Future Legendary Heroes (September~December)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It is Heroes canon that Alfonse is Prince of Askr just as much as it is Heroes canon that Gunnthra pulls a Rasputin on Surtr for a whole chapter or more.

?

She used hypnosis to save his hemophiliac son, exercised influence over the royal family including its fighting in a world war, and then survived poisoned teacakes (poisoned wine too?), several bullets, a fall into ice water at night, and then took more bullets to die? (Or so the exaggerated, probably fictious account goes.)

8 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Didn't stop a Grima alt.

By which you mean having Male and Female Grimas? While I prefer counting characters with two possible sexes as one, the fact is they aren't, even if their personalities are identical. 

I'd rather Tethys get something other than a Lance, and above all else a Sword, for whatever weapon type they should choose to assign to her. Red Tome is first pick, and not just because of the glitch Eirika stole.

Talk of the Norns reminds me of how Odin Sphere assigned the names to the Three Wise Men of Titania: Skuldi, Urzor, and Beldor. The last one is a real botched translation/corruption, did they mistake the V for a B ala common Japanese translation woes, and do the r/l thing too? The worst part is that it makes the name look very similar to the very different Norse figure of Baldur.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, ok. I didn't play Genealogy too. Yes, he is also a possibility because his promoted class has access to staves... as well as Corrin as a Hoshido Noble. If we go for popularity,  Corrin would win this battle. What I am trying to say is: there are good choices for colorless heroes. Leif is a good candidate and he can be chosen if IS consider a hero from Genealogy/Thracia, but I don't believe he is one of the main names as staff unit. I believe he will have more chances as a Sword, Lance or Axe unit than a Staff unit.

I should tell you that I'm very much indifferent on who would become the colorless legendary. I'm fine Ylgr or anyone really, but if I had to choose it would a toss up between Leif & Julia since Genealogy is just under rep in general. And I say that as some who's very much indifferent to the Genealogy Saga. Then again, I also don't care if we never get lengendary color unit unlike some people. If anything else, we just need more colorless units in general

If the next Legendary is a blue one, then I expect Micaiah. She's the only character I can think of that really fits. They won't give us Caeda right after Marth, Lilina wouldn't get a Legendary before Roy, Eirika and Chrom would almost certainly be red, I doubt they'll give us Celica right after her CYL, and Alm is likely to be red as well.

Interesting. I’ll drop a few guesses myself. 

September: Micaiah, Ninian, Eliwood with Aureola or Nino with Aureola

October: Red Bow Alm, Zelgius, Idunn, SSB Itsuki, Nino with Apocalypse, Eliwood with Apocalypse, Gen2 Arvis, Hríd or Zephiel

November: Takumi, Wrys, Azura with a staff, L ‘Arachel with Latona or Idunn

December: Garon, Nino, or green dagger Nino. 

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

If anything else, we just need more colorless units in general

That's a thought that we share, especially staff units. Since the game's launch, we got 8 staff users, but one of them is a seasonal unit (Bride Lyn), and one of them is a enemy unit (Loki).

I still believe that colored bows were responsible for not having at least one more colorless Legendary Hero.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a thought that we share, especially staff units. Since the game's launch, we got 8 staff users, but one of them is a seasonal unit (Bride Lyn), and one of them is a enemy unit (Loki).

I still believe that colored bows were responsible for not having at least one more colorless Legendary Hero.

I think Veronica shows that staff units can be good and fun if you give them personal unique weapons.... She is the only one so far ._. I want more personal staves!!!!

I don’t really care about September’s hero too much. Maybe Micaiah or Corrin. Whatever.

What does make me curious are the two heroes for October and November. I’m pretty sure the red hero for October will be our man Hrid, who will be a red armored unit, while Ylgr will appear in November as a first flying staff unit (she revealed herself as a healer during the chapter she appeared in). I have a theory that all the Nifl siblings will have different classes and colors.

As for the argument of “Ylgr isn’t worthy of being a Legendary hero!”, I think that’s very weak. Grima isn’t a hero at all. Gunnthra only appeared in the flesh for one chapter before croaking. Being in the royal family alone is enough for Ylgr to qualify. 

• Diovani Bressan changed the title to Future Legendary Heroes (September~December)
39 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by one goddess and weapon type left?

Urdr and Skuld are in Heroes as an axe and a sword, respectively, so it makes sense for Verdandi to be the corresponding lance.

8 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

As for the argument of “Ylgr isn’t worthy of being a Legendary hero!”, I think that’s very weak. Grima isn’t a hero at all. Gunnthra only appeared in the flesh for one chapter before croaking. Being in the royal family alone is enough for Ylgr to qualify. 

Grima is a major villain. The Fell Dragon is worthy of the “Legendary” title as it terrorized its world and can’t be truly defeated with just Falchion. Ylgr, on the other hand, has done nothing worth the title. Unless that changes in the next few months, she’s better off as a reward. 

@ goddess weapon: Meh, Azura has one themed after a goddess already. Give that weapon to Legendary Sigurd instead. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@ goddess weapon: Meh, Azura has one themed after a goddess already. Give that weapon to Legendary Sigurd instead. 

You want Sigurd to dance? Because the whole naming of the weapon is because the other two are weapons that give stat buffs when Singing/Dancing. IS likely wouldn't give it to anyone but a refresher.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You want Sigurd to dance? Because the whole naming of the weapon is because the other two are weapons that give stat buffs when Singing/Dancing. IS likely wouldn't give it to anyone but a refresher.

I see the pattern patrol is back. Hey, if we can have Xander do a goofy dance, surely Sigurd can dance while riding a horse. Sigurd would be a nice choice due to Norse mythology reference. The weapon could still give buffs. 

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I see the pattern patrol is back. Hey, if we can have Xander do a goofy dance, surely Sigurd can dance while riding a horse. Sigurd would be a nice choice due to Norse mythology reference. The weapon could still give buffs. 

Goofiness is not the order of the day for Legendary Heroes I do think. On a Seasonal Sigurd? Yep, dancing could work. On a Legendary Sigurd? Why would he seriously have to dance? Azura seriously has to sing, it's part of her character, not so much for Sigurd.

Admittedly, IS did break from its naming patterns with the Harmonic Lance, when it should be Wo-Something. But I think they've learned their lesson here.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Goofiness is not the order of the day for Legendary Heroes I do think. On a Seasonal Sigurd? Yep, dancing could work. On a Legendary Sigurd? Why would he seriously have to dance? Azura seriously has to sing, it's part of her character, not so much for Sigurd.

Admittedly, IS did break from its naming patterns with the Harmonic Lance, when it should be Wo-Something. But I think they've learned their lesson here.

What you may think could be quite different from what IS could actually think. Azura has a Norse weapon already, give Verdandi to someone else. Verdandi doesn’t really need to be given to a dancer/singer. 

Hmm? IS “learning lessons”?? Laughable. They won’t. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

The whole 'legendary' name has little meaning.  It could be any character that has some importance.  Villain, hero, side character whatever. 

If they do introduce Verdandi prefer it isn't in the legendary banner, Azura already has Uror so we don't need another carrying Verdandi.  They could make Feena from FE3 have it or something, yeah she originally wields swords.  However Azura originally wields lances yet she does axes in some of her versions in Heroes.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

The whole 'legendary' name has little meaning.  It could be any character that has some importance.  Villain, hero, side character whatever. 

So far it's been two OCs, lords, pseudo-lord Ryoma, and lord-villain leaning villain Rob-ima. They have presently restrained themselves here, and although IS is almighty in FEH and can be an almighty tyrant all-free to destroy, reestablish, and rewrite rules at will, they do have in their divine nature, a want to maintain some clear consistency.

What it'd take to convince me absolutely no rules exist is Legendary Tharja, since she is ultimately a minor non-OC character who does nothing of legendary notoriety. At that point, it'd be clear they've given into cashing in solely on popularity with no other criterion. But until then or something like it, I will assume there are boundaries as to who can be Legendary and who can't.

I don't consider Legendary Lilina to be the same FYI, since the only character of legendary actions in all of FE6 would be Roy due to being in a game much his soliloquy. Whereas Awakening has significantly more main characters. Although I guess Cecilia can go legendary for surviving a Zephiel crit.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

17 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hmm? IS “learning lessons”?? Laughable. They won’t. 

The naming of Harmonic Lance was from the localization team only. Japan still has everything following the proper pattern.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The naming of Harmonic Lance was from the localization team only. Japan still has everything following the proper pattern.

Not only Treehouse but everywhere else that isn’t Japan, it seems. 

Honestly, the way I see it, Intelligent Systems just makes up the rules as they go along.

Ylgr may not be a character who has done much, but then again neither did Gunnthra. Intelligent Systems could very well consider her for all we know.

14 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That's because most of the other languages base their translations off of the English localization and more or less ignore the original Japanese. There are a few exceptions here and there, but pretty much all of them are character titles.

Citing one egregious case from a decade ago: Audhumla is misspelled as "Audhulma" in every language that uses the Latin character set. (I think only one language in the EU release of The Sacred Stones actually got it right, but it didn't seem to make it into Heroes.)

23 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Sounds like a case where either the translators are following the English translation's lead, or are outright translating from it and not actually translating from the original Japanese. I've heard of instances like this before, and I might be able to understand why it'd happen, I'd guess every country has plenty of English to not-English translators due to it being the present lingua franca, but how many translators from Japanese does Icelandic have (not that FEH is available in that language- just in general regarding translating from Japanese)?

Either way, it's inauthentic to the Japanese, the base, scriptural, language which overrides all others in this consideration.

Edit: Ninja'd by SF's (or at least FEH) Hanzo of Japanese translations and related issues. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like a case where either the translators are following the English translation's lead, or are outright translating from it and not actually translating from the original Japanese. I've heard of instances like this before, and I might be able to understand why it'd happen, I'd guess every country has plenty of English to not-English translators due to it being the present lingua franca, but how many translators from Japanese does Icelandic have (not that FEH is available in that language- just in general regarding translating from Japanese)?

This can be the case for smaller countries with a less dense distribution of Japanese translators, but the real reason literally every language goes by English, is that they also use the English audio over the Japanese. Most of the time, other countries don't produce their own game dubs (unless we are talking big names like Zelda) and go with English because it's more familiar to the ear for most people. Now, if you want to avoid inconsistencies between the audio and the plain text, you'll only use one translation and not mix and match between them. If using the English audio you'll also want to translate from English. Otherwise you'll get gems like the German translation of FFX, where they translated from Japanese but worked with the English audio, so there'd be wild inconsistencies between the subtitles and what was actually being said. The most famous moment is right at the end of the game where English!Yuna says "I love you", but the German subtitles, following the Japanese script, instead say "Thank you". Needless to say, the whole game was a very confusing experience if your English skills went any further than the 5th grade level.

So I can't really fault other translators for following English Treehouse's lead.

24 minutes ago, Nanima said:

This can be the case for smaller countries with a less dense distribution of Japanese translators, but the real reason literally every language goes by English, is that they also use the English audio over the Japanese. Most of the time, other countries don't produce their own game dubs (unless we are talking big names like Zelda) and go with English because it's more familiar to the ear for most people. Now, if you want to avoid inconsistencies between the audio and the plain text, you'll only use one translation and not mix and match between them. If using the English audio you'll also want to translate from English. Otherwise you'll get gems like the German translation of FFX, where they translated from Japanese but worked with the English audio, so there'd be wild inconsistencies between the subtitles and what was actually being said. The most famous moment is right at the end of the game where English!Yuna says "I love you", but the German subtitles, following the Japanese script, instead say "Thank you". Needless to say, the whole game was a very confusing experience if your English skills went any further than the 5th grade level.

So I can't really fault other translators for following English Treehouse's lead.

This makes sense for spoken lines, but this simply doesn't apply to any text that isn't linked to audio. In fact, the only lines in Heroes where you have English audio at the same time as there is the corresponding text on the screen is in the Special activation cut-in.

Also, this would not be a valid reason for any game that has zero voiced lines, like the GBA Fire Emblem titles.