August’s Legendary Hero - Marth: Hero-King (August 28 ~ )

Coolmanio

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Florete said:

We're getting a new colorless in November.

August
Red - Marth
Blue - Fjorm
Green - Gunnthra
Grey - Robin

Sept.
Red - Ike
Blue - ???
Green - Hector
Grey - Robin

Oct.
Red - ???
Blue - Ephraim
Green - Lyn
Grey - ???

Nov.
Red - Ryoma
Blue - Lucina
Green - Gunnthra
Grey - ???

Dec.
Red - Marth
Blue - Fjorm
Green - ???
Grey - ???

Finally!!

Also, here are the upcoming seasons:

• September 2018: Fire (confirmed)
  • October 2018: Earth
  • November 2018: Water
  • December 2018: Water (again)
  • January 2019: Fire
  • February 2019: Earth
  • March 2019: If there is exactly one Legendary Hero for each season + effect combination, this would be Wind, though it is also natural they have not decided yet what to do once such a "last" Legendary Hero is released.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/99na2t/seasons_are_locally_defined_up_to_february_2019/

Took down Abyssal with ye olde Arena team of TA3 A!Tiki, TA3 Nowi and Nino with Summoner Support, plus a modified Inigo +2 (TA3 vanilla Gronnraven). The whole map was pretty much a massive damage race. Of hilarious note is that Marth's anti-dragon stuff didn't do a lot to help him. I guess it made it so I couldn't bait, but Nowi was still able to crush him with a PP initiation (after Nino softened him up a bit).

This marks the second time I've had a lucky free pull (the first being Veronica), which netted me Marth! Granted, the only downside to this is he's -atk/+res. If If by chance I don't get another one, I'll summon support to make up for it

19 minutes ago, Motendra said:

This marks the second time I've had a lucky free pull (the first being Veronica), which netted me Marth! Granted, the only downside to this is he's -atk/+res. If If by chance I don't get another one, I'll summon support to make up for it

Looks like I'm not the only one who was hit by the -Atk curse ;( Mine was -Atk +Def

That Abyssal difficulty...nope. Not even trying it. It's rare for me to even cleae Infernal, I'll have no chance with this, hahah!

Abyssal team was Nowi (Ward Dragon), Fae (Fortify Dragon), Myrrh (Hone Dragon), Young Tiki (Ward Dragon).  With TA Nowi was able to survive with a sliver of health against Marth so Young Tiki could finish him.  Young Tiki was also the team medic since her weapon has renewal on it, so I'd say she was MVP this time.  

Infernal is done, though I have no idea how I pulled that off.  Dual dancers is still a thing, apparently.

Team was Leon, Soleil, Azura, and PA!Azura.  The MVP of the run was the Drive Def 2 seal on Soleil.

Put in 133 orbs (counting a few barracks expansions) and got Faye and Lene, plus a duplicate Reinhardt. I don't want to pull red on a legendary banner where it only has one character I want, so I'm calling it here.

Abyssal is interesting. Haven't tried it yet. I welcome new challenges, although I'm not sure how much time I feel like putting into it.

New colorless confirmation is nice. Grima is cool, but having her on every legendary banner is quite stale by now.

4 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

This map in infernal... is quite insane I have to admit.

I haven't figured out a plan how to beat it. I only know cav team is the way I have to go.

The combo Brave Veronica and Gunnthrá worked pretty well for me. Fjorm was used to defeat most of the mages. I tip is to get rid of Marth as soon as possible. I defeated him in the 3-4 turn, using my Marth with Swordbreaker, Steady Breath and Aether.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

But mentioning Veronica gives me an idea... since she can attack without getting countered.

Attack without getting countered, debuff the enemy and buff the allies. Brave Veronica is a great unit! For F2P players, she is the best choice as free summon in the CYL 2.

Flier emblem cleared infernal without much struggle, but abyssal is just nuts. I'm doing single digit damage against enemies with HP in the 70s to 90s. Though to be fair I did get panic ployed

Edited by Korath88

Well, this has to be my worst legendary banner in a while. Got potty broke by Faye, the character in the banner I wanted the least. Next break was Marth, but he’s -att/-res...... I think I’m saving my orbs

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Put in 133 orbs (counting a few barracks expansions) and got Faye and Lene, plus a duplicate Reinhardt. I don't want to pull red on a legendary banner where it only has one character I want, so I'm calling it here.

Abyssal is interesting. Haven't tried it yet. I welcome new challenges, although I'm not sure how much time I feel like putting into it.

New colorless confirmation is nice. Grima is cool, but having her on every legendary banner is quite stale by now.

Oh hey, I forgot my old Reinhardt was -Atk. This new one is still +HP, but -Spd instead. Big upgrade.

Also got Leif from the healing skills banner, so that was nice.

Flier nukes stomped Infernal, but I don't think they can take Abyssal.

It took me quite a while to beat the new abyss maps, but I finally managed it. Summer Camilla, H.Nowi, NY.Azura and flier Olivia beat Marth's map. I was beating my head against the wall using a single dancer team first with Galeforce Cordelia instead, but I really felt like focusing on blade tome nukes would work best choice to cut though the disgusting stats of the enemies. With 2 dancers Camilla killed the red sword, archer cav (gave her Iote's seal) and panic ploy healer all on turn one. Everyone camped in the top left corner and nuked all the enemies as they made their way over. WoM let me position the dancers as needed to line up all the kills from safe tiles.

It felt a bit cheesy when it was finally won, but honestly I don't think I have any better options for taking down that roided-out Marth. Even fully buffed, Camilla still needed 2 attacks to kill him.

Grima's Abyssal run was much quicker to figure out. Summer Camilla, NZ. Azura, Elincia and normal Camilla did the job. The main concern was bringing a unit that could actually survive Grima's pre-charged Bonfire, which luckily my Camilla could do so Summer Camilla could finish her off after.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Attack without getting countered, debuff the enemy and buff the allies. Brave Veronica is a great unit! For F2P players, she is the best choice as free summon in the CYL 2.

Thanks for the Veronica tip!

Could finally beat it with Xander, MageReinhardt, LALilina and Veronica.

Lilina did perfect damage to a reinforcement archer. She survived with exactly 1 HP while she could counterkill him with a dragonfang special.

2 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Abyssal team was Nowi (Ward Dragon), Fae (Fortify Dragon), Myrrh (Hone Dragon), Young Tiki (Ward Dragon).  With TA Nowi was able to survive with a sliver of health against Marth so Young Tiki could finish him.  Young Tiki was also the team medic since her weapon has renewal on it, so I'd say she was MVP this time.  

I want to see a video on the completion of that one. Full dragon doesn't sound like the best idea against Marth, thus making me the sound of it skeptical. I don't want to say that you can't do it, but some proof would be fun to watch.

3 hours ago, Lau said:

Looks like I'm not the only one who was hit by the -Atk curse ;( Mine was -Atk +Def

That Abyssal difficulty...nope. Not even trying it. It's rare for me to even cleae Infernal, I'll have no chance with this, hahah!

Same tbh. I'll take the L and move on lol

Although, luck was on my side, as I've pulled a second one just now! This time +Def/-Spd, which is... better?

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Same tbh. I'll take the L and move on lol

Although, luck was on my side, as I've pulled a second one just now! This time +Def/-Spd, which is... better?

The -Spd can be nullified with the +3 Spd from Exalted Falchion, so he will have 36 Spd (his neutral spd without the weapon).

My pity goes to the datamine character. Linus was great, right? And now this one isn't killer at base.

Since there was talk of Marth getting more alts earlier, someone posted, in response to me mentioning that I dreamt of Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2 being announced two nights ago in the general Smash Ultimate topic, here is a little video that is relevant. Takes place just before the start of the final battle, so SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Could we have a Flying Marth, that golden Daoist-Immortal-cloud-like platform doesn't appear anywhere else save for this one scene, but why not?

An excellent Marth alt if you ask me.

Well, not sure I really care to try Abyssal right now. Might try a bit tonight but eh.

Anyway, this banner has been interesting. Only spent 40ish orbs and got Rein -atk/+spd (fuck you), and Marth +spd/-res, which I'll gladly take. Would quite like some Nephs and a Hector, but I'm more than happy with this.

Jamke is, statwise, about what I expected, basically ranged Linus. His kit is rather disappointing, but he'll be a solid brave bow archer--only -1 atk on +atk Leon--and he's always been a favorite so I'll definitely build him. Anyone else think IS is secretly shipping him with Ayra due to Astra?

Edited by bottlegnomes