(All Units selected)SoulWeaver tries to do a Pick My Unit Run?

SoulWeaver

As usual, I have no idea if this is the proper place for this Topic, so if someone would please move it to the correct location if this isn't it I'd very much appreciate that. Yeah, yeah, eclipse, I'll get around to actually reading the Forum descriptions so I don't have to say that disclaimer someday.

Anyways, yeah, I'd like to replay SoV to get away from my obtain-every-single-Support-in-all-of-Awakening slog, but didn't know what restrictions to put on myself to make it more challenging, then this occurred to me since everyone does it at some point.

Since I'm not very used to this kind of runthrough, my current set of restrictions might seem a little strange to you guys, or not, I don't really look at PMU runs often. Here's the rules:

Difficulty is Hard-Classic.

All Units must be in different Classes, meaning the only time I will be using two of the same Class(bar Villager) will be Celica and the other Priestess, assuming said Priestess isn't only recruited after Celica promotes. This also means that I can only use four Female Units(Celica, Priestess, Saint, Falcoknight), five Male Units(Alm, Dread Fighter, Bow Knight, Baron, Sage), and one Unit of either Gender(Gold Knight).

OverClassing is allowed for Alm and Celica immediately prior to entering their respective final dungeons, no earlier. OverClassing is allowed for the other eight members of the party upon reaching Furia Harbor, no earlier.

Pitchforks are allowed, but will only be used if someone selects a Unit whose Class is already taken or if certain Units are selected - namely, if Palla and/or Shade is selected, I will be using a Pitchfork on her/them to try and give her/them extra Levels, non-negotiable. Unless whoever selects them instructs me to use a different Class for them, they will be repromoted into their base Class Tree. If I end up with extra Pitchforks, I can't use them until Act 6, at which point I may try to use them at my discretion for extra Levels.

Mila's Turnwheel is only authorized to reverse a Unit's death ONCE PER SIDE - Alm may use it once and Celica may use it once. Currently trying to decide if this extends to Act 6 with the merged party or not. In addition to the once per side rule, the Turnwheel is only authorized for TWELVE USES TOTAL, which may be split between Alm and Celica's parties in any fashion. However, the maximum number of non-undeath Turnwheel uses performed cannot be higher than the Turnwheel's maximum available uses at the time, meaning that if I've used the Turnwheel three times for something other than my two reverse-death uses, I can't use it outside of my two reverse-death uses until I find a Cog.

...So yeah, if you guys want to help me out here that'd be great. I'm afraid I don't have any sort of recording stuff for this, so if you were hoping to watch me make a fool of myself that's too bad, I guess. I can try to take notes and post how things went on here, I guess, but I can't guarantee it'll work out well. Also, this is my first Hard-Classic run, so it's possible I may need to bend the rules a touch here and there, such as using Tobin/Gray/Mae/Boey even if they weren't authorized just so I can actually get through Acts 1 and 2.

Current Roster:

Priestess: Faye
Saint: Silque
Falcoknight: Mathilda
Gold Knight: Boey
Dread Fighter: Clive
Bow Knight: Jesse
Baron: Atlas
Sage: Kamui

Pitchforks: All Used(Boey, Clive, Mathilda)

Edited by SoulWeaver
Added Units

• SoulWeaver changed the title to (3/8 selected)SoulWeaver tries to do a Pick My Unit Run?
  • SoulWeaver changed the title to (7/8 selected)SoulWeaver tries to do a Pick My Unit Run?

So you'll be using 5 units on Celica's side and 4 units on Alm's side? (Plus the single remaining unit.) Good grief.

With no pitchforks left, the options for Saint are Silque, Tatiana, Genny or Shade. But if I'm reading you correctly Shade would snatch a pitchfork from one of Boey/Clive/Mathilda, non-negotiable?

Hmm... Early healer, or late physic/fortify? HMMM... Let's deprive you of ranged healing: you can have Saint Silque.

3 hours ago, Sock said:

So you'll be using 5 units on Celica's side and 4 units on Alm's side? (Plus the single remaining unit.) Good grief.

With no pitchforks left, the options for Saint are Silque, Tatiana, Genny or Shade. But if I'm reading you correctly Shade would snatch a pitchfork from one of Boey/Clive/Mathilda, non-negotiable?

Hmm... Early healer, or late physic/fortify? HMMM... Let's deprive you of ranged healing: you can have Saint Silque.

Well, I've done that before, my last challenge was to do a run using only Alm, Celica, the four Ram Villagers, and the four Cipher Units, and I split them half-and-half, with Alm taking Tobin, Gray, Yuzu, and Shade, and Celica taking Kliff, Faye, Emma, and RandalLando. That was only on Normal, though, since I wasn't terribly confident in my ability to clear all of Act 2 using only Celica, so it wasn't actually as big a challenge as I'd thought it'd be. My next challenge after/alongside this will be to do a Normal Classic run using only Alm, Celica, Palla, and Shade, with Alm and Shade clearing his side, and Palla and Celica handling hers. Actually, my biggest fear here was that people would tip the balance so I had like 8 Units on one side and just 2 on the other, thankfully you guys are nicer than that.

Whoops, that was my bad for not specifying properly. I meant if they were selected before all three Pitchforks were taken they'd steal one, non-negotiable, now that all the Pitchforks are accounted for I can't use one on Shade. Still want to pick Silque, or you want to swap for Shade? I mean, yeah, Shade has Rescue and ranged heal, but Silque has Warp, almost as useful, and spawns Dread Fighters, so...pretty even if you ask me. There's also the fact that I doubt I'm going to be getting Shade before Act 3 due to map difficulty(I had to cheat a bit and use DLC to grind to get her before fighting Desaix in my last run, and I'm trying to minimize my usage of DLC this time around), while I'll for sure have Silque early on.

Alright, and with that, all Units have been selected, wish me luck on my first try for Hard! I don't know if you guys want any sort of play-by-play or anything, I don't really have equipment to record stuff. I can try to take pics with my iPod if anyone wants, but I doubt there'll be a very good record by the end.

Edited by SoulWeaver