved his family, Surtr seems to have always been like this. This makes a HUGE difference for me. Xander believes in an illusion of getting him back. Laegjarn was raised like that, in a country where it was always like this. Her father says she follows the order, but she saved Helbindi despite her father wanting him dead, and she follows the order because she's scared of what will happen to her sister if she betrayal her father.  She has a great personality, and she's certainly the best-written unit from heroes.

That actually makes her far worse than Xander as far I'm concerned, in the sense that she has just accepted that her father is a murderous tyrant, is ultimately willing to go along with his plans when she can plainly see that he is clearly in the wrong, and is too scared and/or cowardly to do what's right and turn against him. Though at this point, I am as well not even continue since I openly admitted that I'm biased against Laegjarn so of course I'm going to say things like this.