Future Legendary Heroes (September~December)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed. In fact, I'm expecting Verdande to appear in another banner. I just thought it was worth mentioning here (since Azura canonically uses lances, after all). Because of my FE8 bias I'm hoping Tethys gets it, honestly.

Anyway, what are the odds of us getting a FE15 banner in October? Red Bow Alm would be pretty likely then.

Tethys with Verdande would be cool. I'm curious whether they'd be willing to do that on a normal banner, or just some sort of seasonal one.

FE15 does seem overdue for its next banner, considering how recent it is.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tethys with Verdande would be cool. I'm curious whether they'd be willing to do that on a normal banner, or just some sort of seasonal one.

I used to think so too, but remember that we got Olivia with Skuld in the last normal banner. It could happen!

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

I used to think so too, but remember that we got Olivia with Skuld in the last normal banner. It could happen!

The thing is that Olivia already had a normal version, while Tethys can't really have one.

Would that stop them? Probably not.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

What the heck is Verdande?

Urdr and Skuld are two of the three Norns (equivalent to the Greek Fates) in Norse mythology. Verdandi is the third.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Urdr and Skuld are two of the three Norns (equivalent to the Greek Fates) in Norse mythology. Verdandi is the third.

Technically the second, though I'm just being a pain for the sake of it right now :P

But that's something to look up if you're interested, @omegaxis1!

If Verdandi is added, it’ll most likely be a lance, I don’t see Tethys as a lance unit, more like a dagger unit or a tome, red dagger maybe?, please IS, give us a Legendary Dancer/Singer, YOU KNOW WE WANT IT!!!!!

Edited by Simpsons138

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think Ylgr really fits the title of ''legendary hero''

So far every Legendary Hero has actually been a legendary person. We got kings, a Marques, a Nomad warrior, a demon dragon and someone who really was a legendary hero in his own continent. So far every Legendary Hero has been a character with prestige, accomplishments and fame. Even the two original legandaries are a warrior princess and the heir to a kingdom. Ylgr has none of that. She's just a little girl and even if she's a princess her young age makes it unlikely she ever did anything to earn legendary status. 

Her big bro is a better fit to be in a Legendary Hero banner. Ylgr herself is better suited for a regular banner, a paralogue reward or a as a freebie. 

One of our legendary heroes (Gunthraa) is literally just a glorified compass though. If anything, we should have no original characters taking up legendary slots at all, because it comes across as insulting when we have actual characters with actual accomplishments that warrant being legendary.

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Three Norns... Three weapons... A Axe, a Sword and maybe a Lance... Weapon Triangle... MIND BLOWN!

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

One of our legendary heroes (Gunthraa) is literally just a glorified compass though. If anything, we should have no original characters taking up legendary slots at all, because it comes across as insulting when we have actual characters with actual accomplishments that warrant being legendary.

Didn't Gunnthra put up more resistance against Surtr than all the FE lords put resistance against Veronica? Veronica seemed to have defeated and enslaved all the lords rather effortlessly, whereas Fjorm and Gunnthra could resist Surtr, to some extent, who is far more powerful than Veronica. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Didn't Gunnthra put up more resistance against Surtr than all the FE lords put resistance against Veronica? Veronica seemed to have defeated and enslaved all the lords rather effortlessly, whereas Fjorm and Gunnthra could resist Surtr, to some extent, who is far more powerful than Veronica. 

Look, I'm not going to touch the universally bad writing of Book 2 with a 10 foot pole. No aspect of character power levels or relationships comes across as being better than fanfiction.

Edited by Etheus

53 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

I don’t see Tethys as a lance unit, more like a dagger unit or a tome, red dagger maybe?,

Dagger makes the most sense, but I didn't realise she could be a Red one until just now (which also combines the other idea of her being a red mage). DO IT, IS!

...not as a Legendary, she wouldn't make sense, but eventually.

Back on topic, with the next banner being FE4 and Legendary being Blue, what are the odds of Rein memeing his way in? Probably close to zero, but a part of me wants it anyway...

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Look, I'm not going to touch the universally bad writing of Book 2 with a 10 foot pole. No aspect of character power levels or relationships comes across as being better than fanfiction.

Whether or not you like the writing, it's there and you can't write it off as if it didn't exist just because you don't like it.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whether or not you like the writing, it's there and you can't write it off as if it didn't exist just because you don't like it.

I can absolutely write it off. There's nothing even establishing Heroes as canon. 

But to address the point quoted, because you seem to think I have to:

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What exactly gave that impression? We arrived with Gunnthra in a near death state. We didn't see a fight. We do not and cannot know if the level of resistance she put up was at all significant, let alone better than what anyone else can muster. The story has repeatedly shown Surtr to be an invincible force of nature, and while Gunnthra knew part of the means to undo his defense, we do not have evidence that she performed the required rite or was even capable of performing the rite without our help; I'm inclined to say that she couldn't, because locating the shrine requires our divine summoning weapon. 

Edited by Etheus

12 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would like  Ylgr to be the colorless hero in November. We need more original playable characters. From all original characters introduced in the game, we only have 6 playable original characters, and one of them is a alternative version (Brave Veronica).

Maybe until November we had already discovered that Ylgr with the heroes is a fake one, and we get the true Ylgr. That's what a believe. (about the false Ylgr)

So I'm curious about this mindset, why should she be the legendary colorless hero. This isn't me throwing shades, I'm genuinely curious she should be the colorless hero instead of someone like Leif?

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So I'm curious about this mindset, why should she be the legendary colorless hero. This isn't me throwing shades, I'm genuinely curious she should be the colorless hero instead of someone like Leif?

For me, Ylgr is basically the Maria/Mist/Lissa/Sakura/Elise from Nifl, so I expect her to be a staff user, and I believe she can be a legendary hero like her sisters. She is a possibility for the Novermber's banner.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For me, Ylgr is basically the Maria/Mist/Lissa/Sakura/Elise from Nifl, so I expect her to be a staff user, and I believe she can be a legendary hero like her sisters. She is a possibility for the Novermber's banner.

Fair, but she should get in over the likes of Leif?

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Fair, but she should get in over the likes of Leif?

I didn't play Thracia 776. Leif can use a dagger, staff or bow, or is related to any of this type of weapons? If not, she can get over him for choice as a colorless hero.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I didn't play Thracia 776. Leif can use a dagger, staff or bow, or is related to any of this type of weapons? If not, she can get over him for choice as a colorless hero.

His promotion class let's him use all sorts of weapons. Including a stave.

Which would be unique if they chose him to be the colorless hero that focus on being a stave user. Admittedly that was in Genealogy & not Thracia

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

His promotion class let's him use all sorts of weapons. Including a stave.

Which would be unique if they chose him to be the colorless hero that focus on being a stave user. Admittedly that was in Genealogy & not Thracia

Oh, ok. I didn't play Genealogy too. Yes, he is also a possibility because his promoted class has access to staves... as well as Corrin as a Hoshido Noble. If we go for popularity,  Corrin would win this battle. What I am trying to say is: there are good choices for colorless heroes. Leif is a good candidate and he can be chosen if IS consider a hero from Genealogy/Thracia, but I don't believe he is one of the main names as staff unit. I believe he will have more chances as a Sword, Lance or Axe unit than a Staff unit.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I can absolutely write it off. There's nothing even establishing Heroes as canon. 

Within the scope of Heroes, everything that happens in Heroes is canon. Especially anything that happens to the original characters of Heroes.

It is Heroes canon that Alfonse is Prince of Askr just as much as it is Heroes canon that Gunnthra pulls a Rasputin on Surtr for a whole chapter or more.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Three Norns... Three weapons... A Axe, a Sword and maybe a Lance... Weapon Triangle... MIND BLOWN!

I doubt that they'll make a Legendary character wield that. 

Personally, they should give the lance of the three Norn to Tethys, but given that the weapons have gone to Azura and Olivia, that makes it more likely that the lance would go to a remake of another dancer unit. My guess is that it will be Ninian. 

She was first a Blue Dragon unit, then a Blue Tome unit, and now she will be a Blue Lance unit.