Legendary hero battle: Marth

Hilda

I thought we start a Topic where we post Legendary hero battle Marth clears.

I am ashamed i had to pull out my recently built +10 Reinhardt >.<

Starting to work on a clear with the Askr trio, but i just started and it seems near impossible lol.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they decided to crank the inflated stats to the extreme. Can't wait for the blackhole difficulty next year. Reminds me of that unfinished Awakening run on Lunatic+ that I attempted. There's a reason I stopped because I value my sanity.

I bring two clears on Infernal this time: cavalry and fliers. It's not shown but -Spd Reinhardt at +4 with Hone Cavalry buff can quad attack the Wary Fighter armor knight on Infernal with Lancebreaker if he has Spd + 3 in his A slot or sacred seal slot. 

Cavalry clear

Flier clear

@mampfoid It might please you that I went with Galeforce on Cordelia for this map.

...Yeah, Abyssal's not gonna happen without a guide. Infernal's still a comfortable challenge and I'm already cutting it close in places. That being said, this was a fun infernal map. Shout out to the bow cavalier for having windsweep because I really appreciated it and to the second infantry green tome user for being the biggest pain of the entire map.

I was really looking forward to this infernal map the moment I saw Marth and his kit because I knew I wanted to watch him fight Marisa and get his ass kicked

After an obscene amount of tries, my horses finally powered through Infernal:
Screenshot_20180829-002306.png

Lyn had to hit the bench because except the lone flier all enemies are too bulky and too killy for her. And my Olwen isn’t even +Spd or +Atk!

Highlights of the clear include: Distant Def seal on Reinhardt to survive Glimmer Bolganone, death of the wolf mage by Xander’s Bonfire, and panic scattering after shooting down the Hero-King.

I managed to beat Infernal, but Abyssal looks crazy. I dunno where to even start XD

Anyway, for Infernal, I brute-forced it with Bridal Cordelia (Brave Bow, Life and Death, Atk +3 seal), Nino +10 (Drive Atk, Distant Def 3 seal), Olivia and Axe Azura. Olivia and Cordelia are S supported.

Unfortunately, I can't record a video and I'm not sure how useful it would be.

I started by two-rounding the Lance Armor with Nino (boosted by Azura) and leaving her in the range of the Green Mage. I then took a pot shot at the Sword Fighter with Cordelia, before pulling her away with Olivia.

Turn 2, I dealt with the reinforcements to the south plus the incoming forces from above. Most importantly, I KO'd the Bow Cavalier with Cordelia to get rid of her special, then I made her KO the reinforcement Archer, taking near-fatal damage in the process.

From there, both Nino and Cordelia had critical HP for Olivia and Azura to take advantage of Wings of Mercy. My exact steps were a blur after that. All I remember is that it took a lot of trial and error before I could safely outrun Marth and his men.

I cleared infernal with RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Freddy, and Reinhardt, but as others are saying, abyssal is something else... I'm not sure I have any combination that can win this or the Grima Robin one. I still can't clear Grima Robin infernal either.

I am currently not in the best of moods, which probably affected my playstyle a bit, so things didn't go too great. After doing 20+ attempts on just beating Lunatic, I was so done with the map that I simply whipped out a guide to beat Infernal with my BB!Takumi and his team of cheerleaders (2 Olivias and Lene). I had to improvise a bit, but still managed to follow through with the clear in a reasonable amount of tries. Checked the Abyssal stats and noped the fuck out. That's just too much for this day, as much as I would love to give my Sakura the golden Seashell.

Has anyone seen any F2P guides with zero merges for the new difficulty? If it turns out Intsys is now making maps that are borderline impossible to beat unless you either pay cash or spend your time in this game entirely devoted to clearing this kind of content (i.e. always pull for and only use the absolute top tier units), then I'm not gonna be happy. Wasn't one of the things praised about this game that you could use any kind of unit to clear any kind of content that wasn't the top tier of the arena? Also it's soon going to be pointless showing off Infernal clears of the maps, because everyone is moving on to Abyssal. What are they gonna do next year? +20 merged enemy units all around?

If Intsys really wants to keep things accessible, I think they also need to give us better tools in order to clear the content. Hand out more of the "desired" skills as seals, such as Vantage and Desperation. Or go back on the refine system and help the first gen units catch up more. I just hope we won't all be reduced to only using a few select units or be whales in order to get any clears. At least the rewards aren't vital resources or anything. sigh

/end of rant   

Edited by Nanima

14 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I am currently not in the best of moods, which probably affected my playstyle a bit, so things didn't go too great. After doing 20+ attempts on just beating Lunatic, I was so done with the map that I simply whipped out a guide to beat Infernal with my BB!Takumi and his team of cheerleaders (2 Olivias and Lene). I had to improvise a bit, but still managed to follow through with the clear in a reasonable amount of tries. Checked the Abyssal stats and noped the fuck out. That's just too much for this day, as much as I would love to give my Sakura the golden Seashell.

Has anyone seen any F2P guides with zero merges for the new difficulty? If it turns out Intsys is now making maps that are borderline impossible to beat unless you either pay cash or spend your time in this game entirely devoted to clearing this kind of content (i.e. always pull for and only use the absolute top tier units), then I'm not gonna be happy. Wasn't one of the things praised about this game that you could use any kind of unit to clear any kind of content that wasn't the top tier of the arena? Also it's soon going to be pointless showing off Infernal clears of the maps, because everyone is moving on to Abyssal. What are they gonna do next year? +20 merged enemy units all around?

If Intsys really wants to keep things accessible, I think they also need to give us better tools in order to clear the content. Hand out more of the "desired" skills as seals, such as Vantage and Desperation. Or go back on the refine system and help the first gen units catch up more. I just hope we won't all be reduced to only using a few select units or be whales in order to get any clears. At least the rewards aren't vital resources or anything. sigh

/end of rant   

I'd be behind this complaint, if it wasn't for the fact that the reward is an accessory.  The orbs are in Infernal and lower, which IMO is fair.

Speaking of Infernal. . .Leon/Soleil cheese.  But the sound is out of sync, so I think I'll just mute the damn thing next time.

Edited by eclipse

Here's my run with my default team for Abyssal, although I did have to change some skills. I have a feeling if I had more merges (edit: or if I bothered putting summoner support on someone on the team) skillsets could've stayed my arena default, but whatever.

Edited by DehNutCase

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

/end of rant   

This one (not 100% ftp but still pretty ftp friendly) was very helpful for me (the comments have the actual builds): 

Neutral Lyn works fine (though she needs the atk+3 seal...1 or 2 might suffice though) though I believe Reinhardt does need to be +atk. Merges are 100% unnecessary and the skill inheritance isn't that expensive.

It isn't the inflated stats in Abyssal difficulty that bothered me - it's the skills. It seems that IS has gone overboard with basically giving them specialized skillsets that would make owning nothing short of 5*+10s a requirement to make the map feasibly reasonable to clear, especially since the game is supposed to be balanced around deploying a team of 4. The fact that reinforcements are turn-based doesn't help matters at all. And there's also the fact that there's a time limit on the LHB maps (it took FIVE MONTHS before Grima's LHB map got a rerun).

Its only saving grace is that Abyssal difficulty only rewards with an accessory that is a reskin of an existing one.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd be behind this complaint, if it wasn't for the fact that the reward is an accessory.  The orbs are in Infernal and lower, which IMO is fair.

Sure, I even mentioned that. Still, it is another point (outside of recent arena changes) where the game is switching it's focus towards valuing highly merged units in ways the more casual (as in with mostly low merged, non-ideal IVs units) crowd will hve a very hard time keeping up with it. Also, as with Lunatic, the new difficulty does rob Infernal of being seen as an accomplishment to beat. If Intsys hands us tools to deal with this kind of stuff, it will be nice to see all the future Abyssal clears, but if not these threads will be much smaller, with few people thinking it worth showing their Infernal clears. 

10 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

This one (not 100% ftp but still pretty ftp friendly) was very helpful for me (the comments have the actual builds): 

I do have BraveLyn, but my Reinhardt is 4* and +HP (hence I never bothered promoting him. Many guides seem to assume you have him as +Atk), my Lyon is also 4* and I recently sacrificed both my B!Marth copies for Drive Atk (which is entirely on me, yeah) and have yet to build another Axe cav. I will not have the 60k feathers to promote three entire units by the time this ends. My highest merged units currently are a +3 F!Grima and a +4 OG!Sakura. So yeah, I don't see myself beating Abyssal right now. 

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Sure, I even mentioned that. Still, it is another point (outside of recent arena changes) where the game is switching it's focus towards valuing highly merged units in ways the more casual (as in with mostly low merged, non-ideal IVs units) crowd will hve a very hard time keeping up with it. Also, as with Lunatic, the new difficulty does rob Infernal of being seen as an accomplishment to beat. If Intsys hands us tools to deal with this kind of stuff, it will be nice to see all the future Abyssal clears, but if not these threads will be much smaller, with few people thinking it worth showing their Infernal clears.

Infernal seen as less of an accomplishment?  By who?  The only important opinion WRT to such things is your own.  You know how much work you put into a clear, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Now, scroll up and count the number of Infernal videos versus Abyssal ones.  As long as Infernal presents some sort of statistical challenge, I think people will share it.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Infernal seen as less of an accomplishment?  By who?  The only important opinion WRT to such things is your own.  You know how much work you put into a clear, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Now, scroll up and count the number of Infernal videos versus Abyssal ones.  As long as Infernal presents some sort of statistical challenge, I think people will share it.

I suppose you are right. That's really more of a me-problem, so I shouldn't project it on the rest of the playerbase.

You do rarely see any Lunatic clears anymore the days though. Taking my issues aside for a sec, I do genuinely wonder if and how soon the ratio of clears is going to change in the future. How long will it take for more players to really get a grip on this new difficulty? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, XeKr said:

The old +Spd (just +1 merge) Linde fury/desperation/bladespam from the start of this game still works without too much trouble, so it doesn’t seem like much has changed. Well it’s buffed a bit now by Flashing Blade Seal + Dragon Fang and double flying dancers + Tactics Seals.

Haven’t had time for Marth but I imagine it should still work. 

I was prepared to +10 a +Atk Nino or the f2p dragons Tiki/Nowi/Fae with my 900,000+ feathers but it seems there’s still room for stat inflation to go. >_>  

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Desperation blade tomes with full buffs have always inflicted gross overkill on normal targets, so I don't think it's especially surprising that it's still powerful enough to carry a team through these inflated stats. I think most of the problems I had with Abyssal was my EP dragons not having quite enough damage to kill—even with TA3 advantage (whereas Nino only had that issue on select overly bulky stuff, like the armours, if she had her buffs). I was beginning to wonder if I should swap over to multiple refreshers when I ended up beating it.

On top of that, while it wasn't specifically on this map, a friend deployed Rein against Abyssal Marth and it worked just fine. Old, mainstay meta is meta for a reason, I guess.

From the other (F!Grima) topic. Basically brief discussion on (essentially unmerged) desperation bladetomes+ WoM refreshers vs. abyssal. Brash+Desperation+Brave may also work.

Yeah I think Linde is at 77 atk after buffs, though the 115 Dragon Fang was needed for a decent number of enemies. 

Though I didn’t run Brazen Atk for 4 more atk, Atk Tactics for 2 more atk (forgot it’s an easy SI from 4* Legault), and of course a +Atk +10 Nino would have 5 more Atk as well. So at least 11x2 more damage before procs.

Actually I went ahead and did the Brazen Atk and Atk Tactics thing since I have the resources. Managed to beat Marth’s Abyssal (which is why I posted itt). I think Death Blow 3 or Swift Sparrow 2 could have worked tho. Possibly Fury, though it would require better dancer positioning (my atk tactics is on Axura). LnD doesn’t work with this strat, which kills the Bow Knight first turn, taking a counter.

Flying Olivia also needed Triangle Adept to team up with an Azura on a green mage (the ones that starts with TA, unless that doesn’t stack?). And the refreshers of course need WoM (lvl 1 is enough).

Anyways it was basically kill the sword, get danced kill the Bow Knight (taking the counter for WoM range), get danced twice and break the left wall (more space to move). Sweep the bottom, including the Blue Knight and Green Mage that comes down (The Knight with a Linde Dragon Fang. Olivia+Axura kills the mage). Kill the rest, trying to save specials for the remaining Green Mage and Marth. Axura and NY!Azura may have to take a hit from the blue cav (both are at full hp, I think my NY!Azura did it, and she doesn’t have Triangle Adept).

Edited by XeKr

I beat both Abyssal maps with my newly upgraded flier team, having Tana and Ninian join Corrin and Azura in place of Elincia and Spring Camilla. Having a second dancer and a second fast blade tome user goes a long way.

I don't have a turn-by-turn, but here are my sets.

tumblr_pe6thpqhgg1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe6thnAFrr1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe6thszglI1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe6thqzsLj1rj8duz_540.png

I regret not building strong teams with Blade tomes.
I am almost there. I already beat Grimas map, but Marth is another thing.
At the moment I am closest with L!Ephraim. A!Tiki, Elise and Axura..  

1 hour ago, XeKr said:

Though I didn’t run Brazen Atk for 4 more atk, Atk Tactics for 2 more atk (forgot it’s an easy SI from 4* Legault), and of course a +Atk +10 Nino would have 5 more Atk as well. So at least 11x2 more damage before procs.

Flying Olivia also needed Triangle Adept to team up with an Azura on a green mage (the ones that starts with TA, unless that doesn’t stack?). And the refreshers of course need WoM (lvl 1 is enough).

My Nino is +Spd and was running Fury 3 with Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3 and Fortify Res 3 on her for buffs and she still quite comfortably scored most kills. There were some were she needed to drop Aether, but they were enemies with 8 HP or less left, so if I'd been fielding actual full buffs, she wouldn't have even needed that. Barring F!Grima, anyway. That's one where I was off by nearly 20 HP, so a special was absolutely necessary.

TA does not stack. It just takes the highest value between both combatants and uses that.

I successfully conquered Abyssal Marth! It was, as expected, extremely difficult. But my team of Reinhardt, Camus, Hoshidan Festival Micaiah, and my recently acquired WT Olwen proved worthy of the task. Reinhardt was the only one with any merges, sitting at a healthy +4. For builds, I had:

• Reinhardt (+Atk/-HP) - Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cav, Atk+3 SS, Reposition, Moonbow
  • Camus - Fury, Goad Cav, Drive Def 2 SS, Reposition, Draconic Aura,
  • Micaiah (+Atk/-HP) - Base Kit, Iceberg, QR3 SS
  • Olwen (+Spd/-HP) - Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Goad Cav, DD3 SS, Reposition, Glimmer

After vanquishing both Grima and Marth, I'm pretty spent. Of the two, I actually had an easier time on this map, though initially I thought it would prove to be much harder than Grima. Perhaps some of that was simply getting acclimated to the ridiculous difficulty. However, I also found this map to be friendlier to a Horse Emblem team, and the mobility made it easier to maintain control over the bottom portion of the map without getting swamped. Marth himself is a less daunting enemy than Grima, since he could be safely attacked from a distance.

Went and made a recording of my Abyssal clear. No merges besides Camilla is +1 (which shouldn't make any difference), so perhaps this could help somebody else with similar units.

https://my.mixtape.moe/wdvzos.MP4

It took me a while to try going for the top left of the map and settling in there, but that's what ended up working best. I spent a long while trying to huddle near the bottom, but the Panic Ploy healer and red tome cav spawn were really messing things up. Turns out just rushing all the way up to the healer to kill it on turn 1 actually worked out, and it was pretty smooth afterwards, just requiring working out where to move units while dancing to keep them safe after kills.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm... not sure I can beat Abyssal with my Matthew team. The stats... this is just something else entirely.

This one does seem pretty brutal for a lower atk dagger like him. The mammoth def and hp on some of these enemies is nasty.

My team of Ike, Oscar, Soren, and Titania beat Infernal after only a couple of tries, but Abyssal looks like it will be... interesting.  Ike+Soren+Oscar are my core team, so I'll see what they can do.  I'll see if I need to switch Titania out to manage it, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do!