Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I really liked both Fire Emblem & Stratego. When we were a child, a friend & I made Stratego with Fire Emblem characters. Unfortunately, I don't have any physical pieces left of the game, but I still have a list of ranks of the characters.

It's only a list with Tellius characters though. I tried to make the list as canonical as possible (With a little bias). I also tried to fit teams in 1 rank. All non-royal beast are 'Miners / Sappers'

Spoiler
  Allied forces             Enemy forces    
10 Ike               Ashera      
9 Tibarn               Dheginsea    
                         
8 Caineghis             Sephiran Lehran    
8 Giffca               Black Knight    
                         
7
Skrimir
              Nailah      
7 Greil               Naesala      
7 Stefan               Ashnard      
                         
6 Geoffrey               Tauroneo      
6 Titania               Haar      
6 Soren               Micaiah      
6 Renning               Sigrun      
                         
5 Shinon               Leonardo      
5 Gatrie               Aran      
5 Boyd               Nolan      
5 Mia               Edward      
                         
4 Kieran               Jill      
4 Astrid               Zihark      
4 Elincia               Lekain      
4 Lucia               Sanaki      
                         
3 Ranulf               Volug      
3 Mordecai               Muarim      
3 Lethe               Nealuchi      
3 Janaff               Nasir Ena    
3 Ulki               Kurthnaga    
                         
8x2 Mist Calill Ilyana Bastian         Oliver Tormod Izuka Pelleas
  Reyson Rhys Brom Nephenee       Rafiel Laura Largo Jared
                         
1 Volke               Sothe      

 

 

Additional rules (to make the game more special):

-Weapon triangle

When the number is the same, but the weapon varies, the character with the weapon advantage wins.

 

-Support

When your character is next to another character with the same affinity (for example, Greil Mercenaries: Shinon & Gatrie. Or for example, Royal Guards: Kieran & Geoffrey), the character receives +1 bonus.

 

Feel free to command if you don't agree with the list :)

And feel free to make your own list of a Fire Emblem game! Whether it's Shadow Dragon, Awakening , Radiant Dawn or a whole other Fire Emblem game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been forever since I've seen a game of Stratego, but I remember having tons of fun with it. I think Fire Emblem was pretty much made to be a Stratego spin off and it blows my mind that I've never seen anyone come up with it before. Perhaps the additional rules could even be further expanded upon to include mechanics like map terrain advantages where forests, mountains, forts, and so on, could be placed on the board and grant bonuses or hindrances to certain units. Granted something like that would need to be play tested to death to avoid becoming overpowered when a player abuses them, but hey, it's still a cool idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, Stratego, I remember that. Fun times.

Hmm, interesting list there for Tellius. Although I can't say I agree with the paired choices for the 10's. I'd either add Yune or remove Ashera. On the other hand, as-is I find it hilarious of the implications considering how are the 1/S's. I know it's due to the mechanics, but still, hahaha...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

It's been forever since I've seen a game of Stratego, but I remember having tons of fun with it. I think Fire Emblem was pretty much made to be a Stratego spin off and it blows my mind that I've never seen anyone come up with it before. Perhaps the additional rules could even be further expanded upon to include mechanics like map terrain advantages where forests, mountains, forts, and so on, could be placed on the board and grant bonuses or hindrances to certain units. Granted something like that would need to be play tested to death to avoid becoming overpowered when a player abuses them, but hey, it's still a cool idea.

I agree. A solid match of stratego without any addioal rules is already fun. But with Fire Emblem we can use some features of the game likethe weapon triangle & terrian bonnusus.

 

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Stratego, I remember that. Fun times.

Hmm, interesting list there for Tellius. Although I can't say I agree with the paired choices for the 10's. I'd either add Yune or remove Ashera. On the other hand, as-is I find it hilarious of the implications considering how are the 1/S's. I know it's due to the mechanics, but still, hahaha...

I guess we can put Yune on the list in favor of Renning. Yune at 10, Ike 9, Tibarn 8, Giffca 7 & Stefan or Scririm at 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a list of characters  of the Akaneia saga (FE1, 11 & 12)

Spoiler
          Fire Emblem Stratego          
  Allied forces             Enemy forces    
10               10
Medeus
     
9 Gotoh              9 Gharnef      
                         
8 Nagi              8 Hardin      
8 Marth             8 Camus      
                         
7 Tiki             7        
7 Ogma              
7Lorenz
     
7 Nabarl             7 Michalis      
                         
6 Merric             6 Minerva       
6 Linde             6 Jeorge      
6 Xane             6 Astram      
6 Jagen              6 Wolf          
                         
5 Frey              5 Sedgar       
5 Cain              5 Roshea       
5 Abel              5 Vyland       
5 Gordin              5 Midia       
                         
4 Sheeda             4 Tomas       
4 Palla             4 Dolph       
4 Catria             4 Macellan       
4 Est             4 Boah       
                         
3 Barst             3 Jake      
3 Bord              3 Beck      
3 Cord              3 Warren      
3 Darros                    3 Samuel      
3 Ymir             3 Malice      
                         
8x2 Luke Roderick Cecil Ryan       8x2 Maria Nyna Radd Caesar
  Elice Lena Bantu Arran         Samson Katarina Roger Matthis
                         
1 Julian             1 Rickard      
5

Opinions? Any advice for the empty spots?

 

Edited by Truebladee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it has too many PC's on the enemy side. I think it doesn't really fit to place them as the "enemy", even if some really were on their side for one reason or another. Would've said the same for Tellius, but they did went for "PC's vs PC's", so it did fit to a degree. How about replaceing them with the game bosses? I think both games have enough to truly make it an "enemy" faction.

---

Well, in any case, I decided to give a try at this, and started making one for Blazing Blade. Still WIP:

Spoiler
       Allies           Enemies
10     Athos            Nergal
9      Eliwood          Limstella
8      Hector           Sonia
8      Lyn              Brendan
7      Oswin            Lloyd
7      Marcus           Linus
7      Pent             Ephidel
6                       Ursula
6                       Jaffar
6                       Uhai
6                       Pascal
1      Matthew          Legault

 

 

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it has too many PC's on the enemy side. I think it doesn't really fit to place them as the "enemy", even if some really were on their side for one reason or another. Would've said the same for Tellius, but they did went for "PC's vs PC's", so it did fit to a degree. How about replaceing them with the game bosses? I think both games have enough to truly make it an "enemy" faction.

2

Because there are more noteworthy good characters, I went for a different approach. Crimea & Gallia (consist of all good characters) VS Dain & Begnion (featuring a lot of antagonists). 

I did the same with Akaneia saga (Altea & Talys VS Archanea & Dolhr).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...