Cyberpunk 2077

Tryhard

I figured I wouldn't bother making this topic until we got some gameplay. And CDPR just had a stream showing the E3 demo that was shown behind closed doors.

I'm very excited for it. It reminds me of the original Deus Ex... but with actually good combat.

Amazing, but the graphics feel foggy or blurry is how I'd describe it as. The boss's laser bullet animations seemed delayed midair or something in real time. Like they freeze after being shot and hang in the air. The voices of characters get overshadowed by loud noises in the backround or music. I'd have to say the player chosen dialogue options remind me of the flack Fallout 4 got with you not knowing what you're saying, but at least here it's implied better

40 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'd have to say the player chosen dialogue options remind me of the flack Fallout 4 got with you not knowing what you're saying, but at least here it's implied better

The dialogue system just seems like an extension of the Witcher 3. There's white options for more information, and yellow options to advance. The Fallout 4 system had other issues that caused it more grief, but I mostly think that it got a lot of undeserved hatred with the voiced protagonist while the Witcher 3 of course got a pass in the same regard.

After watching the video I'm more positive about the game. I appreciate the amount of effort that want into the game world, from the possible ways to do a quest, to the interesting gadgets also the ways. I wish the ui is tweaked, it bleeds into the game. The red coloring doesn't help things. If the main character V is supposed to be her own person or the player avatar? Sometimes she says stuff with auto dialog; sometimes there is a choice. Reminds me of Fallout 4 tried that method, with mixed results.

I wonder how will the game play be with gangs that can lift cars and shoot lasers out of their arms?

23 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

The dialogue system just seems like an extension of the Witcher 3. There's white options for more information, and yellow options to advance. The Fallout 4 system had other issues that caused it more grief, but I mostly think that it got a lot of undeserved hatred with the voiced protagonist while the Witcher 3 of course got a pass in the same regard.

I'm not familiar with Witcher's dialogue system though thanks for explaining.

1 hour ago, Edgelord said:

I don't entirely agree with that, while yes the dialogue system resembles the Witcher 3. However Geralt is his own character, the player can choose the dialogue for him  but he isn't the player avatar. It's not like the player can change the skin color of gender of him. Unlike Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout 4.

It's like, 75% of the reason I'll probably get one of those new nVidia cards. So, you know. Hopefully it's not delayed and those cards are already obsolete by the time Cyberpunk comes out.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's like, 75% of the reason I'll probably get one of those new nVidia cards. So, you know. Hopefully it's not delayed and those cards are already obsolete by the time Cyberpunk comes out.

Aw, crap I wonder if my 1060 can run the game well.

12 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Aw, crap I wonder if my 1060 can run the game well.

I'm still rocking a Radeon Fury(Not X) from 3-4 years ago, purely because I was interested in how HBM would work. The thing will probably set itself on fire just downloading Cyberpunk.

39 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't entirely agree with that, while yes the dialogue system resembles the Witcher 3. However Geralt is his own character, the player can choose the dialogue for him  but he isn't the player avatar. It's not like the player can change the skin color of gender of him. Unlike Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout 4.

I do think to your prior question that it is more a role you are playing than an avatar. V has a set backstory of being a merc.

I don't know about AMD cards, but I'm not sure if the new Nvidia cards will be necessary even when it comes out. The 10 series is still pretty beefy and will be for at least a couple more years.

46 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

I don't know about AMD cards, but I'm not sure if the new Nvidia cards will be necessary even when it comes out. The 10 series is still pretty beefy and will be for at least a couple more years.

I'm actually pretty sure even my card could run it reasonably well.

But this is one of those games where I think "Yeah, I want this to look as nice as possible."

$1200 for a 2080ti makes me cry though. And over here computer parts are 1$ = £1 apparently.

Still, I am building a new PC so when the new Nvidia cards come out we'll see. But I already have a pretty nice 1070.

Edited by Edgelord

6 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

$1200 for a 2080ti makes me cry though. And over here computer parts are 1$ = £1 apparently.

Still, I am building a new PC so when the new Nvidia cards come out we'll see. But I already have a pretty nice 1070.

I'll probably get the 2080. The 2080ti seems like its value isn't the best. Plus, the gen 2 RTX cards will probably be head and shoulders above the 20xx cards when it comes to what nVidia's aiming for. It seems like getting the best of the best card right now will just lead to a bigger hit when diminishing returns kicks in.

Plus, that's just for the Founder's Edition cards. The aftermarket ones will probably run better and be cheaper, so I'll probably be able to snag something like an ASUS Strix 2080 for noticeably less than the FE cost. Also, my card looks like it still sells for $200-300 used, so that'll ease it a bit.

Edited by Slumber

Normally I would agree but I did just get a 1440p 144hz monitor this year so it may actually have some effect for higher end value. Plus I primarily do game on PC these days. Aftermarkets of course but even for some of them it's looking like they will exceed £1000-1200 at launch. I actually have an Asus Strix 1070 myself right now, which does look nice but I'll probably get a card from MSI next time.

Still, it's not like I need to run out and get one. My plan is to just transfer the RAM, SSD and 1070 out of my current machine for my new one. You can get a graphics card and plug it in anytime.

It's probably a good idea to wait two generation gaps for updating video cards at least, but it depends on % performance increase. 

RAM prices right now, on the other hand...

Edited by Edgelord

7 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

RAM prices right now, on the other hand...

Yeah, RAM's getting bad. All of those rare earth metals driving up the cost. I got 16 gigs of reasonably fast memory about a year and a half ago, and that was about $120 when the prices were really starting to go up. Now it'd cost about $160 get that now.

16 gigs is fine for now, and I don't know of any high end games that go beyond it right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 20+ gigs being recommended for high end gaming in a few years.