Legendary hero battle: Marth

Hilda

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I really can't believe I managed this one. I even told myself it was impossible last night. And yet...

Shout out to obstruct being useful for something.

I'd tag people but mobile SF won't let me, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 1/4/2019 at 1:17 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Wow I really can't believe I managed this one. I even told myself it was impossible last night. And yet...

Shout out to obstruct being useful for something.

I'd tag people but mobile SF won't let me, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This one backed you literally into the corner, I'm always envious of people who can do clears from behind a wall against a mass swarm of enemies so well~ Congrats!

I think Legendary Marth was the biggest challenge yet for my Sharena and friends team. I've tried it so many times that I started to think it just wasn't possible to beat the Infernal difficulty with this particular team. There are a lot of enemies and some of them seemed almost impossible to take down. That blue lance general in particular wasn't feeling very threatened by Raigh, Wrys or Matthew. Even Sharena could't do much against it without being killed by a bonfire blow. 

But after a lot of tries I finally managed to clear this Infernal LHB with my underdog team. 

• 3 months later...

That cleric is the true boss on Abyssal. Had to play around with the seals to get the right combination. Reinhardt gained another AoE special but turns out Luna worked just fine.

Spoiler

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster

Ok, this one has always crept up on me whenever my interest for the game is waning and I have no motivation to do anything but I won't let it slip by this time.

Go Owain(s)!

Interestingly enough, I wasn't really thinking of doing an Awakening theme at first (well Odin is Fates but whatevs) My initial plan involved Marisa and Dorcas for double Infantry Pulse and Soren as a buffbot/offensive support but it wasn't really working out too well and after some messing around this one just naturally came together.

Anyway, RIP L!Hector. He had it coming but it still feels bad. Let me say though, Distant Counter coupled with constant Aether-ing is a blissful experience. Although with how many Guard enemies there were the Aether's weren't as plentiful as I would have liked. Oh and shields, so many shields just lowering his damage output but thankfully I was able to stack his atk high enough so that he can punch right through them.

I'm also happy that Noire finally got some action. I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's done something other than just stand there to provide Infantry Rush and she was actually quite the capable combatant even with just her base kit. Deleting that annoying cleric as soon as the 2nd turn made all subsequent turns so much easier to deal with. Should really invest in her more.

Odin does typical Odin stuff of providing buffs to himself and a partner while being a great nuke.

Likewise, Inigo does typical dancer stuff but he gets to help combat wise by taking out an annoying lancer early on.

If this was nearly impossible in September, it is now more than doable now, especially with the Rein having DB4

18 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Go Owain(s)!

Oh wow, you killed your L!Hector for Owain? Now I get why you want merges for him, the set you gave him is awesome. His "breathing killing Edge" is just perfect for DC and Aether. Big star of this clear. 

Btw: Astra is just the perfect special for Odin. :-) Underlines his over-dramatic personality. 

I'm not used seeing Inigo doubling anyone, perhaps because mine is -SPD ... haha. 

Congrats also to this one! 

One of the biggest Abyssal challenges has finally been brought to an end~

@mampfoid

For most of these Abyssal maps, I always end up trying to Enemy Phase it, but that clearly wasn’t going to work here, there's just too many threats coming at you at once. This is probably the most offensively I’ve played an Abyssal map and probably with one of the strangest teams.

I originally started trying this with Ishtar, but it wasn’t working out, so something told me to test out her aunt. Wrath inbuilt into her Tome is what carried us through the match. Need Quickened Pulse to give her a head start and Fury to get her going. I stole an Atk Tactics while inheriting Glimmer and it took the place of Ishtar's Attack Wave pretty flawlessly.

The Elises really impressed me. I recently somehow came into enough Dragonflowers to buff up Ducklise so I went ahead with it and I'm really glad I did, it made the difference for her kills. Only major SI was Spd Smoke so Tailtiu would be able to double Marth. Phantom Spd actually was needed to counter the Bow Cav's own Phantom Spd.

Boy, will I be glad once Summer comes around so we can patch up that Bane on S!Elise (misses the kill on the Armor by 1 HP without Drive Atk), but with Gronnblade, she's able to get some massive damage off. Noontime was needed to keep her HP up so she isn't killed by the Green Mage or Cleric at the end (she also needs Darting Stance to double the mage).

Eirika was a blessing and a curse, the Panic Ploy, Panic-using Cleric made her more of a liability at times, but we adjusted to stay out of the Cleric's range as much as possible. When we couldn't, her natural Restore removed those penalties. Being an Armor and being unable to  use Armored Boots meant we had to find a better way to move her around and WOM ended up being the key. She only needed HP+5 to survive the Bow Knight~

Time for some late replies!

On 1/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, Sasori said:

I think Legendary Marth was the biggest challenge yet for my Sharena and friends team. I've tried it so many times that I started to think it just wasn't possible to beat the Infernal difficulty with this particular team. There are a lot of enemies and some of them seemed almost impossible to take down. That blue lance general in particular wasn't feeling very threatened by Raigh, Wrys or Matthew. Even Sharena could't do much against it without being killed by a bonfire blow. 

But after a lot of tries I finally managed to clear this Infernal LHB with my underdog team. 

I must have somehow overlooked this one. Good to see the Underdogs were able to beat Marth! Noontime couldn’t stop Raigh from getting that perfect damage to kill. Sharena did a lot of work getting those bignis kills. Matthew’s Spd comes in handy to fend off that Red Cav. Two Rallies and a Fire Emblem proving weren’t enough to finish of Sharena, while Matthew ends Marth with a satisfying 3 damage and gets the final kill.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:07 PM, Flying Shogi said:

That cleric is the true boss on Abyssal. Had to play around with the seals to get the right combination. Reinhardt gained another AoE special but turns out Luna worked just fine.

Hide contents

You’re not wrong about that Cleric being the worst thing ever. Very satisfying seeing her go down so early. Great work with the Nino Reinhardt combo!

On 5/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Ok, this one has always crept up on me whenever my interest for the game is waning and I have no motivation to do anything but I won't let it slip by this time.

Go Owain(s)!

Interestingly enough, I wasn't really thinking of doing an Awakening theme at first (well Odin is Fates but whatevs) My initial plan involved Marisa and Dorcas for double Infantry Pulse and Soren as a buffbot/offensive support but it wasn't really working out too well and after some messing around this one just naturally came together.

Anyway, RIP L!Hector. He had it coming but it still feels bad. Let me say though, Distant Counter coupled with constant Aether-ing is a blissful experience. Although with how many Guard enemies there were the Aether's weren't as plentiful as I would have liked. Oh and shields, so many shields just lowering his damage output but thankfully I was able to stack his atk high enough so that he can punch right through them.

I'm also happy that Noire finally got some action. I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's done something other than just stand there to provide Infantry Rush and she was actually quite the capable combatant even with just her base kit. Deleting that annoying cleric as soon as the 2nd turn made all subsequent turns so much easier to deal with. Should really invest in her more.

Odin does typical Odin stuff of providing buffs to himself and a partner while being a great nuke.

Likewise, Inigo does typical dancer stuff but he gets to help combat wise by taking out an annoying lancer early on.

Oooh, Awakening kids and Odin. And I’ve never seen Noire used before, loved seeing her here. Special Spiral DC Owain is awesome! Good on you eliminating that Cleric quickly. Lots of overflowing power here, especially from Owain, he carried the team on his back, as a chosen one should!

On 5/1/2019 at 10:55 AM, Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer said:

If this was nearly impossible in September, it is now more than doable now, especially with the Rein having DB4

Jamke and Seliph aren’t seen everyday, I really like seeing DC Seliph. DB4 Reinhardt does massive damage, as we expect. I forget sometimes how good his defenses are. Seliph shines with his high HP, easily keeping the Cleric occupied, which Reinhardt and Jamke snipe off the rest. Nice! 

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Returning for a 1-turn:

Had to break Minerva and Morgan's support for this one, Minerva ended up with too much def otherwise.

Great one turn! Interesting that you need to remove a Support to make a clear work instead of vice versa, but looks like it worked like a charm for you!

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

For most of these Abyssal maps, I always end up trying to Enemy Phase it, but that clearly wasn’t going to work here, there's just too many threats coming at you at once. This is probably the most offensively I’ve played an Abyssal map and probably with one of the strangest teams.

Maiden in the Dark. I approve already :lol:

Some close calls but your Elises did just fine. Congrats!

You’re not wrong about that Cleric being the worst thing ever. Very satisfying seeing her go down so early. Great work with the Nino Reinhardt combo!

Panic really is annoying when there's a disparity between the stats of our units and enemies. LH!Azura is a lifesaver.

Hide contents

Jamke and Seliph aren’t seen everyday, I really like seeing DC Seliph. DB4 Reinhardt does massive damage, as we expect. I forget sometimes how good his defenses are. Seliph shines with his high HP, easily keeping the Cleric occupied, which Reinhardt and Jamke snipe off the rest. Nice!

Except that the defenses of Reinhardt are not enough for him to survive that archer towards the end. I had to give Azura the drive def seal, or else I'd have been stuck there

19 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Returning for a 1-turn:

Even Marth cannot stop them. Amazing to see Hinoka tank Marth's special. Also Morgan barely holding on after taking an arrow from an Abyssal archer was incredible. Great work!

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Ooh this is amazing. Can you tag me next time, please? I would have been sorry to miss this.

First, i just love seeing Taltiu here. For a long time, she was one of my go-to blue mages and she still sees some use from time to time. Nice to see she even holds up incredibly well on an Abyssal map. The Elises were true heroes as well. Eirika mostly kept everyone healthy. Very necessary when so many attacks were almost lethal. It definitely didn't get boring. I am still so impressed at you clearing this, when my own attempts failed so bad. I would continue trying, but at this point looking at Marth gives me a headache, so I've decided to postpone it until next time. Still, congrats! 

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Maiden in the Dark. I approve already :lol:

Some close calls but your Elises did just fine. Congrats!

Panic really is annoying when there's a disparity between the stats of our units and enemies. LH!Azura is a lifesaver.

Haha, been waiting for a chance to use this theme, thank you!

5 hours ago, Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer said:

Except that the defenses of Reinhardt are not enough for him to survive that archer towards the end. I had to give Azura the drive def seal, or else I'd have been stuck there

Yeah, Seal Support doesn't matter too much to me, the fact that he only needs that additional +3 means she's still pretty tanky~

14 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Ooh this is amazing. Can you tag me next time, please? I would have been sorry to miss this.

First, i just love seeing Taltiu here. For a long time, she was one of my go-to blue mages and she still sees some use from time to time. Nice to see she even holds up incredibly well on an Abyssal map. The Elises were true heroes as well. Eirika mostly kept everyone healthy. Very necessary when so many attacks were almost lethal. It definitely didn't get boring. I am still so impressed at you clearing this, when my own attempts failed so bad. I would continue trying, but at this point looking at Marth gives me a headache, so I've decided to postpone it until next time. Still, congrats! 

Oh, of course! I only didn't tag you because I thought you'd be right behind me with your clear, sorry it's still giving you some issues. I had stopped trying myself for a few days before going back to it, it really is a tough one. Hope to see you overcome it next time!

Thanks! I was so happy I got to use Tailitu, it's always nice when an unexpected unit can come and be the answer to your struggles. She really surprised me with how efficient she was, I am really happy she got her refine. The Elise duo continued to impress me, too, with some close calls. I've been trying to use them more often since, if we manage to get a 4th Elise (and I luck into the OG one) I'll be trying to use them for Abyssal maps so good for them to test their toes a bit every so often~ Thanks again and good luck when you get back to the map!

@Landmaster

Oh wow. Did't expect to see a comment about the Marth after so long. But glad you enjoyed it. I believe it was my Sharena team's first big challenge with reinforcements and all.

Your own run was probably quite the puzzle. Lots of speedy, frail girls against a legion of enemies. Cool to see Tailtiu and her wrath refine out there. It even allowed her to double Marth and his insane speed.  She's on my way too big 'to dew' list so its good to see her in practice.

The elise duo was also (mostly) hitting gigantic numbers.

On 4.5.2019 at 1:09 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Returning for a 1-turn:

Can't repeat often enough how astonishing it is that you manage to solve everything in one turn with the same team. Changing support is annoying, but it definetely payed out. Congrats! 

On 4.5.2019 at 2:47 AM, Landmaster said:

Wow, that was great! How long did it take you to figure it out? So many close survivals and clutch moments. 

I almost forgot about Tailtius prf and refine, the Wrath effect is a great help, even if she was at full health killing Marth. 

Funny to see a bladetome user with Noontime, especially since there is a healer on her team. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that was great! How long did it take you to figure it out? So many close survivals and clutch moments. 

I almost forgot about Tailtius prf and refine, the Wrath effect is a great help, even if she was at full health killing Marth. 

Funny to see a bladetome user with Noontime, especially since there is a healer on her team. 

Thanks! It took a few hours of tinkering with Ishtar but once I added Tailtiu, it was easy to get through most of the map, just needed to get her out outspeed Marth and have one of the Elises not die to the Cleric which we got with Noontime and Heavenly Light healing~

• 6 months later...

I finally beat Abyssal Marth! Here''s my clear:

Each time I use Yune, more I like her. She is amazing, and probably my favorite unit released this year.

@Landmaster @Zeo @mcsilas @DarkAlf @mampfoid @Maaka @LordFrigid @Rinco @Azuris @Astellius @Alkaid @daisy jane

Edited by Diovani Bressan

27 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Diovani Bressan Wow, love your use of Yune, those Glacies bombs sure are scary. Her 'tome' animation is so nice to look at, too. Also love OG Marth being in the team, too

Thanks! Yune is probably my favorite Legendary/Mythic Hero to use. She is so strong and Res bulky, and the ability to double when foe has a penalty is so useful. Too bad she is a Dark Hero, because I would use her in my Light/Astra Teams so much!

On 12/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

I finally beat Abyssal Marth! Here''s my clear:

Each time I use Yune, more I like her. She is amazing, and probably my favorite unit released this year.

So we nuking Marth on turn one now, that is defs one way to do it~ Nice work, still bitter Yune isn't Offensive for AR~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

So we nuking Marth on turn one now, that is defs one way to do it~ Nice work, still bitter Yune isn't Offensive for AR~

Yep! Taking down the main problem in turn 1, especially since Legendary Marth is racist and doesn't like dwagons, different from OG Mar-Mar that is Nowi's best friend.