August’s Legendary Hero - Marth: Hero-King (August 28 ~ )

Coolmanio

I would like to have more copies of Legendary Marth for merges, but I don't have more orbs. Maybe I can use the orbs from September's quests and Grand Conquest.

At least I know he will be available in December. A good amount of time to get orbs. I hope there are not any banner that gets my attention (a banner with Brave Veronica would make me spent orbs).

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeesh, that map kicked my rear. And I haven't even tried Abysmal yet. Went fine until I hit Infernal at which point Amelia/Jakob/Hardin/Black Knight just weren't cutting it. Sad part is I probably would have figured it out sooner if I hadn't outsmarted myself. I figured I would need Amelia to Ignis bomb rather than to try and sustain with Aether. Was wrong. Amelia had to do most of the tanking, while Jakob did the murdering. Guys a monster. The only thing that survived a round against him was that wary fighter lance armor who was brought down to 37 hp from a single volley(which just so happened to disable wary :P). But point is in the end my set up was effectively my usual set up for clearing new story maps. I spent all this time trying to outwit it when the way to win was to just be myself. Still took some tricky maneuvering though.

As for the banner. Got Tharja. Marth looks cool, but I want the braves more than I want another Lene.

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I would hate holy Blood Anri because it actually undermines what is far and away Marth AND Anri's greatest acomplishment - Anri's Way

And Anris Way is like.... their thing. In Archanea verse its basically treated like say Heracles twelve labor. The fact that Anri manage to make the impossible journey as a normal human in record time shows just what kind of determined monster he is. On the flipside Marth is perfectly capable of doing that with pure leadership capability with a rag tag army. 

Granted Mystery kinda undermines this in a sense since Hardin still manage to outmaneuver Post Anri's Way Marth but eh

I actually don't think so. See, Holy Blood doesn't make anyone truly special in regards to ability. It grants no abilities beyond needing to wield a weapon. Anri was still a peasant in that he had no resources and no training, but he used his own might to reach Falchion, something that Marth admitted he could never hope to achieve. 

Also, Hardin didn't maneuver past Marth. Where did you get that idea? 

Your thought on Marth's Hero King design? Is it better than his Awakening or Warriors design? Personally, I still think the Lodestar one in Warriors is the best - it gives away that Ancient Greece vibe. But this one is fine too, since it kinda shows a sense of lineage between him and Lucina.

I'm fairly cool on OG Marth's art, but overall I think I prefer it overall. This new one is more heavily armoured, which I tend to be in favour of, but it's also kinda weird, gives an illusion of him wearing a fur coat. His face is also much more feminine, I'd say overly so even by anime standards. And while it doesn't bother me too much, the grip on his Falchion is absurdly long for it to be wielded like that.

Ideally I'd have Bride Marth's outfit with OG Marth's face. And when it arrives, Pantsless Marth's legs.

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Grima's Abyssal run was much quicker to figure out. Summer Camilla, NZ. Azura, Elincia and normal Camilla did the job. The main concern was bringing a unit that could actually survive Grima's pre-charged Bonfire, which luckily my Camilla could do so Summer Camilla could finish her off after.

I got around that with Desperation Nino dropping a double with her own special involved. Hilariously enough, I had to actually sandbag Ninos buffs so I could milk the axe armour for enough charge counter to pull it off. Used nearly the same team as I did for Marth, swapping Inigo for a 4* +10 WoM3 Olivia.

4 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I got around that with Desperation Nino dropping a double with her own special involved. Hilariously enough, I had to actually sandbag Ninos buffs so I could milk the axe armour for enough charge counter to pull it off. Used nearly the same team as I did for Marth, swapping Inigo for a 4* +10 WoM3 Olivia.

I wonder if my S. Camilla could have killed her from full HP if I had a special up, since I don't think it was when I tried. I get too caught up picking off reinforcements as they spawn that I usually forget to time special charges besides Galeforce. I might have had to change her special to something other than Moonbow too.

8 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I actually don't think so. See, Holy Blood doesn't make anyone truly special in regards to ability. It grants no abilities beyond needing to wield a weapon. Anri was still a peasant in that he had no resources and no training, but he used his own might to reach Falchion, something that Marth admitted he could never hope to achieve. 

Also, Hardin didn't maneuver past Marth. Where did you get that idea? 

Marth's key victory over Hardin after the war was the move to attack from behind Adria Pass to avoid Hardin's main army, which is so predicted that they didn't even get ambushed by anyone but the Wolfguard. Story wise, the only reason Marth and his army manage to get past that situation is when King Aurelis puts up his stance of neutrality, forcing the wolfguards to move back to a less strict area for Marth's army to fight them.

Notably this is one few things in Mystery that is like 90000% canon, since one of the orbs are acquired here. 

It's a shame that my star Fire unit is Lilina, who can't really use the Flashing Blade effect. I could give her Phantom Speed to give her a less reliable version of Heavy Blade I suppose, but the only purpose of that would be to free up the Heavy Blade seal for someone else.

I wonder who'd be a good team to field with him. It's surprisingly hard to build a team of infantry speed demons!

Red: Would have to be a mage, which might be Morgan. Don't have +Spd though. Tharja is unfortunately already assigned Earth alongside her husband Ephraim.

Blue: Tailtiu is probably a lock, she has good synergy with Marth, both wanting full buffs from the other two units. Lancina is also a decent candidate, F Corrin if only I had infinite feathers.

Green: Unfortunately green is a bit of a speed wasteland, since Nino is taken. It leaves 4* merges of Raven and/or Soren as the best candidates, neither is particularly inspiring and I don't have +spd copies of either. Indeed my current Raven base is +Atk -Spd. Might just have to go without a green fire-blessed unit for now, it's that barren with the next best option being Barst who would need heavy, heavy investment.

Grey: Uh, 4*+10 Felicia? A non-Brave Bow archer? Do those even exist without pulling Firesweep?

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's a shame that my star Fire unit is Lilina, who can't really use the Flashing Blade effect. I could give her Phantom Speed to give her a less reliable version of Heavy Blade I suppose, but the only purpose of that would be to free up the Heavy Blade seal for someone else.

I wonder who'd be a good team to field with him. It's surprisingly hard to build a team of infantry speed demons!

Red: Would have to be a mage, which might be Morgan. Don't have +Spd though. Tharja is unfortunately already assigned Earth alongside her husband Ephraim.

Blue: Tailtiu is probably a lock, she has good synergy with Marth, both wanting full buffs from the other two units. Lancina is also a decent candidate, F Corrin if only I had infinite feathers.

Green: Unfortunately green is a bit of a speed wasteland, since Nino is taken. It leaves 4* merges of Raven and/or Soren as the best candidates, neither is particularly inspiring and I don't have +spd copies of either. Indeed my current Raven base is +Atk -Spd. Might just have to go without a green fire-blessed unit for now, it's that barren with the next best option being Barst who would need heavy, heavy investment.

Grey: Uh, 4*+10 Felicia? A non-Brave Bow archer? Do those even exist without pulling Firesweep?

I wouldnt even field red together with Marth.

Green:
Definitly Raven with his shield pulse build makeing him into an excellent spd physical tank that can dish out dmg and still leaves his Seal Slot then open.
Anna would be an excellent pick too, with her high spd + Brazen Atk/SPD + a Link and her Noatun she takes perfect advantage of  Marths Flashing pulse and on top of that can teleport to him with Swap or Repostion and Link skills to give him +6 buffs to both stats you desire. (which double on Marth)

Blue: Bride Caeda, Ishtar, Brave Lucina, Deltha. depending on what you want to fill in the role

Felicia: is definitly a great pick, but any dagger user could prolly work with windsweep and speed phantom. Mathew or Saizo if you want a more physical bulky unit and bow check (with close counter and their personal daggers), Felicia if you want a magic check unit and desperation sweeper once she hits below 75% HP.

Imho i would go with: L!Marth, Brave Lucina, Anna and Felicia. but thats alot of premium skills used.

@borntoolate89 Infantry flash is a potentially really good skill since it only requires one unit to give up their C slot, which is easily accommodated by the abundance of S slot buffs. My biggest worry with it is that it seems to run counter to Falchion for Marth. It wants a bunch of infantry allies while Falchion only wants one for full tactics buffs so Marth can get +12 instead of +8. Then again, full tactics buffs moot half the point of Fire Emblem, making it just a guaranteed very strong moonbow, which isn't bad, but does make it less special.

Anyway, infantry flash. On someone else though, maybe not as much of an issue, say on classic Marth in a team that operates on invisible buffs instead of tactics buffs, or even one where the difference isn't as pronounced.

That said, he's definitely good fodder, but no shame in merging too. To quote George Harrison, it's all up to what you value (in your motor car).

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

@borntoolate89 Infantry flash is a potentially really good skill since it only requires one unit to give up their C slot, which is easily accommodated by the abundance of S slot buffs. My biggest worry with it is that it seems to run counter to Falchion for Marth. It wants a bunch of infantry allies while Falchion only wants one for full tactics buffs so Marth can get +12 instead of +8. Then again, full tactics buffs moot half the point of Fire Emblem, making it just a guaranteed very strong moonbow, which isn't bad, but does make it less special.

Anyway, infantry flash. On someone else though, maybe not as much of an issue, say on classic Marth in a team that operates on invisible buffs instead of tactics buffs, or even one where the difference isn't as pronounced.

That said, he's definitely good fodder, but no shame in merging too. To quote George Harrison, it's all up to what you value (in your motor car).

Thank you for the info! I was thinking about merging only because I haven't pulled one with great IVs yet, and I was hoping that if I boosted his stats it'd make up for it (if it makes much of a difference).

I used Dancing Xander, Fjorm, L!Hector and Magic is Everything.

And failed.

The first 2 waves are ok, I take out 4 in the first turn, then I take 3 out at the bottom and lock the archer. I can also take care of the top, but there's the green mage that always F! me over. That is the true final boss.

There's too many reinforcements and from every corner. AAARGH!:Nino:

2 hours ago, borntoolate89 said:

Thank you for the info! I was thinking about merging only because I haven't pulled one with great IVs yet, and I was hoping that if I boosted his stats it'd make up for it (if it makes much of a difference).

Glad to help :) Personally, I'd go SI since from my experience, it takes a lot of merging to show a difference, but definitely go with whatever seems best to you.

Got myself a +Atk/-HP sword Reinhardt though it took a little too many orbs for my liking; he was the only 5* pulled and I was sniping reds and blues - it took me about 70 orbs before I got him so I think I'll be sitting out for this banner since the dancer banner is still around and...

Datamine-related info here.

Spoiler

it's possible that the CYL 2017 banner is going to make a return due to the upcoming Voting Gauntlet's theme being "The Chosen Ones".

On 8/28/2018 at 8:52 AM, Garlyle said:

I want to see a video on the completion of that one. Full dragon doesn't sound like the best idea against Marth, thus making me the sound of it skeptical. I don't want to say that you can't do it, but some proof would be fun to watch.

Sure, here you go.  Not the same strategy as I said in the comment since I couldn't remember the steps, but then again I wasn't satisfied gangbanging Marth with multiple dragon lolis.  No, I had to one shot him with Nowi for daring to possess such an unholy B skill.  Learn your place Marth.

5 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Sure, here you go.  Not the same strategy as I said in the comment since I couldn't remember the steps, but then again I wasn't satisfied gangbanging Marth with multiple dragon lolis.  No, I had to one shot him with Nowi for daring to possess such an unholy B skill.  Learn your place Marth

I bet IntSys didn't even see this coming. (or if they did, I would just skip that quest)

Nowi one-shot Marth, and it's nice to see how useful Fae can be too.

After several days of trying strategies for Marth's Abyssal, I still didn't complete it yet. Due to the lack or breathing space in the map from the reinforcements and the massive enemy health pools. I looked up some guides but they don't work out for my due to ivs. I'll keep trying, but it's not fun at this point.

@eclipse Sorry for double posting but finally I have completed it.

Screenshot_2018-08-31-13-15-19.png

That was a lot of trail and error to see what could work. My strategy was to  make Tharja kill everything on the left side with Rein help, then to make a meat grinder of Marth's forces. I need a break of difficult content for a month. Then the pain of the next Abyssal map will keep me company.