Legendary hero battle: Marth

Hilda

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Could I have killed that healer more efficiently? Certainly. But I decided she needed to suffer more because she is a terrible person.

This is probably the first time I've had to use my blademages. There was a lot of positioning shenanigans to make sure people wouldn't be instagibbed by the Green Mage after the healer's Panic Ploy(WHY DOES HE HAVE THIS)went out. It took a few hours before I found a baiting solution that didn't give Marth and the Green Mage range overlap; once those two were gone, there was nothing threatening left.

good job, That healer with that panic ploy (as if the panic staff wasnt enough)and the red wyvern with panic ploy spawing later are the real crutch and boss of this map. It would have made alot of stuff more easier if they wouldnt have had the Panic ploy seal (also the green mages are annoying too)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i wasnt happy how my 1. clear turned out. Abandoning the Askr trio personal weapons to clear it.... So i went back into the lab and finished using their refined personal weapons together with Veronica <3

I realized I posted all sorts of stuff in the wrong (Robin) thread, so... anyway, I got around to making a video:

Here's a few tips for others based on what I used-- For those of you struggling with this, I think if you have characters who can fill these roles, you might be able to figure something out:

• A blue mage with really high Atk (like at least 55 but preferably over 60 with buffs, etc), at least 40 Spd, and has Swordbreaker can kill every red unit, including Marth. You need 40 Spd to kill the red manakete that appears at a certain point, who also has Distant Def, so keep that in mind or try to arrange it so your mage has a special ready. I used Ishtar with Blazing Wind, which she only needed to activate to kill that manakete. She needed Draw Back, also.
  • A TA Raventome mage with Bowbreaker. I used Boey and gave him Glimmer (apparently unnecessary) and Swap. They need enough Atk to take out at least the cavalry archer, which I had Boey bait by swapping into Ishtar's spot after she killed that very first sword infantry guy (Boey has 40 Atk, and had 46 on that first turn thanks to Ishtar). I'm not sure it matters what color this mage is, could probably do it with a low budget 4* merged as long as they have enough Atk.
  • A very high Atk/Spd green mage. I used Gunnthra again, which made Marth's AI try to chase her down, and thus he fell into my trap while his allies went elsewhere. Nin would work just fine, though Gunnthra's mobility helped me out quite a bit, and that might be a critical aspect. I had to use Spd Smoke seal on Boey to ensure she could an essential early kill though, and she had Drive Atk seal to ensure Ishtar could kill Marth. Like Ishtar, Gunnthra needed Draw Back.
  • Last slot is a tricky thing, I used Cain, but his build is practically identical to Brave Roy's default kit, so if you have Brave Roy, he should work just as fine (Galeforce was only needed at one point). Cain primarily used Reposition and took out the green mages. I didn't ever use WoM despite leaving it on him, so if you use the same setup and don't have enough Spd, slap Green Tomebreaker on him.

I'm really late for this. But don't worry, I watched every video I was tagged in, I just didn't had the time to answer.

@kirauza343 That was pretty cool, it was full of close calls with Cherche and Celica but your team pulled through. Congrats!

@mampfoid Holy hell! That map was so hard and yet you made it seem so easy. That's crazy! And to make things even more amazing you had to nerf your Cherche instead of having to buff her up to 11. My jaw dropped when I saw that. Damn! Congrats, that was sooo cool!

- - -

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

Well, this isn't as impressive as some clears that have been posted here. For an Eirika clear, let's say that the blue armor alone put an end to the Solo prospect so I had to make a duo with Eirikalter, I have it recorded but haven't uploaded it. If you want to see it just say so and I'll upload it ASAP.

Anyways, here's a team clear in Abyssal. I still haven't decided who'll be part of my final team but we're working on it.

Always nice to see everyone's clears! I finally decided to try Marth's Abyssal. Gave me the urge to try it out after all. Given how much trouble infernal gave my armor team and the ridiculous time I spent on Robin's I figured I would give up quickly. It took a bit to find the optimal dancer for the team, but was actually fairly easy/straight forward.

It was kinda hilarious though. My 4*+10 Lance Breaking Reinhardt needed drive speed support and the Speed Seal on top of the standard Hone Cav to quad that armor! Anyways once I figured out that I very nearly completed the map. Much easier than Robin's Abyssal. Only unit that gave me real issue was that dratted Gronnwolf mage. Ignoring my hones meant no one could drop him. And apparently he doesn't get hit by chill speed either. I inherited drive speed 3 times before I found the right combination to get through him and the lances behind him. Originally I used Shigure as my dancer so that he could tank the red cav for the team. But I ran into a snaffu with positioning. Using Lyn worked for that instead. Then I had to find the way around that hairy mage.

I tried to use Flying Olivia and her seal speed because that mage was dang fast so I figured it would hit him. Nope. Apparently he wasn't fast enough to get chilled. So I had to find a way to get Brave Lyn or Mage Eirika to get the kill. I tried Eirika's specials to see if I could get her just right to one shot him. Nope. In the end I had to use Life and Death on Lyn so that her moonbow timing would line up just right. Oh and Reinhardt needed to have his normal AoE special so that he could kill Marth and bring the Wolf mage down to Lyn's killing range*. However that combo left Lyn missing the kill on the sword at the start by 3 HP so Eirika needed to have the Drive ATK seal in place.

And then the lance cav murdered Shigure. I thought I had done the math right. But I somehow had an extra 10 in there. 10 more Defense or HP would have left him with exactly 1 HP left. Not sure where I got the extra 10 from. But even with his seal slot free for close defense I couldn't get the other four since everyone else's seals and C's were full up. And then I hit myself on the head. He wasn't doing anything anymore since I refined the strategy, so I could easily put in Axura who absolutely brutalized that poor lance when it dared to look her in the eye. Poor guy.

Given that Eirika and Lyn were the two who were needed for both clears, they are the ones who got the accessories. It is only fair, right? But yeah, Marth's was a lot easier than I expected. Even if that Gronnwolf mage was very annoying. Now I gotta hunt down everyone I used and set their kits back to normal. I forgot to do that after Robin's and had a heck of a time in my AA run since a whole slew of people had some really weird skill sets(Mage Eirika having Miracle instead of her normal special for example).

*Using that special is what I normally do though. I do have moonbow on him, but I just find the AoE more useful. most things he nukes right out. And since an AoE is easy to set the timing for and ignores color, well it is just easier to nuke down something he normally has trouble with.

Edited by Usana

20 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Holy hell! That map was so hard and yet you made it seem so easy. That's crazy! And to make things even more amazing you had to nerf your Cherche instead of having to buff her up to 11. My jaw dropped when I saw that. Damn! Congrats, that was sooo cool!

Thanks, don't make me blush. ':-)

Anyways, here's a team clear in Abyssal. I still haven't decided who'll be part of my final team but we're working on it.

Wow, I bet this took some time to figure out. Eirika isn't used to get more than buffs from her team, but I think in the long run she (and you) will appreciate the challenge. Of course she was still the star of the show, dealing so many Aether blows. Some Cordelia GF action makes every clear more beautiful and Micaiah cleared the path of some nasty blues. Many clutch moments, Eirika barely survived the first attacks already. 

Cool to watch, congratulations! 

a duo with Eirikalter, I have it recorded but haven't uploaded it. If you want to see it just say so and I'll upload it ASAP.

Would like to see that if it's not too much effort, only reds dealing damage seems a hard challenge. 

I'm so sad I had to resort to pulling Reinhardt back out of retirement to avoid having to teach someone Swordbreaker to deal with the 50-Spd abomination of a boss. On the other hand, this is a map where his default Blazing Thunder really gets to shine. Heavy Blade shenanigans are the best.

+10 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Bride Ninian [+Spd, -Def] (Fresh Bouquet+ [Spd], Dance, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chill Atk 3, Drive Spd 2, Spur Spd 1) [Summoner B]
+10 Gunnthra [+Spd, -Def] (Blizzard, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chilling Seal, Hone Cavalry, Res Ploy 3)
+10 Sigurd [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Def 3)

I finally found my excuse to buy the Forge-only Sacred Seals because Sigurd was 1 Spd short of avoiding being doubled by the Gronnwolf mage and there isn't a Drive Spd Sacred Seal. I hate it when that happens.

I have no idea if the Ploys and Chills ever hit anything worthwhile.

I'm also realizing that my barracks is so heavily geared towards Arena performance that I really have very little to work with on maps like these. And I have so little Skill Inheritance fodder lying around due to my barracks being so full. The Combat Manual update can't come soon enough.

gZ5GLsI.jpg

I thought boss Marth's 50 Spd was ridiculous, but then I took a look at my own Marth... who has 49 Spd. Okay. Fine.

Raigh made it possible with Seal Res 3 on Olivia. Had to give Ike a C summoner support and Reinhardt B to make it work as well. Panic Poly forced by to use Atk Tactics 2 instead of 3 because Ike doesn't kill the Green Mage. 

The long intro is to show just how much foddering and experimentation I had to do before coming up with this solution. Hell, I tried Reinhardt with Astra, Luna, etc. Astra will be featured in the Robin clear. 

And yes, I only pulled for Olivia because of her art's sex appeal. But having a flying dancer really helps on this map. 

I blew my 300 store Sacred Coins, and my last forge was for Spur Atk 1. That, and inheriting Spur Atk from Barst to Olivia was also critical. Barst is more than just Reposition fodder. 

Sometimes that Bow Cav went for Reinhardt instead of Lilina. Lord knows why. 

Reinhardt is neutral and has a +1 merge. Everyone else is unmerged. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm also realizing that my barracks is so heavily geared towards Arena performance that I really have very little to work with on maps like these. And I have so little Skill Inheritance fodder lying around due to my barracks being so full. The Combat Manual update can't come soon enough.

I mean I just ran my arena team. Changing Slaying -> Brave on Cordelia and Sacae's -> CA on Horse Lyn still made them an arena team, just not as balanced from a team standpoint. 

Mind, my team made the map a lot easier than others since it had 5 unit-turns a turn. 3 reinforcements a turn needs almost flawless play for 4 unit-turns but is pretty easy for 5 unit-turns, since that leaves two unit-turns free for positioning and buffing. (Which is why I don't like Odin without Bow Lucina in a nutshell, having free unit-turns make everything so much easier.)

There, abyssal's done. Totally not worth it for me outside of getting rid of units sitting around doing nothing (at the cost of having to use some feathers). I used さるGames's strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jl81PZduFk, but with 5* Lene +3 (+Def, -HP) in place of 5* Olivia. Lene ended up having to inherit Glimmer, T-Adept 3 in place of Ruby Sword and Death Blow 3, and G Tomebreaker while everything else that was required for inheritance, Draw Back, Desperation 3, and Hone Cavalry for 5* BH Lyn (neutral), Mt refined Keen Blarwolf+, Reciprocal Aid, Lancebreaker 2 (gave her 3 because I could), and Hone Cavalry for 5* Ursula, and Swap for 5* vanguard Ike (neutral), I did as was required (mostly Ursula) or already done so along time ago. Apparently I had Lyn inherit Hone Cavalry some time ago, but I never had her learn it until now for some reason. Well, whatever, paladin Chrom got to inherit Hone Cavalry from a quickly promoted Gunter and that helped with some barracks space.

Yeah, I'm not so keen on abyssal so far. At least with how they're approaching it. On the bright side, I'm closer to 200 Divine Dew for Cherche or maybe Odin or Celica.

Edited by Kaden

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I'm not so keen on abyssal so far. At least with how they're approaching it. 

I'm with you, there's no fun factor for me personally and just is a chore.

Resorted to a guide just to get it out of the way. Found a really good clear from link z that uses ReinLyn plus L!Ike, and you can even use an Earth blessing to emulate a +Atk Reinhardt if you have a +1, non -Atk boon one. Also his native Goad Cavalry is useful here.

I did have to just sacrifice a Selena for Reposition fodder though to emulate this but hey at least my barracks is finally getting a bit of space from this Abyssal attempts I guess. Still teeth-clenched inheritance though since Reposition is very valuable for me when I don't have that much Repo fodder.

Edited by mcsilas

guys keep in mind this is the first of the abyssal battles. stuff will get easier with more powercreep (tier 4 skills and or seals more weapons etc). 

Imean does noone remember Legion at first? everyone was on their toes with infernal and nowadays with all the powercreep that has gone on (weapon refine, sacred seals new skills etc) it has become easy to clear.

yorotsruuu yorotsruuu uploaded a clear using 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with S summoner support and a Quickened Pulse seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Close Def 3 seal, 5* Black Knight with an Attack +3 seal, and 5* Wrys (neutral) with Imbue equipped and a Def Tactic 3 seal.

The idea of the strategy is to bunch everyone up using the T-Adept green mage so that BH Lyn can safely chip away at everyone with help from the Black Knight and Wrys. thesiaoz has a similar strategy, but using 5* Soren +10 (+Spd, -HP) with a unique refined Wind's Brand, Draw Back, Fury 3, and Desperation 3, 5* Olivia +6 (+Spd, -HP) with no weapon equipped, Wings of Mercy 3, and a Spur Atk 2 seal, 5* bride Ninian (+Spd, -HP) with a speed refined Fresh Bouquet and a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* Karla +1 (+Atk, -Spd) with Draw Back, Distant Counter, and Sol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s76fMbuATc.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

guys keep in mind this is the first of the abyssal battles. stuff will get easier with more powercreep (tier 4 skills and or seals more weapons etc). 

Imean does noone remember Legion at first? everyone was on their toes with infernal and nowadays with all the powercreep that has gone on (weapon refine, sacred seals new skills etc) it has become easy to clear.

I mean, powercreep only matters if you're actually using the strongest units already.

If people mis-evaluate units and think a unit is strong when it's actually weak, or weak when it's actually strong, then their team comps would naturally fail to clear certain maps. It's why I'm pretty annoyed at dragons and armors being consistently rated highly, when people think Effie is on the same level as Reinhardt there's a pretty big problem in terms of game understanding.

Even a purely usage based tier-list would be more accurate than the stuff we have now, I think. Just look at how many people use, say, Olivia or Bow Lyn over Arden.

My arena team (that is, my 'ideal' setup if bonus units aren't a problem) is Cordelia +10, Rein +6, Flying Azura +1, and Horse Lyn +1. And they crushed Marth Abyssal, because they're strong units. The lowest scoring unit on my team---back when I did some unit evaluations for the thread---is Cordelia at 8.5/10, and she has a bunch of merges to compensate for the fact that she's not quite at the rest of the team's level.

27 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If people mis-evaluate units and think a unit is strong when it's actually weak, or weak when it's actually strong, then their team comps would naturally fail to clear certain maps. It's why I'm pretty annoyed at dragons and armors being consistently rated highly, when people think Effie is on the same level as Reinhardt there's a pretty big problem in terms of game understanding.

In the Arena, a single unit often only has to fight one or two rounds of combat, not survive an onslaught of a dozen and a half enemies. Dragons and armors have a significant advantage over other unit types when they don't need to worry about their sustain and can simply go for raw combat performance.

Furthermore, PvE content is almost devoid of Distant Counter, which significantly increases the viability of ranged units, allowing them to get in a lot more free attacks. Additionally, because you can always see beforehand which enemy units are capable of counterattacking at range, you can always plan ahead for it to make sure your units can deal with it.

On top of that, Arena map designs are typically "fair" in that obstructions due to terrain are close to symmetric or even favor the player. Challenge maps are the opposite where maps are specifically designed to be unfair with enemy skills and threat ranges specifically designed to restrict how the player can approach the map. This makes it a lot easier to pick and choose your engagements in the Arena and reduces the importance of having superior mobility.

I also don't see how you can argue that you have a good understanding of the game when you admit to have so little experience with alternative play styles.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the Arena, a single unit often only has to fight one or two rounds of combat, not survive an onslaught of a dozen and a half enemies. Dragons and armors have a significant advantage over other unit types when they don't need to worry about their sustain and can simply go for raw combat performance.

Furthermore, PvE content is almost devoid of Distant Counter, which significantly increases the viability of ranged units, allowing them to get in a lot more free attacks. Additionally, because you can always see beforehand which enemy units are capable of counterattacking at range, you can always plan ahead for it to make sure your units can deal with it.

On top of that, Arena map designs are typically "fair" in that obstructions due to terrain are close to symmetric or even favor the player. Challenge maps are the opposite where maps are specifically designed to be unfair with enemy skills and threat ranges specifically designed to restrict how the player can approach the map. This makes it a lot easier to pick and choose your engagements in the Arena and reduces the importance of having superior mobility.

I also don't see how you can argue that you have a good understanding of the game when you admit to have so little experience with alternative play styles.

Dragons are one of the unit types I consider perfectly balanced due to a combination of their current power level and how their design works:

First, dragons are designed to check one specific, but very broad unit type. Units that win fights by attacking you. (This is mages without CC, melees with firesweep, and so on.)

Second, dragons are checked, checked, not countered, by a specific, but very broad unit type. Melee units. Because they're designed to counter units that initiate, they have problems initiating themselves, due to stat spread (low speed in general) and skillset (no access to Galeforce + doesn't really want the 'classic' combat skills like L&D).

I like their design a lot because:

A, They do exactly what they're meant to do. (The mixed attack type change means the devs are very much aware of how they want dragons to work---ranged units very much prefer to attack rather than counter, and giving them mixed damage means their low speed is less of an issue by threatening OHKOs on the counter.)

B, They have a large amount of checks and a reasonable amount of counters.

I also like armors for a same reason, but only armors in their current state, where they have tons of fighter skills. Without the fighter skills they're very unbalanced, but in a bad way---they're too underpowered.

Armors counter units that can't leverage a mobility or positioning advantage to win fights. This is: Melee units with average mobility, ranged units with low mobility and/or are threatened by counter attacks, and AI units. This is because in a fight where they aren't 'gimped,' armors flat out win with better BST and better combat skills.

In exchange, however, they're checked by everything they don't counter. This is sweep users, people who OHKO consistently, and people who can leverage their superior mobility to get more stats than armors can. Pretty much every buff in the game in positioning dependent, which means it's pretty easy to trade mobility for stats, and also fairly simple to use mobility to deny your enemy stats. (This is why the fighter skills are important, without them armors would lose even a 'fair' fight, since +12 stats from a Hone Type buff covers the difference in BST between, say, a Flier and an Armor.)

This is why I wouldn't have minded -blade skills on armor unit. -blade is the equivalent of an extremely good combat skill, but what would push armors to broken rather than balanced territory isn't extremely good combat, it's mobility. Since if armors had mobility then most of their checks stop working, they'd just walk up and hit their checks to death.

Which brings us to horses. Melee horses are pretty balanced, all things considered---they're one of the best Galeforce users, since their movement-turn is so good, but that's balanced by their slightly worse combat compared to fliers and the fact that we're now designing arena with the knowledge that 'balanced' maps are horse favored. If a map doesn't have trenches on it, it's a horse map, and the new trench arena maps are designed with that knowledge. (Fortunately we don't have any fliers as close to being busted as Reinhardt is, because every map that's 'balanced' is flier favored, it was just hard to notice before trenches because horses are favored more.)

Ranged horses, from a design standpoint, counters everything that has mobility issues and are checked by everything that can use positioning to eliminate a ranged horse's mobility advantage. This is: Units that simply don't die when ranged horses initiate and units that have enough range, themselves, to threaten ranged horses. Counter-killing is optional, being able to survive the ORKO already checks a ranged horse. Since, assuming IS doesn't throw balance out the window and introduce a horse dance, horse's better mobility means that it would take 3 units to do a initiate-dance-reinitiate combo, because another horse would need to use repo or draw back so the dancer is in range to actually dance something, and that's fairly predictable.

The reason ranged horses are an issue is because they have tools to counter all of their checks*, and that's just not how you design a balanced unit. What's important to balance isn't counters, units that utterly stomp a matchup, but checks, units that are slightly advantaged. This is because it costs a lot to counter a unit, but only a little to check a unit, to counter Reinhardt you need enough Res to survive the initiation, the right color and enough speed to not get doubled (with breaker effects or some kind of janky speedy Reinhardt build), and enough damage to ORKO through 38/27/25 bulk on offense and defense. To check Reinhardt you just have to have enough mobility that it's reasonable for you to hit him before he hits you., and enough damage to ORKO (2 move ranged or 3 move melee is enough for this).

*Brave Weapons and -blade threaten very consistent ORKOs on initiation, and firesweeps and dazzling staves can't be countered if you're trying to counter-kill back. And the second check, the mobility one, is more or less saying: 'ranged horses check ranged horses,' and that's not how you make a balanced game. Dragons check tomes, not other dragons, for example, and they're checked by melee units---some of which are dragons, but most of which aren't---that's why dragons are balanced. Same for armors, armors are good against other armors---units always check themselves---but they have more checks than just that. Dragons check them, Reinhardt checks them, Firesweep + mobility checks them, etc.

Reinhardt has counters, but not a lot of checks---that's is why he's unbalanced. If a unit can survive one hit from -blade Reinhardt, and can ORKO Reinhardt, he's a counter to Rein, meaning he's probably green, most likely running Dull Ranged. If he's a check, on the other hand, that is: he only has the ORKO and enough mobility to hit Rein first relatively consistently, then Reinhardt OHKOs him with Vantage. It wouldn't be too much of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that, despite CC, despite Vantage, Rein is still a primarily player phase unit, meaning most people will die to his initiation, so you can't check him the way you check dragons by letting him initiate, since you'd just die.

Mind, this is the CC set, which is only practical with Bow!Lucina, a horse dancer, a tactics team, or more or less complete horse emblem.

His DB3, breaker, Glimmer\Moonbow Pulse set is a lot easier to check, but not easy to check consistently. You kill Reinhardt by doubling him because 38/27/25 bulk is actually fairly decent versus single hits or brave doubles, -breakers stop doubles while also forcing a Reinhardt double (which pretty much nothing survives). Yeah, it's usually lance breaker, meaning it's only lances that don't check him anymore, but the fact that it could be Swordbreaker or Red Tome breaker or even Blue Tome breaker means that consistently checking all Reinhardt variants is asinine.

Or you can just always run at least one green in a team, which is also kind of asinine.

And in terms of the Marth Abyssal map itself, Reinhardt is unbalanced because he 2HKO'd almost everyone I sent him against except the Wary Fighter Lance at the start, meaning it'd take a lot to make him take counter damage vs. DC. (The damage he took was entirely from the panic staffer hitting him over and over again.) And a simple Glimmer over Moonbow would've caught everyone he didn't 2HKO, the main one being the reinforcement red dragon---I dealt with that one with Horse Lyn providing chip, but if it had DC I'd just Glimmer it to death. Abyssal's high hp pools means that glimmer is actually useful for once.

DC simply isn't a check until ranged horses don't consistently KO before the counter. (And they pretty much also have to be dragons since Lyn exists.)

Also, you seem to think that Rein & Co. would be hurt more by DC than armors and dragons would be hurt by CC, when they already have sustain problems compared to player phase units. Like, yeah, Rein & Co. would be a bit worse if everyone had DC---if we ignore the fact that DC makes you easier to 2HKO---but they'd also get a bit better if everyone had CC. (Because then you can't run TA-3 Raven sets anymore, like that green mage who starts on the map.)

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

Legion was fucked up since his Infernal Map was easier. Lunatic and Hard can go to hell though

On 2/9/2018 at 5:07 PM, mampfoid said:

Thanks, don't make me blush. ':-)

Wow, I bet this took some time to figure out. Eirika isn't used to get more than buffs from her team, but I think in the long run she (and you) will appreciate the challenge. Of course she was still the star of the show, dealing so many Aether blows. Some Cordelia GF action makes every clear more beautiful and Micaiah cleared the path of some nasty blues. Many clutch moments, Eirika barely survived the first attacks already. 

Cool to watch, congratulations! 

Would like to see that if it's not too much effort, only reds dealing damage seems a hard challenge. 

Thanks! It is kinda odd to have the whole team work which is why I have some trouble finding the perfect teammates for Eirika (Cordelia aside, she's a staple) but hopefully it'll work out.

Sorry about being late, the video I did was on Infernal which is very tough but I said to myself "Eirika and Eirikalter can do a lot better than this, and I'll show everyone their true strength!" So I re-did the video and ended with this. Fitting that I finished it just 2 hours before the map expires. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

I'm very proud of this clear, after all this one shows how far one can go while using only their favorite characters.

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm very proud of this clear, after all this one shows how far one can go while using only their favorite characters.

Cool stuff, congrats! 

Astra + Heavy Blade on a bladetome is a neat combination, should try that myself. It was perfect to deal with Marth. 

Getting rid of that Wary Fighter Knight was real teamwork, both Eirikas together dealt exactly the necessary damage.

Funny how the healer is the secret end-boss of this map. It's hard to kill him earlier, even if he is part of Marths starting crew. 

@Hilda This is one of those times I'm jealous of your +10's. Fantastic OP clear. You made it seem like Reinhardt was going to carry the team but everyone honestly put in equal work. There were so many nailbiters, seeing Soren deal just enough damage to the archer to kill, the extreme anxiety I felt when you left Marth in range of both the healer and L!Marth when you didn't have to and the lack of both healer and dancer support against all those inflated enemies. All in all it was a great clear. Awesome music choice as well, as always, really.

The Askr trio clear was just legendary. Veronica is truly a goddess. Yes, the trio performed remarkably, from amazing astra procs from Anna and Sharena to Alfonse proving his worth as a Brave Sword user even without Death Blow to Anna still teleporting even without her weapon. But Veronica was the pillar for the team here. She really is the new Goddess of PvE, but ignoring all that, there's something about her working with the Askr trio that just puts a smile on my face. I hope one day we can do this with the real Veronica.

@eclipse Always nice to see that Leon. Didn't expect Soleil though! Also noticed Lancebreaker. It's sad that that one armor forced so many people to run that B skill on this map. Just for him.

@mampfoid 30+ HP and a million stats later and you're still making the magic happen! I had no idea how you were going to do this but Savage Blow once again proved it's usefulness. Funnily enough it was crucial for me to clear Abyssal as well. The healer had her defenses buffed by Marth but you still managed to kill her with your Cordelia. That +10 and +ATK nature shining once more.

@Alexmender I feel a little bad, as you were still able to clear Abyssal with your premiere unit whereas I was not. Perhaps with a different team I could, but It just wouldn't feel right. It may not have been a solo but Eirika shined here as always, especially against the blues. This map is heavily skewed against sword units which only makes her performance all the more impressive. Micaiah running LB3 so well also makes me thing I really should swap out that default Guard at some point.

The duo clear only made this even more apparent. I really couldn't believe OG Eirika survived that lance cav with 24 HP left. Truly astounding. Astra on Blade Tome mages is also something I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing. "What Range!" makes me laugh though.

Also... why is everyone calling the healer a "he"?...

@silveraura25 @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @mcsilas

I know I couldn't be any later. I actually recorded with days left of the map. I did the editing and uploaded it, but the map expired, days passed with me being busy and then being too tired... and I thought I'd just throw them up there but I remembered these posts are really a process. Watching everyone's clears, commenting on what I think, then posting up my clears with lines of text saying my experience (which I like to do mind you.) between each clear. Then it's the Matthew clear, Morgan clear and now either a themed or Abyssal clear.

Thing is my time is dwindling and... with that being a reality while this is fun it's starting to feel like an obligation... and that's less fun. I'm saying this because I might start scaling back the recordings soon. With a job and school (time to learn some new RL tricks!) on the horizon I'm not going to have half the time I do now (and even now that's not a whole lot) so I might go back to just the Matthew clears and just do more when I can which won't be all the time. I'm saying this because I felt bad that so much time passed without me uploading and that... wasn't fun. I just wanted to make things clear is all. When this starts to feel like a job, that's when it's time to scale things back. That and when you begin to sacrifice things like sleep.

With that out of the way, clear time.

For the Matthew clear I actually needed to run not only Aether on Matt, but to finally give Inigo TA3 and Lancebreaker on top of it, just to deal with that pesky armor. Matt also finally got CA3 (which annoys me as I spent 20k feathers on it right before we got Jamke). Ayra needed a bit more kick to contribute this time around but her and Genny worked together on the south side of the map. 

In the end though, it came down to Matthew and Marth facing off against eachother with their armies at their backs, buffing eachother out the wazoo. It was something of a spectacle. Who came out on top though? Come on... you already know. Let's do this.

The Morgan clear was a bit trickier purely because of the beginning. The team needed eachother in order to kill the first set of enemies but the reinforcements came too quickly at inconvenient times separating them and preventing buffs from enabling sweep kills on top of someone not being able to survive the enemy phase. The solution turned out to be very simple though: Priscilla. I have a fantastic Pain+ healer and all she needed was Lancebreaker and a swap of SPD+3 for ATK+3 in her a slot to deal with the armor. Then there was the Bow cav who loved to target Ninian. Problem was she always left him with 1 HP and I had to figure out how to deal with him the next PP. That is, until I gave her an ATK+ Refine on her weapon. Then everything fell into place. 

As for the Abyssal clear, Cordelia couldn't cut it, so this time I had to bring out the big blue guns. You know him, you love him, that's right: Reinhardt.

Problem was even he lacked the firepower needed to kill these behemoths of foes, that is, until I gave him Savage Blow. Even with he, Nino and the two dancers, beating the map required finesse, elegance and perfect execution. Every positioning choice for EP, every attack counted and one screw up means certain death. But even with the perfect performance I couldn't clear the map. Until I decided to give Nino something special. It wound up being the key to beating the map. You'll know it when you see it. Cheers.

No special thumbnails. I'm tired. With that there's only Jamke. I'm done for now.