August’s Legendary Hero - Marth: Hero-King (August 28 ~ )

Coolmanio

I'm happy for the Marth fans that they finally got more alts of him :D I'm also happy that I personally don't care for him so I don't have to pull for reds too :P

I'm mostly interested in green because of LA!Hector, cause I simply need more DC, for Soleil and for Young Tikini. Kinda bummed that he shares a spot with Gunnthra and Spring Alfonse who I both don't care for and don't really have skills I care for either, so here's hoping I'm lucky this banner.

Also kinda wanna pull for colorless, can use Lethal Carrot for NY!Takumi, and Firesweep Bow for Archer Hinoka....but ugh I should really just focus most on Hector for now I think D:

Edited by Mau

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Regular Marth is still awesome. They both fullfill different roles. Regular Marth is one of the best support melee units out there with Renewal and drive buffs as a buffer/Healer that can step in when needed. While Leg Marth is purely a Dragon/melee killing Machine with Fire Emblem. If anythign then Regular Marth is actually better because he is more versatile compared to Leg. Marth. Remember FEH is all about Team composition and Regular Marth can fit into any Team and be worthwhile and push that Team. Leg. Marth is just a killing machine.

That's why I'm not regretting it entirely. My regular Marth doesn't have the refine yet either (Askrtrio kind of took over the queue after 2.8. Just Anna left!), hence the tinge of regret.

Either way, BS!Marth can be pushed into other roles with a bit of SI, he just has a great default kit as is.

I wonder if I get regular Marths while pulling for the Hero-King. …I wonder if I have orbs to pull for the Hero-King.

Red looks really, really tasty for me: Marth himself, Lene (the non-seasonal dancer I don’t have), and Reinhardt with a hopefully better nature.

Blue sounds nice as well with Fjorm (the one legendary I’m actually using), Brave Lucina (whose drives are a-okay), and Wrath.

Even grey isn’t too bad with Faye (+10 pls), Fegrima (why not), and Flying Kagero (5,000 HM and a bond, I guess?)

But MAAAAARS

For once the new legendary shares a colour with units I don't have, but unfortunately I don't want any more red swords, and I have 0 orbs anyways, so I probably will just pass this one. And my track record with rolling for legendary units is pretty horrendous.

Though I hope this means people will stop complaining so much about dragons

Edited by Korath88

So about Marth, I watched back the video.

• Did 25 damage to Hardin, 36 when Fire Emblem triggered.
  • That's an 11 difference, which is 30% of 36-37 Spd.
  • 3 out of them is from Exalted Falchion so we end up with 33-34 base Spd.

Also he has 40 Hp, and probably high Atk power. But it could be that he had some buff, because he took no damage from Hardin, which means he might have lower Speed.

Edited by Garlyle

I think I'll upgrade the Phantom Speed seal and use Windsweep Nowi to soften him up for the bonus unit to kill.  Can't double him anyway thanks to his B skill, so might as well get a free hit.  My Nowi has 39 speed before all the Drive Speeds my team uses, so it should work. Probably only for weeks where he's the bonus unit though, I don't want to waste the B slot on that when I still fight lots of dragon teams it wouldn't work on.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

19 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

So about Marth, I watched back the video.

• Did 25 damage to Hardin, 36 when Fire Emblem triggered.
  • That's an 11 difference, which is 30% of 36-37 Spd.
  • 3 out of them is from Exalted Falchion so we end up with 33-34 base Spd.

Also he has 40 Hp, and probably high Atk power.

He's attacking the blue dragon on Chapter 2-9-1 Lunatic in the first battle, who has 29 Def, and Marth does 31 damage to her. That gives him 50 Atk with Exalted Falchion equipped or base 34 Atk.

Hardin is being fought on Chapter 2-5-4 Normal, who has 15 Def, and Marth does 25 damage to him. That's also 50 Atk with Exalted Falchion equipped. Hardin has 21 Atk and deals 0 damage, so Marth has a minimum of 25 Def.

Fire Emblem deals 11 damage to Hardin, which puts Marth's Spd at 37-39 with Exalted Falchion equipped, or 34-36 without.

That sets his level-40 base stats at:

• 40 HP
  • 34 Atk
  • 34-36 Spd
  • At least 25 Def
  • At most 31 Res

31 Res comes from the minimum Spd (34) and Def (25) values and the maximum total (164), so it's almost certainly much lower.

Everything assuming no buffs on Marth (none of the enemies are likely to have buffs) and Atk/Spd Bond not active.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Honestly, the moment I see infantry sword, any excitement just dies for me. I have far too many of them.

That being said, his art looks good and it looks like his skills are good. I'm not going to bother going for him now but I'll free pull red and might have a try in the future when there are units I want more on the banner.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That sets his level-40 base stats at:

• 40 HP
  • 34 Atk
  • 34-36 Spd
  • At least 25 Def
  • At most 31 Res

–1 HP, +3 Atk, 0 to +2 Spd, up to –4 Def, up to +8 Res from his base version.

Hmm. Not too groundbreaking at the first glance. He’ll be wrecking faces on a tactics team, though. If only Spd Tactic wasn’t unique to Lyn#5…

Marth is great! Although, I see some problems in L' Marth:

- He is great for Tactic Teams, but this put Infantry Flash in a bad position. Marth will only give it's effect to one ally, if the player has another infantry unit on his Tactic Team. Basically just swap Infantry Flash for a tactic skill. A Wave skill is also a good choice for him.

- Binding Shield is great. Poor dragons... But if the enemy team doesn't have a dragon, L' Marth basically doesn't have a B-Skill. It's can be something in arena: Or you will fight a dragon team in arena, or you will fight no dragons at all... It's rare a team with only 1 dragon, or two...

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Hmm. Not too groundbreaking at the first glance. He’ll be wrecking faces on a tactics team, though. If only Spd Tactic wasn’t unique to Lyn#5…

I am thinking to use him with Brave Veronica. If I give her Def tactic C-skill and Res Tactic Seal (or vice-versa), then she only need to use Windfire Balm+ to buff Marth. She can also attack with her staff to buff Marth. A Blade Tome unit is a good ally to have with Marth and Veronica.

Marth's new iteration looks promising and impressive - but the overall banner isnt really my bag to be honest, too many units that I dont care about atm, will probably just stick to the free pull and hope for the impossible

Appearance is awesome, though I am not hurting so much for him to pull too heavily. Basically I don't NEED to have him. Doesn't help that I am a bit iffy on pulls.

RED- Marth and Rein would be great, but I really don't want any more bleeping Lene's. And knowing my luck that is all I would get.

BLUE- Fjorm is kinda meh since Ephraim is my boy as far as blue legends go. Lancina doesn't see much use from me so extra copies would be meh. Neph is pretty cool though.

GREEN- Gunnthra is kinda meh for me. And Spoony Alfonse while I could use him for my collection isn't high on my radar. Just here to fight though is someone I would like more of.

COLORLESS- F!Grima I like. I need a Ninjabbit for collection purposes. And Faye. . . well she is cute and has firesweep bow?

But like Zora the banner just doesn't impress me much. I probably focus on the braves.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And a few male Morgans along the way. :P

THIS. I need more male Morgans. Give him close counter and watersweep. Bam! Killing dragons 24/7

Just now, silveraura25 said:

THIS. I need more male Morgans. Give him close counter and watersweep. Bam! Killing dragons 24/7

Yes, I want to +10 best adorkable boy! Then he can be like his father, Freddy! I always marry female Robin to Freddy. :P

Red: All 3 units are of interest to me.

Blue: I find Fjorm incredibly mediocre as a unit, however Brave Lucina and Nephenee are both desirable.

Green: Oh look, it's the legendary compass again. Hector is the only desirable unit.

Colorless: No interest whatsoever.

All in all, I'm glad that this is one of the more underwhelming LB's (in my opinion). More orbs to throw at CYL2.

I have to say, they've done a very good job of making Martha's personality come through in gameplay. Regular Marth has the whole supporting others aspect and this Marth has the whole not being anything special on his own, but getting strength from his allies.

Also, just remembered blue has Form for atk/def bond for Sharena.

Is Legendary Marth the first playable unit to have 3 exclusive skills (Exalted Falchion, Fire Emblem and Binding Shield)? Most of the units have 2 exclusive skills, being the weapon+special (Fjorm with Leiptr and Ice Mirror), or weapon+passive skill (Gunnthrá with Blizzard and Chilling Seal).

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Is Legendary Marth the first playable unit to have 3 exclusive skills (Exalted Falchion, Fire Emblem and Binding Shield)? Most of the units have 2 exclusive skills, being the weapon+special (Fjorm with Leiptr and Ice Mirror), or weapon+passive skill (Gunnthrá with Blizzard and Chilling Seal).

Zelgius: Alondite, Warp Powder, and Black Luna.

There might be others, but he's the first who comes to mind.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Black Knight also has Alondite and Black Luna though. While they're both technically the same person, it's still two different units.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh, I forgot Zelgius... mainly because I don't have him. But we can say Legendary Marth is the first unit to have 3 exclusive skills that are not shared between 2 or more units (at least from now, because there is the possibility of Exalted Falchion for normal Marth in the future).