Forging Bonds: Rejecting Destiny

Rezzy

I didn't see a topic, so forgive me if there is one.  We'll be having our second Forging Bonds event.  I like earning accessories, and I'm still waiting for sunglasses to make my Titania complete, but the new ones we have coming look nice, with what looks to be two tiaras and two helmets.  The accessories from the last forging bonds look to be bonus accessories, at least the upgraded versions of them.

Remember to do at least one map the first week for your two daily orbs.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Finally, we can put some actual head protection on our units.

I mean, I like showing off my cool hair in MMOs, but sometimes a person just needs some head protection.

You should always wear a helmet when autobattling.  I can't say how many time my Lucius has gotten himself killed by head trauma.

9 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

I expected sunglasses for summer stuff, actually :o
But every accessory is welcome!

It's such an obvious choice I don't know why they didn't do it.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a bear hat to put on Frederick. lol And I'd like to get those supposed gold goggles for Summer Freddy.

I never got the upgraded versions of the accessories from the first FB though... I tried, but I kept failing to play the game when the multipliers were up. I wonder if I'll actually have any of the bonus accessories this time. :(

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You should always wear a helmet when autobattling.  I can't say how many time my Lucius has gotten himself killed by head trauma.

Alternatively, you can find one of those newfangled things you put on your neck that when it senses the coming of a sudden impact, inflates like an airbag to lessen the blow. Although even if I could ride a bike, I'm not sure if I'd trust one of those things to work though.

Speaking of other forms of head wear, one of those blocky GBA General helmets would be nice to have. And can Forging Bonds find a way to sneak Joshua's hat in? And please don't forget to give us Lewyn's hat and Ranulf's headgear when the time comes IS!

Hope the support conversations inhere are good, particularly the group ones, not that I'll be seeing them. (I'm feeling October will be my next hope of a good 2/3rds entry, early September isn't exactly auguring well at the moment.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alternatively, you can find one of those newfangled things you put on your neck that when it senses the coming of a sudden impact, inflates like an airbag to lessen the blow. Although even if I could ride a bike, I'm not sure if I'd trust one of those things to work though.

Speaking of other forms of head wear, one of those blocky GBA General helmets would be nice to have. And can Forging Bonds find a way to sneak Joshua's hat in? And please don't forget to give us Lewyn's hat and Ranulf's headgear when the time comes IS!

Hope the support conversations inhere are good, particularly the group ones, not that I'll be seeing them. (I'm feeling October will be my next hope of a good 2/3rds entry, early September isn't exactly auguring well at the moment.)

That sounds like a good way to get strangled.

I wasn't really a fan of the support convos the first time.  They were a bit too generically cheesy in the summoner-is-awesome sort of way.

So, I saw that we're gonna be able to get Orbs as rewards for these maps. Orbs outside of the 2-a-day-for-the-first-week.

Did we have that last time? Because I don't recall.

Also, I can't wait to give Hector his helmet, and also to throw Ephraim's red helmet (I assume that's Ephraim's, anyway) on Legendary Ryoma so he can achieve maximum redness (already gave him Wo Dao+ for the same reason, and for +20-damage Moonbows).
Maybe I'll throw Veronica's whatever-that-thing-is on Marth too.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ranulf's headgear

This. Especially if it comes with cat ears. I wanna give Lilina cat ears.

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, I saw that we're gonna be able to get Orbs as rewards for these maps. Orbs outside of the 2-a-day-for-the-first-week.

Did we have that last time? Because I don't recall.

We got 1 Orb a day for 14 days~ Now we get 2 a day for 7 days~ It's the same amount, just the event cut in half and doubled to be equal~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

We got 1 Orb a day for 14 days~ Now we get 2 a day for 7 days~ It's the same amount, just the event cut in half and doubled to be equal~

I was referring to this, quoting the in-game description:

"Until 8/31/18 at 2:59 AM (East Coast here), you can earn 2 Orbs the first time you clear a map in Forging Bonds (once per day).

In addition, there are other rewards to earn, like accessories, Orbs, Hero Feathers, or Divine Dew, depending on the amount of friendship gained for each event character."

Being able to earn Orbs is mentioned separately from the 2-per-day thing, so I'm assuming we're gonna get Orbs somewhere in the friendship-chart for each character (probably near the top, I'm betting). Was that a thing last time, or did we just get various non-Orb rewards? Because I don't recall.

This will be fun but I wish the stamina cost was not so dang high.  15 stamina for one map is a bit much I really wish they would cut the amount in half.  Even with a bonus for one unit every hour it will take a while for me to get all the rewards since I need the stamina pots I have for finishing off the last 5 CCs I have left to do.

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

"Until 8/31/18 at 2:59 AM (East Coast here), you can earn 2 Orbs the first time you clear a map in Forging Bonds (once per day).

In addition, there are other rewards to earn, like accessories, Orbs, Hero Feathers, or Divine Dew, depending on the amount of friendship gained for each event character."

Being able to earn Orbs is mentioned separately from the 2-per-day thing, so I'm assuming we're gonna get Orbs somewhere in the friendship-chart for each character (probably near the top, I'm betting). Was that a thing last time, or did we just get various non-Orb rewards? Because I don't recall.

Last time the reward for each maxed out support was 1 orb and it will probably be the same again this time.  So in total we should get around 18 orbs, since we will get 2 per day and another 4 from maxing out all supports.

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was the top reward~

The accessories and the orbs are the two best things about the event. Unfortunately, they haven’t cut stamina costs, but at least the tempest wouldn’t me there to divide my stamina.

Four helmets, four Whitewings… coincidence? Cecilia is getting the headband ribbon, Brave Celica gets the circlet, and unsure yet who gets Veronica’s crowns.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The accessories and the orbs are the two best things about the event. Unfortunately, they haven’t cut stamina costs, but at least the tempest wouldn’t me there to divide my stamina.

Four helmets, four Whitewings… coincidence? Cecilia is getting the headband ribbon, Brave Celica gets the circlet, and unsure yet who gets Veronica’s crowns.

True. The problem is, because ally you support with is random, you can't choose which accessory you want. I only got Maribelle's accessories and no one else.

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

True. The problem is, because ally you support with is random, you can't choose which accessory you want. I only got Maribelle's accessories and no one else.

When you cap an ally, you won’t get their points anymore. The event is designed to be a full-time stamina sink not unlike the tempest, and everything is pretty obtainable. There are also potions if you are not as patient.

Though I'm happy with the 2 orbs a day instead of just 1 a day, I wish they'd changed the Stamina cost and the multipliers too. I mean with a Stamina cost that high, what is even the point of having a 1x multiplier in the first place, almost no one is going to play when that is up. And you have to keep waiting for a 2x multiplier to appear on the times you can play, which is just ugh. Last time I had to wait 2-3 days each time before I could do the event again :/

I'm also kinda annoyed that you need to wear specific accessories for this, which means having to take them off the units that usually wear them :( And after that I have to remember who was wearing all that stuff again haha.

I'm really excited for these accessories though, they look awesome. Not sure who they're going to yet, I always just try them on multiple units and see who it looks best on.

I'm grateful that they decided to hold this event until after the TT ended. I hate having to choose which event is worthy of my stamina.

But I really wish the daily orbs from Forging Bonds were converted into a daily quest. That way I'd have an easier time remembering this mode.

1 hour ago, Mau said:

And you have to keep waiting for a 2x multiplier to appear on the times you can play, which is just ugh. Last time I had to wait 2-3 days each time before I could do the event again :/

Well, the multiplier will now switch every hour instead of every how many, six hours?

EDIT: Aha, so they did reduce stamina costs!
Screenshot_2018-08-24-15-03-01.png

Edited by Vaximillian