August’s Legendary Hero - Marth: Hero-King (August 28 ~ )

Coolmanio

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, finally a legendary Marth

Second of all, there goes the gender pattern

EDIT: Looks like I'll be pulling everything but blue this time.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Looks like I'll be pulling everything but blue this time.

This time, I'm going for gray and red. There's a chance I might get female Grima again, but meh.

2 minutes ago, escotanner said:

This time, I'm going for gray and red. There's a chance I might get female Grima again, but meh.

I need a better Faye, wouldn't mind a better Kagero, still am missing Grima, only have Gunnthra from the greens (and really wanted Alfonse), need a better Lene, and obviously don't have Marth. So I think pulling three colors would be a good idea for me XD;

Edited by Sunwoo

I am really glad to see Marth he deserves this!  Sadly the brave banner is taking my orbs right now so I will probably only take my free summons and back out.  

I didn't believe the gender pattern would last anyway. It was silly.

Anyway, on one hand, I'm glad Marth got the love he's been needing. But on the other, this is a missed opportunity to have Hrid join his sisters in the same banner that they're in together. So that's disappointing.

Marth having a special called Fire Emblem is so awesome and fitting though. lol I'm pulling reds. I'd like Marfy and Sword Rein.

Edited by Anacybele

Exalted Falchion...That sounds like a more broken version of Eirika's Sieglinde because Marth only needs to be buffed himself instead of allies and his special buffs him. I'm mad about that. 

Bleh, I'd rather keep trying in the CYL2 banner.

Finally, some love for poor Marth! 

I'm not sure if I'll be pulling on this yet as I still want to pull Veronica, but if I do I'm staying with Red orbs since him and Lene are the only units I want out of this. 

Edited by Medeus

Oh, I somehow missed/forgot that Marth is a fire hero.

I really need to get him now because I STILL DON'T HAVE A FIRE LEGENDARY HERO

... But seriously, why are all the red legendary units so far swords

Just now, Anacybele said:

I didn't believe the gender pattern would last anyway. It was silly.

Anyway, on one hand, I'm glad Marth got the love he's been needing. But on the other, this is a missed opportunity to have Hrid join his sisters in the same banner that they're in together. So that's disappointing.

Marth having a special called Fire Emblem is so awesome and fitting though. lol

Yeah, they seem to just kinda do whatever they want with legendary heroes. With how irregular the colors and bonuses are, it wouldn't have made sense to force gender. They're still sticking to about a 50/50 ratio, which I think is enough.

And yeah, I'm glad Marth gets this but Hrid's absence is strange.

He's the second unit after Zelgius to have two non-weapon exclusive skills, which is neat. (And the first to have both be completely exclusive, rather than sharing one with BK.) Still, nothing here I'm feeling too compelled by, myself.

@Lau IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING. THE STAR & SAVIOR GRACES US

YEEEEEEEET

*ahem* Only going red and maybe grey, as I've pretty much everyone on the banner, save for Grima, Faye and Fonse, but priorities. Glad I didnt use everything on CYL

EDIT: I forgot V-Hector.

Edited by Motendra

Oh yes! Happy to see Marth has his time to shine. I like all the colors except for colorless honestly. I don’t need a Firesweep bow and Kagero is underwhelming as fodder goes.

And now people can finally shut up about that stupid gender “pattern”. It’s not like there weren’t any “patterns” that were broken before this lol. Anything goes for legendary banners.

I'll make a token attempt on Marth but for me this is probably the most underwhelming legendary banner ever. Marth himself I can take or leave, and the only other "highlights" are Swordhardt, Vector, Alfonse and ...Faye I guess? Don't really feel strongly about any of the four at that.

That said, I'm firm in my decision to skip the dancer and CYL2 banners, so I'll probably try to get at least one unit from this lot. Probably going to snipe Red and Green from the get-go and unless one turns up super early, I'll call it quits there.

Also I promised to +10 Cecilia if the hero was Fire, so it's happening, Cecilia will be my first 5*+10.

Edited by Humanoid

Hell, it's about time, Marth!

Heh, the gender pattern is broken. Maybe people will stop putting so much stock into such things.

He looks pretty cool and I'm actually missing 7 of those heroes, but CYL2 destroyed my orb supply and gave me little in return, so I'll have to pass. Now, can Julia get that B skill in a refine so she can actually do her job?

Edited by NekoKnight

This banner line-up is pretty weak for each color IMO. As in there's a weak link in each color. Nothing like blue a few months ago where you had Winter Robin, Hardin and Fjorm. Red is quite weak for fodder, blue has Lancina, Colorless is okay but nothing I'd say is pretty good, green has Alfonse and I guess Gunnthra who is a horse mage

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, they seem to just kinda do whatever they want with legendary heroes. With how irregular the colors and bonuses are, it wouldn't have made sense to force gender. They're still sticking to about a 50/50 ratio, which I think is enough.

And yeah, I'm glad Marth gets this but Hrid's absence is strange.

Yeah, exactly.

Yeah, and I really want Hrid! If there's a third CYL next year and Hrid's still not playable then, I'm throwing all my votes to him! (Sorry Freddy, but as much as I love you, you wouldn't have any chance anyway...)

Nice for Marth fans, your prayers to Naga and raging like Earth Dragons have been answered. Not a real fan of him myself though, a little too mild and generic for my tastes.

Good to have reference to the fact he actually totes the Fire Emblem everywhere in his games, it tends to get forgotten. Sure it all it does is open locks most of time (and there is always enough room for Julian so Marth doesn't have to), but the Binding Shield is rather important.

So Caeda is a lesbian? Patterns are bound to be broken, a gender one was likely since there are far fewer female lords than male ones.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

... But seriously, why are all the red legendary units so far swords

Who would you propose for a Red Tome? Legendary must be OC or Lord or pseudo-Lord (Ryoma). Who would seem fine using a Red Tome? Micaiah alone would work, maybe Roy if push came to shoved off a cliff. Alm is the only real contender for a Red Bow. A Red Dagger Lord? Maybe Leif in the sense that he fights a little dirtier what with Capturing and all. Legendary Tiki for Red Breath? Well she isn't a main character, but she has enough to her to maybe eek it out.

At the end of the day, blame FE's history of sword bias on mains and the roster as a whole.