September Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Affinity is a property of the person, not of the tools the person uses. Being a carpenter doesn't make you Hammer affinity.

I guess that's true...  I guess Micaiah isn't particularly optimistic and has had a hard life.  I guess I didn't pay much attention to affinities when I played PoR/RD and didn't think too much about where they came from.

6 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I guess that's true...  I guess Micaiah isn't particularly optimistic and has had a hard life.  I guess I didn't pay much attention to affinities when I played PoR/RD and didn't think too much about where they came from.

I'd like to imagine Micaiah's Dark Affinity was chosen because of her being inspired by Deidre, and Julia and Sara too. Deidre has Major Naga Blood giving her incredible light magic powers, but a hidden past behind it and also Minor Loptyr Blood. Micaiah's Dark Affinity seems to me to hint at her being the True Apostle and in communication with Yune, the Goddess of Chaos, and Chaos has a dark affiliation. 

Curiously and coincidentally, while characters of the same Affinity weren't made with similar personality traits in mind, that'd be nightmare to assemble, the Dark Affinity in Tellius seems to for all but one of its playable members have a connection. Micaiah has her aforementioned secrets, Soren has his, the Black Knight is built on mystery, Naesala has the Blood Pact thing he hides from everyone else, and Calill hides her countryside origins. Only Giffca lacks a hidden truth, and for him, I think the reason they picked Dark was because he is a black Lion, he is visually darkness.

Earth affinity? Then...Eliwood with Aureola, Sigurd with a lance, Seliph with a lance, Eirika with an original weapon, Micaiah with an original weapon or Celica with Seraphim. There’s also the possibility of another Fates royal so...Takumi or Sakura as a blue bow unit, Leo with an original weapon, Arete or Elise with an original weapon. 

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Eirika with an original weapon

Oh god no I don't have the Orbs!!

Seriously though, I'm convinced the next Hero will be tied to one of the three banners we got. L!Lyn was the only exception because it was FE7's Anniversary and we had two FE13 banners in a row, IIRC (and had Grima for the first).

2 hours ago, Venmi said:

Anything but Earth XD?  I guess that might be selfish of me if Earth really does make the most sense- there don't seem to be a lot of people who like Micaiah and Ike, but I'm a huge fan of both.

I'm glad someone else wants a legendary Micaiah.  And despite what it says in the game with affinities, Micaiah never struck me as dark.  She uses light magic, so I don't know why they put her as dark.  I'd be happy with water affinity, which makes sense for the reasons you listed.

Dark affinity was because she has a dark secret like the other branded characters except for Stefan who doesn't need to keep a secret due to living in a branded village. I don't know what each affinity means but I'm fairly certain that's the meaning of dark affinity. 

You could make a Tellius themed earth grounds set of two theme to complete those challenges that require two earth teams. 

I've made two legendary Micaiah theory crafts so I want her a lot. I made a colourless staff legendary and blue tome legendary. The other affinities wouldn't make sense because wind represents freedom something Micaiah doesn't have due to being shackled with all kinds of secrets and burdens. 

Here is a thread that attempts to cover what each affinity stands for. Sadly that guy didn't play PoR or RD. Here is another one you might be interested in.

I think Micaiah fits either Earth or water based on her personality and characterization. 

I'll be using this website to analyse which of the four affinities Micaiah most likely falls under other than dark. 

Spoiler

Fire

Fire characters tend to be fierce and courageous (Reyson, Geoffrey, Skrimir), outgoing and expressive, and often fairly cheerful (Tormod, Heather, Aimee, Marcia) even exuberant (Oliver). They typically like competition and challenges (Mia, Ashnard, Boyd).
Some outlaiers that don’t work as well with those associations: Nealuchi, Danved, Rhys, Shiharam, Numida.

Fire doesn't work because Micaiah isn't exactly fierce. She's quite passive. She isn't very expressive either and is quite secretive. Micaiah can be cheerful but she's mostly reserved unless the situation calls for her to act cheerful to boost morale. Micaiah isn't a very competitive person. I think we can discount the fire affinity. Aesthetically, she's certainly not fire either like Roy is. 

Spoiler

Water

Water characters tend to be very emotional and invested in their relationships with other characters. They can be wonderfully supportive and caring (Mist, Leanne, Sigrun, Brom), can also be prone to melancholy (Pelleas, Leonardo). They can be fairly reserved or quiet while still being helpful to others (Mordecai, Ulki). They may follow their strong relationships onto foolish choices (Levail, Kurthnaga, Hetzel).
No outliers.

(The Woobieness is strong in the Water Affinity!)

(Note: Fire seems to be the opposite of Thunder, rather than Water, in term of support bonuses at least)

Well Micaiah is invested in her relationship with Sothe and the people of Daein. Micaiah is certainly a very caring and supportive individual. Micaiah isn't all that prone to despair except in extreme cases. Micaiah is generally reserved and quiet. I guess the last line can apply to Micaiah's choices in part 3 as much as I hate to admit. 

Spoiler

Wind

Wind characters are often clever and witty (Ranulf, Bastian), and often good at thinking critically, especially regarding politics (Haar, Nephenee, Sothe) and are fairly independent minded (Volk). They very often have a taste for wandering (Nailah). They follow their own ideas, wherever that might lead them (Astrid, Rolf).
Outliers: Kieran, Largo (both being axe users, I wonder if it isn’t largely for the sake of the accuracy boost) Vika, Laura (I can’t really remember them having personality enough to assess how well they work).

Micaiah is certainly clever and can be witty too such as her teasing Sothe around. Micaiah makes a lot of strategies so she's thinking critically especially since she successfully manages to argue her point of view in strategy meetings/debates. Micaiah isn't all that independent, at least compared to Volke, but considering she can be quite defiant even though people disagree with her, she can be considered to be an independent thinker. At one point Micaiah used to wonder around Tellius. Micaiah does follow her own ideals regardless of the suffering. 

Spoiler

Earth

I want to describe Earth characters as “people with a healthy sense of priorities”. They are not quick to resort to violence, but will go there if necessary (Cainaghis, Fiona), they are relatively practical minded about their sense of ethics and they often move first to prevent unnecessary loss of life (Ziharc, Nolan) – or if devoid of morals they just look out for n°1 (Lekain, Valtome) – but when they have engaged their loyalty to something they will lay down their life for it (Lucia, Renning, Ena, Bryce). They often have a fairly wry sense of humor (Volug, Oscar). And they can be quite abrupt and blunt in demeanor (Ike, Tanith).
No real outliers

I think this one can fit as well except for being blunt like Tanith and Ike are or the Lekain and Valtome looking out for themselves. 

So I think anything but fire affinity works. 

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Danved, Rhys

Devdan/Danved is pretty exuberant in his ways, always happy and such. Rhys might be frail, but seems he sometimes wants and wishes he could be more adventurous and outgoing despite his fraility, his Ulki support where he just keeps wanting to ride on his back isn't something a totally mellow and mild priest would want.

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So does anyone know when we will get news about the hero? Also Oliver looking good as always. Also I want to pull a good green unit as I only have a neutral B Ephraim and I need diversity.

Should be around tonight. For EST, I know it's around 10:00 or 11:00 PM. Leaning on 11:00 PM EST.

1 hour ago, saisymbolic said:

Should be around tonight. For EST, I know it's around 10:00 or 11:00 PM. Leaning on 11:00 PM EST.

Yeah, pretty sure it's 11 here in EST.

49 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Please be Seliph or Bruno.  Please.

Bruno would amuse me, but I don't see it happening.

Seliph I feel needs to be Red so he can have Best Tyrfing... unless he glued Tyrfing to a stick or something and called it a lance. I wouldn't be opposed to Blue Legendary Seliph tho.

I'm just hoping Flying Nino isn't on this month's banner, 'cause I have no Orbs for it right now. Also kinda expecting M!Grima and Spring Sharena with Hector. No idea who the new LB's gonna be tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

29 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Since we are using the recent banners as basis for the Legendary Hero, wouldn't Sigurd be more likely than Seliph? 

I'm thinking it will be Sigurd, Bruno or Corrin.

Sigurd would be the most likely candidate out of those 3. Bruno has no business there. He’s done a whole lot of nothing. Corrin is a possibility but...which one...? 

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Sigurd would be the most likely candidate out of those 3. Bruno has no business there. He’s done a whole lot of nothing. Corrin is a possibility but...which one...? 

I would say Nohr Noble Corrin (something like Legendary Nohrian) wielding a Blue Tome?

Since Heroes always uses F!Corrin to be the Conquest route then it would be her, leaveing M!Corrin as a possible Colorless Staff Legendary as a hoshidan noble.

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The banner was from Conquest and the GHB is from Birthright. The Legendary Hero could be from the Revelation route. Anankos, Lilith, Arete, Mikoto, Sumeragi or even a Garon alt. 

I think it's going to be Azura. She would, after all, be the character most closely associated with the Revelation route (with the Birthright and Conquest families representing their routes). 

That is of course assuming that Garon is representing Birthright. He may just be there as another Nohr character. In which case, Camilla or Xander are the likely candidates. 

Edited by Etheus

When has recent NH banners determined the LH of the month?

As for Fates getting another LH, well it is inevitable, since so far we only have Ryoma, which is creating an imbalance in Fateslandia where things have been getting increasingly hot from an unsetting sun, and soon unless balance is restored by the Vallaza kingdom or Duskyogre, all of Fateslandia will be burnt to a crisp. 

Less fantasy, a Nohrian is needed to counterbalance Ryoma, Fates demands symmetry, some of the time at least.

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Yeah, pretty sure it's 11 here in EST.

Bruno would amuse me, but I don't see it happening.

Seliph I feel needs to be Red so he can have Best Tyrfing... unless he glued Tyrfing to a stick or something and called it a lance. I wouldn't be opposed to Blue Legendary Seliph tho.

I'm just hoping Flying Nino isn't on this month's banner, 'cause I have no Orbs for it right now. Also kinda expecting M!Grima and Spring Sharena with Hector. No idea who the new LB's gonna be tho.

It is the perfect time for Bruno, I don't know if they'll pull the trigger though.

Seliph is known as wielding Tyrfing, sword main weapon.  However on promotion can wield lances as well so blue can work.  Would be similar with how Lyn can wield bows on promotion so they gave her bow for her legendary form.  Then we have Lucina, whose canon promoted class doesn't wield lances at all, though she can access bows through reclassing.  So really anything can happen.

Flying Nino is on a banner now, with much better odds than if she appears on legendary banner.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I would be here for Seliph but at the same time I wouldn't because I want my Orbs

Seliph deserves it so much.  His original version is just so poor and hasn't aged well, even on release I don't think he made much of a splash at all.

2 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Since we are using the recent banners as basis for the Legendary Hero, wouldn't Sigurd be more likely than Seliph? 

I'm thinking it will be Sigurd, Bruno or Corrin.

Sigurd would make more sense if going by banners.  He's also more popular so I guess the odds might not be too good for poor Seliph.  Another blue who I think would be a great choice is Altena.  She is the daughter of Quan and Ethlyn who we got this month, plus also wields the Gae Bolg.  

On Nohr vs Hoshido, the game has released so much more Nohr characters and alts than Hoshido so I don't feel Nohr is owed anything.  

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Sigurd would make more sense if going by banners.  He's also more popular so I guess the odds might not be too good for poor Seliph.  Another blue who I think would be a great choice is Altena.  She is the daughter of Quan and Ethlyn who we got this month, plus also wields the Gae Bolg.  

On Nohr vs Hoshido, the game has released so much more Nohr characters and alts than Hoshido so I don't feel Nohr is owed anything.  

About Altena, i don't know how i feel about a non-OC becoming a Legendary Hero before getting a normal version. It's not as bad as, say, Noire and that fates axe-girl, but it's still not good.

I'm not very well informed about Fates-stuff, but even i know that even in "Hoshido" banners there are alts of Nohrian heroes. 

@Interdimensional Observer Symmetry in Fateslandia is a myth at this point.