Legendary hero battle: Marth

Hilda

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Ooh, I was wondering what the Shove was going to be used for (very interesting use of it btw). I'm still so impressed that one turn clears of these are even possible, great job!

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ha, Marth really got kicked around, hard to resist that Ignis (ask the red manakete). Cherche tanking an Archer was surprising, but with all those enemies it's hard to find save spots. Celicas Luna was perfectly timed, that green mage was pretty fast. I could see it was a fun map to you, congrats! 

Not gonna lie I was a bit disappointed that Marisa needed a drive attack from Cherche to be able to one round him but dammit it's still satisfying! Yeah, that's the reason I was really grateful for that windsweep on it: she's bulky enough to take one hit but not two. Setting everything up so that she activated Luna and had enough attack to one shot him honestly took up the bulk of the time I spent figuring this out.

19 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

My Nino is +Spd and was running Fury 3 with Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3 and Fortify Res 3 on her for buffs and she still quite comfortably scored most kills. There were some were she needed to drop Aether, but they were enemies with 8 HP or less left, so if I'd been fielding actual full buffs, she wouldn't have even needed that. Barring F!Grima, anyway. That's one where I was off by nearly 20 HP, so a special was absolutely necessary.

TA does not stack. It just takes the highest value between both combatants and uses that.

Hmm, good to know. Though I suppose you just have Nowi kill the reds, whereas in triple refresher builds the attacker usually needs to beat the counter-color (sometimes the TA dancer can but they have very low durability still and usually don’t double), and the extra atk and special matters a bit more for those. This aspect would be an advantage of the double dancer and double attacker builds, to better address colors. 

I do know that Linde was not killing some red enemies as well on her initial attacks (before Axura/YT!Olivia weapon buffs), so in my team the flexibility of (atk) tactics was nice to not always have to end turn next to a friendly unit. I’m sure with smarter positioning it can be overcome though.

Also I knew about the (non)stacking for Gem weapons and TA, but wasn’t sure about the enemy skill vs. your own units. Thanks for that. 

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM teams.

Lunatic beaten with M!Robin, Nephenee, D!Ike and Sonya, worked easily enough. Infernal beaten with L'Ephraim's squad Mageirika, Ursula and Titania, with special credit given to Ephraim's bulk.... With the Distant Def seal because he's -Res and that turned out to matter when he tanked several hits from the cleric and the moonbow archer just kept on killing him otherwise. Also needed the BA seal for Mageirika because that was the one way I had to break the gronnravenwolf mage (the rave mage got 1-rounded, near 1-shot on EP), nothing else would have been as useful. They all had pretty regular builds (with most of their defaults barring Ttiania) and no merges. Nice to see I could figure out the Infernal LHB for once after a few failures.

Abyssal? Are you kidding me though? I have two of these monstrosities to deal with, give me a bit.

Edited by Dayni

I cleared with Flying Olivia, Valentine Lilina, neutral Reinhardt merged +1 and Legendary Ike with DD3 and QR2. 

Don't have video now, but I had to use Atk Tactics 2 instead of 3 and Reinhardt NOT killing the Infantry Brave Lance user so the healer, who I believe is DEMON MARIA based on weapon and skillset(Panic, Miracle, Physic), take time to heal instead of chip damage. AoE is great for avoiding overkill or not killing units outright.

I'm just glad it was't Wrys with Rehabilitate.

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid Ooh, I was wondering what the Shove was going to be used for (very interesting use of it btw). I'm still so impressed that one turn clears of these are even possible, great job!

Not gonna lie I was a bit disappointed that Marisa needed a drive attack from Cherche to be able to one round him but dammit it's still satisfying! Yeah, that's the reason I was really grateful for that windsweep on it: she's bulky enough to take one hit but not two. Setting everything up so that she activated Luna and had enough attack to one shot him honestly took up the bulk of the time I spent figuring this out.

Thanks! 

Buffs don't lower the achievement, they have to be used right. 

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah its nice to be back at home

Horse Emblem lives! 

Roy's GF shenanigans help me to overcome missing Reinhardt. The real classic Horse emblemer. 

Finally beat it.

Fjorm + Quick Riposte, L!Hector + Distant Def, Reinhardt + Drive Atk and

Veronica + Breath of Life ???

Once the green mage with the anti-cav was down, I smelled the VICTORY! I built a wall from Hector, and Marth's squad paid for it!

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@KadenUrsula confirmed OP?

Ursula for CYL3. Speaking of our blue crow, さるGames used 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with Draw Back, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, and a Spur Atk 3 seal, 5* Ursula with an attack refined Keen Blarwolf+, Reciprocal Aid, Lancebreaker 2, Hone Cavalry, an a Res Ploy 1 seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with Swap and a Quick Riposte 3 seal, and 5* Olivia (neutral) with Ruby Sword, Moonbow?, Death Blow 3, G Tomebreaker 3, and a Drive Atk 2 seal to beat abyssal.

I think this might have been posted already, but Wohko used 5* CYL Veronica (neutral) with a Spur Spd 1 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Spur Atk 1 seal, 5* Fjorm with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, and 4* Nino (neutral) with an Attack +1 seal to beat abyssal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUlMiNfcN0.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I think this might have been posted already, but Wohko used 5* CYL Veronica (neutral) with a Spur Spd 1 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Spur Atk 1 seal, 5* Fjorm with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, and 4* Nino (neutral) with an Attack +1 seal to beat abyssal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUlMiNfcN0.

Thats not Abyssal, you can clearly tell that its Infernal. The blue Armorer rocks on Abyssal 99 HP not 81, also everyones else HP is way lower then on Abyssal

Finally beat it on Abysmal. I  found this waaaay harder than Robin's one >_<. Won't lie, I had to copy the opening move from PM1's f2p guide cause I just really wanted to move on and concentrate on GCs..  ._.;; 

Did it with Jeorge (+10), Reinhardt (+1), Ninian and Veronica. Had to give Jeorge Cancel Affinity to take out the Gronraven mage in the beginning, he also had the +3 attack seal. Ninian had Attack and Res Tactics, and Veronica was carrying Hone Cav and Drive Attack. Reinhardt was pretty standard. 

So happy with picking Ronnie as the free Brave Hero >-<. She's done great work on F!Grima's battle too! 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Thats not Abyssal, you can clearly tell that its Infernal. The blue Armorer rocks on Abyssal 99 HP not 81, also everyones else HP is way lower then on Abyssal

Whoops, the purple banners look similar on the thumbnail and I just went from watching Wohko's abyssal strategy for F!Grima to legendary Marth's.

Edit: And I can't edit my previous post for some reason again.

Edited by Kaden

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Hey cool, I didn't know you have her already at +7. This does indeed please me and this has been perhaps my favorite clear of yours so far. Great Flier team, bet they get also abyssal done. Congratulations! 

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, Cordelia is slowing working her way up there. Too bad Abyssal didn't work out for me. Gave it a good a hour or 2 with both flier and horse teams but I couldn't beat it. Even used some precious SI fodder(Subaki and Klein) but to no avail. My cavalry team might be able to beat it if they had some extra merges but for now, I can't figure it out. Hopefully I can come up with something when this LHB returns. 

Edited by tobuShogi

Okay, putting this in the Marth thread this time rather than the "March" thread:

----------

Beat Abyssal again, this time with the Def/Res Tactic Blade team from my talks with @Anacybele! Halloween Nowi, Summer Corrin, regular Azura, and regular Ninian, mostly focused on having Corrin blow up everything with Blarblade.

This was a lot harder than the Grima Abyssal clear with this team, and Nowi in particular had to do a lot more work. On the bright side, neither dancer had to hit anything, so there's more flexibility there. Ninian didn't have to do anything except teleport and dance, while Azura's only combat was distracting the red tome cav for a few turns.

tumblr_pe93j6m6t11rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93j5AWHQ1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93j8CdjI1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93j1GkK01rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93izNRYY1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93jaksmt1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93iwCqmX1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93j345dl1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93jgKpD21rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93ixAWvg1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93j2QoB61rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93ixBKFS1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93iyXdpt1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93j5Af6S1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93j0PrYw1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93ivmNKF1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93j9h2xI1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93jdSZkE1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe93je5MFO1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe93jbuhaZ1rj8duz_540.png

A pseudo-F2P no-SI Abyssal clear feat. Finn (a TT unit) and Veronica (possible CYL2 gift); uses Spd +3, Savage Blow 3, Drive Atk 2, Distant Def 3 seals:

Note: the Veronica shown in the vid is +Spd. Consider giving Veronica Spd +3 A-slot.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Beat it this morning, and I tried making a video, but the audio keeps screwing up and getting weird, so I'll just put up a few pictures:

marthLHB1.thumb.jpg.b1cddcb1ae69ccf67ed3eff0223e5a94.jpglhbteam2-1.jpg.5683fefb5d7a92c6e54c36b0c845ae7f.jpg

Kinda funny how quickly the AI breaks down when those two lance guys have nothing to do but rally each other

@tobuShogi You'll figure it out next time. If I wasn't avoiding reinforcements with my approach, I wouldn't have solved Abyssal in two hours either. 

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Kinda funny how quickly the AI breaks down when those two lance guys have nothing to do but rally each other

Perhaps the most intelligent guys in Marths team: "Wait, they just killed 20 of our teammates. Let's just pretend we're not here". 

I would like to point out that Refined Fensalir is the perfect counter against Marth's Falchion here in Aybssal. Sharena's Personal weapon nullifies all buffs on opponents + she is blue, which makes all the buff stacking the units do on Marth pointless.

Could I have killed that healer more efficiently? Certainly. But I decided she needed to suffer more because she is a terrible person.

This is probably the first time I've had to use my blademages. There was a lot of positioning shenanigans to make sure people wouldn't be instagibbed by the Green Mage after the healer's Panic Ploy(WHY DOES HE HAVE THIS)went out. It took a few hours before I found a baiting solution that didn't give Marth and the Green Mage range overlap; once those two were gone, there was nothing threatening left.